Old 12-13-2009, 04:57 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Ani! Hope your holiday is going well and that it was good catching up with your family and friends again! How were the reactions to your weight-loss?

I'm really, really struggling with weight-loss here! I read over the last post I made and can honestly say it was nothing more than words! I have done nothing toward learning anything about myself. I feel awful. I feel fat. I feel my energy is not what it was. And I just don't know what to do. Well, I know what I need to do, I just don't know what to do to make myself do it!

I need to get right back to basics...but I am not even sure I can manage that at the moment.

I am really hoping this is just because it is Christmas. Christmas depresses me. And each year seems to get harder and harder.

I am going to plod on with the hope that once Christmas is over I might be able to re-focus on weight-loss in the New Year.

I hope everyone else is doing ok? It has become really quiet in here.

Gen, I hope your Christmas will be a happy one despite what is going on...thinking of you.

Same goes for you too Barb
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:23 AM   #227  

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Lindor.

Well its less than two weeks now till christmas and I don't think I'm gonna make 99.9. I seem to be hovering around the same weight. Most annoying it is! Its only 2.6ish kg's but its been so hard to shift it. I hope to maintain over the silly season and get right back into it boxing day, then give myself the day off for nye. Slow and steady!
barbegirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

My last day in Melbourne today :-(. I have had the best holiday, and am feeling a little bit sad about going back to Perth.

I have the sense that I might want to move back over east, and that is a seed that has been well and truly planted now. I think the next year is going to be interesting.

In terms of weight loss I feel really fat. I reckon I am back up well over 80kg, and I don't feel very healthy because of it. So as of tomorrow, when I wake up in Perth, I am going to start back on a healthy eating plan. I will weigh myself, fall over with shock, sob into the bathroom mirror, then slap myself and make a plan.

But yesterday when I was struggling to pick up my suitcase, because it weighed 22kg, I looked at my friend and said: "Even if I've gained weight I have still lost that suitcase in weight". Picking it up and realising how much weight I used to carry around on my body was really affirming for me.

That was a massive effort, and has made a great change to my life.

So now the task is simple - to 'pack' another suitcase, so I am not carrying around this extra 12kg in weight.

And the goal is equally simple. I'm going to lose 12kg in the next 12 months.

Talk to you when I'm back in Perth :-)
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #229  
It's ME!

Gosh it's so great to see a few more of you posting!

It's really hard to stay focused at this time of the year isn't it? It sounds like all of us are struggling so I hope that we can all support eachother and all get back on track very soon.

I went to the gym last night for the first time in well over a week. Just walked for 40 minutes but that felt really good. My aim for the moment is to eat sensibly and keep up the exercise.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:12 AM   #230  

Got back to Perth late last night.

This morning I went straight to the local pool and bought a 10-swim card, then I emptied out the money box I've been throwing coins in throughout the last six months. Very surprised - almost $600. So I went to Kmart and bought a Wii, and WiiFit Plus.

Then it was off to the supermarket, and I bought a bunch of good healthy food.

This starts today for me!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 AM   #231  

Hmmmmm?

Do we need to create some sort of Wii challenge?
Old 12-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #232  
It's ME!

I want Santa to bring me a Wii for Christmas! Don't think that's going to happen though

Went to the gym again last night and walked for 30 minutes. I really am back to basics at the moment. However, I think that going and walking for half an hour is better than the alternative which at the moment, is going home and doing nothing!

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #233  

Lindor I'm going to have my first go at Wii Fit today once I have finished cleaning, washing and all that boring stuff. I set the Wii up late last night and got distracted playing golf .

I ate really well yesterday - quite happy with my first day - and I am feeling really motivated at the moment.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #234  

Picture this:

I am sitting here typing a post on a weight-loss support forum. I have been up for 45mins, I have showered and I am sipping my first cup of coffee for the day.

AND I AM SCOFFING INTO A BOX OF BARBECUE SHAPES!!!!

And I wonder why my clothes are tight, and I wonder why I don't feel as fit as I was, and I wonder why I can't lose weight!!!

I am hopeless!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #235  

Lindor don't say that matey - you're not hopeless .

I ate really well for the last two days, then had a HIDEOUS day back at work yesterday. I went to a party last night and, because I was feeling so bad, I inhaled as much food as I could (and I had eaten dinner before I left). It was subconscious 'proof' that it's all I am worth - and I knew that, but still did it.

And I feel fat, and my clothes don't fit - intellectually I know what I need to do, but it's such a struggle to do it.

So today I am going to try and eat well, drink water, and work towards my proper goals again. Maybe if we start to work together again we can find a way through this and get back on that elusive wagon.

I'm game if anyone else is…
Old 12-19-2009, 05:09 AM   #236  

Height: 5'5"

I weighed myself yesterday morning like I usually do and had gained. I was so disappointed with myself. I ate really well all week and was hoping for a loss. Then I deciede to weigh myself this afternoon and found I had lost! The bloody scales are really doing my head in at the moment. I think I'm going to put them in the cupboard for a while and just go by how I'm feeling, you know, some days are skinny days and some days aren't. I think when I feel good I look good. Here's to feeling good!

Ani when does your book get published?

Lindor. Have some eggs for breakfast. I find they keep me going till lunch. Bbq shapes are my favorite! I like the crumbs way down the bottom of the bag!!!

Where is everyone else hiding?
barbegirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #237  

Barb the book is being edited at the moment, and that will take a month. Then it comes back to me and my co-author for the final proof - then it goes to the printer. It will be either March or April when it gets launched, but I will let you know.

My opinion about scales is this: they are a wonderful tool, but a terrible master. As long as you use them as ONE tool in your 'weight-loss' toolbox, and don't give them the power to dictate your success or failure, they are an excellent guide. And if you're finding they are negatively affecting you it might be an idea to put them away for a while.

I'm going to weigh-in tomorrow for the first time in a few months. I'm expecting to get terrible news but that will give me an idea of what goals I want to set for the next twelve months.

It doesn't matter that this year has been a shocker, in terms of weight gain for me. I am going to embrace it as a learning experience, and get on with the business of changing myself into a healthier, fitter me.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #238  

I jumped on the scales half an hour ago...

...96kg.

It's a starting point, I guess.

Other than knowing I NEED to cut out this ridiculous excess eating habit I have (re)developed, I have not thought about how I am going to fight this battle yet.

Today is one day, tomorrow is another...
Old 12-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #239  

I jumped on the scales this morning too Lindor - 81.3kg. Blurk!

But here we go - the good, the bad and the ugly . This is my starting point, and I am now going to get to work on my 2010 goal: 12kg in 12 months.

It's going to be hard between now and New Year but I am determined to at least get into good eating habits and start the whole process today. I'm not going to pressure myself over Christmas but if I can weigh no more than 81kg by the start of the new year I'll consider that a win.

Want to join me? We can just set some kind of "easy" goal for January, then work together to reach it. I think you should say yes because past history tells me that we have the most success losing weight when we work together. What do you reckon? You too Julia and Barb

Vonni where are you? Gen have you come home?
Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #240  

Ok Ani! I am in!

But, I am not going to fool around thinking I can do anything sensible until 2pm Thursday! It is one Christmas function after another at work at the moment and I am not going to get myself worked up about weight-loss while I am faced with all the yummy foods!

At this point I am still looking like being at home alone on Christmas Day, so should be able to take a little control there, and Christamas Day is also the first of a 10 day break I am taking from work!

The first thing I need to work on is getting back into a habit of normal meal times and I think that is going to be my goal for January.

I need to pull myself together again!!