Old 03-17-2004, 07:42 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #59

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #59

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:47 AM   #2  

FAITH AND BEGORA IT IS WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. How can we help you with a problem?

Ok, ok, enough of the hokey Irish stuff. I am not even a teeny weeny bit Irish. Lots of German no Irish!

Anna: You have NOT ruined it for all of us. If you do not follow a regular plan and basically just do the 2 pts all the time than if you are behaving yourself that is all that is important, right?

I will check in with all you other sleepyheads later!

Faye
Old 03-17-2004, 07:56 AM   #3  

Morning beautifuls!

Woke up this morning to a blizzard! Well, ok, it's not really a blizzard.....we're only supposed to get 2 inches. But yesterday I could see the lawn !!! So, even though the school's are not cancelled, I decided to keep the kids home anyway. We haven't had a single snow day this winter! And I think we all deserve a break.

Anyway, once again the water eludes me. 3 points for yesterday. I did drink water, just got so caught up in the billions of projects I have to do NOW that I forgot to keep drinking. I'll get it in there today, though, promise. Don't want to kill the mission for the week. Just have to get the next 5 days in a row.

Carrie, I want to know what you're doing for your program....you have been losing really steadily all along and as far as I can tell, you haven't hit any major plateaus. I think you said you were doing WW?? I'm getting really frustrated at losing 3-5 pounds and then sticking at that number for WEEKS! I just want to keep seeing progress. I've found that I don't have the time for BFL properly right now. I'm still exercising before I eat in the morning....and still doing some weights. But I've got a MAJOR dance production that I'm in charge of coming up May 15th. So, I'm swamped with costuming, choreography and rehearsals.

Speaking of which, better get back to work!

Faye, I'll keep my mouth shut today. Susan, have fun on your mystery trip!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:12 AM   #4  
It is what it is...

Top of the Morning to Ya

Hello Everyone, Happy St Patricks Day! I would put the Patty's day smiley in but mine are not working for some reason...so anyhow, enjoy it and have a great day...I was supposed to wear green to work and I have nothing, really no green, I found that odd, but I am not real fond of the color except at Christmas...

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise to cold and windy out, highs in the upper 30's...BUT that is no excuse I have exercise DVDs I could have done, so I was just lazy, ha...I do not have really any Weds Woes except that I am going to get my TOM today or tomorrow ( so probably will not be weighing in on Friday, huh? ) ... and you know that is WOE enough...

Julie - Yes, I follow the WW points system, not the new flex points but the old winning points system...I find that it keeps me eating just the right amount of food to lose weight, I have a tendency to under eat when I am dieting and then I dont lose as well. I also never cheat, not even on the weekends...I think I have cheated once in the last month and a half...so I think that has a lot to do with it, I would highly recommend the program and I just do it from home I no longer go to the meetings. You can actually sign up on line, pay the initial fee, and they will send you the things you need to do it from home...let me know if you have any other questions... You exercise alot more than I do so you are probably gaining muscle ( where I am not ) and therefore not seeing a huge loss....I think you are doing a great job...

Faye, Susan, Anna, Joy, Amanda, Judy, and everyone else, have a good one

Later,
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:43 AM   #5  

Carri: Mine quit working yesterday so I guess we only got to see him for one day! You are doing a great job, but do those tapes today or something to give your body some exercise. for you today!

Julie, Julie, Julie: Girlfriend, the easiest of the three and you pooped out! Ok, now I want to see this today: (and not filled with coffee either! )

Amanda: How is Nigel's mom?
Sandy G How is your mom if you peek in let me know by e-mail if you can

I heard the eastcoast was getting dumped on and sounds like you, Carri, got it too, did you say you live towards Evansville or at least south of Indy? Saw also they got that Ohio creep shooting at people and have one weapon of his matched to the shooting where the elderly lady died. Thank goodness!

Me, I am sitting hog happy because it is going to be 70 here today.

Ok, I am doing a middle of the week poll for the cowardly thread administrator:

I have a rodent phobia, mostly mice and rats and it is so bad I can't even watch Stuart Little because he looks too REAL! Anyway, I went out in my jammies to put out a piece of mail (our mailbox is on our garage and the garages face the street, in other words you go into the condo from the back). Well, right out in the middle of the street right in my eyesight everytime I go out is a roadkill big huge RAT!!!! My fat little legs whooshed me right back into the house, probably giving the neighbors a view of my tush I went so fast! The poll:

Should I get up my guts and take something and pick it up and put it in the garbage (don't know if I can do this one!)

Should I try and pretend it is not there when going to get the mail? (this one could be hard too!)

Should I take out a paper bag and put over it so I won't see it though I will still know it is there (NOPE NOT EASY EITHER)

So, now everyone get a huge over it and tell me which you would do if you were freaked out by the d*#$@ thing!

Faye
Old 03-17-2004, 09:15 AM   #6  
It is what it is...

Faye, I am actually just a little north of Indy in Carmel....

Rodent problem...if you leave it there no one may pick it up and it will just rot and decay and you will have to look at it for a long time... I say do what I would do, wait till dh gets home and make him pick it up
Old 03-17-2004, 09:22 AM   #7  
I Can and I Will

Morning Beautifuls!!! 4 point day yesterday... Started at Curves asnd i LOVE it... worked my A$$ off yesterday...lol am going back today as well... i want o go 5 times a week... that way i can do other stuff on the weekends... We got a puppy yesterday... shes a beagel poodle mix... altho i see no poodle...lol! Shes 4 months old and really sweet. she was realy good alst night too... slept with me all night... no accidents... altho her and the cat are having a time..lol and time is all i can give them to get used to each other... she just wants to be friends... Salem wants NOTHING to do with her...LMAO.. its pretty funny really...
Faye... cant u call the condo association and have them remove it?? Or someone... i wouldnt go near it either...
Julie... when i find i am not getting my h2o in... i try drinking 2 glasses right away in the morning... that way u have a head start... it helps me out immensley...just a thought for u...
Everyone else... i hope all is well with u and yours... have a happy and healthy day... TAKE CARE OF U

Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 09:41 AM   #8  

Ok, it has gotten worse so now I am MAD! I went out to see if someone has been nice enough to clean it up and another one LIVE came out of my garage and went under the fence. Now I AM calling the association and having them come and set bait or whatever and I am keeping the dog in the house and taking him out the front for walks to go to the bathroom so the stuff won't kill him. This is really making me mad as it is two things, our creepy neighbors and their brat kids throw food onto our deck so I am sure they do it elsewhere and the old ladies that live here feed the nasty birds which draws rats too and they have been told to stop it because it does. I am not waiting though. I am going out tonight and buying like decon for rats or somehthing. I am not cleaning out TRAPS! I am gagging it is so bad for me and as soon as I get off here I am calling and talking to dh at work about this!

Sandy: Good for you! Curves is a great organization to be part of!

Faye
Old 03-17-2004, 12:40 PM   #9  

Good Morning and Happy St. Patrick's day! (I am in fact very Irish)
4 points for yesterday! I'm so glad I did well considering I was on the road (a big excuse for me). A friend of mine and I ended up driving several hundred miles. We live in the Willamette Valley between the Cascades and the Coastal mountains, well my friend had never been east of the Cascades so we drove across them to the high desert part of the state and ate lunch in Bend, OR. Then swung up north to Portland and had dinner with a friend who's birthday it was. Then back down to Corvallis. It was great. I got to drive...no one in sight...long straight road...huge blue sky...window down and music up ... I was born for road trips

Faye - sorry about the problem, I agree...call them right away.
Sandy - glad you like curves!
Have a good day everyone!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:47 PM   #10  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie
Carri
SandyB
Susan
Me

Woohoo, we are on a roll ladies! You go today and get those 4 pts!

Susan: Sounds like you had a great time. I love to go for drives and Jack hates it. He has to be GOING somewhere!

Called and had to leave a message, but at least they know there is a problem that needs to be dealt with. If I don't hear anything I will have Jack call when he gets home tonight.

Man, my brain has gone and shriveled up. I came up here to look something up and now I cannot remember. Bummer!

Have a great day ladies!
REMEMBER THE BIG THREE TDAY:

Faye
Old 03-18-2004, 07:35 AM   #11  

Ok, WHERE IS EVERYONE????
NO posts since noon YESTERDAY???

Must be all the warm air you gals have down south....better things to do than sit in front of a computer.

Anyway, I finally did get 4 points yesterday. Forced that water down while I was sewing.

Thanks for the info, Carrie.....I'll check out a site about WW winning points. I was hoping to find a way to do it without paying a monthly fee. Paying someone for me to get control of myself just screams "SCAM" in my head!

Well, not much going on here. Somehow we escaped the big 12" snow storm yesterday. Only ended up with a couple of inches and some wind. Guess I'll talk to you all when somebody's awake.

Cheers,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:10 AM   #12  
It is what it is...

Morning ....

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, got TOM this morning and am not feeling like a happy "cramper" right now... ha

Wow I cannot believe that Julie even got on here before Faye!! Faye are ya sleepin' in??

Julie - I dont pay any monthly fee, basically I just went to the first meeting, paid for that one, got the stuff I needed, and never went back,,, that is probably not how they want it done but oh well...anyway I think any plan really works if you stick to it, dont cheat, and exercise...I am sure you will find what works best for you...

Okay I will check in later when everyone is up and about....
Old 03-18-2004, 08:16 AM   #13  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Make sure you make time for you today!!!

Yep, I was late getting around today so had to run Jack to work first!

Julie: Yeah for you and your 4 pter!! Now we have to kick Carri in the behind!

Now the leprechan comes back!!!!

Later girls, need to finish chores and get to the gym!

Faye
Old 03-18-2004, 09:37 AM   #14  

Good Morning
2 points - very bad ...VERY bad with food. I'll put in extra time at the gym today.
I'm so tired! I have a final at 7:30 this morning, wish me luck.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:39 AM   #15  
I Can and I Will

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!! had another 4 pointer yesterday... and i lvoe curves... feels so good to work hard and actually like it while i am doing it..lol make sense?? I hope someone has returned your call about the rat problem Faye... i am not a rodent person either... yuck! i ahve alreasdy gottone my butt outside and shoveled snow for a half an hour...lol its so pretty outside... everything is blanketed with the snow and its snowing lightly... as very pretty day. Altho its supposed to get to 40 again today so it willbe a sluchy mess soon enuf...lol happend yesterday as well... oh well.. tis the season! CONGRATS Julie.... good for u! as i sit here i am drinking my 3 large glass of h2o... and after i workout i am always thirsty. Well ladies... did i tell u we got a puppy yesterday? cant remember...lol shes really sweet and adjusting just fine. have a great day ladies... take care of U
Love you all...

Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote