Old 01-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #496  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Back at it

I'm back on track starting yesterday. Was struck by the thought that if I just stuck to only eating at the table when I'm alone for the whole year, I'd probably be at goal at the end of it. So that's my main resolution.

I'm counting points, getting lots of exercise, etc. but that one simple thing makes it SO much easier to stay in control. When I let myself sit in front of the TV to eat, it might work out fine the first few times but then I hit a rough patch and !BLAMMO!!! Binge city.

I've gotten between 10,000 and 16,000 steps a day since Christmas. Where's that patting self on back smiley?

To the newbies!

Everybody: This is our year. Let's HIT IT!

Last edited by Arabella; 01-04-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #497  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back Auntie and Arabella!
Glad you had a great New years Carri!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #498  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone: Quick post here. I'm about to leave work and then head to the gym. I have about a hour commute.

My food has been good today--I feel so much better about myself eating like this. I forgot how good "in-control" feels!

I'll be watching the Biggest Loser tonight. I see that a few on her will be doing that as well. Anyone else cry when they see those people get on the scales?

Arabella: Very nice to meet you and I love your idea of eating at the table only when you are alone. I know that when I'm at home alone and I go to eat, I do it anywhere but at the table and it is very hard to control how much I'm eating. I'll try your idea. Thanks for sharing it.

auntie g: I don't eat meat at all, so I like your idea of a "meatless" philly cheese steak!

So great to read everyone's posts! See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #499  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept15lija View Post
T - Yeah it can be a challenge, eh?? We had a really hard time for a while at preschool, luckily I could stay there with him until he was ready for me to leave, but he gradually got better - I was worried about leaving him today for the first day after the holidays, but happily he did great. Sounds like our kids are about the same distance apart? My DD is 11 months, and DS will be 3 in 2 weeks, they're 2 years and 2 weeks apart.

Carri - Good luck! I can't give up my diet soda. I am VERY addicted to caffeine, it's terrible! I'll try to tune in to Biggest Loser, I generally forget to watch particular shows but I'll do my best - I do enjoy it when I remember to watch! Thanks, I am happy with my arms when they are down...but there is loose skin underneath which really bothers me. Oh well - just have to remember not to raise my hand!!!

Mel - Thanks! Glad to hear you're feeling better -and your crockpot meal sounds great, I have to dig mine out! That's one of my resolutions, to cook more - we're all about what's easy around here.
Aww, well glad he didn't have any problems getting back on track. That's always hard.

Very close. Mine are 2 years and 10 days apart.
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #500  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satine View Post
Morning Girls !!! I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve !!! I did, spent it at a friends house with dh and we had a great time ...few drinks, nice dinner ...got home around 1:30 ...great time...and now onto 2011 !!!!

I am really digging my feet in this year and I am doing what I normally do which is make one change a week until I am in full diet mode, this way ( as you know ) I dont freak out ...this week it is no soda ...which is gonna kill me for two reasons ...one caffiene wdl and two I just love the darn stuff ....Cherry Coke has been my weakness for weeks now !!! haha

Looks like I have missed way too much in the past 3 days to do individual posts but do wanna say LIZ - your pics looks great ....your arms look so small in the new dress pics....you are a hottie !!!

Biggest Loser starts tonight for the new season - I know Auntie G and I will be watching - anyone else ?

Hi to everyone !!!!! Have a great day !!!

Carri
Omg, how did I miss this part of your post!?

I will be watching.
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Uh oh, the posts are piling up on me already! LOL, thought I better do a drive by.

Arabella, glad to see you back! And on track, too, woo hoo! How are those roly poly shoes working out? I got a pair for Christmas, but haven't given them a go yet.

Mel, thanks!

Susie, you GO, girl! Glad you're feeling in control! And my meatless cheesesteak was delicious! I don't generally care much about meat, so if I can skip it to save on points, I'm all for it!

T- yep, always glad for another BL fan! I'm hoping to make it through a whole season without eating anything bad while I watch! LOL!

Have a good night and great Wednesday, all!

auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #502  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning gals!!

Well I forgot to watch BL, how was it? DH was hogging the TV anyways, and I got a copy of Thin for Life from the library - so far it's pretty interesting! I don't know if anyone's read it but it works on giving a positive spin to the terrible stats of dieting in terms of keeping the weight off - I'm glad to read it after I read, oh what was it, can't remember the title - but anyways it was very negative about whether or not it's possible to keep weight off for any length of time.

auntie g - Glad you enjoyed your meatless cheesesteak! I have to admit I've never had a cheesesteak, meatless or otherwise. I'll have to give one a go someday!

Arabella - YAY on being back on track, and I second auntie g's question about the shoes, I am still debating getting a pair!

T - Wow, yeah pretty much the same distance, lol. Today I'm a little sad, DS goes to grandma's all day today (Dh's mom). My mom is coming here to watch DD. I just thought it'd be easier on my mom not to have both of them, so I split them up. Our schedule is a little weird - but we're trying things out to see how it works. Anyhow momma is a little teary but I'll get over it!!

Hope everybody has a great day!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #503  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Susie- yay for eating right!
T- Hope you had a great day
Auntie-Hi!!
Liz-It's always sad to say goodbye to one of your kids,even for just a few hours! I am terrified about Logan going to kindergarten next year, I just don't think he is ready.

My kids are 2 years and less then a month apart...guess we all spaced our kids out the same lol I wouldn't mind having another but DH says no more lol Hope you all have a great day, I will check in later.
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #504  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Just back from a walk around the harbour to the gym, lifted weights, came back for 15 mins So far, so... excellent! Over 14,000 steps yesterday.

T, I record BL and will watch it at some point. I find the hype annoying (which is the same reason I can't watch Oprah very often) but it's great to see people succeeding.

Liz, you look FANTASTIC! And a wolf whistle.

Suzie, I do find limiting my eating to the table helps keep me in control. The problem is that it always seems like such a treat to eat snuggled up on the couch and watch TV. But the sad truth is that I know where it gets me. So I'm getting my head around the idea of considering a nice cup of tea or a decaf latte to be treat enough.

Carri, the good thing about quitting soda is that that single change can make a big difference. Which means I need to be thinking about my coffee with cream habit... oh crap! Black coffee here I come.

Auntie g, winter's here so I'm in boots again. I do like my roly-poly shoes, though and find they make my feet happy. Now I'm thinking I need to get the boots too. But I'll probably have to wait until I wear these boots out.

Don't try to wear them for too long at first. They feel very odd initially and a lot of people find they have sore muscles.

Mel, congrats on your Applebee's victory! Can you imagine how many more calories you could have had there? I bet there could easily be 2000 in the difference. It's incredible how fattening some restaurant meals are.

out there today. Guess I'll dry my hair and slap on the war paint and be on my way. Let's make this a good one!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #505  

Arabella - Thanks!! And btw, I've been meaning to say, I'm so impressed by the number of steps you take!! I wonder how many I take - not many I know as I'm home most of the day. Should get a pedometer and check it out - might give me incentive to take more!

Mel - Yeah I guess we did all space our kids about the same! lol I would like one more too but DH is pretty adamant about 2 being good enough. I am kind of looking forward to getting out of the baby stage as we're teething right now, but I know once it's past I'll forget all about it and want another one!

Jeez anyone noticing I'm posting more?? haha - just goes to show you, I have more time when I'm in my office than I do when I'm with my kids, I guess it's just to be expected, since I'm in front of my computer all day.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #506  

Hey ladies!! Just noticed we're over 500 replies, so I started a new thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...-here-4-a.html