Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #241  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Yay!!!

Weigh in went well this week! I had a really : I lost 2.2 lbs this week. Hopefully I'll be in the two teens by next week! Doing the happy dance!!
Old 02-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 160.5/157/120

Default I like the challenge

my everyday 21 day challenge:

Less than 1500 calories a day, 2 pauses
More than 5000 steps a day, 0 pause:
dizzy:
I start small to hopefully succeed and build up on it.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #243  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink

No time to post now and I haven't written in my good things for yesterday, but there were so many I am afraid of today because I feel yesterday was just too good to have come for nothing. Oh, warped thinking, me.
Let's hope yesterday was a promise of better things to come, inserted in there by the cosmic powers that be, to keep me alive.

diyana -- Hurrah for your weight loss!! You must have been doing something right!! Aim for those teens!! You can do it!
Yes, the politeness in Japanese is a matter of form. The words, the actions are all there but it is not from the heart. They are set, everything. You don't have to think, just say the words, do the actions. And then people will nod their head and be satisfied. You can talk the talk! Of course, there ARE sincerely polite, kind, compassionate Japanese, oh yes, but the thing that always hits newcomers to Japan is the FORM. That comes form a culture that places huge importance on form and it IS nice. It comes from a culture that was developed to keep people in line and to keep them from getting their heads taken off with a swing of the sword. You could (and many do) be cursing the person you're bowing to under your breath, but you will keep your head!! Naturally, Japanese are human and this politeness is but the cover on the book. Whenever us longterm residents hear people going on about how polite the Japanese, we roll our eyes and say, "You haven't been here very long, have you?"
Yes, diyana, I should come to Wisconsin. I love going to the States because of the diversity. This is what is lacking here and what makes it very boring and leads to people, including myself, starting to stare when we see someone that is, oh my GOD! not like all the others. I will endeavor (no matter how much a stretch of the imagination it may be) to imagine myself the swan amongst the ducklings.

immunized -- Welcome!

Last edited by redballoon; 02-04-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #244  

Thanks for the welcome red balloon!
I used to love a French movie called red balloon!

Today was very good Day #1
< than 1500 calories. I had 1100
>than 5000 steps i walked 7000
Good start

Last edited by immunized; 02-05-2010 at 03:06 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 02-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #245  
Creating a Healthier Me

Immunized - Welcome!! Those are great challenges, and yes, a very great start. I want to caution you not to eat too few calories. I've been there and done that...and when you don't eat enough calories your body tends to hold on to fat/weight.

Red - I so hope that all the good things yesterday were just a promise of things to come. Be happy with each and every one! And be eager for all the good things today might/will bring. Thanks for the support/encouragement! Thanks for the mini lesson in Japanese culture. How long have you lived in Japan? What brought you there in the first place? And, girlfriend, you are MOST DEFINITELY A SWAN!

Yesterday afternoon was crazy busy. I'm glad I walked on my lunch hour. I didn't get the crunches or planks in though. My meeting with a client ran long, so I didn't get to Zumba either, but did make it in time for my meeting with my coach/trainer to review my successes/challenges and set new goals and action plans - which are essentially my 21-day challenge goals.

Journal everything AND count WW points - 0 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 2 completed
64 ounces of water - 0 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 2 completed
Stay within WW points - 2 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 2 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 3 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 2 completed
45 min. of cardio - 3 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 2 completed
50 crunches - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Round 2 - Day 1 completed
1 minute of planks - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Round 2 - Day 1 completed
Old 02-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #246  

Diyana
Thanks for your message.
You are absolutely right for the reasonable amount of calories. I have to be careful otherwise it will defeat my purpose.
I am happy to do this challenge with you guys
Old 02-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #247  
Never give up

Wink

Yes, as feared, yesterday did not seem like a very good day. I am more confused than ever by what is expected and/or allowed me at the new riding club and I am again feeling sick to my stomach with anxiety and a feeling of being deceived...I think the guy who runs it is a bit of a kook who flip flops constantly. I was told I couldn't ride my horse now until I pay more money...ok, she is being boarded for cheap, but that was not the initial agreement. I don't want to push or get angry because 1) I don't know where else to go and 2) this may not be so bad for my horse. It's ME I'm worried about. Woke crying from a dream last night where I quit in the middle of my piano lesson and started crying to the teacher...Damn, loony tunes here. Piano lesson today.
All I can do is hope things work out after all.

Good Things Log Challenge Round 2 Day 9 completed 0 pauses taken

diyana -- I've been in Japan far, far too long, over 25 years, and I'm starting to seriously feel I have to get out because I am not developing or being allowed to thrive. But, let's leave talk of myself for now. It only makes me feel ill. I didn't mean to give you a lesson in Japanese culture and should just keep my mouth shut. Didn't mean to soapbox, but I suppose all these years here just make it very hard for me to stand by when I hear the old stereotypes about Japan and believe me, the Japanese are the first to perpetrate them. What brought me here? Fate? A bad joke? Korean Air Lines. No, I don't know. A whim, the need to move, a search for meaning, temporary insanity? It was a very bad time for me back then. I lived in Germany, then in India and was planning on going back to India, didn't get the visa right off so threw in the towel in disgust and used my ticket as far as Tokyo. Planned to stay 2 weeks...
Thanks for saying I'm a swan...I certainly don't feel like it.
Am currently absolutely disgusted with myself again for having broken my pledge to stay off booze and cigs till July. It was two weeks last night and I was doing fine, but a last-minute invitation from a former work mate came in on my phone and I took it. Damn. It could have been worse. I could have stayed out till dawn and spent money I don't have and used taxis to rack up the bill, but I didn't. So, the damage wasn't that bad but I feel awful today. Going to try it again. One slip does not a failure make, right!?
Oh, and diyana, a quick glance back and I see I've been totally out of it and missed your having completed all your challenges. Sorry about that and a big hand to you!!! I'm so glad you're here with us!!

immunized -- Good for you and congrats on a successful liftoff! You hit it on the nose when you mentioned the French movie. That is what I took my handle from, the balloon befriending the boy, him chasing it, the elusive ballon, a symbol of the body and lifestyle I want but have trouble getting a hold of. That and the fact, that, with my red hair, if I didn't stop gaining weight, I would soon be something of a balloon myself.
Actually, I don't remember it that well...think I saw it back when I was in second grade French class. Here it is...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...9735593908602#
and yes, now I watched it and I realize my memory was off. still, fine.
It made me cry, a little boy's affection for his ballon, the cruel world....I can only hope the balloons took the little boy to a better place...

Last edited by redballoon; 02-05-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #248  

Default Day #3

Still going great Day 3
Calories 1480 (< than 1500)
Steps 7500 (>5000)

Red Balloon
This is great to see the film again. Thank you so much for sending me the link.
I grew up in Paris and it is like I remember. It changed so much since!
Like you I did not remember the movie that well. It is very touching! the last scene is wonderful. I wish balloons would come and get me and take me for a little ride.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #249  
Creating a Healthier Me

Red - I really, genuinely appreciated the lesson in Japanese culture. No need to apologize...and NEVER EVER EVER feel you need to "shut up" or censor yourself on my account. And you are always welcome to soapbox. You are a friend and I want to hear everything. It sucks that the guy boarding your horse won't let you ride it. Did you happen to get any part of your agreement in writing? As for the slip up, it's not a big deal. I had a donut last week. Last night after working several hours at the Pet Expo, DH and I went out to a buffet and stuffed myself with yummy fattening food. And tonight, I'm trying to figure out how to work in lots of yummy, yummy snacks while watching the Super Bowl. And I feel really tired and sleepy today...so I don't know how much cardio I'll get in. But I did get a lot of exercise in yesterday.

Immunized - Glad to see you're doing so well on your calories and steps.

Journal everything AND count WW points - 0 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 4 completed
64 ounces of water - 0 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 4 completed
Stay within WW points - 2 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 4 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 3 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 4 completed
45 min. of cardio - 3 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 4 completed
50 crunches - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Round 2 - Day 3 completed
1 minute of planks - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Round 2 - Day 3 completed
Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #250  

Default Day #4

calories 1300 unless i forgot something
steps 5500
Diyana Enjoy the Super Bowl!!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #251  
Never give up

Unhappy

Don't think I did the log yet. Things are just too awful with me. I am truly losing hope of finding work and the money is nearly completely gone.
I have never had to try so hard to maintain my composure. I truly risk breaking down and crying at odd moments, so I am becoming afraid to even go outside.
I contact everyone I know and no one can help. Everyone says he or she knows nothing or is in need of work as well.
How to keep my head above water? Things such as weight loss or maintenance and fitness are jeopardized though I recognize their importance. I feel that if I can't find work to be even doing things that seem to be frivolous or to be done "only in your free time" are the first to fall by the wayside. Even playing the piano is getting emotionally tough because I can't evoke the energy to play what sounds so pretty, since my world is so different. Oh, I wish I had some help but no one seems to care except to say they are worried, which just makes me feel worse. How can things be so not in demand? Wow, how does the world keep going? Or I suppose my world is so small that battering my wings around in it in hopes of an escape is doing nothing but hurting me further.
Well, gotta keep fighting.

immunized -- Sounds good!

diyana -- Thanks as usual. No, the new place is perhaps one of the worst things I did. And I am regretting it so much. Not only am I worried sick about my horse's welfare I am lonely and pining to ride. To be ripped from the things I loved for years is too much. With two of my cats also deteriorating and me unable to do anything but stand by and watch, I am spending too much time crying and can do little, aggravated by the fact that my face gets all red and swollen. I have no friends who know what to do. They just say they are worried and that makes me even more more scared. Everyone I know is keeping his or her head down and holding on to their jobs. I never imagined things were this bad. Gosh, I really don't know what to do. Won't something happen to help me out?
Well, sorry to dump on you. I am starting to feel really bad about writing here and will probably stop. It's not the place for this kind of thing.
Well, you are looking good. At least someone is doing something worthwhile. Good for you!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Oh I would love to try this! I'm not sure what to put for the 'pause days' though. Any help with that?

My goals:
*1 hour of Wii Fit Daily
*20 minutes of 30 Day Shred Daily
*Take my doggie on at least a 20 minute walk Daily
*NO MORE SODA
Old 02-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #253  
Never give up

Bella, Welcome!! Did you read the very first post of this thread? That's where I try to explain everything. You don't "put" pause days any where. They are there for those "just in case" times, to fall back on so you don't have to start over from 0. But, if can "ace it," meaning really, really do your goals every single day then all the better. That was the original thread but I changed it to make it a bit easier and less discouraging for people. Please read that part and then see if you have any more questions. Glad I haven't scared everyone away with all my wailing and whining.
Bella, LOVE the dog!!

miriam, can you send me over a bit of that wall?!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #254  
Creating a Healthier Me

Bella - Welcome!!

Immunized - great job on the calories!

Red - I sent you a PM. I know you're going through a rough time. I'm sure you've checked all the job boards and those are probably different over there than they are here. But there are sites over here like www.craigslist.com that have freelance work listed. Maybe you could find some sort of freelance work. You are very smart and talented.

Yesterday was tough. Aunt Flo finally showed, and between that and the Super Bowl...I just wanted to munch all day. I did 45 minutes of Wii Fit before the game along with crunches and planks, so that was good. And tonight, if the roads aren't too bad from all the snow we're supposed to get, I plan to go to the gym for 2 half-hour Zumba classes and a strength training class.

Journal everything AND count WW points - 0 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 5 completed
64 ounces of water - 0 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 5 completed
Stay within WW points - 2 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 5 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 3 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 5 completed
45 min. of cardio - 3 pauses allowed - Round 2 - Day 5 completed
50 crunches - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Round 2 - Day 4 completed
1 minute of planks - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Round 2 - Day 4 completed
Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #255  
Taking care of me.

Bella# - Your challenges look good. You'll have to decide on the number of pauses for each one though - only you know how "challenging" those activities will be for you.

Immunized - Great work on your challenges so far.

Diyana - CONGRATS on your weigh in and the excellent job you are doing on your challenges.

Red - DON'T....YOU.....DARE....STOP....WRITING....HERE.. ..That's what this site is for - members helping each other manage weight loss/maintenance. And doesn't stress and trouble affect those things? Yes they do; that means that we here to help each other with stress and trouble, even if it's only to send you and prayers. And Heidi is beautiful. Things are going to get better for you. Until they do, write it out here and let us know when the tide of goodness rolls in so we can also rejoice with you.

My challenges:

I love me & I'm worth it - (pause 0/1)- day 0 completed
20 toe tap jacks - (pause 0/1)- day 0 completed
30 minutes cleaning/organizing (pause 0/3) - day 0 completed

The third one is because I moved into my house over 6 months ago and I haven't started decluttering any of the things I was supposed to be finished putting away. This is in the kitchen and the office. I just moved the office stuff I need to clean up into what is going to be my exercise/craft room in order to make my living and dining rooms presentable.

Last edited by MoveMoveMove; 02-08-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Closed Thread