Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #181  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Hey all just checkin in this morning. The scale said 237 WOOT that's 2 lbs down today...I like it, I hope the 230's continue to fly by like this! Going with the boyfriend to turn in our applications for our apt today. *crossing fingers we get approved, I'm nervous* other than that not much else going on this week. I might make the boyfriend go get some new pants and a new belt (he's lost 30 lbs and his clothes are FALLING now..its funny to watch him run with his dog he has to hold his pants up). I'm proud of him (even if he is losing at a rate sooo much faster than I am LOL). Gonna chill some before classes start next week. german starts monday and my school book isn't here yet (YIKES!). Well, I'm off to get ready so I can make it to my noon appointment with my scholarship coordinator! have a great day ya'll the week is almost over
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #182  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i'm not losing any weight. fractions of a pound over the course of a week. i'm afraid to reduce my calories any further because of the intensity of my workouts. i wish something would give. every day i have to tell myself "giving up will make you 300 pounds again, it will be better tomorrow"... but almost every day i do what i'm supposed to (i highly doubt a binge on occasion can completely cancel out weeks of not binging), and i see no change on the scale. at 170 i might accept that and be happy, but at 270 there's just too much fat to get rid of to accept that i'm *supposed* to be this big. blah.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #183  
It is what it is...

Mandy - you know they say muscle adds more weight so maybe back off of that part of it for a while and just do simple cardio ...see if that gets things moving...or drop your carb intake ....
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #184  

the problem with cardio is it doesn't just cause your body to burn fat, it can cause loss in muscle mass too.... building muscle is supposed to help with your metabolic rate and increase the rate at which your body burns fat. which is why i do it.

i don't know how much to eat. i don't know how much to exercise. i'm just confused by it now.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #185  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. I am so glad it is the weekend but the TV will be on all weekend in our house. My DH is a huge basketball fan and a huge professional wrestling fan and both sports have things this weekend--including Monday night when it is the NCAA Men's finals.

While I'm from Ohio, and I will cheer them on to beat Kansas, I ultimately want UK (Kentucky) to win and if they don't then Louisville is my other pick.

My DH's best friend who passed away last July was a HUGE UK fan and they had talked about going to the game if UK got into the Final 4. I offered to go with my DH if he wanted to as I know this was something he was looking forward to with his friend but he said, he would just stay home and watch it since his friend couldn't go; he did ask for me to sit and watch that whole game with Saturday night (I'm usually drifting in and out doing things around the house, or reading) but I will watch the UK/Louisville fro beginning to end in support of my DH.

Carri: So, I just posted and said how I was supportive of DH--I want you to know that comes and goes! lol We have been married 24 years come this October and you are right, marriage is a lot of work and that is because it is a committment.

I know you and your DH will come to an understanding but it does feel badly at times when a couple is disagreeing. Just say I love you and I want to move on from that. If you can agree on whatever it was work to it and if you can't then agree to disagree and figure what you can live with and what you can't, present that to the other person and then just move on as you can.

I agree that Kim on BL is looking a little older than she was and I do think its because she is tanning so much. While I am NOT a Conda fan, I have to admit she is looking good and you know I think she is a pretty girl..on the outside..not so sure about on the inside.

Dreamer: Great loss for you! I hope things goes well with the apartment application.

Mandy: You are right that just giving up will only get you back to 300 lbs and you DON'T want to go back there. It is frustrating when you don't see the scales moving but you know they will start again..you just need to hang in there.

I think you should add more protein to your diet and make sure your carbs are complex carbs.

You said you didn't know how much to exercise or how much to eat. Have you looked online for one of the sites that will tell you how much to eat and work out to loose a set number of weight from where you are at?

Also, I think maybe changing what you do with your workouts might happen. I remember one night on BL Bob was talking about doing your regular workout backwards. I can't remember all what he said, but I bet if you google it you can find it. He said it helps to break a plateau.

So, last night I had a BIG gain! Two pounds in two weeks. That is why I don't miss meetings very often and why I was stressed that we might not have a TOPS group after last night.

However, things got worked out and our Leader said she would keep the position but asked for help with certain things and people did step up for those.

I have set new goals for myself. No Excuses this time!

I put my weight in my Lose it App and said I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week and it tells me my daily calorie intake amount is 1876 and I should reach my first goal of 270 by June 16.

There's my stats ladies...keep me to them. I need some tough love and a lot of support! I am an emotional eater and for the next few weeks I will be searching ways to not comfort myself with food when those emotionals come.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 03-30-2012 at 02:53 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #186  
It is what it is...

Morning All ...well we did the weigh in this morning for the work contest and I am still in the lead, but just barely ....me and this guy are really close, and you know how men can lose more...plus he tends to do drastic things in the last week just to win so I probably don't have a chance....next week is our last weigh in, I think the prize is about 100.00 which would be nice...I would spend it on a couple pairs of capri's...want some jean ones for this Summer ....I was down two pounds on this scale so will probably be the same for my weigh in at home this weekend but we will see...

Tonight the girls at work and I are all going out for a 40th bday celebration for one of the girls here and we are going to TGI Fridays...gonna try and be good and order something lower, also not going to have any of the cake I ordered for her yesterday, which will be hard since I am such a icing whore, lol

Susie - I know you put Dee's name on your post, but I know it was to me from what you were saying haha ....and yes things with dh are back to normal, like every couple we just go thru things...I know you know what I mean with your lengthy marriage....yes I do think Conda is very pretty...and like you said this is just on the outside because she has a lot of things she needs to change about her immature personality.

Mandy - sorry I don't have more advice...I have lost 17 pds with no exercise so I am not a good one to give ya advice on that

So glad it is Friday, so need the weekend, think if it doesnt rain we are going to do more yard work, putting mulch down and stuff.

Have a great day everyone...will check in over the weekend and post by weigh in results. See ya

Carri
Old 03-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #187  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Submitted apt apps last night *fingers crossed* we should hear back mid next week!

236.6 this am...not recording it on ticker till sun or mon though. glad I am back to my average of a new decade a month *whew* I was worried for a bit I wouldn't make it into the 230's in march. Now just to make it into the 220's in april (with moving and all that will be a challenge yikes!)

Mandy- maybe try to replace 1 night of weight training with cardio only. Cardio does build muscle because you are using muscles to perform the actions just not at the rate weight training does. i found when i started running last year i didn't lose AT ALL when i ran but when I didn't I lost a TON and it wasn't muscle I was losing either it was cause my body was tired.

carri- im sure you can beat him. oh and there should be rules at work against drastic measures

susie - THANKS! and gl on making your goal! im sure youll do it!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #188  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Y'all April Fool's Day was early & hit today. We had a 2 hour blizzard, 1" of snow & the temp is 38* today.

Last edited by miniDoodles; 05-21-2012 at 07:36 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #189  

Height: 5'7"

Had a great on-plan day yesterday and was able to talk myself out of having a ice cream bar about 9:30 p.m. I would have been within my calorie numbers but I wanted to feel as if I had power over that ice cream bar so I took my book, got in bed and read until I feel asleep.

Dee: THANK YOU for the tough love and for the 21 (3 week) reminder and making it a challange. Right now that is my goal, to not eat for comfort for 21 days and stay in my calorie range.

Good for you for saying what you did to your TOPS club. I sort of gave a similar speech on Thursday. Sometimes we need to kick those we love to get motivated!

Time to get busy and do some house cleaning. Have a great Saturday and work towards the you that you want to be.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #190  
Sandee

Hi Mandy, Cassie & Enygirl we enjoy it when we share our menu's or log-in our daily foods here. It helps us to be accountable & gives us ideas to cook & try Sooo if you feel like sharing your food, please do. Also like Susie did >(able to talk myself out of having a ice cream bar about 9:30 p.m)<
Please, share your victories often w us TY.

Have a fun April 1st, Sunday. Dee We're on the same team @ 3FC, w the same reasons

Last edited by miniDoodles; 05-21-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #191  
It is what it is...

Evening all. Just a quick drop in for my weigh in results this morning. Down another 2. So now I have lost 18 pds since Feb 9th. I feel really good.

Have a good weekend all

Carri
Old 03-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #192  

i am going to try the 'eat more, weigh less' plan.... crazy i know! but i am going to post a few things to my blog, and if you want to read about i encourage it.

Info: http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs...ore-weigh-less

i realize i am going to have a gain initially on this method, but if you have seen my posts around the site then you know i am not one of those who can just eat less and less and don't like the idea of eating less than BMR. i get grumpy, mean, unhappy, and i'm hungry!

i have seen several "yay for me" type posts where it has worked out for many women. i am willing to risk the gain in order to start losing again.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #193  
Sandee

Mandy Good Luck, I know You can do it!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #194  

the hard part right now is trying to get in enough calories without eating so much i feel sick. it's a problem i never thought i'd have to deal with. the issue is getting to my calorie goal, with 40% from protein. when you add in that much protein to your diet... it's almost impossible to eat that much.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

Good morning Onderlander's lol

I weighed in at 198.6 last Fri, woohoo!

Still can't believe it but my clothes show me otherwise,
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote