Old 08-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

I'm here Carri! Sorry to leave you here alone. As you know today was my DH's procedure and between trying to get things in order to be off a day at work and then dealing with the stress of the procedure, I just checked out for a while.

I want to thank everyone that I know form this board, past and present for your prayers and good thoughts for me and my DH. Things went well today. He is back in rhythm and we pray that he will stay that way.

It was a very, very trying time for us since we found out about his Afib in July.

DH has said that he is going to start walking again and get back in shape and feeling good. I hope he does as it will make it easier on me to stay in that frame of mind.

Carri: I know it is good to challenge yourself and yes Zumba is fun but don't push yourself to hard.
I don't know why but sometimes when I work out hard I will have a gain too.
I think we should remember that we must do everything in moderation in order for our bodies to work as they should.
It is frustrating for sure when our DH's lose weight so easy and when they weigh less than us that is VERY frustrating.

I will start tomorrow to getting back to posting my food daily. The past few days it has been a mess and I ate whenever and whatever.

I'm getting my hair done tomorrow..that always makes me feel so much better and I feel renewed.

Dee: Do you still have the grandbabies?
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #47  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Carri, hmm if it was me having your pain I'd dump the zumba because Duh, everyone's body internally/physically isn't made the same
My brain would tell me, 'hey go do some other work-out & stop injuring my bod'. Because pain/injuries put small tears in the muscle fiber u r trying to build-up & thats why they use the acronym RICE. R=rest, I=ice, C=compression, E=elevation for pain/injuries & trainers will tell you to Always take 2 days off to rest your body to repair itself from stress-exertion. Carri Good Luck if u keep going to zumba, I quit that class & do some yoga, etc. & other dance work-outs @ home & sometimes w friends during the winter. I'm not a gym rat, the invisible bacteria is creepy, no thanks (people pass Staph/Strep/they cough Snott on the machines ). Instead I do free-weights @ home anytime, even during tv commercials/whenever & take hikes outdoors enjoying the crisp air. In the winter we ice-skate, snowshoe, x-country ski. So long-story-short, Carri just do Whatever Your Body says Is Comfortable & Then increase or change-up/add-on to it Who cares what the current exercise fad is if it hurts; but I do love playing Pickle Ball indoors @ our local rec. center every spring & winter I'm asking Santa for a new racket. DH is 5'10" & always weighs 165#-175# & solid muscle/a 6 pack, a hot body @ 48 yr. so he doesn't need to work-out & our lifestyle keeps us active, relaxed & content. Ron's oncology doc says our country home w 40 acres is why dh's remission has lasted so long, 80% of other patients don't live this long w his cancer/treatment. We have an organic garden & use compost, etc. & it doesn't take any actual work or time. Our red/black raspberries r doing awesomely & we've had buckets full of concord grapes to eat The recent 80's weather has given us fab veggies, I'm giving away food from our garden daily to a church pantry & a needy soup-kitchen in the city: grape tomatos, roma tomatos, peas, cucumbers, romaine lettuce, sweet red onions, peppers, dill, basil, mint, oregano, broccoli, kolarabi, sweet corn & sugar-baby watermelon, sunflowers (Ron loves eating the shelled seeds & I enjoy the flowers); its so much more food than we need. I grew up in the city & it was convenient as a teenager being there, but I do not miss that traffic, rude people or noise & the odors from the city. So we simply drive to any cultural events we enjoy. It is strange that people choose to live so close to one another, that they can actually see into another family's rooms & hear a persons conversation.

Susie I'm so happy that everything went perfectly for John. This is a awesome weekend to give some special Luvin & spoiling to him & make fun winter vaca plans I know that planning our future always perked-up Ron & he loves all my extra attention, you know men r like big kids.... Whenever u get time to update us here, please do; I know you'll b busy on FB w everyone wanting to know about John today. If u get a cell call/text from 989-944/verizon it's probably me while on vaca checking on you I'm very proud of you, I know your stress & it's a rough time eating. My Luv & continued prayers r with you both because heart disease is serious & needs lifestyle changes.

Mel, it had to b lots of fun going school shopping, they must b so excited to b in school soon. I hope u r feeling so much better

The biker that crashed into my bike last month & hurt me is lucky he didn't flip-over. My sciatic nerves got messed up & I've had inflammation coming & going through my legs & arms to my fingers from compression damage so I can't ride my bike for about 3 months & take it camping on vaca. or ride horses or waterski anymore this year. But I'll b walking, swimming & kayaking the next 5 days

Mel, Carri, Susie Great going being OP this weekend, Christmas will B amazing Fitting into your cute-smaller new clothes!

Thedollylala & epicskyline Welcome to this thread, let us know what we can do to Help u be in the 100's

Talk to you Wed. or from my cell this week, Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #48  

It just feels like a brand new day today and I love it!

DH is in the kitchen making breakfast and we are going to get this day started. I'm not sure what all we will be doing today other than my hair appt. We need to clean house and get some grocery's too.

I talked to my DH last night about both of us losing weight and both of us getting active again. This morning we are going to weigh ourselves and we will weigh-in on Saturday.

I will still weigh-in at TOPS but I need to get him onboard with this too, so we decided on a couple weigh-in on Saturday mornings.

Carri: How are you feeling today?

Dee: It is so good to hear from you. Your garden sounds like a lot of work but a lot of reward.

I hope to get that text from you while you are on vacation.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't ride your bike on this vacation and I hope your sciatic nerves and compression damage are all better in the next 3 months.

It sounds like you have a good plan for exercise for the next 5 days. Enjoy yourself!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #49  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey Carri you aren't alone!!! Thanks for keeping me strong!!

All you ladies are awesome!!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #50  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …well I weighed in on Saturday morning and showed NO LOSS again …as you can imagine my attitude went straight to the toilet ( even shed a few tears ), and I let that attitude feed me all weekend ( and yesterday ) …I ate what I wanted, ate very poorly…I just couldn’t get out of the funk of not losing anything for the last three weeks after losing 40lbs so easily at first …yes, I know it would slow down but not to nothing ! I can’t help but think about how it all started when I started zumba….and I think I said already that sometimes when starting a new exercise routine your body has to adjust, but I am pretty much over it…going back on today, and going to zumba class tonight …but not liking it …Lord give me strength to get out of this funk and start seeing a loss …

Dee – yes I do have rests in between the classes…I only do zumba Tues and Thurs ( or Friday ) and then I just walk on the weekends with dh….so I am not over stressing my body I don’t think.
I agree with you on not understanding why people want to live right on top of each other in these neighborhoods….luckily in our neighborhood we are on a corner and only have one neighbor beside us, and they are a good distance ( but I would like it to be more ) …our goal is to buy a house with some acreage in a few years…like what you have ( well maybe not as many as you have ) …I am so happy to hear that your dh is doing well.
Sorry to hear about your sciatica, I know that stuff is nasty business…dh has it every once in a while from his back, he has had back surgery on his l4 and l5 discs…I hate that for him. Hope yours gets better soon.

Susie – great news on hubby…I hope this will take care of his issue for good ..and something good did come out of this if he is going to start getting more active with you…always easier with dh is doing the same thing …I am lucky with that too …
I am feeling okay, just a little down about things, as you have seen above…but I have to remember that I have my health, and so does my dh and all my loved one’s …and if I have that, I have everything and can work anything out.

Hi Mel – thanks for stopping in and thanks for saying I keep you strong, that means a lot and will push me further.

Dh and I took the day off together yesterday, we just lazed around, slept in ( way too late ) and watched TV …nothing exciting…haha…so looking forward to another three day weekend this weekend…

Have a great day everyone.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #51  

Carri: I know how it feels to do everything right and not see it on the scale.

I have no idea this is happening. Have you googled it and see if you find anything?

I was watching that a old Extreme Makeover with Chris Powell on Sunday night that I had DVR's a few weeks ago and the lady he was helping was having a similar issue. I found it to be inspiring to see her transformation despite the struggle.

Maybe you can google it and see if you can find it and watch it on your computer and it might give your insite or inspiratio,.

Mel: We love it when you pop in!

I didn't get to walk last night with DH. I had a ton of things to catch up at work and so I worked from 7-11:30 last night.

My food has been pretty good; I think, but I have slacked from last Wed until now on recording it and sharing it. I have recorded it today and will start sharing tomorrow.

Tonight i "practice 5k". My workout partner and I will be on the treadmills side by side, talking and walking--it's too hot to do it outside

Got to get back to work. I'll check in again tomorrow
Old 08-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #52  
It is what it is...

Good Morning Ladies !

Susie - yeah I have done some research and have also been talking to a friend on fb who has lost my same weight and is an avid exerciser ...a lot of people think I should up my calories on the day I work out since I am burning so much ...so when I am not working out I will keep them at 1400-1500 but on days I do work out I will have them at 1600 or more ...should shake things up a bit ...I won't weigh myself for a couple of weeks and see if that gets things moving. Also everyone is saying that after I work out that hard I need a LOT more water ...so gonna push that too

I had a good time at zumba last night, she really worked us...

My current goal right now is to not have any "cheat" days or meals until my birthday Sept 29th ...that is a month away today and I am pretty sure I can do it ...probably see a good loss too.

Susie - you work too much, haha ....hope you like what you do since you are always doing it. I couldn't do my job much more than I already do...gets pretty boring sometimes.

Looks like the hurricane is going to be over us this weekend and we are going to have rain Saturday and most of Sunday...looking forward to it...sounds nice and lazy

Have a great day everyone !!!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #53  

The workout last night was good and effective as I can still feel it a bit today in my butt and in my hamstrings.

I also feel very accomplished when I complete a 5k, eithier as a workout or a actual even because I really push myself physically and mentally.

When I get to about 2.25 miles my body says slow down, it wants a litle rest. When that happens, I breathe deeply in and out so that I get energy from that and I start this "self talk" in my head that keeps me going.

That goes on until I get to 2.75 miles then it starts feeling better until I get to 3 miles..that last little it is tough and I really have to push myself to stay on pace across the finish line.

Carri: I'm so proud of you for working through this instead of just quitting. I know exercise is new to you and you should be proud of yourself for trying and sticking it out.

August 28, 2012 Food JouralB=1 bluebery muffin, 2 boiled egs
L=WW Smart One meal: Pasta primvera with veggies (I really liked this one), grapes
S= 100 calorie bag of Vanilla Waffer cookies
D= Sloppy Joe sandwhich on bun, 1 single serving potato chip bag, 1 Skinny Cow ice cream bar
Old 08-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #54  
It is what it is...

Morning everyone …if you see that I start not posting on here as much don’t be alarmed ( as some of you will still see me occasionally post on fb )…I am just getting really down and frustrated with this whole weight loss and exercise thing …emotionally I can’t take that I haven’t lost anything in three weeks and have actually gained two pounds since starting more exercise …I don’t really want to give up exercising but I do lose weight when I am not doing it and just eating right …I have up’d my calories like everyone has suggested and was up yet another pound this morning …so by doing the math you know that now my scale is saying 200 again …I worked so hard to get under that number and now I am seeing it again …

Just not in a good frame of mind right now …sorry for brining anyone down …just needed to get out how I am feeling this morning.

Susie – thanks for the words of encouragement, I really appreciate it.

Food for 8/29:
Breakfast – English muffin with 1 T butter
Lunch – Lean Cuisine and 1 serving cottage cheese
Snack – Granola Bar and 1 T peanut butter
Dinner – 1 grilled chicken breast and cup of corn
Snack - brownie
Old 08-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #55  
Sandee

Hi Girls

Vaca was a bust & I was unhappy except for our beautiful drive home along Lake Michigan, dh was acting like a spoiled brat, 'he' wanted everything 'his way' on our vaca. It was more like 2 separate vaca instead of ours. Normally dh is great, but people have put ideas in dh head about his cancer & that dh deserves to b treated like a king & me as his 'yes girl', so on our trip dh behaved selfishly & yelled @ me whenever I didn't say 'yes to everything'. My head & heart was more concerned w being home w our 3 yr pregnant girl Sundae who will give birth during the next week to a litter of 'mini-GoldenDoodles'; just her 2nd litter. Soo I tried hard not to speak to him w angry words or yell back & let him just b a hot-head. Instead I kept my thoughts w Sundae, she is adorable just like her sweet name.

Carri I'm sorry to read that you r still struggling w your weight. I've maintained 145 pd-147 pounds for 4 yr & for 1 yr now I've been stuck/wrestling to lose 6 pounds & to b 141 pd but it's my own fault that I did Not hit my 141 pd goal yet. The 'Good & Bad' I do: #1. I know that muscle is Heavier than fat; so I'm not certain if my weight is more from fat or muscle [I still have some fat dimples on my legs]. #2. I eat everything I like & I enjoy my food. #3. I do not have a scheduled work-outs, because I'm always busy & rationalize my fat burning. #4. I do not diet & will not diet. I Do believe Only in Portion control/size for a heathy life, because people regain weight after they diet, even the surgery people do because I cook diet meals for back-slider dieters. #5. I am a emotional eater & my portions get out of control, Unless I have a meal/snack ready to eat or heat quick during stressfull moments. My lightbulb moment went off as I walked down the kitchen aisle @ Kroger & again @ WalMart & I saw the canning jars that most of my thin clients use for their meal portions. So I make my own convenience meals to have a few ready in the freezer/fridg when a 'emotional/stress moment' occured. It has helped me during the last 6 months & I have not over-ate once since I started this & it actually is 'fun' to plan what I can put inside the really cute jars I bought, I shop for current & the pretty antique green glass. #6. I make excuses by letting my work days take priority & interfere w me taking care of my body/health. #7. I put everyone else first, my body & needs last.
Okay Carri, see I'm a mess & I have to fix myself also
You've lost weight & been successful You Are doing GReat & I KNOW that you r soo much happier now, than you were when you weighed 40 pounds more. R u certain that u r not having any hormone/medical problems?...
Okay, Carri IS in Onederland & You Will stay Here & we will celebrate together as your little-self reaches your next weight goals.

Susie, I'm sorry I couldn't reach u over my vaca. My dh took my cell & wouldn't let me use it until we got back home last night. He didn't want me to speak to any work or vent to friends about him being a hot-head. This is the only place I'm venting because I know he'll never know I tattled on him/vented. I told him I forgave him & he was having his Manopause. I do walk on my treadmill for 15 minutes @ 3.5mph for cardio, it's my only daily habit. It's a comforting walk during allergy season & the hot temps. How's dh doing w his heart-health new lifestyle changes? There r so many yummy heart recipes to enjoy.

Does anyone play Pickle-ball? Do you like it better than tennis/racketball? We really do a little easier on my bad knee.
We're going to a Amish Auction on Sat. & waiting for our puppy litter to arrive in a few days, I'm so excited. We haven't taken any deposits for this litter yet, my webpage/domain expired for my doodles.

I have to get to work now, I hope you'all can come post again this week. I'll b back & post my food-log
Old 09-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #56  

Default Good evening

I was wondering if you had room for one more. I am 17 lbs from onederland and
11 lbs from losing 100lbs. It has been a long road but I am ready to make the final leg of this journey.

I am not really new just been missing a while. I am glad to be back.

Susie: We were in a group together in 2009 or 2010. I can't remember everyone but I remember you and Hollyhock. I went back thru my messages and had a message from you after your cruise in Sept 2006. It has been a while

Last edited by Debbie; 09-02-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: contents
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #57  
Sandee

Hello Girls I hope you'all r having a Wonderful weekend!
A nice relaxing weekend for us. Gas prices kept us from doing as much as normal & we just went to a Amish auction/flea market yesterday. I wish we had kept our motorcycles Michigan voted this year & lets our bikers chose to go w/o helmets & as a pro-helmet biker because I like my brain; it bugs me seeing bikers w a bare head-broken & wearing flip-flops

Carri, Susie, Mel, Liz, Arabella, Thedollylala & epicskyline

Debbie Wow Congrat's on the 100 pds

Saturday's Menu:
Breakfast: skipped because we overslept.
Lunch: Subway- breakfast/egg white-steak-mozz.cheese flatbread sandwich loaded w veggies & diet Dr.Pepper pop.
Supper: chicken breast & veggies & German choc. cake w ice tea.
snack: German choc. cake w skim milk. Potato chips

I'm looking for a simple pie recipe using 'yogurt' as the filling, please post if u have one, TY
Old 09-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #58  

Hello! I can't believe it is Labor Day and the holiday weekend is almost over.

Ours has been a busy one--is anyone surprised? I'm ALWAYS busy.

Thinking about that, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm keeping myself so busy so I don't have to really deal with my extra weight? Dee's list got me to thinking about that for myself.

I did have a loss at TOPS on Thursday, 1.5 lbs. It felt good to see that loss.

I have been logging my food in my Lose It App and one day (Saturday) I went over big time! I wasn't binging or anything, it was just the foods and the amount I was eating did it, but the rest of the time I have in calorie range. Logging that food is something I know that really works for me and I must do it EVERYDAY.

Dee: I'm so sorry that DH acted out on vacation. My DH will do that at times too. He feels entitled to things at times, due to his age or due to how hard he physically works day in and day out at his age.

It is hard to keep quiet about it and not yell back but I find it stops quicker if I don't. If he gets to out of control, I try to tell him in a low-key, controled way and after I say it, I don't say anymore but go quietly about what I want to do and what makes me happy.

I remember when I was going to get married, I told my grandmother; she was 80 yrs old at the time and had been a widow since her early 60's. She was very grandmotherly and was a Quaker. Her response was "why"? and I said because I don't want to be lonely in my life and I love him and she said "just visit!". I was shocked but I still laugh about it. I think she knew how men can be at times.

Carri: You are going through a rough patch girl and I'm so sorry. I hope you don't stay away for too long and not post...you have inspired me to not give up. Don't YOU give up!

You know that you don't have to post all successes in this forum. We celebrate with everyone when they have a victory in this weight-loss battle and we help each other when that battle is getting the best of ourselfs.

Debbie!! I remember you from that thread and I'm so glad you found us here. I know at one time, you were close to goal and then your DH had a lot of issues with his job and I think you were going through something like that as well? Sometimes life just controls us instead of us controling it, but it looks like you are holding the reigns again!

We are going to a movie today and keeping things low-key. We saw The Incrediables 2 on Friday night with a young couple who we are friends with and today we are meeting another friend of ours who lives in Dayton and seeing "Hope Springs". I'm looking forward to this laid back day today.

It's raining here...thank goodness! We really needed it.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #59  

Smile Working on the Holiday

At least I don't have to worry about having company, making a big meal and overeating.
I only have to work til 1 so that's not too bad.

I have been doing ok so far but not really doing a lot of losing lately.
I try to keep calories between 1200-1500. I still have my outside job so I don't get any extra exercise in the summer months. I do use my Fitbit and get 11000-
14000 steps a day so I do burn some calories.

So far today:
2 egg white scrambled with 2tbs of Jimmy dean Turkey sausage crumbles
Fiber 1 brownie.

I am really trying to get to onederland by New Years.

Last edited by Debbie; 09-03-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #60  
It is what it is...

Morning everyone…I had a really good three day weekend with the hubs …we did a lot of fun things, but also ate a lot of not good for you food, haha …today my stomach is acting up because of all the junk food.

So I am thinking that since I have diabetes ( lighter case, numbers are usually always good when checked annually at my endo office ) that my issue right now might be carbs…when you have insulin issues your body doesn’t do well with the carbs and stores them quicker …so I might start playing around with my carbs and/or also start doing what I used to do which was not have carbs after my afternoon snack…I think I heard someone say that Bob Harper says to do this in his book, but anyway, I used to do it and it worked out well for my body….so I am trying still to change things up for my body as again I didn’t lose anything this week, still stuck at 198 …if you are gonna be stuck somewhere I guess I am glad it is still in Onederland, lol …

Debbie – WELCOME !!! Great to add a new member…I look forward to getting to know you. Why don’t you give us a mini biography of sorts so we can get to know you some…married? Kids? Job?

Dee – Thanks for the encouraging words, I will get there …I know we all stumble along the way.

Mel – Hi !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you had a great weekend with all your boys.

Susie – Thanks for your kind words…it makes me feel good to know that I have encouraged and helped someone else along the way. Mel has told me that too and it really does make me feel good and want to carry on and make it to my goal, so thanks again. And don’t worry I will always come here to post the good and the bad, haha

I haven’t had any breakfast yet because my stomach is making me feel a little nauseaus ( spelled wrong I am sure )…but now I think I may need to as it might be making it worse ….

Hope you all have a good week !!!

Supposed to go to zumba tonight but am SO tired don’t know if I can …brought my gym bag to try and encourage myself to go but we will see

Later