Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 10:18 AM   #106  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default i hate that

what you are discussing often happens to MOI and i would have to say that the only answer is to take Sugar's Advice----unfortunately---you can't tell ANYone if you want it to be a true secretIt is not fun keeping the secret if it is a good one like yours peachie-------are you worried that they won't like it at work????I know that my dh works for CBC and he is not allowed to write for any other publication----is this the problem????? You can't help it if you are a published author======they are lucky to have you!!!i got in REALLY big trouble for repeating a story my dd17 told me about another kid-----------------------the worst part is,my dd got all the heat because her big mouth MOTHER repeated a story and everyone knew that it must have been my daughter who spread the news----------granted,the kid should not have been doing what he/she was doing BUT I have learned that if the parents can't deal with their own kid's problems,they will often shoot the messenger---------------------THE BAD PART IS=====I WAS JUST REPEATING A STORY I HEARD-----I DID NOT GO TO THE PARENTS OF THE "KID"-------------SO I WAS REALLY GOSSIPING [IN A SHOCKED,I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY ARE UP TO THESE DAYS" KIND OF WAY OF COURSE}IF ANYONE MADE SENSE OF THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW-----I DON'T HAVE TIME TO PROOFREAD AND CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 10:59 AM   #107  
loves kleenex box art

No Little Bagzie. The problem is that someone may recognize something in the story. And be hurt. Or mad.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:13 PM   #108  

Cowpernia, speaking as a wife, yes, I pretty much blab everything to DH, and I also use the "don't tell or you're cut off for life" line like Sugar does. It's pretty effective. The only way to really keep a secret is to never tell anyone, which is pretty hard because your secret is such a cool one that you'd really like to tell the world. Sorry. You're in a tough spot.

Now, speaking as a mom of a 20 yr old boy, tatoos have no relation to meth. Hope you didn't get that from my lamenting about DS's trials and tribulations. He's definitely not the grungy type. He loves nice clothes and nice cars, so that keeps his nose to the grindstone working hard. His problems usually stem from ignoring little problems until they become big problems. If he would have listened to his parents about his rental house that he shared with the ex gf, the landlord wouldn't have come up with a bunch of repairs that they claim were caused by DS. We told DS when he moved into the house that he needed to take pictures of damaged stuff (broken windows, etc.) but he didn't listen. Now the landlord is claiming these things were damaged by DS. When he got the original letter from the landlord he just threw it away and didn't bother to call because he thought it was ridiculous. Denial.

Dr. Phil annoys me.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:47 PM   #109  
Dysfunctional Queen

Peachy, I was wrong. Or incomplete. Of course anything told to dh comes with the "i'm not supposed to tell anyone so shut up about it" disclaimer.

the wife was wrong to not train her dh well enough that he wouldn't blab in a public place of all things!

speaking of dh's mine is mad at me because i assumed he knew certain things and didn't spell stuff out and he went on a needless errand because he didn't listen and think at the same time. of course it's my fault.

wabs, i've been told that kids only learn by experience. it would be nice if they realized our advice would save them trouble.

judge judy annoys me.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #110  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Dusty Jane Annoys me.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:04 PM   #111  
loves kleenex box art

Dusty jane is still in contact with you?

People who follow rules to the letter and act like i may rip a page out of the case list book at the courthouse and run off with it, annoy me.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:17 PM   #112  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

june annoys me.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:23 PM   #113  
loves kleenex box art

I like June.

Flylady annoys me.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:13 PM   #114  
Dysfunctional Queen

Is Dusty Jane still around????? Who is June?

How can FlyLady annoy you? Aren't you moved by "purple puddles?" Unfeeling monster, Cowpernia!
Old 02-11-2004, 02:36 PM   #115  

Everyone needs to read The Amateur Marriage by Anne Tyler. It's so good and I need someone to discuss it with.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:45 AM   #116  

Default My mother was named Jane and she's turned to dust....

Is that who you were talking about? Hmm probably not!
Somebody clue me in about dusty Jane.
People who can stick with flylady amaze (and annoy) me.

My son got a tatoo when he turned 20... Curious George in a space suit.. He says **** get one of Sendak's Wild Things if he gets another. What are they going to say when he's 50? "Yo Mama.. was she a librarian?" and he'll have to say "yes, a children's librarian" I'm grateful he didn't pick the Poky Little Puppy or something.

Glad y'all are having interesting times other wise... so sorry about financial problems, sons in denial, blabbing husbands and fears of people recognizing themselves in FICTION. HA! How grandiose is that? These people think they're the ONLY ones you might be interested in writing about? What about us? We must be at least as entertaining as any people in Cowie's home town!

You hereby have my permission to say that anything you wrote was actually about me... just to throw your petty locals off the scent. (I'd prefer, of course, that you said I was doing something sexy, exciting and THIN... but... it doesn't matter.)

DH and I went to theater production of Spitfire Grill tonight. Somebody based a bluegrass/musical on the movie.... It was very sweet and tender... and reminded me of how prejudice is balanced by forgiveness and how fear of criticism can lead to prejudice.

I'm mostly over my depressive whining since St. Pete's. A teensy bit of exercise has helped. I'm still looking forward to the weekend though. For one thing that means we'll be past the possible snow they're talking about for morning.

Wabby... will see if I can find a 2nd hand Anne Tyler... Sometimes she's way too literary/subtle for me. Have you read Time Traveler's Wife? I could discuss that!

Lohani... sorry you got in trouble for NJ vulgarisms... First husband was Eyetalian from NJ, but was prudish. It must be the California girl in me that enjoys a bit of shock once in a while. I don't want to stay in the fat + nice/ thin + mean double bind. I think when I feel deprived I get crabby. So... how to get thin without doing deprivation....

Night all.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:48 AM   #117  
fatter than U

Talking Curious George - now there's an idea!

I'd do mine in magic marker though.

Painty, telling you all about Dusty Jane could take years. She may even be lurking at this very moment. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Nothing to report. I'm depressed. I need a new life. Oh, wait a sec, there IS something. You know those people who live across the street from us and supposedly despise us because they wanted to buy the house (= tip) we're in and we snapped it up before they even had a chance? Well...that was 8 1/2 years ago and lo and behold, a couple of weeks ago dh was over there helping the guy carry some heavy object up their stairs and the lady of the house suddenly issues a dinner invitation. Just imagine our surprise. I suppose we could have had them over some time, but you don't really want to do that with people who hate your guts, do you? Dinner is Saturday night at 7. No clue what to wear. I know I'm going to feel like a loser.
Closed Thread