Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #196  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

Diyana~ LOL how funny!!! ya if that was the case i dont think i would get very far bc its a whole different world when your eating tons of veggies and all that good stuff......as you all know i imagine lol

Redballoon~ Thanks for having me!!!

Miriam~ Thanks for the welcome im def glad to be a part of this!!!

So Im on day 4 of No SODA lol here in Ohio we say pop but i dont wanna get people confused lol also day 4 of lots of water & 1400 cal days.............it is def tough but im gonna do it!!!! good luck today everyone!!!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #197  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Nikkic - A lot of Midwesterners refer to Soda as Pop. Not being a native Wisconsinite, I still call it soda. Too funny. Good for you for doing so well in cutting out the Pop and not the poop!

Here's where I'm at:
Journal everything AND count WW points - 0 pauses allowed - Day 11 completed
64 ounces of water - 0 pauses allowed - Day 11 completed
Stay within WW points - 3 pauses allowed - Day 11 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 3 pauses allowed - Day 11 completed
1/2 hour cardio - 3 pauses allowed - Day 11 completed
50 crunches - 3 pauses allowed - Day 11 completed
Old 01-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #198  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Vitamins - (1 pause allowed) day 3 completed
Water - (1 pause allowed)- day 3 completed
Exercise - (headache allowing) (3 pauses allowed) - day 3 completed
Don't skip meals (3 pauses allowed) - day 3 completed

Hiya all! I don't like the weekends. Need my structure. That may be a horrible thing to say as I only really get to spend a decent amount of time with the family over the weekend, but it's true. Maybe I'm just a control freak or something.

I've had some weird female problems recently and that really screws my eating up, because I find myself wanting to eat all the wrong things. Hmph.

Almost gave exercise a miss today because of the migraine, but I managed the jump rope and squats, so that's something..

Nikki - WTG on your progress! BTW - a challenge of no poop would have been pointless for weight loss

Diyana - I sure wish someone would start some Zumba here! I downloaded some of it but it's not the same as going to a class at all. And I also would like to hit the computer monitor! One night I had been working on a database file for about 6 hours at work, and then all of the sudden something happened and the document disappeared! Don't ask - I was soooooo frustrated, I banged the desk really hard with my fist and the monitor, computer and printer all went off..... <sheepish grin> What could I say? "Oops" somehow didn't seem good enough.. Took the techie guy a long time to fix.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #199  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

I am totally overwhelmed, really bad. The tumor on my one cat is getting bigger by the day, the other cat I left the diapers off for one night and the bed is soaked. I am having serious second thoughts about moving my horse, bad dreams and there is no sight of work. I don't know if the second thoughts and bad dreams are just grown out of my fear or if they are things I should listen to.
It's all utterly confusing.
I have not had a time like this in years. What is going on? Someone out there, please HELP!!

Oh, but I DID keep my challenge going.....

Good Things Log Day 17 completed 0 pauses taken

I am starting to wonder if it's not a meaningless practice to write down the good (if you can call them that) things while ignoring a lot of really bad things? It seems like denial, misrepresentation, bias. What do you think?

Last edited by redballoon; 01-23-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:09 AM   #200  
Never give up

A crazy day today. Really too much. My head was a mess from morning. It must be pms crazies, which usually happens to me on one day only. This had to be it. Anyhow, I'm better and I can actually imagine miriam's spiral analogy. I do somehow feel stronger now, well, not stronger in the sense that I can do more, but stronger in that I think I know better what to do when I get the crazies...talk things over like I did but DON'T make decisions -- doing and undoing them in the span of hours and looking like a true nutcase. Oh, well, it had to be. I have decided to go ahead with my original plans. I DID get a better deal moneywise thanks to my persistence and though I may have alienated one party, what's done is done.

And, a true thing for the good things log. A friend gave me an extra bike she had. I was able to take my cat to the vet on the bike instead of walking the 20 mins with the carrying case. And I bicycled to the gym. (My bike was stolen back in October and I hadn't bought one....thought I'd wait til the spring, but now I have one. )
Old 01-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #201  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

It is never a mistake to think of and remember the good things of life. Writing them down is another method of ensuring that they are not forgotten. Thankfully it seems you have some friends who will go out of their way to do nice things for you and the bike will give you some freedom that you have missed. And you don't have to shell out precious cash to pay for it.
I'm sorry to hear of the cats problems, you will have some more sorrow in your life soon, but you will get comfort out of the fact that they are no longer suffering.

I'm sticking to the script for food anyway but am not challenging myself. It's too difficult when I am either working long hours, or am travelling around the countryside. Yesterday, I got a young friend to commit to doing my garden while I am away. DS2 can keep up with the house and isn't doing a bad job, but the garden is suffering, hence L and his simpering girlfriend who are saving to buy a house.

And having said that, I'd better go out and water a few things before they shrivel into dust.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #202  
Creating a Healthier Me

Red - I'm so, so sorry to hear your cats' health is getting worse. Shad is right that it will be very sad to let them go, but at least there is comfort knowing they won't be suffering any longer. I'm glad you were able to sort out in your mind what you need to do and saved some money in the process. That's WONDERFUL that your friend gave you a bike so you have a healthy mode of transport! Definitely something for the Good Things log, which btw, I'm very impressed you're writing in every day!

Shad - You are so right. It's never a bad thing to focus on and remember the good things in life. Good for you for staying OP with your eating, despite all the traveling and long hours. So nice that you were able to arrive at a mutually beneficial arrangement with your friend to tend your garden.

Miriam - As much as I LOVE weekends, they are definitely a challenge when it comes to staying OP. I hope the female problems ease up, so you can get your eating back OP. Jump rope and squats with a migraine! Good for you!! I'm impressed. When I get migraines...any movement makes it worse.

Sorry I didn't get in here yesterday. Had lots to do and a short time to do it before football watching. On Saturday, I had a great Zumba class and then did 1/2 hour of Wii Fit later in the day. Yesterday, I did 40 minutes of Wii Fit while watching one of the football playoff games. I'm feeling a little "heavy" these past couple days since pigging out at dinner for me and DH's first date anniversary. I'm hoping it's just my imagination and/or I can exercise it off between now and weigh in.

Here's where I'm at:
Journal everything AND count WW points - 0 pauses allowed - Day 13 completed
64 ounces of water - 0 pauses allowed - Day 13 completed
Stay within WW points - 3 pauses allowed - Day 13 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 3 pauses allowed - Day 13 completed
1/2 hour cardio - 3 pauses allowed - Day 13 completed
50 crunches - 3 pauses allowed - Day 13 completed
Old 01-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #203  
Never give up

Thanks Shad and diyana. I just finished a short, but extremely time-consuming, story and have mailed it off to London. On the phone to the Philippines for that was a hassle!
Yes, I am continuing the Good Things Log and finding it oddly comforting...not to read, but to write. I guess it's not so much denying that unpleasant things are happening but it helps me think that they are not the ONLY things happening. So, it helps with balance. Like today....I definitely overate but I did get fresh vegetables in me....among other good things, like getting that story out! Hurrah! Challenge count tomorrow....
Thanks all!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #204  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi Red - Great job on completing the story and getting it mailed off! Definitely another good thing for your log! It is comforting and can help with perspective that you acknowledge that good things are happening too. Good for you for eating fresh veggies!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #205  
Taking care of me.

Hey ladies, hope everyone is enjoying the new week. Mine is proving to be frustrating.

I love me - (pause 0/1)- day 21 completed WOO HOO 1ST CHALLENGED COMPLETED

10 toe tap jacks - (pause 1/1)- day 20 completed
Old 01-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #206  
Creating a Healthier Me

Congrats, Marcia, on completing the I Love Me challenge. Are you going to continue it? How about the Toe Tap Jacks, are you ready to increase the number? You're doing great!!! I'm so proud of you!!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #207  
Never give up

Cool

Just for the record....

Good Things Log Day 19 completed 0 pauses taken

By the way, what's with these horrible adds lately???!?!
"Prof. Vural acquitted..." Who is he? Who cares? And why are these kind of ads on 3fc?!?!??!
Does anyone else see them or are they regional? Maybe it was a type of virus....

Last edited by redballoon; 01-26-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #208  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey Red - I saw that Professor whatever ad too. And I was like WTF? I can understand ads targeted to weight loss (like Jillian), but I wasn't sure of the connection between weight loss and that Professor dude...and I sure as heck didn't want to click on his ad to find out. You're definitely doing great on the Good Things log, and inspiring me to start one of my own.

I did Zumba and strength training last night, and I'm sore today, but it's a good sore (except when I try and walk up the stairs). Tonight is more Zumba.

Journal everything AND count WW points - 0 pauses allowed - Day 14 completed
64 ounces of water - 0 pauses allowed - Day 14 completed
Stay within WW points - 3 pauses allowed - Day 14 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 3 pauses allowed - Day 14 completed
1/2 hour cardio - 3 pauses allowed - Day 14 completed
50 crunches - 3 pauses allowed - Day 14 completed

Here's to a great day for all of us!

Last edited by diyana; 01-26-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #209  
Taking care of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyana View Post
Congrats, Marcia, on completing the I Love Me challenge. Are you going to continue it? How about the Toe Tap Jacks, are you ready to increase the number? You're doing great!!! I'm so proud of you!!

Thanks Diyana. Yes I'm going to continue the challenges, officially starting again on 2-1-10. On the jacks, most days I did 20, so I will be making the challenge 20 jacks.

10 toe tap jacks - (pause 1/1)- day 21 completed

Great work on your challenges ladies. KEEP IT UP.

Work is $%$##^& this week so I'll be back next week with my next set of challenges. May even add a new one?

Last edited by MoveMoveMove; 01-26-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #210  
Creating a Healthier Me

Marcia - Congrats on completing the toe tap jacks challenge. Sorry to hear you're having a bad week at work. I hope it gets better for you. Hang in there.

Red - How are you doing?

Shad - Are you back at work? I hope things are going well for you.

I had a great time at Zumba last night. Tonight after work, I've got a few errands to run, then I'll be doing Wii Fit.

Journal everything AND count WW points - 0 pauses allowed - Day 145 completed
64 ounces of water - 0 pauses allowed - Day 15 completed
Stay within WW points - 3 pauses allowed - Day 15 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 3 pauses allowed - Day 15 completed
1/2 hour cardio - 3 pauses allowed - Day 15 completed
50 crunches - 3 pauses allowed - Day 15 completed
Closed Thread