Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 09:33 AM   #76  
fatter than U

Default no more veggie diets

There is intelligent life on earth: Between dh's tiny brain and my even tinier one we decided we had to install XP all over again on the new computer and it FINALLY did what we wanted - email and internet. I'm saved. Except that all my other crap is on the old computer that won't even start right now. Seems to work after a couple of hours. Must be those dust bunnies. You can all send me yer email addresses again if you like. Mine is the same. Why are machines so much easier to fix than people? Do those computer guys come to your house and fix the thing while U wait, or what?

Wouldn't it be fun to have all your alternate lives in front of you and then be able to pick the one that looks the best and go back and start that one again? Or something.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:47 PM   #77  

Default Back from St. Pete's Beach

Chilly (not chili) in Texas... but had some good beach/sunset moments.
I am perfectly equipped for R&R... but will slog on into the week as it begins over night.

It was creepy to be only an hour away from the Carlie B case in Sarasota. He must have said something horrible to her, because they found evidence in his car that she fought hard. Good for her--

I'm having a maudlin, grey-day pity party that I didn't "fight back" and make my life different in the past. I was (and tend to be) so @#$%ing polite and "nice." Does anyone else feel that they'd have to be mean to get in shape or get to goal weight? I feel trapped in a fat blobby cocoon of niceness that I can hack out of.

Thanks to those who wondered where I'd gone!
PW
Old 02-09-2004, 06:54 AM   #78  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Alternate lives....I want the one where I end up getting 9 hours of sleep every night no matter what...and in it I will be able to go to bed whenever I want because I can get up whenever I want.

Sugar, brilliant on the computer. Mine is running slow, too. Why don't you come here to fix it.

Painty...What the f^ck....why would I have to be mean???? No, I don't wish I was more of a fighter, because you don't get to pick and choose which areas of your life you get to fight in. I'm glad I have harmonious relationships. All the nasty people I would have fought with don't have that.

I stayed up to watch the Grammys last night.. WHY??? I like Outkast a lot and I loved seeing George Clinton, White Stripes and Foo Fighters...even though the sound was terrible for a lot of it. The point is, though, that I will pay all day for that. Maybe I should get Tivo.
I'm planning to be home all day. That means posts from you guys would be nice. I am miffed that Kiwi has obviously gotten a life and now has better things to do than to post.
I'll be back all day...bye
Old 02-09-2004, 08:12 AM   #79  
loves kleenex box art

I watched the Grammys, too. Some of it was incomprehensible to me. Africian something. Green Indians. The Church of Funk. I did recognize Andy Williams and thought his tux was nice.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:33 AM   #80  
Dysfunctional Queen

I did not watch Grammys. I watched reruns of Law and Order. It's ok to watch reruns, because I never stay awake to see the end so I never know who did it.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:28 PM   #81  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

THAT'S WHY I LOVE LAW AND ORDER TOOIT ALWAYS SEEMS NEW SINCE YOU NEVER SEE THE END!!!i love HEEYYYYYYYY YAAAAAAAAAA=-------SHAKE IT LIKE A POLAROID PICTCHA@@@!!!!!OKAY-----DIDN'T ANYONE NOTICE THAT LOW ARSE SAID THE EFFFFFFFFFF WORD!!!!! ALLLLLLLLLLLLL RIGGGGGGGGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT-------we are smokin here
Old 02-09-2004, 01:53 PM   #82  
fatter than U

Question Ignorance is bliss?

Someone tell me what a Tivo is. I've heard that three times this week. We only have TV.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:32 PM   #83  

Tivo is a digital video recorder, Sug. You can enter a show name and it will record it, or record a certain show and it will record it every day, like the Gardeners Journal is on every morning at 4 am and it records it for me. You can also skip thru commercials. Kinda like a regular video recorder, but much better. It does other stuff too, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out yet.

The Garden show trip was soooo much fun! I wish you all could go with me next time! We ate, and drank and hot tubbed and shopped and laughed and laughed and laughed! We also walked so much my feet still hurt. It was so much what I needed. I just love my girlie friends and my sisters so much. And when I got home I even felt like I loved home and my family so much too. Too bad they can't put this feeling in pill form. I'd be taking one every day.

Of course Lushie said the eff word. She's a Jersey girl. Don't you watch the Sopranos??? Hee. I don't say it much, but I sure think it alot.

I want you all to quit watching the news. It's all bad news and it doesn't help your mental state. Take a train trip with a bunch of friends.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:42 PM   #84  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Painty said we should be tougher....I was being compliant and agreeable, as usual, by showing evidence of a foul mouth and a bad attitude. I don't want to fight with anyone, particularly Painty.

I love Hey Ya...I LOVE all that funkadelic stuff from the past.

I just watched Law and Order. It told me profound truths about the justice system. Naturally I fell asleep for the end. I know who did it anyway. It was the person they missed on the first pass. Then when the evidence did not support the easy solution, they did the honorable thing and let the suspect go. Justice is blind, and the search for the real crimminal turned up a person who tore at their heartstrings. Justifiable homocide???? Is there such a thing? They have a conscience. But they have a job to do, too, dammit. They bravely went forward with their prosecution because they are not the law....the law is the law.

TIVO is a tv recording device. It can record several shows at once, it has a memory for your favorite shows and will record those. It does everything but watch the show for you. I don't have it. I have enough stuff to make me waste time.

I've got to get back to work. I belong to the clean house club.
bye

PS...Hi Wabby, I just posted this and saw your message. It is nice to see you're back and so happy. I would LOVE to go away for a weekend...anywhere...I don't care.

Last edited by Lohani; 02-09-2004 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:41 PM   #85  
Dysfunctional Queen

The person who did it on L&O is the biggest name guest star who seems to have a tiny little part in the beginning.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:27 PM   #86  
The magic shrinking cow

I love Hey Ya- it's the first song I downloaded with my Apple iTunes account. I also love Bruce Cockburn. I also love Earth, Wind, and Fire. After the OutKast stuff, the rest of the show was so lame!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:35 PM   #87  

I'm having issues w/ the satelite dish company. We recently switched from cable tv and I know that there's more to life than whether or not your tv works right, but tell that to DH. Not only does the tv need to work right but the ground shaking surround sound needs to work right. Ours doesn't. It did for a little while before we lost the satellite signal for the first time. Then the surround sound quit. Then the picture quit on the high def big monster tv. Then only part of the channels worked on Grandpa Jim's tv, and no picture on DD's tv. Then I discovered they had given us the wrong channel package, but they said they can't change it because I didn't inform them within the first 3 days. Even though the system has never worked right since day one.I want my cable tv back. Now it will cost me $250 to cancel satellite service. Why did I stray from cable tv???? And their customer service ppl are rude, rude, rude!

I'm over being all happy. One day here did it.

I watched part of the grammys. Even though I generally loooove Canadians, I can't watch Mz. Anorexia Celine sing. Her voice is beautiful, but puhleez. The woman is in love with herself. I'm also not into the green Indians. The Indians we have around here are more earth colored.

DS got a tatoo while I was gone. I tell him I gave him a perfectly good body and he's marking it all up. He'll be sorry when he's old and wrinkly. Thank G he's not into piercing. ick. I think the age of consent should be 35 with a permission slip from your mother.

Painty, we like that niceness thing you've got going. I, too, am cursed with the niceness. I'm working on it. The problem is, I've noticed that when I try the demanding, grumpy method, it just isn't effective for me. It's like ppl know I'm just faking it and they don't take it seriously. I'm like the chihuahua we have that barks like a big dog, but ppl just chuckle when he does. He doesn't scare anybody. Me either. I don't scare anybody.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:37 PM   #88  

Cherry, Bruce Cockburn is performing here later in the month. Come visit and I'll buy us tickets.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:57 AM   #89  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

celine dion is a homely face with a big voice---she is an emaciated body with cadaver hair-----------she is the WORST dancer in the world----------------I like some of her songs,but the way she twists up her face looks like Oprah's "ugly cry"-----------speaking of Oprah--------------WHY IN GOD'S NAME DOES SHE ALLOW HERSELF TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED AND FILMED WITH NO MAKEUP AT THE CRACK OF DAWN????????? I DON'T CARE HOW DOWN TO EARTH THAT MAKES HER------I DON'T NEED TO SEE THAT!!!!------ i can hardly look at myself, and i am almost used to me.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:19 AM   #90  
The magic shrinking cow

I'm fat.

No, really, I'm fat. I've been fat for four years now. I think it's permanent.

Just thought I would share that.

So, since my dad has lost 46 pounds doing low-carb, I've decided I'm going to go low-carb as well. Forget that "fad diets don't work" nonsense. Neither does eating sensibly and exercising vigorously on an almost-daily basis.

Baggzzi, I wish I could go see Bruce Cockburn. Sigh.

Wabby, sorry about DS's tattoo.

Painty, welcome back!

I have a new, supersecret non-diet journal if anyone in the herd wants to see it. PM me with a username and password you want to use to access it and I'll let you in. I also have a blog of my novel in progress that I will eventually share, but not yet. If all you want to do is follow my adventures in desperate ketosis, it'll all be detailed in my regular weight-loss journal.
Closed Thread