Old 01-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

Weigh in- 258 lbs loss of 1 lb... kinda disappointing, but hey a loss is a loss
Kitten1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

jbailey, If they have no nutritional information, I would opt for the healthiest looking salad with a fat free dressing. This way, you can still have a night out with the girls and not totally ruin your diet.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #123  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Jessica - I want a ticker too!! Soon...

I looked up the menu for the restaurant you are going to. I would probably start with the hearts of palms and beets salad - a citrus vinagrette shouldn't be too bad on calories and as long as there's not too much goat cheese it should be pretty low. I agree that the pan seared chicken would probably be good but if it was me I would ask if I could sub either roasted asparagus or sauteed baby vegetables for the mac and cheese (unless you can take a couple of bites and then leave it ) I still eat out quite often but I try to stay closer to what I do at home (ie relatively healthy salad to start and lots of veggies). I would then eat about half the chicken and all the veggies (or less depending if you are full by now). I don't know if you are a wine drinker but I am. I try to nurse one glass all dinner and drink lots of water.

That's just what I would do Most importantly, have fun! This has to work for real life so a little planning and good choosing should get you through.

Jen
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 258/248/158

Height: 5'8"

begoodjen - Thank you SO much for looking up the menu and giving your opinion!!! I'm not sure that I could leave mac & cheese so I'll probably sub for veggies. I do like wine but don't drink it very often. I'll probably do the same; sip on a glass & some water.

You're right-I have to make this work for every day. Not just the days when I have 100% control over what I eat

Thanks again
Jbailey7780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #125  

Height: 5'6.5"

Wow - you girls rock, that's awesome! And It's the weekend - wooo hooo Am I the only one who loves the weekend this much??

Tomorrow afternoon hubby and kids are going to spend the afternoon skating on a pond and hanging out with friends. I'm looking forward to all the alone time so I can clean the house - yes!

Sara - That's an awesome loss. If I had been through the stress tha you just had I wouldn't have faired nearly so well - great job!

Jessica - I'm also dying for a ticker. I must be there soon....maybe a few days away?? Enjoy your dinner out. I agree that we have to figure out how to eat well in all situations. Try not to stress about it and enjoy the company rather than the food (but enjoy that too!).

Jen - Congrats on your loss! I also feel like I have some accountability weighing in to you girls.

Kim - Glad you feel better and that you kept yourself in line even while sick. I know that I'm such a sucky sick person and I love to use it as an excuse to eat my socks off.

Jamie - Amazing loss!

LW - Your loss is great too. You're almost in Onederland - I'm green with envy
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #126  
This is my life!

S/C/G: 231/221.6/150

Height: 5 ft 2

Morning Jewels!

Got to rush off to my WW meeting, but I just had to share my excitement with you all. I forgot to weigh with you all yesterday so I weighed on my home scale this morning (which I use for our Friday weigh ins) and I am 225.4!! That's down 4.2 from last Friday!

I'm really going to do it this time... and you guys are playing an important role in this.

Congratulations on al your weight loss this week... let's keep it up for next week. And although I"m over the moon with my 4.2 weight loss, let's all remember that even .2 is .2 towards the goal... some weeks will be better than others... but we are all human and this is a process... even though it may have seemed like it came on overnight - it didn't... so it's not going to come off overnight either. I've read more than one of you say that you're going to take your time, let it come off slowly and that really is the key... let's be patient and kind to ourselves.

LOVE YA JEWELS!!
KimG813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Congratulations KimG813, and to everyone else this week also. I already feel like this group is helping me in my weight loss. Any time I get tempted I think to myself how I want to report a loss here each Friday. I hadn't realised I was so close to Onderland until Laura78 pointed it out. I want that so badly at this point.
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #128  

Talking

Well Saturday morning.. started a little late this morning but I am up and already cleaned my house from top to bottom, had a little energy spurt so I decided to take advantage of it.... that musta burned some much needed calories

Going for a walk with friends today around a nature preserve as it is 73 degrees here today...

Will let you all know what progress tomorrow morning when I post back

Have a great day ladies
Old 01-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #129  

Hi Ladies! I had a great day today.....did a 3 mile WATP DVD with toning exercises using a stretchie band. I also did all my meal planning for the week and grocery shopping and cleaning the house. I also managed to get a nap in. I am going to ask DH to bring the kids out every Saturday - LOL!

Sara - Got to love those energy bursts!

LW - This is your week - Onederland watch out!!

Kim - What an amazing loss - you go girl!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Laura78 ~ I think its going to take me 2 weigh ins to get to Onederland but I'm going to try really hard this week. Its all you can do, right?

KimG813 ~ That's quite a loss. You lucky lucky thing!

How is everyone's Sunday going? Any plans?
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #131  
go ticker go!

Hi Jewels!

KimG813 - way to go!!

Sounds like everyone's having a busy, productive weekend. I think we might head to the flea market today - always a nice way to pass a Sunday. Tonight is my sisters birthday dinner. My dad is cooking so here comes the oil and cheese!! Luckily we eat there almost every Sunday anyway so I just have little portions of everything and I seem to be fine. It's a really good exercise in portion control!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Jen
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #132  

Ah Sunday... the day of football and snacks all day.... most of the time its cheese salsa n chips with chicken wings n meatballs.... but today I am adding carrot sticks, broccoli florets, cauliflower,celery and low fat dressing to the offerings...... might still have some chip n dip but.... most of the plate gonna be veggies
Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #133  

We had an "interesting" day today. I saw my daughter scratching and it turns out she has lice!!! EWWWWW. I spent 4 hours combing through her hair. Despite that stress I still fit in a workout, so not too bad. But not a fun day!

I hope everyone did OK with their snacking today! I was wondering if anyone was interested in posting what they ate in a day? It would help for accountability and also give us ideas of things to eat! Here is my day:

Breakfast: Coffee w/ Creamer (70 cal), 1 whole wheat thin bagel (100), an egg + an egg white (90), 1/2 tsp butter (17) and an apple (95).

Snack: Missed as I was pulling lice out! LOL

Lunch: Two pieces stonemill bread (140), 1/2 can tuna w/ 1/2 tablespoon of light mayo (75), and a large banana (121)

Snack: A brownie I made from a recipe I found made from ground almonds, so good! (157)

Dinner: BBQ chicken breast (150) w/ 1/2 avocado on top (125), 1/2 cup sweet potatoes (75) and a bunch of broccoli (15).

Snack: Crunchy veggie sticks (130 cals).

My total for the day was under at 1385 calories, but my fat was way too high at 48g (mostly because of the avocado and the brownie - but both were good fats).
Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #134  
go ticker go!

Hey Laura
I found the same recipe for the brownies - I bought the ground almonds but haven't tried them yet. Glad to hear they are good! Posting our meals is a good idea - I don't know if I will get to it every day but I will try. I will start tomorrow as today was a bit of a write-off

Jen
Old 01-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #135  

Morning All! Off to work I go...just sipping my moringing Java. I hope everyone has a great week.

Jen - Yes, the recipe was husband and kid approved - so wonderful! The only thing was that the ground almonds were killer expensive. It's OK for a once in a while treat I guess. I couldn't get over how healthy the recipe is. All the fat comes from the almonds - so it is all good fat! So healthy