Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 06:24 PM   #106  

Default Yippeee!!!

So great to reconnect. I have to say it has been so supportive to have you guys remember me from the time I went MIA.

Cyan, the iron level is currently a mystery, which I think I have recently solved on my own in the past few months. Dr's asked a lot of questions and did some tests, but what it comes down to is that I think I am having 2 full menstrual cycles per month--YIKES!! I never really had that before because I was using the pill--Diane was the name. My sister sent me a lot of damaging research on Diane and although it was working for me the health risks totally spooked me and so I went off it and decided to go Birth Control Pill free and use alternate methods of Birth Control. Since going off the Pill my periods hadn't totally stabilized. After the Dr. asked me about heavy periods, I had said no. But when I sat down and calculated things I now realize that I have had about 2 period cycles every 30 days. They last a short period of time and are not heavy but not light. I think I have been losing a lot of blood and therefore a lot of vitamins and nutrients. I realized this just a few days ago ironically when I decided that I was running out of Pads awfully fast and calculated it all out. Not sure what to do about it yet or how to resolve what is happening to my system as I have been off of the pill for about 7 months now and it has not yet normalized. I think what I will do is make a trip back to the Doctor's.

The result is that I am getting sick a lot. I am tired a lot. I have no energy to exercise or even get up early in the morning and when I force myself to I am not 100% there. I am irritable a lot because I am tired and really want to do the activities but feel like I can't. I am not as hungry but also not awake or exercising as much so I have not really gained weight but lost tone. The iron tablets make me feel nauseous so I have to convince myself each day to take them and frankly sometimes it is a losing battle because my stomach gets just too upset. Right now I am just focussed on getting over this flu/cold and getting caught up on the work I have been falling behind on.

So back to the Doctor's it is. I also have to say that my nutrition hasn't been tops because I don't have the energy to cook or shop for the healthier things. One good thing though is that I just moved to a new office area where we have a salad/sandwich bar so I order spinach salad (which is available every day!) for lunch or a grilled veggie and hummous sandwich on wholewhat pita. So I am at least getting one healthy meal per day. I end up eating a lot of canned soups for dinner because they are quick as well as pasta--not much preparing. I have been finding the steamed soy beans good because they require no work at all other than putting them in a steaming pot. Rice is the same.

When I went skiing for the week I was great. My fiance dragged me out of bed each morning earlier than I wanted to and I was miserable on the slopes for the first hour but once the adrenaline was pumping I was good for the day--so I know it is achievable. I also know that because we were on vacation I took my iron each day and also ate a lot of steak and lean red meat which gives me an instant boost.

PHEW THAT WAS A LOT OF WORDS!

Cyan, congratulations for sticking to the supports. I have to say that you have always been on my mind as you have been a good support network for everyone and constantly. You should be very proud of yourself for all of your hard work and perserverance--and like you said it shows because you are healthier than ever before!!! I admire you for the dedication you show to helping your mom daily as well as caregiving even for a loved one can take its toll on our physical and mental health at times--that is very normal.

Debee, you have a great plan with a lot of things that motivate you that are similar to mine. I love the part about wearing your "skinny pants" so that you will know when you have gained weight. I do that often and it does help me when I realize I am having trouble breathing in them. You have enough energy to carry you and I both!!! I can feed off of that energy of yours and I thank you for that. I also am shorter--which is why I asked your height. I am 5 feet 4 inches and weight about 140 ish give or take the time of the month. I carry all of my weight on my hips and thighs as well but now I am starting to lose my tone in my belly and it is putting on the fat. That started happening in my early thirties. I feel the best at about 125 as well and I know I am healthiest at that weight as physically I can do a lot more. Perhaps we can goal weight to success together!! I tend to lose the first 5 pounds fairly quickly with basic habitual changes --ie. reduce sugar and cream in coffee, cut back on sugared drinks and weekend occasional glasses of wine to 1/2 a glass and beer to light beer, cut out junk food as much as I can and ensure regular exercise. The remaining 10 pounds I tend to lose with vigorous regular exercise and a vigorous diet caloric reduction. I find it hard to stick to that regimen for a long period of time so I am looking for a lifestyle change that is attainable and perhaps a happy medium.

Miki, Lisa, Newee and Betty---look forward to talking to you all and us supporting one another.

Lobocal, Reina and Deena--come back too!! there is support and no shame to be had (I was worried about feeling ashamed and quickly realized there is no need to be--we are all human!).

As for the engagement we are not sure when we are getting married or how. My fiance is a truly adventurous guy and would like an unusual and adventurous wedding. We are up for suggestions and are looking to wait at least a year or so while our work situations get on track. Here are some of the things we both like to do--and no they are not made up!! (when I am not so tired--looking forward to getting back into those things).

1. flying--we have bought into a small power plane (shares) and my fiance has his pilot's liscence as a hobby. We also own a glider (plane with no engine). I hope to get my liscence some day.

2. Rock climbing--in spring/summer/fall we like to rock climb outdoors and in the winter we will at times go indoors although we did not this winter.

3. Scuba diving--we both have our advanced certification liscences and have done about 50 or so dives in total.

4. Kayaking--we both own our own whitewater kayaks and kayak in summertime.

5. Canoeing--we love to canoe camp.

6. Backpacking-we have full backpacking gear and go at least 2x per summer/fall.

7. Skiing downhill--my fiance has been skiing since age 4. I just learned last year but we have just started doing some winter trips.

8. Camping/Hiking--we love camping and hiking a lot.

9. Swimming--a passion of mine is to swim (he hates it). It is like meditation for me and I usually swim throughout the winter to keep myself in shape although I haven't this winter (because I have been unwell). I used to swim 2-3 times per week at 1hr each time.

10. Team sports--I enjoy team sports like baseball and volleyball but my fiance is not a fan of them. I plan to join a co-ed baseball league this year but I have to vow not to drink beer after games because that is kind of counterproductive.

Here are some sports I want to try/learn:

Mountain Biking--I haven't rode a bike since I was about 10
Running--I hate running whenever I try it but I think I might like it if I didn't give up right away and let myself progress slowly.
Tennis (I found someone at work willing to teach me and we have tennis courts nearby--spring here I come!)
Squash--never understood that game and would like to learn it
Golf?? Not sure yet if I am interested but will have to give it a try

Gotta go,

Cjunk

HAPPY ST.PADDIES DAY TO EVERYONE!!
Old 03-17-2004, 11:47 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey Everyone!!

Cjunk it sounds like y'all definitely like to do active things! I'm impressed. I'm so sorry to hear about your iron. That definitely isn't fun. Hopefully you can get it regulated soon. I would definitely let the Dr. know you are having 2 periods a month, he may be able to help you figure out something to stop that. Keep us posted.

Debee...welcome back...you are right it is the whole old crew getting back together which is nice. Miki, How is the spring break going? Mine is going really well...I've spent time with the family. I've gotten some Spring cleaning done and I'm tackling the yard tomorrow. Yay!! I want to plant flowers out front and then just clean up all the old pinestraw and such. Then this weekend I'm going to go visit some more with the family up in the mountains.

Cyan--Congratulations on the 7lb LOSS!!!! I'm impressed! I did keep up my exercise this last weekend. Actually I didn't get exercise in on Monday, but other than that, and only 30 minutes yester, but I've done fairly well I think considering it's Spring break. I got my full hour today in. I cycled for about 30 minutes (5+ miles) then lifted weights. Thank you for sharing the story about the girl in the waiting room. You are right obesity is definitely something to not take lightly. I'm determined not to let it become a major problem here...we just all have to remember to schedule time for ourselves to work out each and every day.

Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!! I've not quite gotten down to where I want to be weight wise. Debee and Cjunk...I'm almost the same height as the two of you...and my goal is about 130 or 125. And yes, I'm also Pear shaped. We definitely can all hang in there and offer up encouragment where possible.

Well...I'm off to bed...have a great night all....

Betty
Old 03-18-2004, 07:35 AM   #108  

Default Getting There

Good Morning! I am feeling a little bit better today physically. A lot of the flu symptoms are gone and now it is just a cold. Went to work yesterday but scheduled no appointments and was pretty bored because I am used to doing a lot more. I have an early appointment this morning and looking forward to it!

Lobocal, great to hear from you!! I am jealous that you are on Spring Break right now. We have what's called March Break here in Canada and although it is this week, I work at a children's centre which means that the place I work at is the place they come to for March Break! It's been hard because with the virus I wasn't able to participate with the kids. It has snowed here a lot in Ontario for the past few days and hasn't really felt like Spring yet but I am looking forward to the flowers here!! I hope you have a great time in the mountains with family. I am happy for a network of supports.

Debee mentioned that she was getting out her skinny pants and putting them on as an incentive and she will be happy to know that she inspired me to put mine on today (fat bulges over the waistline and all--yuck!), and they are definitely going to encourage me to eat less!! Thanks Debee!!!

Lobocal I think right now I am the heaviest weight I have been yet which is about 142--this is personally for me a high weight because as you have ready I have been physically unwell and I feel that this size/health may be a contributor. I do best at 125-128 and I would say that I would be ecstatic at 128. Right now I am wearing size 10/11 clothes and at 128 I wear a size 7--Big Difference!! Also means an expensive wardrobe. I haven't thrown anything out for a while because I keep buying different sizes--especially pants and bras!! I gain weight in my butt and chest which looks a bit balanced but also looks a bit "rounder." I would say that at 128 I am a B cup with a size medium shirt and size 7/8 pant and at 142 I am a D or C cup with size large/extra large shirt and size 10/11 pant. It ticks me off that there are less and less stylish clothes the larger I grow. Don't they know that the average woman wears up to a size 14 or more?? Isn't that what Marilyn Monroe was?? The hardest part is that my fiance is very tiny. He weighs about 125 (I can't fit into his pants!) and he is very hyperactive as well, which means he eats whatever junk food he wants whenever he wants. He is not health conscious and therefore big buckets of ice cream sit in my freezer--torture!!!

I guess you can say that the chatty one is back!!! Feels good to spill my guts out and it helps me to regain a positive attitude which I have somewhat lost.

Talk to you all soon,

Cjunk
Old 03-18-2004, 09:19 AM   #109  

Good morning CJunk, I'm so glad that you are feeling a bit better this morning. Hopefully the cold will let go of you soon too. I can only imagine how busy things must be up there with all the extra children at the child care center for "March Break." I teach High School so most of my students have either headed to the beach or other various locations, but there are still many in the neighborhood.
As far as what we usually weigh, I have almost always weighed from 130-135...occasionally I get down into the high 120s and love it when I manage that, but I have to be on top of my game to manage that and maintain it. My high was 150. ARGH! I am about in the high 130s low 140s right now and I wear a size 8. When I get down into the mid 130s to high 120s I wear a size 4 or 6. Size 10s are my all time high. Thankfully I left the 10s behind a couple of months ago. I still *can* wear them if I choose, but they are really loose now. Yay!!

Anyway...I hope that you have a wonderful day. I've made my "To DO" list already this morning so I think I'm going to throw on some yard clothes and get to it!! Talk to you soon!!

Betty
Old 03-18-2004, 09:45 AM   #110  
I will make it!

Default Hello Ladies!

Its so nice to check in here and see all this wonderful enthusiasm and what a wonderful group of motivated, never give up kinda gals we are...I say...kuddos to us.

Cjunk...we love chatter...keep chatting...puts a smile on my face. You know, I stopped taking the birth control pill last julywhich makes it about 7 months for me too...but I have the exact opposite problem...I dont get a regualr period now...my last one was in january..I think...and when I do get them, they are kinds sparse...so I will be making an appointment with my gynocologist to see whats up...although I know I will have to go for blood tests ...and I am needle phobic...oh the thought...but I gotta do it, its been 3 years since my last blood test...so its time again. My gyno advised me not to stop taking the pill cause she thought I would put weight on and all my previous pms symptoms would come roaring back...no pms...hey no period...yikes

Thank you Lobacal ...I am looking forward to weighing again this monday...I am sure I will lose but I dont think it will be another 7pounds! Anyway, good on you for exercising...I plan on cycling tonight my usual amount of kilometers...which vary between 6 and 10 km...we shall see if the music is good tonight.

Hey Debee...love those skinny pants idea...just a sutle reminder to reign it in...great idea. sounds to me like you have your plan of attack...so I am sure you will reach your goal.

breakfast this morning was a boiled egg, water and a cup of coffee
lunch will be turkey deli meat and mushroom salad, sugarless yogurt
snack will be cheese
dinner is chicken breast kebab style with tatziki and portobello mushrooms

thats it folks, have a great OP Day

Cyan
Old 03-19-2004, 08:10 AM   #111  

Default Morning All!

Yet another day of feeling a lot better. Still some mild cold symptoms but otherwise okay. Got a date to meet a friend at the gym tonight for the first time in weeks! Looking forward to it as I definitely need to kick my metabolism back into action. Also took my iron and b12 supplements too which is hard for me to stay on track with.

Lobocal, I have always been interested in teaching and might someday switch over!! A lot of the kids I counsel are kids who are high school age. Believe it or not they have still been meeting with me this week even though they have no school--which I take as a complement. I love working with teens and find their observations very refreshing. I am interested to hear what the "top of your game" is when you are at your lowest weight. What strategies work for you??? I am determined to have a lifestyle change as opposed to a diet as I just put the weight back on if I do.

Cyan, thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes --actually a lot of the time I feel like I talk too much and it may take away from or irritate others. I worry about that really. I do know that I can talk a lot but for me it helps. Funny you went off the pill and I never used to have bad PMS or weight gain and frequent periods and I have them all!! Kind of like a role reversal!! I feel relieved that I don't have all of those chemicals to worry about pumping through my system now though. It is good to go get it checked out. Perhaps set up a reward/treat for yourself for going! That is always a motivator for me. I think it is great how you can stick to things so well and exercise so regularly. I am hoping soon that my entries will start sounding more like yours. I know mine used to sound like that so I can't wait to honestly be back in the game again. Going to the gym today so I am getting there!!

Debee, the skinny pants worked yesterday. Looked great in them--because no one could see the rolls popping over (wore a baggy shirt) and gave me incentive to have soup and spinach salad for dinner instead of junk. Also drank more fluids yesterday. Gotta admit that at the end of the day that top button was popped open by me so I could breathe again!

Gotta get ready for work. TGIF!!

Cjunk
Old 03-19-2004, 09:14 AM   #112  
I will make it!

Talking Yay its Friday

Hello ladies...day 12 on the southbeach...I am dreaming about carbs...guess what I did this morning...I had two slices of whole wheat bread I couldnt eat the egg this morning...just wasnt going to happen...so I had two slices of whole wheat with a tablespoon of low fat peanut buttter...oh the thrill...I plugged that in to fitday and I am still ok with the carbs... I plan on checking out low carb breads this weekend to see how low those carbs are..cause right now a slice of whole wheat has 10 carbs! Anyway..lunch will be chicken with mushrooms , dinner will be tuna with celery and spinach. snacks include sugarless jello and sugarless yogurt. with lots of water
I am enjoying my cup of coffee right now.

I exercised ...cycled last night for 6.5km...it felt good. Tonight I plan on doing another cycle session and some calithetics.

Hey Cjunk...well I never tire of reading your posts...they are fabulous and very encouraging to me. Ditto to everybody that posts here...It helps a whole lot to know that you guys exist. Hugs to everyone. Good to hear that you are heading off to the gym tonight and that you are feeling better...hang in there.

Hey Lobacal...how did that yard work go? So what kind of exercise do you have planned for today?

Hey Miki...Newie...Debee...Lisa...Rheina...and everybody else...where are you? Get back in here and post post post...I miss you.

Ok ...have a great weekend and stay OP...big news for me will be monday morning when I weigh in again....I hope to have lost 3 to 4 pounds ...that would be amazing.

take care

Cyan
Old 03-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #113  

Good morning Cjunk and Cyan,

Yay it's Friday!!! I did manage to get my yard work done yesterday. I raked the entire front yard....it took me about 3 hours to accomplish everything, but all the pinestraw is transplanted to it's "proper" locations and today's goal is to finish cleaning the house and to hit the gym. My arms definitely felt the work out from yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling them...so I took some ibuprofen and that seems to have fixed the problem. Yay....and they survived the yard work with only one blister. I'm really pleased about that.

Cyan--it sounds like you are continuing to do well on your diet, that's awesome!! Do let us know how the weigh in goes. And your cycling sounds like it is continuing to go well too. I definitely understand about "having to have carbs". It sounds like you were reasonable with what you ate so I am sure you will be fine.

Cjunk--as far as what my "top of my game" is, it's been a while since I've been there, but essentially it was doing at least an hour of cardio every day, lifting weights 3x a week, and cutting way back on the junkfood. For instance I would let myself have one special treat a week. I didn't eat after 7 or 8 in the evenings at all. I think that helped b/c evenings are usually when I binge if I am going to. Currently I'm hoping to train for a triathlon. I've been cycling a LOT...I need to start running and swimming more to get in shape for tri-season. I've never competed in one, but I'm convinced preparing for that will get me closer to my goals or so I hope.

Y'all... I seem to have hit a plateau with my weight and I'm frustrated by that. I was talking to one of my friends last night about it. The comment I received was "just work out more if you need to, but don't you dare diet!!" So...I suppose I will be working out more, I mentioned to my friend I may cut out some of the less healthy foods from my diet and of course the response I received was, "you shouldn't be eating unhealthy to begin with." So I figure it's cool to cut out the unhealthy stuff....I'm working hard to get my 64 oz of water in too... I know that's not going to be easy to maintain when we go back to school next week, but I'm going to try...anything is possible right?

Cjunk...I think that is incredible that the kids that you counsel have continued to come to see you even though they are on break. That definitely speaks highly of what they think of you! I'm impressed. I've heard from my debaters over break, but that's it. That definitely is okay though, I think we are all going to be ready for Summer when it gets here. I would have to say teaching school is the hardest job I've ever had, but the most rewarding.

Well....let me get moving, if I'm going to clean house today, I had better get started otherwise it simply isn't going to happen.

I hope you both have a wonderful day...and I will talk to you later.

Betty
Old 03-19-2004, 01:49 PM   #114  

WOW!!!!!!! It's hoppin in here!! I've only been gone 4 days I think but man, was I behind on reading posts!!

Debee, I was worried about you! Glad to see you back with us. Miss you.

Cjunk, It has been forever! Welcome back!!!

Newie, Cyan, Betty, sounds like you all are going strong with new plans.

I'm so excited that Spring is here and we're all getting back on track. Spring Break for me this week too so only have a min to post. The kids are keeping me busy. Luke and I are about to go to Subway for lunch.

I'm happy to report that I have walked 2 1/2 miles every day since Monday. Gotta work back up to the 4 I was doing before winter, but I'm feeling much better already. My lowest weight before Christmas was 189...I am at 195 now but I think I'm going to move that scale soon. DOWN, I mean

By the way, I'm not short like the rest of you...I am 5 ft 71/2. I want to lose about 40 more.

Well, Luke is dying of starvation so I better go. I'll post more when I can.

Keep it up ladies...you're all inspiring me to keep going too!!

MIKI
Old 03-19-2004, 10:58 PM   #115  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everybody! Welcome, cjunk! Glad to have you back. I've been in the group since May 2003. I'm 47 years old, 5'4" with a rather sturdy frame. My highest weight has been 200 lbs., when 9 months pregnant with my second daughter, and my lowest weight was 122 lbs.--in 1988--that weight is really too low for me. I would probably be better at 135. Right now I am in the high 150's--I worked Atkins last summer and lost about 13 lbs.--was 170 when I joined the group. I found Atkins difficult to stick with, though it worked for me, because I get sick when eating eggs, and I get tired of meat. Right now I am struggling with food. Both my husband and I changed jobs this winter, and the transition was not easy for us. I quit my previous job on a bad note, and my husband was let go from his position. He was off for 4 months, while I immediately got a sub teaching job that has turned into a permanent teaching position. Though things are turning out good for us, we've had a lot of stress the past few months. I am readjusting to teaching after 15 years away from the classroom--I teach 5th grade. Formerly I taught high school, and the recent job I quit was in a teachers' store--boss treated her employees, including me, very badly. I am working long hours grading papers and planning lessons, as well as trying to keep up with a husband and two daughters (13 and 9, who go to the school where I teach). I tend to eat when I am tired, so I've been struggling with that this winter. Anyway, I don't give up, even during bad periods of time. My exercise of choice is outdoor walking, but I haven't done it much lately, due to winter and working from 7:30 to about 4 each day. I miss it terribly. It does me a lot of good. I could walk indoors, but I hate the treadmill, and I don't keep up with an exercise I don't like. Anyway, I keep coming back and keep trying. Glad to meet you.

Cyan, you are doing so great! I am very proud of your accomplishment in losing the 7 pounds. Keep up the good work! Maybe your discipline will rub off on me. I do have to find some variety of protein for myself with my egg issue---darn, darn, darn the stomach ache I get when I eat them! I even tried Beano, and it didn't make a bit of difference--I was still sick for 3 hours!

Welcome back, debee! Glad to hear from you again.

Miki, how are things? I know you have an incredibly hectic schedule. Take care of yourself.

Well, I'm going to get going. I am feeling ambitious about the weekend. My house is a disaster. Hubby has a toothache, and the dental appointments take time to get. He was there yesterday, got an x-ray, antibiotics, and pain medication, and will go back Monday. It looks like root canal and replacing a crown he's had for years, or worse. Of course, this couldn't have happened after his new insurance started--after May 23! So that's something else we'll have to pay for, now that the car repairs are all done. Ah, life! As my mother-in-law says, "Who has more fun than people?"

I'm really going now--got to get the cat out of a box of teaching supplies!! What can she want in there?
Old 03-20-2004, 12:29 AM   #116  

Default I felt the vibe to get my butt back in here!!!!

HELLOOOOO LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, have I missed you guys!! It has been a while and I do have to blame life for this one. With school and work, and Alex keeping me busy, I don't have a moment for myself....

Let me start out by saying I have truly missed you all and without all your great support in the past, I would have never got where I was. Needless to say, I fell off the wagon the last half of the year, but this year, I have really tried to get back on the saddle again. The usual up and down rollercoaster. I just wish I had the lifestyle to keep me going. It just doesn't work out that way. I am however, in my 2nd week of Atkins Phase 1 again. I love this phase because it does jumpstart me into the diet mode that I need to get in.
But to be honest I vowed I can't weigh more than what I weighed last year on my birthday, which is right around the corner. So I am 6.5 lbs away from that goal....If all goes well, I will be at 189.5 on my birthday, and to most of you, if you remember. That will have 1. broken my plataeau of the 190's and 2. I will have beat my weight by .5lbs...And nothing can make me happier on my Birthday......

Cyan, Congrats on the 7lbs in the first week. I am very happy for you. I remember the struggles we all had with just getting down the 1-2lbs per week during our weigh-ins...Boy I do miss those. They made me accountable for my actions!!!!

Debee, I hope you and the family are doing great. I miss you and think about you all often! I still have your pics on my fridge! Got any new ones. I have a new address, email me if you want it. [email protected].

Lisa, Hope you are doing well, you should be ready for that baby pretty soon, right?

Newie! How have you been dealing with the crazy Chicago weather? I can't wait for spring. All this blah weather makes me want to eat! That's my excuse and I was sticking to it.

CJUNK, I had to look twice when I saw your post. It has been ages.. Congrats on the engagement!

Betty, How are you doing? What plan are you following..

I really hope I can get in here nightly. My husband has taken over my DSL line, so I barely get a moment on the computer at home, and at work, forget it. Security is so darn tight there, I can't even search something on Yahoo!

I will try to really get my butt back in here, boy do I need it.
Has anyone read the Dr. Phil book, I just got it in the mail and the first 2 chapters are amazing! I would love someone's opinion if you read it.

I will leave you with my Daily To do's
1. Drink 32oz of water at work
2. Drink 32oz of water from the time I get home to before I go to bed
3. Learn to eat another carbless item in the day
4. Do not get on an elevator during business hours. THAT'S WHAT STAIRS ARE FOR!
5. Do not give in to the evil Carb Delight Devil on my left shoulder.... I am 6.5 lbs away from a major achievement with 9 days left!

Well, ladies, I hope to talk to you all soon, it was great to write. If you would like to email me, please do.
Take care and think Thin!

Which reminds me. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, MIKI!! Hope you had a great one.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:08 AM   #117  

Reina!!! Welcome back!! I had forgotten our birthdays are close...I had mine on the 9th. Happy Birthday in advance in case I happen to miss posting on the actual day. My birthday wish for you is for you to make your bday goal. How is school? Did you ever finish that blasted math course?? I dont envy you with college math when I have trouble at times helping my 8th grader with his.

On my way to walk...sis is on her way...so better get going. Just wanted to pop in for a sec and wish everyone a wonderful weekend. It's 8 in the morning and 70 degrees F and sunny...great for walking! Got a ton of kids coming over tonite for an "end of spring break" get-together so I was praying for nice weather so it can mainly be an outdoor gathering.

Bye for now....I'll post more later.

MIKI
Old 03-21-2004, 02:32 PM   #118  
Blooming Day by Day

Wow! What a lot of great posts the last few days! And I have to say that everyone's positive attitude toward low carb eating is inspiring me to not give up, even though I am struggling and even though I was successful with it last summer. I just went grocery shopping, and I made sure I had certain low carb items that will give my diet variety--some nuts, a low-carb salad dressing, plenty of low carb veggies, and a General Foods International Coffee Sugar Free/Fat Free French Vanilla--which will satisfy my craving for something sweet without a lot of carbs. I find the Phase 1 of either Atkins or South Beach very hard for me--I can't completely give up dairy, fruit, and grains for two weeks. With my egg issue, my diet would just be too limited, and it would drive me crazy. What I am doing is allowing myself 2 slices of whole wheat bread at breakfast, and no other bread the rest of the day. I will allow myself 5 water crackers at lunch, and 2/3 cup of Fiber One cereal with skim milk in the evening. I get constipated easily and must eat fiber regularly. I will not eat rice, potatoes, pasta, or dessert for the time being, nor any other item made with flour. I will restrict myself to one piece of fruit and one glass of skim milk a day. I may eat cheese, including cottage cheese. I will eat lots of salad and plenty of lean protein. I will avoid breading on any meat or vegetable. I will allow myself to eat carrots in moderation, despite their high carb content (as far as veggies go) because they are my favorite veggie, and it's just too hard for me to give them up. I don't know if I'll be able to lose on this regimen, but I will keep everyone posted (no pun intended). I will try to post often and let everyone know what I am eating--Cyan, I like how you tell us what you are eating every day. I don't know if I can be as faithful as you, but I'll try.

Hi, reina_mia! I know what you mean about this Chicago weather. I'm planning to make a bulletin board in my classroom this week about spring in Chicago--it's going to say, "Spring in Chicago--Always Something New Happening!" And then I'm going to make cut-outs of raindrops, snowflakes, suns, and clouds that look like wind is coming out of them to put on the board. It is so unbelievable--you can start the day, have it be warm and sunny, then a couple of hours later it's windy and warm, then a few hours after that it's cloudy, windy, and cold with snow. Yesterday for a couple of hours I just wore a sweatshirt--no coat. Today during the lake snow showers, I was wishing I had a scarf, gloves, and hat to go with my coat! Miki, we'd love to have some of that 70 degree weather you've got down in Arkansas. Send a little up here, please!!?? Well, I'm off, got to get some jeans out of the dryer, do a few other things, and then take a nap before beginning to grade papers. No school tomorrow--teachers' conference--so I won't have to do lesson plans till Monday night. Maybe I can make a dent in the big stack of papers I have. Bye for now, all!
Old 03-21-2004, 08:02 PM   #119  
I will make it!

Default Hey Ladies

Its sunday night and I am posting on fitday what I ate today...doing pretty well at 1363 despite going to a buffet...I had roast beef with no gravy, pork tenderloin and smoked meat with steamed broccoli, and bok choy..a chinese vegetable...jello for dessert with water...brunch was egg substitute with canadian bacon low fat cream cheese and low carb bread!!! wooooohooooo I found some here in montreal...anyway...tomorrow is my big weigh in...I hope to lose at least two more pounds if not three...I would be thrilled with four but I know by body loves to hold on to it mass

Anyway, its great to see everyone in here posting away.

Reina ...welcome back..good to have you on board..I know what you mean about falling off the wagon...I lost sight of my wagon...so I decided to get aboard a new wagon and start all over again with the southbeach diet..so far so good.

Newie..I know what you mean about phase 1 being hard...I cant wait to start having all bran cereal tomorrow morning...I am pretty tired of eggs..yeesh...and at first I found having meat with every meal rather hard...but its getting easier. I too love carrots but have been very good about not having them...for me its the fruits...I love them so much so tomorrow I have a cup of wild berries for dessert..boy I can't wait.

Well I be back tomorrow morning to post my weight

breakfast tomorrow will be a serving of all bran cereal with skim milk

lunch is 6oz of tuna with celery

snacks will be cheese and wild berries

dinner will be scallops about 6 or maybe 8 oz with spinach and black olives.

and of course a diet soda, tea my usual cup of coffee sweetened with stevia and water.

thats it folks

Have a great rest of weekend

Cyan
Old 03-22-2004, 08:23 AM   #120  

Default Great Weekend??

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend. Lot a lot of time to post individually to everyone as I am running a bit later this morning than usual. Tried to post on the weekend and spent almost a half an hour posting and my computer hung and I lost it all before sending. I will have to re-write it when I have a bit more time tonight if I can.

Friday was great--went to the gym and worked out 1/2 hour on steep incline treadmill and also did abs and arms workout for 1/2 hour afterwards. Went out for Vietnamese food after that and enjoyed a shrimp and broccoli meal (very healthy one at that).

Have plans to go to the gym again today for lunch. Promising myself I will go this time as I often back out of daytime workouts--laziness the only excuse as the gym is only 5 mins. from my work.

My fiance is still sick with the flu/cold I passed on to him after me so I have been taking care of him now (he took good care of me too!). He wasn't hungry this morning and neither was I but we made each other eat breakfast together. Feeling much better now that I did.

Gotta Run!!

Keep up the positive attitudes today and I will connect with you all later!!

By the way REINA-MIA---Welcome back!!!
Closed Thread