Old 10-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #136  
It's ME!

Barb don't be too hard on yourself. You'll heal in your own time.

Hi Nikki to Aussie Chicks. I'm sure you'll find a good home here

I went to the gym again last night and did spin. That had me pooped! Unfortunately when I got home, I couldn't stop eating! Was just starving all night so probably balanced out the calories burned in spin by what I then consumed. Doh!

Today I've been to the supermarket already and bought some fruit and yoghurt so that I've got good things to snack on during the day. I've also got my gym gear and will by hitting the gym again tonight.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #137  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Vote for Ebony-Grace in the Happy Baby competition. Even voters get PRIZES. just follow the link and click LIKE. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...d=124726429717
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #138  
Am I a senior too?

And here is another one of her. She was screaming yet having such fun because Matt kept turning up the sprinkler water faster.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=124726429717
Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #139  
Am I a senior too?

Oh and welcome Nikki. We all been on here like forever lol. Some of us have met and some of us havent. Hope u enjoy it with us here.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

I was wondering if any of you are on a specific plan? I'm doing Lite n Easy and it's going great so far. I'm single and live with flatmates, so it's perfect for me. All my little lunches packed for work, it feels like I've got my mum here making me food!

I'm planning on sticking with it until Christmas, but I'm a bit worried about going off it. I'm on 1200 calories, so I guess if I just stick to that doing my own thing I should be fine.
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #141  
It's ME!

I've just started counting calories. I'm 3 days in and have eaten over my calories for the past 2 days!! It's interesting though and is making me think a bit more about what I eat so that's got to be a good thing.

Before this I was doing a low carb type diet and that worked well, I just got bored with it. I'm still trying not to eat too many carbs and preferably none in the evenings.

If there's one thing I've learned about weight loss it's that there is a huge amount to learn and it really is something that will last a lifetime.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #142  
~jus' being me~

Julia how many calories are you on?

Make sure you have enough protein in your day to keep you full. No need to be too low carb (says me, the reformed low carb queen! ha!) - if you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight - but the protein is really important to save you from the hungries. And then bulk up the rest of your meals with "good" fats (nuts, avocado versus cheese) and veggies of the non-starchy or low GI variety. Greens, sweet taters are good . . . all that fresh stuff.

Welcome Nickie!

I am mostly lurky as I am addicted to facebook at night and usually dont have much time to check in from work (today I am being defiant ha!)

Barb I am sorry you are having a tough time of it. I wont even say that I know how tough it would be

Ani - how's your head?! Ouchies!

Von Ebony is sooooooooooooo gorgeous!!!!!!! x

Amy - how are you mah-honey?

Me -I seem to keep pulling my head out of my arse and have more good days than bad days. I think I have been fat (again) for so long now that I have forgotten the "failure" of the re-gain . . . and . . . its been the best thing to happen EVER!!! The weather is sucky here today but its been bloody beautiful the past few weeks which put me in a most excellent mood and I was going for walks most mornings before work and doing some gym at night . . . that was before the daylight savings change and the cooler weather/rain messed up my mornings! Pilates tonight and just taking one day as it comes.

Only goal is to be conscious and present in my day, track my food (free falling did not worky!) and not have a little sumtin' just because its a day ending in "y" . . . not every day is a special occassion that requires me eating off plan. Balance is a good thing, but eating naughty foods on a daily basis was not balanced at all.

I decided when I spent the day "archiving" a bunch of cute clothes that I want to be leaner and healthier and freakin' hotter more than I want banana bread with my coffee. I thought I could do the slow and steady 'just make better choices' route . . . but it hasnt been enough so I had to have a talking to myself and be a bit more grown up

Hope everyone is having a good day!!!!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #143  
Am I a senior too?

I want to be leaner and healthier and freakin' hotter more than I want banana bread with my coffee. HEEHEEHAAHAA thats so cool
Old 10-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #144  
It's ME!

Hi Madison good to see you back!

According to Calorie King I should have 1460 calories a day.

I've felt pretty hungry for the past couple of days so today in addition to my ham and tomato sandwich for lunch I had 3 kransky sausages thinking that the protein would be good. BIG MISTAKE! Apparently that was about 670 calories and now I'm over my daily total already!

And it's not even afternoon tea time yet!

Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #145  
~jus' being me~

God I love kranksy sausages . . . but yeah most processed meats will go sky high on fat and cals. I realised that i have never really counted calories before . . . I have done the points things and Jenny Craig and low carb but never actual calories so I was STUNNED at how fast stuff adds up!!! But its also good cos you can move stuff around and just make better choices every day.

Add a salad to lunch with your sandhwich and throw in some tuna or a small can of three bean mix and that will be good on the cal front with the veggies being super low & add in some protein with the tuna or beans for fullness.

I also have some almonds - 20g - in the afternoon and you could have that with your yoghurt/fruit?

I am about to smack my mortgage broker today. Or the bank. I am not sure who is pissing me off more. Sooooooooooo annoying and unhelpful that I am meeting with two other banks at lunch time (now) so I dont have to deal with these people. Ugh.

*runs out screaming*
Old 10-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #146  
It's ME!

Hmmm tuna. Good idea! I will also get some nuts at the supermarket tonight. I suppose they will need to be unsaled nuts though. Poo!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Barb Made me cry. I don't even know what to say, because I feel like I am grieving already and I haven't lose my mum yet. I keep wondering if things will be the last time we have them together.

I hope it gets easier for you.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #148  
~jus' being me~

Gen *hugs*

Julia - I found some unsalted dry roasted almonds by Sunbeam not sure if you have that brand there? I normally dont like unsalted and cant do unroasted but these are GREAT. If I get cashews raw I usually roast them in the oven to bring out the flavour.

Last edited by Madison; 10-08-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #149  

Height: 5'5"

Gen at least for me it was quick. I feel sorry for you because you're waiting, not knowing when the last time will be. I saw my mum the Friday before she passed away and we had such a great day, laughing and carrying on like a pair of loonies. I'm so glad we had that time together, adds to all of the good memories I already have, and to know she was happy makes a real difference even though it sucks that she left us so soon. I can't imagine how hard it is for you. You should write a letter for your mum telling her what she means to you and get her to do the same for you, then you will always have that with you whenever you're feeling sad. I've got a voice mail message from my mum and I listen to it sometimes, its weird to hear her voice knowing she's not around anymore.

Sorry I made you cry, I didn't mean for anyone to get upset its just nice to have somewhere to go and get these things out sometimes. Thanks for listening to me ramble on.

XX
Barb
barbegirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Oh no, don't be sorry. It's great that you had a good day to remember your mum. Funny, my family has never been "I love you" types but we don't end a phone conversation or visit without saying it now.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote