Old 09-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #31  
It is what it is...

Good Afternoon everyone ...yes I seem to be clicking again ...gonna wait and weigh in a couple of weeks...wanna see below 210 next time I hop on there...

Auntie G and Arabella - we are the three constants on here that keep coming back and not getting into ONderland !! But we CAN do it ...I feel like I am not that far off at 212 that I cant turn this crap around.

Liz - that would be hard, I absolutely LOVE hamburgars ...loved them grilled and put on a bun with all the fixings..so now I am hungry, haha ...good to hear you are doing so well...you are the one right now that keeps the rest of us going with your onederland adventure ...

Mel - I dont do so well on the weekends either ...especially during football season...but you are doing a great job in general so I wouldnt worry about it...

Well almost have the work day over with and then I get to go home, really need to get to the grocery store but am too lazy tonight...talk to you gals later.

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

My water heater burst a few hours ago. I wonder why I think chocolate will fix it. I'm starting to see the insanity of this whole thing... Maybe I should try duct tape on the tank and over my mouth!

Carri, you're getting so close! You can do it this time! I've had it with this up and down crap (well, mostly the UP!) Let's stick it out and beat it once and for all!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #33  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up

I gave myself special dispensation to eat in front of the TV last night and only ate what I would have eaten at the table. However, I know it's the slippery slope -- can't do that often or I'll be right back out of control.

Auntie g, it is sadly true that chocolate is an ineffective fix for a broken water heater -- or most other mechanical problems. Only pretty much good for one thing, chocolate. But so good that I always felt like it deserved its own food category. Woohoo for 2 off!

Carri, yeah, 212 is not far off and you lose pretty quickly when you get going. As for that getting going thing? Yes! Let's do it! I'm not fully clicked yet, I don't think -- maybe the belt doesn't quite go around yet.

Liz, I like your hamburger solution. Such a simple way to cut the calories in half without sacrificing the taste. I love burgers too!

Mel, weekends off? I guess I cut me some slack on the weekends, too. A few drinks, a treat or two.

K, gotta get more and then go for a little run and get ready for work. Let's make this one count!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #34  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

I'm sorry about your water heater Auntie G. I hate when things go bad in my house too.
Arabella-I finally decided if I don't get a little bit of a break on the weekends that I would get burnt out with the whole calorie counting thing. I don't go nuts but I get a few things that I normally wouldn't during the week

I think this weeks weigh in is not going to be good...I still feel really bloated with TOM even though its suppose to be over tmw. I feel like all my energy has been zapped out of me for some reason. As long as I don't gain I will be ok with it.
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #35  
It is what it is...

Morning All - I had a really good day yesterday and was able to resist tempation..I had a whole box of Suzie Q's in my house ...my dh ate two right in front of me...I dont know how I didnt slap him ...i did have a bite but didnt have a whole one and that is my FAVORITE snack cake besides of course the ding dong, haha ...so I am getting back in the groove.

Auntie G - sorry to hear about the water heater...it is always something huh? and I am like you, I would have went straight to my chocolate ding dong if anything major happened...and thanks for the encouragement...I need it right now...

Arabella - sadly dh and I eat in the living room in front of the tv at every meal...I have two nice tables ( one in kitchen and one in dining room ) that we never use unless company is over ...I havent seen that it has had much effect on me ( when I am doing well ) ...but I do tend to snack more there.

Mel - I get that way too ...TOM is bad ...maybe you skip this weeks weigh in and see a bigger loss next week ?

Hi Liz !!

Talk to you guys later, have a great OP day !!!

Carri
Old 09-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #36  
One Day at a Time...

I did a level 1 day of 30DS and now I remember why I hate it so bad...it kicks my backside lol It just seems to be really hard on my knees (with all the jumping jacks and jump rope moves). But I made it through the video and I'm glad I did it. I have been very good today with my diet...lets hope it stays that way for the week and I get good results Saturday! We all have to keep our spirits up
Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #37  

OK, water heater's replaced, hurray! But today DH got injured at work, and I don't know how this mess is gonna go. The good news is... I did NOT buy chocolate! That's really kind of amazing, if I do say so myself. Now if only I could watch Biggest Loser tonight, but, alas... It will have to wait until tomorrow. Everything's in a tizzy here. But there's no chocolate, and I will survive!

Keep going, girls!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Auntie g - Glad to hear about your water heater, but that's too bad about your DH!! I hope he's OK??

Arabella - Eating in front of the TV becomes mindless for a lot of people - it just goes together somehow, doesn't it?? I still do it but my snacks are preplanned, so when they're gone they're gone. It's going OK although I do think like you - it's better not to associate TV with eating.

Carri - Glad to hear things are going well!

Mel - It took me a minute but I get it now, 30 day shred, right? Good for you!!

Things are good here, DH is on holidays but we're just staying home, relaxing and taking the kids to a few local spots to hang out. Hope everybody has a great day!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #39  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Exclamation Slipped on the slope

I knew better -- eating in front of the TV, even in control, makes me more likely to do it again. And next time the control might be lacking -- which is what happened to me yesterday. Today's a new day, though, and back to plan.

I went for a long walk this morning before sunrise. It was nice and peaceful, cool enough for a sweater but not freezing. Pretty around the harbour. Then I came back and showered, listened to my audio. The audio ends with counting up to 7 and "wide awake, wide awake" but I have to say I was not. I could have just crawled into bed and gone to sleep. But got up and had breakfast and now trying to make myself get some work done.

Mel, what's 30 Day Shred all about? My butt could use some kickin'

Auntie g, yay for the water heater and boo for the DH injury -- hope it's all better in no time!

Carri, we eat dinner in front of the TV here just about all the time too. My real problem is when I'm by myself -- sneak eater, I am. How childish is that?

Liz, time off at home is my favorite, unless I can be on the shore. DH likes to travel when he has time off -- told him I'm not going next time.

Okay -- where did this morning go? I'd better get some actual work done. Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 09-22-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #40  
It is what it is...

Good morning All - got another great OP day under my belt yesterday, starting to feel in control again and like I am gonna head back down in numbers again...feeling good , positive

Biggest Loser was good last night, ya know i love that show...it seemed like alot of them had horrible things in their past ...that is all I will say in case I am giving spoilers ( sorry Auntie G , haha ) ...but the show always keeps me motivated and on plan ...

Auntie G - keep us updated on dh ...hope all is okay...I know we taked on FB last night about your water heater, cant believe how expensive things are these days.

Arabella - that walk sounds heavenly with the cooler weather...yesterday it was 95 here !! We actually broke a record for highest temp in Sept ...it should be about 20 less than that right now ...it really sucks !! I want my Fall temps !! and I am also a sneak eater ...I cant get down ALOT more food when I am by myself and no one can see me

Liz - enjoy your little vacation with dh and kids...I like to stay home on vacation too, cheaper and get to sleep in your own bed

Mel - good job on the 30ds ...hope the knees get to feeling better on it, bet it will after you do it for a while ...

Well I better get back to work ...just had my breakfast and need to get some more water in ...have a good one !!

Carri
Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #41  

Another work day down the drain... Had to run DH around to the doctor and to fill out paperwork, since he can't drive yet (he injured his knee.) He's starting to figure out how to get around on crutches, but it sure is easier in wide open parking lot than inside the house! Still chocolate free here...

Arabella, like Carri, we always eat in front of the TV. I don't even know why we have kitchen and dining room tables! Oh yeah, to pile mail on! I think it could be possible to eat less that way, actually-by not having the "extra" food near you, if you don't go back for seconds, that is!

Mel, good luck with that 30DS! I don't think my knees would enjoy that very much either, but if you can handle it, go get 'em!

Carri, are those Suzie Qs still safe and sound? Don't worry about spoilers for BL- it's way too soon to matter. I'm going to try to watch it today, as long as I can keep DH and my puppy daughter comfortable. I'm not getting much down time these days, and fitting in a 2 hour show? Sigh... At least there's always a lot of repetition and commercials to fast forward through...

Liz, hope you're having a nice stay at home vacation!

Guess I better figure out some lunch. I haven't eaten for 8 hours now, and I'm getting close to the danger zone! Have a good day, all!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #42  
One Day at a Time...

I havent done the 30DS again since I have been SUPER sore from it...I was really surprised that I am this sore. I have been doing alot of walking and staying on my diet. I am afraid to push it bc I am so sore and I don't want it to get worse. Lets cross out fingers for a little success Sat!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #43  
It is what it is...

Morning, had another good day yesterday, did sneak a peak at the scales this morning and was 213 ...but not changing my numbers below as I figure I can get thast pound off this weekend, haha

We are going to the Earth festival this weekend, it has alot of crafts to buy and different booths and of course festival food, so gonna try and stay clear of that part of it ...but my birthday is next Weds the 29th so I will be having a cheat meal that night, so trying to stay good until my birthday and just have that one day off.

Auntie G - yes the suzie q's are still safe and sound....for now....haha ...

Have a great day everyone !!!

Carri
Old 09-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

A bit of a fly by post but wanted to say hi! Hope everybody has a great day - Mel hope you're feeling less sore soon but at least you know it's a good sore! Carri have fun at the festival! Auntie g WTG on still being chocolate free!! I can't say the same, I found these vita muffin things that are 100 calories and they're chocolate - SO GOOD! It's my new favourite snack, I feel like I'm cheating but I'm not! YAY!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #45  
One Day at a Time...

Those muffins sound super yummy Liz!!

Hope you have fun at the festival Carri!

Yay for being chocolate free Auntie!

Arabella-30DS is a video by Jillian Micheals...your suppose to do it everyday for 30 days.

I really really want to be able to move those tickers Sat!!

Last edited by Rtsmme4life; 09-23-2010 at 01:26 PM.