Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 10:25 PM   #31  

Hi ya'll! Hope you havent given up on me. I was out of town this past weekend and have been working from 8 am til 6 pm lately so not much time to get in here. Josh had a basketball game out of town tonite so just got home from that.

Got email from Taiwan yesterday. She is having probs like Newie was having. Every time she signs in and tries to post, it kicks her back out saying she isnt signed in altho at the beginning she always gets the "welcome taiwan" note. She has decided she'll work on it when she gets back to Taiwan which is just a few days away now.

Newie, I am sooo happy to hear your hubby got the job!! That is great news! About YOUR new job....you mentioned how you feel guilty being happy and getting a job at someone else's expense but think of it this way..I have a feeling if this lady is the type teacher I think she was to have stuck with it to retirement age, then she was a caring teacher who loved her students and I am sure she would be thrilled that you were right there to help them make this transition. I just know she would be very grateful and appreciative to you, especially knowing she actually mentioned that you should apply for her position.

Cyan, I gotta get out of this slump!! I am so gungho at one minute then the next I am eating a handful of junk. I am not even very regular at my exercise these days which makes me in a bad mood. It's so stupid to skip doing something when I know that doing that very thing makes me feel better afterward.

Maybe everybody else is having those sign-in probs too. Kinda weird that they'd all disappear at once, dont you think? I miss them all!

Well, better run for now. I hear hubby calling me. I havent seen much of him these days, we've both been so busy.

Miki
Old 01-28-2004, 06:39 AM   #32  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, all--hope everyone's doing okay. Cyan, I'll help you hold down the fort while everyone struggles through this winter. I started back on my "Atkins-like" plan--not sure how well it's working--don't plan to step on the scale for a while--but yesterday I did wear a pair of slacks that were looser through the waistline than they were last week. I too am NOT EXERCISING--no motivation at all. I've always found winter to be the worst for me for weight. In some past years, I could easily gain ten pounds from October to February. In the last couple of years, I just had as a goal NOT TO GAIN. I bet that SAD stuff touches most of us to a degree.

Well, I've got to go--my daughter will be getting up in 20 minutes, and then the day starts in earnest. More soon. Barb

P.S. Hey, I came back because I saw Miki's last message after I posted my reply, and I wanted to acknowledge and reply to that. Miki, thanks for your insight into my situation at school. What you said is part of what has helped me feel better about the situation. Also, I talked to my principal at length about the topic of me moving to the other woman's class class after I finish my present assignment, and that was one of the areas we discussed. I also have been able to put together an understanding within myself that all of the events of the previous six months, starting with my resignation from my previous job and continuing to the death of this wonderful lady, really were under the control of a Power much greater than myself (God). Things have just fallen into place too easily for a human being to have planned this out. I have come to the conclusion that God has called me to be here, in this place, now because I was going to be needed. It's my job now to do what I have been called to do here. That has given me a lot of peace. I hope I don't sound too religious and spiritual, but it's those beliefs that keep me going day by day, through good and bad.

Also, for Taiwan and others having problems logging in--I have fixed my problem. I'll try to explain it here, but if I don't make sense, look at a thread in the forum early in the index--I can't remember exactly the title of it, but it's one where you ask questions of the administrators if you have trouble understanding how to use and navigate the site. I submitted a post titled something like, "Having trouble keeping logged in...." Suzanne told me that it was probably a problem with my setting for cookies. I went to Internet Options in Tools to the General tab, where she told me to delete all my cookies (I guess my cookies for 3FC weren't the most current ones???? ) Then I went back to a place where I customize my security for cookies from particular sites (I've always had to customize my cookies for 3FC because our computer security is set high.) and made sure 3FC was still listed as a site from which I would accept cookies. Once that was done, the correct cookies were downloaded the next time I came to this site, and all my other cookies from other sites were redownloaded automatically, and now everything is OKAY. I don't even have to manually log in any more. It sounds harder than it is to fix the problem, and I was scared I would mess something up on my computer, but it all worked out fine. Believe me, I am no computer expert at all -- I press buttons and see what happens . Luckily common sense is in charge most of the time, so I haven't destroyed too much. But if I can fix what was wrong, everyone will be able to straighten it out. Miki, if you hear from Taiwan, spread this info to her, okay?

Well, really have to go now. Bye.

Last edited by newinspiration; 01-28-2004 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:26 AM   #33  
I will make it!

Default Hey Girls..glad you are back

Let me tell..this past weekend was very challenging for me...My friend's Mom is in hospital and was diagnosed with metastisized lung cancer...please say a prayer for her and keep her in your thoughts. Her daugher, a friend of mine is schizophrenic and she had a break down this weekend because the doctor tried new meds on her with less side effects and they dont work for her...so I had to nurse her back to health with meds that work for her. I took my Mom in to the doctors on monday for her check up...so needless to say I am pooped ...so now I have a cold sore on my lip from all this stress...but I am hanging in there.

Hey Miki..I know how you feel...I am having a hard time getting over this slump...but together we will do it...I will push you over the slump and you thrown me a rope from the other side...deal?

Hey Newie..glad to hear that all has worked out for hubby and new in the jobs department...a little faith goes a long way...and all things happen for a reason so I am sure you are where you belong and need to be. Congrats once again.

Well, my eating has been ok the last couple of days and besides walking to work, I have not done any intentional exercising...it continues to be thorn at my side.

have a great day ladies and I will be back tomorrow with more news..I am going to the hospital tonight to visit Lisa's Mom...she has her first chemo therapy today...so please say a prayer..send good energy..anything is appreciated.

Cyan
Old 01-29-2004, 12:40 PM   #34  
I will make it!

Where is everybody yeeesh..come on girls...get your arses in here and start posting...dont make me open up a can of woop arse!
Old 01-30-2004, 07:12 PM   #35  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, it's me--sorry, Cyan, to not be here for a couple of days. I'm not forgetting; I've just had a lot of papers the last couple of days and haven't slept well for the last two nights. The first night I fell asleep on the couch at 9:00 p.m. and when I woke up a couple of hours later to go to bed, I couldn't go to sleep. So I ended up doing some schoolwork and only slept about three hours. Then last night I went to bed just fine about 10, and at 1:30 a.m., one of our smoke detectors went off. I checked to make sure there was no fire, just a low battery, but didn't do anything about it. An hour later it went off again, and hubby and I were searching the house to see which one had gone off so we could temporarily disconnect it for the night. Well, once that was all over, so was my sleep. Now it's Friday, and I have no requirements for the evening, so I'm here. Thanks for your good wishes about things in my life. I'll let you know when my hubby gets his start day info. I hope it's soon. He's getting pretty crabby at times being home. An upside though--he has started organizing things, which is great by me. There's a lot in a house to organize for one person to do it all.

I've been trying to work my pseudo-Atkins plan. For the most part, I've been doing okay, except for a couple of cookies yesterday and three pieces of pizza at school today as a celebration of Catholic Schools week. Lunch was bought for us, and we received 20 extra minutes of free time in the lunch room. During that time, two moms took my class, and the kids cleaned out their desks, straightened up the room, and signed me this huge card. It nearly brought me to tears. My 26 little ones and I had a really tight group hug. It's possible I may only be with them one more week. I think the regular teacher is coming back on February 9th, so then I will be going up to the fifth grade. Next week, I am going to spend the week doing certain fun things with them that I've always wanted to do since I got there, but didn't because I felt I should be following the other teacher's curriculum. Next Friday is the 100th day of school, so we'll have a big celebration that day. That will be perfect timing if it is my last day with them.

Anyway, it's been quite cold here--hovering around 0 degrees F. for the last few days--not as cold as what you are used to this time of year, Cyan, but pretty cold for us here in Chicago. The last few years we haven't had much really cold weather, so I guess we're due.

Hey, everyone, pop in and say hi! Cyan (mostly) and I (a little) have been holding down the fort, but we need more people!! Take care. Bye for now.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #36  

Hello Cyan and Newie

Got email from Debee...she's having the same probs that Taiwan and Newie had signing in. She is working on it and hopes to be back soon. They both are able to read posts, I think, just not reply to them. Debee says she misses everybody.

Not really time for a long post...I'm working on my taxes and just decided to take a short break. Looks like we'll get a refund so I'm happy about that. Still have to do the State one tho.

I have to work tomorrow. I've been working lots lately, especially considering I am "part-time". Dont know how I could ever work "fulltime" if it would mean working more than I do now.. The extra hours really come in handy tho since Christmas.

Ate too much and didnt exercise today...so what's new huh? Ok, Monday is a new week. If I dont get on track by then, Somebody needs to give me a big cyber KICK!

Everyone have a great weekend! Better run for now

Miki
Old 01-31-2004, 08:17 AM   #37  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, Miki! Great to get your post this morning! You aren't the only who ate badly recently. I had my third night in a row of not being able to sleep right, and in my frustration, I ate a bowl of corn flakes and another of pretzels on purpose because I know that carbs will help me fall asleep if I am having trouble. I guess I don't need an OTC sleeping pill. Talk about using food as a drug!! I seem to remember last summer I had trouble at times sleeping when I was doing the Atkins thing. But of course I'm not exercising to help things that way either. I also have on my mind the change in my teaching assignment. I've got both 1st grade and 5th grade curriculums in my mind, and that's an awful lot to be thinking about at bedtime.

Miki, do tell the other girls about how I fixed my problem with the site if they haven't seen what I added to the thread the other day. The problems Debee and Taiwan are describing are exactly what I was going through. Deleting my cookies was exactly what was needed, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Cyan, hope your weekend is going well. Talk to everyone soon.

Love, Barb
Old 02-02-2004, 01:21 AM   #38  

ok, I am on my dh's computer in Taiwan. And it's ok now. I guess maybe the problem before was the cookies (aren't cookied always a problem--Oreo's for me)
Anyway, back in Taiwan less than a week now. If Josiah gets his times ok, I will ok. He's not waking up in the middle of the night, just at -5:30am and going for 5 hours, taking another 2 hour nap and then going to bed at like 7pm. Usual betime is 9pm and sleep til 8am. Hope that returns really fast.
Went to the dr and all is ok with me and baby. The dr said 90%chance it's a BOY!!!!!! oh my! well, the usual response from people are OH NO another boy! Healthy is all that's important.
Now I gotta get eating back in line now that we're back in Taiwan. Getting my water consumption back under control. I will ask my dr next check up about some exercises. I don't want to gain too much weight. I always gain 40lbs and have a little baby, so it's all me that gains weight basically.
Girls, we gotta get our eating and all under control. Hey, before I left I bought Dr. Phil's book "Ultimate Weightloss Challenge". Haven't opened it yet though as I can't diet while preggo one good thing about being pregnant.
Well, I should go take a rest. Very tired. Glad I can finally write again.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:36 AM   #39  
I will make it!

Default its Monday again

Hey Ladies good to hear that you guys have been posting...the weekend was over before I knew it and now its monday again...Oh how I wish it was friday again...did you guys watch the super bowl..or survivor...I was so pooped last night that I went to bed early...its so good to sleep..I love sleeping

I had sushi over the weekend...soooooo yummy...I love sushi

I did exercises but not indoor ones..I shovelled snow and cleaned my house...foodwise was fine too. I shopped a little and bought two trousers both in a size 12 one of them petite size...so at least I have not gone up in cloths sizes I havent weighed myself in awhile...to afraid to but I will once Tom is finished.

Miki, Newie, and Taiwan..glad to have you back and I will be responding to your posts soon..I just have to get going on my day at work now but I will be back soon.

cyber kicks to everyone who has fallen off the wagon...myself included.

Cyan
Old 02-02-2004, 05:46 PM   #40  

Default Hello Ladies!!!

Hello everyone,
I hope you are all having a great week. As I read in the previous posts, I shouldn't be hiding if I am not on track. Seems like everyone is struggling a little bit. Well, in my case, a lot....

Well, things are always as crazy as usual, but I am finally coming to the realization that, that is just how my life is. But leave it to me to keep adding to my frustrations....
I AM BACK IN SCHOOL.... I was so eager to start, I just jumped right in and enrolled. I am in school twice a week, and I am hoping once this weather starts to cooperate, I will be working out again at the curves which is 2 mins away from home on the other nights.

I have to say, I just can't get myself motivated, one min, I am ready to go the next, I am shoveling food and snacks in my mouth! It is horrible.......

I so miss you all, especially my daily conversations with some of you on MSN.. But the hospital has strict IT regulations and I just can't seem to get around them.

I do have to make myself get in here more and post and be ACCOUNTABLE for my actions, but it is easier said than done!!!

Well, I am almost done for the day, if you want to email me, I am usually quick to reply, you can email me at [email protected]

Hope you all have a great week,
Miss you all,
Old 02-03-2004, 10:14 AM   #41  
I will make it!

Default Hello Ladies

hey Reina...welcome back...I know what you mean...I have had a hard time with intentional exercising...man...the eating hasnt been bad...I dream a lot about cakes. doughnuts and chocolate but I dont give in to these dreams...once in a blue moon to keep me grounded. Thank goodness for that.

I saw my first Curves here in montreal!! How cool is that...I was wondering about it but I am not sure if I should join..I need something to motivate myself though..I will have to think about it some more and see what happens.

ok ladies have a good day and drop in soon and let me know what is going on..lots and lots of details

big hug

Cyan
Old 02-04-2004, 12:58 PM   #42  
I will make it!

Its Wednesday...where is everybody....anyway...I am going to get up early by 30 minutes and exercise! either cardio or weights...I will keep you posted

later

Cyan
Old 02-05-2004, 10:17 AM   #43  

Hello everyone,
Hope you are all doing great today... I am only working a half a day today, we have a big event tonight called the First Look For Charity... It is a Black tie event which raises money for 16 different charities, at the Chicago Auto Show.... I am really excited, because they are allowing Flav to go with, and I get to see him in a tux again!!!!!

I can't say that I have gotten any better this week, I am in the same mode. I had an exam last night, and I don't think I did all that great on it. I just can't get MATH. I really think I have a learning disability when it comes to math!

Oh well, I will talk to you all later.

Cyan, Take a look at curves, it is a great place to work out, and I hope to get my butt back into mine. It is not like the normal workout facilities, it is more private, smaller groups and IT WORKS.....when you go!

talk to you all soon!
Reina
Old 02-05-2004, 03:23 PM   #44  
I will make it!

Hey Ladies...woohoo its thursday!!

Reina..what are you taking in school and why did you decide to go back to school..details please.

I am looking forward to getting back to exercising ...I think tonight will be a good night for me to cycle cycle cycle.

I have been concentrating on eating very healthy foods and I am doing well. I am eating good quality, less refined foods. My latest kick is mixed berries...raspberries, blackberries and blueberries...which I buy frozen...they thaw and down the hatch they go...I swear....soooooooo good and it totally satifies my sweet craving...and I love the idea they they are filled with tons of nutrients and antioxidants...and very low cal!!!

well I have to be honest..I am yet to get up early to exercise...I keep thinking about it but have yet to do it...argh!!

well its 3.20pm and I wish it was 5pm so that I could go home and chill chill and then chill some more..oh yeah...good tv night...survivor and friends...woo hoo

I am not sure what I want to eat for dinner...nothing really stands out at the moment...but I think I will have a tuna sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

tonight possibilites...wow...I dont know...I guess I will see when I get home tonight.

Cyan
Old 02-06-2004, 11:29 AM   #45  
I will make it!

Hey its friday ... the weekend awaits....not quite sure what I will be doing ...we are expecting quite a bit of snowfall so I am sure I have shovelling snow planned for my weekend activities...thats if I want to drive my car..which of course I sure do.

lunch today is tuna sandwich...yum yum...oh yeah..dinner last night was tuna sandwich with a sardine thrown in for good measure...tasty tasty tasty.

I love fish. I think this weekend I will broil some sardines once they have marinated in a lemon coriander sauce...should be good with a salad and boiled potato...yep I think this will be sunday dinner.

Well I hope you ladies post soon and have a wonderful op day.
I am still working on the exercise black pitt I am in...I hope to climb out of it soon.

Cyan
Closed Thread