Old 09-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #91  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

1300 Calories or there about per day - Day 4 done
30 minutes solid exercise per day - 3 pauses - Not started yet
1.5 litres of water per day - Day 4 done
Journal food and water - Day 4 done.

I did walk this morning. It was good too. But can't count that until I post tomorrow. No time to talk right now. Hope everyone is doing okay this weekend.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #92  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool juice glitch...

Yesterday felt like a bit of a lost day though I made all but one of my challenges. I am changing the supplement challenge and putting the hemp oil onto the vegetable juice one, because I realize I am NOT going to drink it plain (the oil) and every time I don't drink the juice I am automatically having to take a pause on the supplement challenge even though I've taken the other things. Ok, whatever...yeah, I couldn't stand the thought of the juice yesterday..yikes, only a week in and two pauses already? This bodes ill....

I have been good with the food log and though I am eating whatever I feel like these days....I don't think I'm eating all that much. There is no way I can do a calorie count though since most of the food I haven't prepared myself. Still, I think it will make me be more aware of what I'm eating....

The reason the day ended poorly is because I couldn't get my bike and figure it must have been stolen. It was gone when I came to get it near the station I'd left it at and I thought the authorities had carted it off as they do here and were holding it ransom for the 56 bucks they charge you to get it out of the bike pound. I walked there and looked over all the bikes and couldn't find it, then walked all the way back to the station thinking maybe some kind soul had moved it to escape the bike police but it wasn't there so I had to walk all the way home from there. A lot of exercise at least but I felt lousy.

SUPPLEMENT Challenge Day 9 completed 0 pauses taken
VEGETABLE JUICE Challenge Day 7 completed 2 pauses taken
FOOD/EXERCISE LOG -- Day 6 completed
NO ALCOHOL (round 4) --
Day 2 completed 0 pauses taken
NO SMOKING (round 4) -- Day 2 completed 0 pauses taken
CAFFEINE CUT (Round 5) --
Day 12 completed 1 pause taken

Shad -- good to hear you got your walking in. Has your friend been able to keep the a.m. date or did you go on your own?

Last edited by redballoon; 09-28-2009 at 04:16 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:47 AM   #93  
Never give up

Smile

Notched a day all around....and am calling it for today since all is done and I'm an hour from bedtime.

SUPPLEMENT Challenge Day 10 completed 0 pauses taken
VEGETABLE JUICE Challenge Day 8 completed 2 pauses taken
FOOD/EXERCISE LOG -- Day 7 completed
NO ALCOHOL (round 4) --
Day 3 completed 0 pauses taken
NO SMOKING (round 4) -- Day 3 completed 0 pauses taken
Day 13 completed 1 pause taken

Old 09-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #94  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I fell out of the zone over the weekend. Don't know what was wrong with me. Just didn't feel like doing anything. I was in a blue funk and I have no idea why. Doppler is doing better but will remain on meds for the next couple weeks. I didn't journal or exercise on Friday or Saturday. On Sunday, I got my 10,000 steps in just moving about the house and running errands - not really exercise. I did get A LOT of cooking done. Some stuff that DH likes, as well as a big pot of zero point veggie soup for me.

I dragged DH to a craft fair yesterday. There was lots of cool stuff, and it made me want to get back into crafting. I've got to practice better time management skills for my personal life, so that I can work in exercise, website work, crafts and watching my fave TV programs. We had a big rain/wind storm last night, with more wind and rain today. Winds could get up to 40-50 mph! I'm glad I didn't decorate my lawn for Halloween yet. And Autumn is DEFINITELY here..."high" temps this week are supposed to be in the mid to upper 50s/low 60s.

Journal and stay within WW points - 1 pauses left - Day 10 completed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 1 pauses left - Day 10 completed

Starting Over:
20 minutes (at least) of cardio - 3 pauses left - Day 0 completed
25 crunches - 3 pauses left - Day 0 completed
At least 10000 steps per day - 3 pauses left - Day 0 completed

Shad - Sounds like you're doing well. Good for you!

Red - Sorry to hear about the bike. Good for you for sticking with your challenges!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #95  

1300 Calories or there about per day - Day 5 done
30 minutes solid exercise per day - 3 pauses - Day 1 done
1.5 litres of water per day - Day 5 done
Journal food and water - Day 5 done.

Walking in the morning is really good, and yes my friend is coming with me. We do about 40 minutes around the walking paths and tracks in the area.

Red - sorry to hear about your bike. What a pain. Didn't think that theft was all that common in Japan. Maybe things are changing up there, or maybe it was just because I wasn't in the big cities while I was there.

Michelle - the mojo will come back when as the weigh in gets closer. I think we need at least one down day a week. Not that I am advocating breaking the challenges, but it doesn't hurt to have time off now and then to refresh and recoup
Old 09-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #96  

I hope its not too late to join?

My 21 day challenge will be to not eat anything after 9 PM.

Today will be my Day 1, since I didn't eat anything after 9 PM today!

Kris
henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #97  

1300 Calories or there about per day - Day 6 done
30 minutes solid exercise per day - 3 pauses - Day 2 done
1.5 litres of water per day - Day 6 done
Journal food and water - Day 6 done.

Welcome Henrycat. It's never too late to join around here. Red just starts a new thread when she starts a new challenge or the thread gets too long.

It's a good challenge that, but 9 is quite late (well for me anyway) do you go to bed very late?
Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #98  
Never give up

Thumbs up clear all around...

Got through another day on all fronts. The juice is the hardest. It's gotten cooler and I don't feel like making it or drinking it at all. But, I've made it a challenge and I've done this one before. I will try to see it through.

SUPPLEMENT Challenge Day 11 completed 0 pauses taken
VEGETABLE JUICE Challenge Day 9 completed 2 pauses taken
FOOD/EXERCISE LOG -- Day 8 completed
NO ALCOHOL (round 4) --
Day 4 completed 0 pauses taken
NO SMOKING (round 4) -- Day 4 completed 0 pauses taken
Day 14 completed 1 pause taken

henrycat -- Yes, Shad has it right. There is never a "too late to join" here. Just jump in and start your own challenges whenever you feel like it. Welcome aboard! Whether 9 p.m. is late or early for you doesn't really matter if it's a big problem for you. Nine p.m. is a starting point and if you even start to stop eating a little bit earlier than usual, it will put you in the practice of going earlier if need be.

Shad -- Glad to hear the walking is going well. Yes, bike theft here has always been huge. I think it's any populated area. There are just so many to choose from that you may not become a victim for a while. I kept my battered basket on my bike specifically hoping that would deter thieves. Vandalism is also huge. There are also huge rings that cart the bikes off en masse and sell them to North Korea for the metal. They load them onto ships up on the Japan Sea coast and off they go. The other "thieves" are the bike police, who regularly cart them away from the stations even if the bikes are only there for a few hours. It really angers me because they are making HUGE money from it. Anyhow, enough of that. It is affecting me a lot. I like my bike and I had just gotten new brakes on it.

diyana -- That "blue funk" was too long for just a pause, as Shad suggests. What happened? It's not like you. It must be the worries and heartache over Doppler that are getting to you. Well, just pick up and move on. It happens to all of us. Maybe the crafting will give you a boost. I think American crafts are amazing. Much of them take huge talent and they are really well-done. I am glad I am not into them here because there is NO place to put things and they wouldn't fit Japan anyhow. I find that crafts and music especially reflect and fit a certain area. The only place I could ever listen to country music, for example, was in the middle of cowboy country in Wyoming.

Apple, have you deserted us again? KanDewIt? What happened to your short-lived challenge? Get up and start again. We do it over and over again.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:34 AM   #99  
Never give up

Cool what's hunger got to do with it?!?!

Going to call it a day and post my tally now, even though it's still Wednesday evening.

I was very tempted to have a smoke today but decided not to. Smoking at home (out on the doorstep) is just too habit-forming. Everything triggers it. At least if I only smoke when I drink I have little temptation, since I rarely drink these days.

The bike I am giving up on. I looked for it at the pound again today. Nothing...sad. I miss it.

I am trying to develop a new habit but am hesitant to make it a challenge yet. I could ease into it though.
It's because I'm reading that McKenna book and though the verdict is still out on the book (it seems very basic and common-sense...like, duh, no kidding, if I could do that I wouldn't NEED the damn book) I am trying to follow its basic principles, eat when you're hungry, eat whatever you want, stop as SOON as you're no longer hungry.

This is really, really hard. Since when has hunger had anything to do with it?!?!? I am realizing that the answer to that is "nearly never!" My God, I am sitting here all through the day wondering why I don't feel hunger, going..."is this hunger I'm feeling?"..."is this?" I am shocked at how out of touch I am with my body and yet I knew food had nothing to do with hunger with me. I mean, do five or six pints of beer mean I was really, really thirsty? No, I know hunger has been irrelevant but I am nonetheless trying to force myself to stop stuffing food down no matter how full I am. Yeah, I suppose therapy would help....
Good night!

SUPPLEMENT Challenge Day 12 completed 0 pauses taken
VEGETABLE JUICE Challenge Day 10 completed 2 pauses taken
FOOD/EXERCISE LOG -- Day 9 completed
NO ALCOHOL (round 4) -- Day 5 completed 0 pauses taken
NO SMOKING (round 4) -- Day 5 completed 0 pauses taken
Day 15 completed 1 pause taken

Old 09-30-2009, 07:44 AM   #100  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

I did meet my challenges on Monday...just did not have time to post yesterday. This has been a crazy busy week for me. But here's where I'm at in terms of challenges:

Journal and stay within WW points - 1 pauses left - Day 12 completed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 1 pauses left - Day 12 completed
20 minutes (at least) of cardio - 3 pauses left - Day 2 completed
25 crunches - 3 pauses left - Day 2 completed
At least 10000 steps per day - 3 pauses left - Day 2 completed

Shad - You're right...the mojo is coming back. Good on ya' for doing so well with your challenges!

Henrycat - Welcome! Never too late to join! Good luck on your challenge!

Red - I am so impressed! You are doing so well on your challenges!! You're really making your health a priority! I had no idea that theft was so rampant there, but I guess it is in any big city. As for the blue funk...I'm doing much better. Nothing like a crazy busy work week to take your mind off stuff. I think I was getting overwhelmed with lots on my mind, lots to do before winter and not much time or money to do it. And just the onset of another Wisconsin is kind of a bummer. When it comes to crafts, I'm not very talented....but I make cute Christmas ornaments and decorations. I can also sew...but I'd really love to learn to knit or crochet.

Last edited by diyana; 09-30-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:49 AM   #101  
Creating a Healthier Me

Red - I'm right there with ya. Very rarely does my overeating or snacking on high fat, high cal foods have to do with hunger. I am finding more foods I can't have in the house because I will snack on them even if I'm not hungry. If I stick to carrots and a few pretzels...I should be okay. Good for you for not giving into the temptation to smoke!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #102  
Never give up

Lightbulb the biggest challenge....

Morning. Going to go riding, first lesson since I fell off. I still have pain and I'm quite afraid now. My horse tends to spook when the teacher is around, whom she doesn't like. I have to be brave. Wish me luck.

diyana -- Good to hear from you! I'm so glad you're out of the blue and into the pink, at least somewhat. You're so good about sticking to your diet plan that I am in awe and jealous.

This is the most obvious part of losing weight and yet it seems that with me it will be the last to be mastered. I think of all the time I am losing spent in a body that raises eyebrows here (at least in the horse world) and certainly doesn't get me any appreciative looks from the men and I wonder why I can't just knock the fat off and then work on the health part.

But, I guess my priorities have always been health. I just haven't even realized it myself until I think about it. Yeah, of course it is. Althought, it's hard to feel healthy with my skin problems.

It is embarrassing to change in the dressing room at the gym. While everyone else is prancing around buck naked, I pull on T-shirts to hide my arms and shoulders, where the rash is the worse. The doctors don't know what it is, seem convinced it's hormones. My aunt developed skin problems at around my age. She's 80 now, but I am never in touch...anyhow.

diyana, the thing I'm trying to do is truly act like a naturally thin person, allowing myself anything without overeating. This is the ultimate and something I have yet to attempt, let alone master. It's all about trust, trusting myself to make the right decisions while at times allowing indulgences without having them set off a binge or the mindless emotional eating that got me overweight in the first place.

I know what's eating me but have felt powerless to do something about it, my situation here, my life in general. I know this is what sets me off on this "I deserve to have whatever and as much of anything" bender. It's only of late that I'm finally realizing that that's NOT what I what and certainly not what I deserve. Anyhow, enough of the introspective.

Best of luck staying out of the grip of the oncoming Wisconsin winter.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #103  

1300 Calories or there about per day - Day 7 done
30 minutes solid exercise per day - 3 pauses - Day 3 done
1.5 litres of water per day - Day 7 done
Journal food and water - Day 7 done.

Moving along again. Weigh in this morning for the challenge and I find I am down 1.4kg on last week. Which is good because otherwise I won't stand a chance of achieving the goal.

No time for personals now. Time to go out and tie up the tomatoes and then down to the mall to see if I can get some photos printed. I'll try a different store this time.

Bakc later.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:38 AM   #104  
Never give up

Smile still alive....

I made it through my riding lesson alive. My nutcase mare spooked a bit at the very end and I thought I was going to bite dust again, but didn't.... Heh, who's the nutcase here anyhow? ...... ok, don't answer that.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:46 AM   #105  

Glad to hear that you and the nutcase got through the day unscathed. I don't know who the nutcase is. I really wouldn't like to say.