Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 03:58 PM   #61  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrypie
When I think of all the mistakes I've made

Well, Frappe, your problem is obvious...you're not supposed to think about these things.

BTW...my DD gets mad when I tell her she has to actually LOOK where she's going while she drives. She doesn't threaten to run away because we haven't bought her a car yet.

Speaking of....I have to go pick her up...bye
Old 02-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #62  
Dysfunctional Queen

How simple, Lush! Why didn't I think of that?????? That's why we pay you the big bucks!
Old 02-06-2004, 05:22 PM   #63  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi Hi -- sweet of you to miss me. Was I really not here for 2 days? I don't remember. I think I slept through most of it. Good heavens, FrappeBerry, you sure can't say your life has been uneventful since we last saw you! Sounds very stressful indeed. How do you like NC other than kids driving you crazy? Want to come visit us at the beach in July?

I have a theory -- in really cold climates, kids spend so much energy keeping warm, they don't have as much left to get in trouble. What do you think? On the other hand, in really hot climates, you would think that the heat would sap the energy out of people too. Apparently Florida is not hot enough.

By the way, I'm much younger than all of you -- I'm only about 25 in my mind. Maybe I'll post a picture of myself...

Big storm starting here -- right now it's snowing, but the word is that we will be getting freezing rain and sleet tomorrow. Blecch. DD's winter recital was supposed to be tomorrow; has been postponed for 3 weeks because of the weather. She is singing an Italian song and playing Scarborough Faire on the guitar. Not at the same time. Sunday we are going to see my niece in the Mikado. Unless my half-sister somehow manages to cancel on us or something (I am terminally skeptical of these family things). I mean, worst case would be we get there for the performance and find that she didn't buy us the tickets she was supposed to. But, we are bringing her father-in-law with us, so I think she wouldn't dare. I told you I would get involved again. I can't help myself.

Our house smells to high heaven. There is definitely something dead in here, but I can't find it. I just cleaned the bathroom; didn't find it in there. Unless it's in the heat register. God it's disgusting. Wish I had a scent-hound to track it down.

Have a great time at the Garden Show, Wabbit.

Kiwi
Old 02-06-2004, 05:37 PM   #64  
Member w/ messiest house

I have trouble convincing my DD that she has to stop at red lights.... "Oh, I didn't see it" Scary...
Old 02-07-2004, 09:12 AM   #65  
loves kleenex box art

I feel so much like Frappy. Isn't that amazing! She's a jetsetter movie star mom and I'm a dumpy small town woman who can't find a man. Yet, I can't remember how old I am nor do I try. They should shut up instead of asking. Plus ... I think about this all the time lately, how I'd like to start over. How I'd do things now that I know something. Before I knew nothing. Truly. Nothing.

Got email from Herbie this am telling me that Wednesday will be his last day at work. The rest of the month will be spent in Panama and Costa Rica so before Wednesday he'd like some stuff back from me and will give me other stuff in exchange. Not much time is it? Do you think he didn't know his maybe two weeks ago? See, if I had it to do over, I could find someone better than that. It really could've been done. There are lots of them, I'm sure.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:50 AM   #66  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

He just wants to rub your nose into the fact that he is going away for a month and you aren't.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:16 AM   #67  
Dysfunctional Queen

Oh, No! Peachy. When last we talked, Herbie seemed so great! S***. I'm sorry. Don't we know anyone smart enough to invent a time machine and send us back?

I have a brain tumor headache. DD2 is making me crazy. Do kids plan this tag-team stuff or does it just c ome naturally?
Old 02-07-2004, 01:30 PM   #68  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Got email from Herbie this am telling me that Wednesday will be his last day at work. The rest of the month will be spent in Panama and Costa Rica so before Wednesday he'd like some stuff back from me and will give me other stuff in exchange. Not much time is it?

You mean he's retiring? Or just going on vacation? I think you should take advantage of the last minute request and deliver the stuff he wants to his office at 4:59pm on Wednesday. Really mess up his day

Well, it's snowing big fluffy flakes here right now. Not really the severe winter storm that was predicted, but it's pretty. DH is planning to take DD out plowing a little later -- I mean he is going to make her do the plowing!!! What's wrong with this scenario? She has never driven a manual transmission vehicle, not to mention a pickup truck! I'm staying on the other side of the house in case we lose a wall or something

Actually if you've never been in a truck that's plowing a driveway, you're missing a great experience. The sort of thing that we arctic dwellers think of as fun (sure, if you have to do it all the time, it's work, but once or twice, definitely fun). There is something of wild abandon about pushing a pile of snow as hard as you can into another pile of snow. DH took my very Georgia-fied brother out plowing once when he was visiting, and his reaction was a hearty "YeeHaw!!!"

Okay, I'll stop being wierd. For a while.

Kiwi
Old 02-07-2004, 02:37 PM   #69  
loves kleenex box art

Thank you, Frapling. He was wonderful long ago. Then one day he changed his "deep feelings." His "deep feelings" and he are retiring I think. That's how I took it. I don't know.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:24 PM   #70  
Dysfunctional Queen

Are you still communing with the ducks, Peach? How is darling son? Herbie can take his "deep feelings" and............

I'm off to see Barbershop 2 with entire family and all of Durham. Should be interesting, DD2 and DS aren't speaking. DD2 and I aren't speaking. DD2's BF has come in from the tent and is joining us. MIL has graciously consented to join us.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:36 PM   #71  
loves kleenex box art

DS is fine. He's in 10th grade at a charter school run by a college. This means that he is taking pre calculus, Spanish and environmental science on a college level with college students, plus two other one-hour courses they make him take, and English and history on the high school level. tons of homework. No social life. Him nor me. We are dull dull dull.

We have no one to not speak to. Count your blessings.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:37 PM   #72  
loves kleenex box art

everytime I log onto Google news, the headline is about janet jackson. Does anyone really care?
Old 02-08-2004, 01:52 AM   #73  
Member w/ messiest house

well, let's face it, men will never let that go.

Tomorrow I am going to see the Mikado.

I'm so poetic. My niece is Peep-Bo.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:07 AM   #74  
fatter than U

Another depressed cow with no life reporting in for duty. What can we do to cheer us all up? I wanna go back in time and start over tooooooooooooo! But I want to do it knowing what I know now. Know what I mean?

Why is it so important for Herbie to have some of his stuff back and bring stuff to you if he's going on vacation? I think he's just trying to annoy you. THIS will be the year when a wonderful man comes into your life and Herbie can just blow it out his pineapple print shorts (isn't that what they wear in Flarrida?)

Computer is STILL acting weird. Found out that it hadn't been ScanDisked or defragmented for the past...ahem...(don't laugh)...700 days and thought that would do the trick but it didn't. Now I'm thinking maybe there are giant dust bunnies in the hard drive or something. May have to call the computer doctor very soon so if you don't hear from me, I haven't run away, I'm just cut off from civilization for a while.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:42 AM   #75  
loves kleenex box art

Sugar, if we don't be smarter when we go back in time, there's no point. I don't want to relive all the bad stuff.

Herbie has, I think maybe, handed his business over to his kids. The cell phone I have is one of the business phones. Also, and I don't get this at all, I have a transponder to cross a bridge that belongs to him. It saves me $2 everytime I cross the bridge which is about 6 times a year. He wants it back so he can give me another one, I think he said, but I don't know why.

I emailed him yesterday saying I was close to his house all morning and to call me if he wanted to exchange. He emailed last night saying he was in class from 6 am to 10 pm. Didn't say what kind of class. He really is not a good communicator.

I need to loose a few pounds to get that man or are there men who want a fat me? I'm very ready and I'm veryyyyyy glad to have Frappy back. Why did she stray? Was it because of that veggie diet that made her thin? No more veggie diets.
Closed Thread