Old 05-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #331  

Height: 5'7"

Hello, I'm waiting for a meeting to start and I thought I would use the time to catch up with all of my 3Fatchick friends!

Last night my friend and I did our practice 5k (it's a part of our every 4 week training--4th week is we do the 5k we did for the Turkey Trot last November).
We both wore pedometers to make sure that the course was actually longer than a 5k and it is. It's a whole mile longer! That's ok..we just keep going and the extra mile helps us for future 5k's to get that time down.

So, at 3.1 miles (5k) we were at 44 min! Our lowest time every. We finished the route 4.1 miles in 60 min. Once we had that 5k in we slowed up a bit..girls we were moving! It felt so good! Physcially and mentally. When I do that I feel like I can do anything that I set my mind too.

Tonight we will bike or do the ellipical for 20 min and then it is time to go to the weight room..1st strength training I have done in over a year! I'll be starting light.

Mandy: I LOVE Myrtle Beach! It is there that I first saw the ocean.
It is hard to get back into the routine when you have been out of it..but you can do it. Just set your mind..and come post here daily..it gets you back into the routine.

Carri: Cool nails! and I hear you on weighing less that DH. I can't wait until I weigh less than mine..about 25 lbs to go. Enjoy your dinner out tonight..it's about the company and they food.

Dee: I LOVED that cowboy dance that Donald and Peta did. It was awesome..I was jumping up and down in my living room. I couldn't believe what I had seen...I laughed when I saw Carrie Ann up on the desk because I would have been right there with her! I DVR'd the results from last night and will watch them this weekend but I do know who won!

Was yesterday your TOPS night? How did you do?

Dreamer: is your name Cassie? I know it is frustrating when the scales won't go done, but keep at it or it will go up!

Ok..time for the meeting to start. See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #332  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Big Brother is supposed to premier July 12. I've also watched it since season 1. I'll keep watching it forever, I enjoy the twists too.

Tonight Revenge ends & returns next season, don't forget to watch it; the previews were wicked

Carri, I like your polish too.

I'm burned-out & I'm having a boo-hoo day Hawaii, Disney World, Puerto Rico where r you I need a trip Lottery$ where r you I'm sooo drained from staying strong w my dh's cancer set-backs. I need a Genie-in-a-bottle & change my life.

Tomorrow is a new day for all of us.

to all, Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #333  
It is what it is...

Dee - stay strong still ....I can't imagine how hard it is to have to deal with that on a daily basis and put up a brave front for him. Just stay positive as much as you can. Things can always get better.

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #334  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

morning ladies,

carri - that is some pretty cool nail polish....I have seen that magnet nail polish but it looked complicated. Does it go on like normal nail polish or how does that work?

susie - way to go on the time! That is awesome! I'm working on doing C25K right now and hoping to be able to run a 5k I have never even ran a mile in my life so that will be an accomplishment. Also yes, my name is cassie

Dee- when you win that lottery can I get a loan for a nice vacation? LOL

Had a MAJOR binge last night :\ ate like 3x my calories almost UGH. i was ok till I got home and the BF had ordered pizza, was even ok then, I only had 2 pieces and was slightly over. But then.....the carb rush from the pizza and the salt and the fat started a binge :\ went to target and bought "junk" food. Ugh. Good thing is I am STILL full from yesterday so I doubt I will be eating much today. HOPEFULLY that will help balance out my binge yesterday a bit.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #335  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies – gonna be a hotter one today here …gonna get up to 86 and then starting tomorrow and all thru the weekend it is going to be in the 90’s …ughhhh …gonna be 94 on race day ( Indy 500 ), can’t imagine sitting in the stands when it is that hot …but about 250k people do it every year haha

Dreamer – no, not that complicated… I mean it does take longer than just painting your nails with normal polish but it’s not hard, and the results are so cool…pizza is my big time binge starter, I love it, and it does send me down an eating spiral with all those carbs…I always want some big dessert right after …I try to stay away from it unless I buy a frozen low calorie one from the store.

Susie – Great job on the 5k time….look at you getting all exercising !!! You are doing great…good thing you have a friend to do it with you, I know that really helps. Good luck with the strength training.

Dee – July 12th for Big Brother? Wow, I read that online yesterday and I guess I always think it starts in June…but oh well I guess I can wait.

Mandy – Hi ya !!!

Everybody have big cook out plans for the holiday weekend? We don’t so far but I am sure we will at some point …don’t go over board with all the mayo salads and hotdogs, brats, and hamburgers….I know it is easy too. Easier said than done huh?

Carri
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #336  

Hi Ladies,

Taking a lunch break with you. It would be so fun if we all could get together in person for lunch! or do you think we would all just eat tiny little salads?!

I am having a salad today for lunch. It's TOPS day and I try to stay light at lunch on weigh-in day. Don't want to undo all I have done all week.

The strength training went well last night. I kept wanting to do heavier weights but I reminded myself that I also wanted to continue to strength train and not to over do-it on my first time back in over a year. It is hard when I know I used to do bicip curls with 25 lbs weights and last night I was doing 10's. Oh well..I was there once and can get there again.

I think I'm having a IC flare or it could be a uti or a combonation. They feel the same and for the first 10 days I am to treat them the same, cirpro and those pills that number the bladder. I hate to take cirpro as I sometimes show a gain the next week. I feel "tender" today and not much like moving.
I will listen to my body as much as I can..also pouring in the water. I'm a big water drinker but I add extra when I feel like this.

Dee: to you. It is hard to support someone who is dealing with a chronic illness. It's hard to be the one with the chronic illness too. I hope that things will ease up in that area for both you and DH soon.

Carri: I have a friend who is from Indy and I always tease her and tell her that the people from Indy have no idea this weekend is called Memorial Day because in Indy it is all abot Race Day!

We are hosting a cookout Sunday night--come on over! I will do ok when it comes to the meat (since i don't eat it! ) but I LOVE the potato salad and the chip dip. I won't allow chip dip to stay in my house because I go crazy with it.

I will be honest and I will tell you that I will eat more chip dip than I should on Sunday night but it will be ok because that will be the only time I eat it.

Cassie: Isn't it amazing the power that we let carbs have over us. I agree those are major cravings that one gets from pizza carbs and hard to battle.
So, here is some more to help you kick those cravings and binges.

Mandy: I notice you aren't here and I miss you!

Liz, Mel, Auntie G, Arabella: are you out there lurking? Would love to hear from you all!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #337  

Quick post this morning. I lost 1.5 lbs at TOPS last night. I am at my lowest weight in 2 years. Feel so good! Makes me want to do it all over again next week!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #338  
It is what it is...

Good Morning Girls – I take periodic pictures of my face to see how my face is thinning and I have to show you these two I have posted below…the first one was in January right before I started my diet, and the 2nd one is from this morning, 26 lbs down later …I can’t believe the difference…my face gets very fat very quickly when I gain weight …I wish I was one of those women who keeps a thin face when overweight, haha

Although the weigh these pics are shaped makes things look different than they are, but here you go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (15.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg today.jpg (16.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #339  
It is what it is...

and forgive my hair in the one from today...I had just gotten up, haha
Old 05-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #340  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

thats awesome carri, I'll have to look into it more.

susie- sorry bout your flare and wtg on the loss!!

getting ready to go to the gym. Not much to report...busy busy, busy day today so I better get going caue I still need to go to the gym and have to be showered and out the door by 7:45 and it's 6:19 now YIKES!

have a good day all.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #341  
It is what it is...

funny, see how much this diet is on my brain ? In my first post I spelled "way" like "weigh" ...I need help girls !!!!

Susie - congrats on the loss, great job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #342  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Carri & Cassie I appreciate your caring thoughts for me, Thank You. My bp was 172/111 Monday night (stroke level) my feet/legs were pins & needles & woke me up. DH took me to the ER. Tuesday our doc bitc*ed-out DH for letting me over-work my 2 jobs, + his wife + manage dh's medical treatments/tests, scheduling, when I'm doing monthly community volunteer work @ church/tops/Red Cross/hospital & be a mom. DH always has his cancer pain under control w his vicodin; so our doc said dh needs to step-up more often to help me; because I'm over-whelmed w so many obligations. She said cancer patients need to get over their self-pity & treat cancer/chemo/tests, the same as diabetes, etc. It was so nice to hear our doc say that she 'cares & she admire me' for giving so much of myself, that I cried. (our internalist doctor admires 'me' wow, I felt sooo humbled & honored by her comments)

Oh Cassie, when I win the Big lottery I Will plan a spa vacation for all of us on this thread; w horseback-riding & jets ski's & a beautiful beach w hot male servants for us. We can send our guys to go play paint-ball or on a charter fishing cruise..... I told Carri, I'm getting her & dh a 'food truck' her dh loves playing w food too, like I do ....dreams do come true...somebody wins the big lottery every month...

Carri, You made me cry w your post to me after I wrote about being 'drained'; you didn't know What had just happened w my BP Monday night, yet you were so sweet. I Am Blessed that you care & are here. You r beautiful inside & out. Hey before I forget, what is your insurance co. name? My dh isn't happy w our agent & I haven't had time to check around.

Bedtime now, Please have a Safe & fun holiday weekend everyone!
We'll go to the lake fishing & to a b.day party. Dee

Tuesday I have a appt w a bride to design her bridal-party beach wedding dresses for August....This will b fun to sew I'm getting excited...

Last edited by miniDoodles; 05-26-2012 at 02:26 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #343  

Good morning Ladies.

I got my landscaping project done yesterday. It looks very nice. I will try and take a picture of it and post it. I've not done much of that type of thing and it was fun to learn how to do it. I also noticed that I'm pretty sore in my core area right now; that tells me that was a good workout and it also tells me where I need to work!

I am happy to report that my "flare" is gone..because it subsided so quickly that tells me it was a Uti and I was on the right track with the cipro.

Today is clean the house, go to a graduation party this afternoon and a graduation ceremony tonight.

The ceremony tonight is for my best friend since 2nd day of high school (a LONG time ago), son. My BF had him as a single mom when she was 27; it was a one time thing and his dad never wanted anything to do with him.
I was with her in delivery when he was born and am very close to him as I did everything with her and him for most his life. She did marry a wonderful man when her son was 3 and they had another boy later. I'm close to them both but Mickey-her 1st son--holds a very special place in my heart and I can't believe he is graduating high school! He plans to go into Graphic Design.

Dee: Your DH's doctor sounds like a very wise person and is the right person to help you and your DH.

When I read the BP# you had and went to the ER with I was terrified for you!
Hopefully it has improved and that DH is helping you to carry the burdens of daily living.

How was the time at the lake? I find that just being around water is calming to me and I hope it helped you too.

How exciting that you are going to be sewing a wedding dress! You must take a picture of it and show us when you are finished.

Cassie: Hope you made it to the gym.

Carri: They say a picture says a thousand words and yours said 26 pounds GONE! So happy for you!
Old 05-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #344  
It is what it is...

Hello Girls !!! Scale showed me down another 2 pds this week so now I am at 210 baby !!!!!! Right on the cusp of the single digit 2's ....I can feel that Onederland is SO in my grasp now !!!

It is so freakin hot here today, gonna be in the low 90's today and the mid 90's tomorrow...so Carri will be staying in a/c wherever she is....feel so sorry for all those people at the race, can't imagine how hot it will feel in those stands...they said they have a alot of extra medical personel because of the extreme heat...you add to that alocohol and I bet a lot of people get pretty sick.

Dee - Sorry to hear about your bp ...just before my doc put me on stronger bp meds my bp was 160/99 in her office, not once but three times in a row, meaning three different visits...so I know how scary that can be....but she never acted like it was stroke high...scary....

Susie - have fun with the graduation, almost everybody on fb today is talking about having a graduation party or going to one....must be that time...thank you for the comment on the pics, I think it is a huge difference too.

Everybody have a great day and a great holiday weekend !!!!! Stay cool.

Carri
Old 05-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #345  

I can't believe how fast the holiday weekend has flown by! It has been wonderful to have the time off from work and get some things done and have so "down time" too

Yesterday evening we had a cookout for about 40 people including kids. We all had a blast. I had a waterballon toss for the kids and a squirt gun fight as well.

I am happy to say that I didn't have any chip dip. I was to busy taking care of everyone else that needed something that I barely had time to eat.

Today we are going to see The Avengers and I'm also reading. Lazy days of summer...I love them!

Carri: 210!!!! It seems as if your body kicked in and is now working for you and getting that weight off..it yearns to be in ONEDERland!
Great job and keep it up.