Old 11-12-2009, 06:09 AM   #226  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking smoking through!!

Well, I'm posting the day even though it still is that day. I am waiting for the washing machine to finish and then heading to bed. I sure hope the construction doesn't start again. I really lost a lot of sleep because of that last night.

Well, the smoking challenge is done and I notched another day on all. The calories were hard again today. My gosh, why did it seem easier for the first week? Is my body resisting? Perhaps. They say that once the fat under the skin (as opposed to the fat around and in the organs) starts to be drawn on, then the body resists and sends you all kinds of craving signals and warning signs that you're STARVING !! and need food fast!

Well, I suppose my body is drawing on that fat because I notice things shifting around. My God, my gut is loose and jellylike again!! It's so gross, like I had my gut back. I'm hoping it's just loose skin because the fat under it has disappeared and it's not young enough to just jump back into shape. Suck it up, skin!!!

CALORIE CHALLENGE (under 2,000) Day 11 completed 1 pause taken
NO ALCOHOL (round 6 minus 10 days and pauses) -- Day 7 completed 1 pause taken
NO SMOKING (round 5) -- Day 21 completed 2 pauses taken SMOKING CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!!
CAFFEINE CUT (Round 8 minus 4 days and pauses) -- Day 1 completed 0 pauses taken

Shad -- Bravo for another day! Just when is your "weigh day?" I just noticed your signature and weight ticker. Have you had that long? I remember when you above 80, right, so you're moving on down! Good for you!

diyana -- You always post around my 10:30 p.m., but hopefully I'll be snoozing in that hour and a half! See you in the morning, I hope! Hope you had a good day!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #227  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm trying to ignore the sore throat I'm getting as I have too much cleaning followed by fun stuff going on this weekend to be sick. I can't wait to see my niece on Saturday!! And I'm going to be taking pauses on Sunday for my journaling/staying within points challenge. Hopefully I don't go too over on Saturday because I only have one pause left. Dinner and drinks on Saturday night, lunch at a great burger/ice cream place on Sunday, followed by a brewery tour complete with samples. Today is weigh in...and it won't be good as it's Aunt Flo time. Ugh.

1/2 hour of cardio - 2 pauses taken - 1 pauses left - Day 13 completed (thank goodness for taking the stairs at work)
Journal and stay within WW points - 3 pauses - Day 9 completed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 3 pauses - Day 9 completed
50 crunches - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 7 completed
2 minutes of planks - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 7 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 3 pauses - Day 9 completed

Red - I hope you're sleeping right now. Congrats on completing the caffeine AND smoking challenges!! I'm SOOOO proud of you!! Good for you for getting through your challenges and forcing yourself to the gym. A light workout is better than none at all. That's all I've been doing the past couple weeks. Monday it's back to the gym in full swing. That sucks about the loud road work keeping you awake. Give yourself a restful, relaxing day - take a nap if you can. You're right, I shouldn't look at the twigs with a critical eye. You shouldn't look at yourself with such a critical eye either. You're right, most of us don't look great naked. We have areas that we'd like to improve (on me it's my kangaroo pouch). But there are areas I like (for example, the teeny bit of definition I have when I flex my bicep).

Shad - I wish my weight would be down for today's weigh in. But when I checked yesterday, it appears that Aunt Flo has thwarted many of my good efforts for this week.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #228  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

1300 Calories per day - 3 pauses Day 10 done.
30 minutes vigorous exercise - 2 pauses Day 9 done
Plus 100 crunches - 2 pauses Day 9 done
Journal and count food intake - no pauses Day 10 done
Water - 1500ml per day - 2 pauses. Day 9 done

That's about it for yesterday. Not such a good day today. I will be having a pause to write about tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #229  

Guess everyone has been down and not just me. Had a terrible time trying to get back in.

Since I haven't had a good time over the past couple of days, I might just start the challenge over. I'm still down in weight today, but it not because I have been good with either food or exercise - sheer luck I'd call it.

So
1300 Calories per day - 3 pauses Day 0
30 minutes vigorous exercise - 3 pauses Day 0
Plus 100 crunches - 3 pauses Day 0
Journal and count food intake - no pauses Day 0
Water - 1500ml per day - 3 pauses. Day 0

Red, Michelle - how you going.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #230  
Never give up

Unhappy in the dumps....

I was away for the weekend, then couldn't get onto the site. Though I don't see any explanation of the problems anywhere, it seems it was on that end.
I totally dumped my calorie, caffeine and alcohol challenge for the past two days and ate a LOT. Also drank one of those days. I think I can still keep things going, but it will be tough, especially for the calorie challenge. It will mean no going over for the next 10 days, which is not impossible but will be quite tedious, I suppose.
Anyhow, let me get back on track and check in again. My skin is so bad again and the rash is cropping up on different areas now. I just can't take this anymore.

Shad, good to see you. A clean start is a good motivator. Best of luck to you.

diyana, thanks for your congratulations and support. But, as you can see, I've fallen into the dirt for the past two days. And now I feel beaten down and like a failure. Of course, my weight is way back up again. I am also extremely depressed and panicking about work and my life in general, totally unsure about the path I am to take from here. I feel truly like this is all too much for me. Sorry to be a downer but that's the way it is now. I feel deserted by all that could help me.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #231  
Never give up

Cool the way it looks....

This is where things stand at the beginning of Monday. I am one day further on the calorie challenge than I thought. Caffeine is a problem but much easier to control. I am proud to say that I did NOT smoke, though I was sorely tempted the one day when we were drinking and the woman whose place I was staying at was chain-smoking. I almost asked for a cig.

CALORIE CHALLENGE (under 2,000) Day 12 completed 3 pauses taken
NO ALCOHOL (round 6 minus 10 days and pauses) -- Day 9 completed 2 pauses taken
NO SMOKING (round 6) -- Day 3 completed 0 pauses taken
CAFFEINE CUT (Round 8 minus 4 days and pauses) -- Day 2 completed 2 pauses taken

Last edited by redballoon; 11-15-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #232  
Creating a Healthier Me

I am EXHAUSTED today. Completely, utterly exhausted. But I had a great weekend with my niece. I picked her up at the airport on Friday and we hung out for a few hours. Then she had to lead a training session on Saturday, so we picked her up about 4 and went to get some dinner and went back home where we talked and talked. Sunday we went to the Harley Davidson museum, and then out to a late lunch before she had to get back to the airport. We had a wonderful time with her. She's a lot of fun and such a sweet young woman.

I got a great workout Friday and Saturday, doing hours of cleaning...but the house REALLY looked great by the time I was finished.

Here's where my challenges are at after this weekend.

1/2 hour of cardio - 3 pauses taken - 0 pauses left - Day 16 completed
Journal and stay within WW points - 3 pauses - Day 13 completed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 3 pauses - Day 13 completed
50 crunches - 3 pauses taken - 0 pauses left - Day 8 completed
2 minutes of planks - 3 pauses taken - 0 pauses left - Day 8 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 2 pauses taken - 1 pause left - Day 11 completed

Shad - I heard the site was having big time issues over the weekend. I hope it's more stable by now. Glad to hear your weight is still down.

Red - I fell into the dirt as well, but I had fun. And now we can dust ourselves off and get back on track. Good for you for avoiding the cigs! That's something to be REALLY proud of!! I'm jumping back on the wagon, and I've got my hand out to pull you back up too!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #233  

Had such a busy day yesterday that I forgot to journal and count. I did do exercise etc. But I think I might just leave that challenge hanging until after I come back from NZ next Monday. Restart Tuesday. The rest of the week doesn't look like getting any better and the food in NZ is much richer than over here, particularly the dairy.
So although I will read and may occasionally comment, you won't see me posting results until next week. Take care, work hard, look after yourself.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #234  
Never give up

Smile still going.....

Made it through on all fronts. The calorie one was hard because I was at home most of the day and eating too much junk.
I forced myself to go to the gym late in the day, very late, the latest I've been there recently, but surprisingly felt better afterward and was even able to sleep at night. That morning and day the itching had been awful and I had rashes on my neck, which I never had before. So, I was expecting it all to get worse and then it was the best I've had in a while. I wish I knew what was up and why and when things happen so I could regulate it.

CALORIE CHALLENGE (under 2,000) Day 13 completed 3 pauses taken
NO ALCOHOL (round 6 minus 10 days and pauses) -- Day 10 completed 2 pauses taken
NO SMOKING (round 6) -- Day 4 completed 0 pauses taken
CAFFEINE CUT (Round 8 minus 4 days and pauses) -- Day 3 completed 2 pauses taken

diyana -- Glad to hear you are happily exhausted and not otherwise exhausted. A Harley Davidson museum? Unusual. What is in that? Bikes from way back and so? Anything about the Angels?
Your challenges are looking pretty good, but I guess you'll have to be careful about the planks and crunches ones. That's like me with the calorie challenge and the caffeine reduction. Even though I just started the latter out, I only have one pause left. It's not a big thing though, because there is usually no time where I absolutely can't not have caffeine, unless I was traveling overseas and needed to kickstart me due to jet lag. And, I'm sure you can always knock off the crunches and planks if you really put your mind to it. Hang in there!
The site was totally down for me. There was NO getting into it for the weekend and then again last night as well. I hope this won't be a common occurrence with the new owners.
Thanks for the hand!

Shad -- Have a good trip and go easy on the dairy!!

Old 11-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #235  
Creating a Healthier Me

I left work a bit early yesterday as I was feeling really nauseous all day. I would've left much earlier, but I had afternoon meetings. Still feel pretty lousy today, but I'm hoping breakfast stays down. I got my cardio in walking around the office, which is what I'm planning on doing today. Food and water were good yesterday and so far so good today. But planks and crunches didn't happen...my tummy was upset enough....so I'll be starting those over tomorrow.

1/2 hour of cardio - 3 pauses taken - 0 pauses left - Day 17 completed
Journal and stay within WW points - 3 pauses - Day 14 completed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 3 pauses - Day 14 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 2 pauses taken - 1 pause left - Day 12 completed

Starting Over
50 crunches - 3 pauses - Starting on Wednesday
2 minutes of planks - 3 pauses - Starting on Wednesday

Shad - Have a great time in NZ!! So nice that you get to spend time with your family!

Red - Good for you for forcing yourself to get to the gym! As for your itching, have you tried keeping a journal that tracks your food, activity, stress/emotions when your itching comes on or gets worse. Maybe if you could do that for a couple weeks (or 21 day challenge) that might help you. When I was getting awful allergic reactions - rashes and difficulty breathing and throat closing up, I thought I was allergic to soy products. After a couple trips to an allergist and lots of allergy tests, we determined that I was having an allergic reaction to the prescription strength high dose Niacin that my doc put me on to help lower my cholesterol (or blood pressure - can't remember). Anyway, the allergist suggested I stop taking the Niacin for a month, but continue to eat as I have been, and if I don't get any more reactions, it was likely the Niacin. Turns out, that's what it was. Did your itching get better after the gym? Milwaukee, WI (where I live) is where Harley Davidson was founded back in 1903. The museum shows bikes through the ages, how they came to be invented - by taking a regular bicycle and adding a motor, and how they evolved, and how they were utilized in both World Wars, and how the mail was even delivered in them for awhile. It also showed bikes used for racing and for jumping (a la Evel Knievel), and how they are designed and built now.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #236  
Never give up

Ok, Calling the day before I got to bed, because I AM going to bed! Good all around and another gym session. Hurrah!

CALORIE CHALLENGE (under 2,000) Day 14 completed 3 pauses taken
NO ALCOHOL (round 6 minus 10 days and pauses) -- Day 11 completed 2 pauses taken
NO SMOKING (round 6) -- Day 5 completed 0 pauses taken
CAFFEINE CUT (Round 8 minus 4 days and pauses) -- Day 4 completed 2 pauses taken

diyana -- I thought you were early. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Let's just hope it was something you ate and nothing coming on.
Thanks for the HD info.
Too bad about the challenge but great attitude! Good for you for just starting over.
I'll have to try to keep track of things and the itching. I have thought of doing that but thought it was too hard as the itching may not be immediate.
But perhaps I can cut out certain foods and such for a few days and see how things go.
The other night it was really horrible but it could have been something in the other house I stayed in or the bedding.
Not showering immediately after sweating seems to aggravate things but I can't always. Anyhow, let's hope things get better. I do think the weight loss has an effect. Isn't all this bad stuff like heavy metals stored in fat cells? If you lose weight the body may react to the stuff coming out of the cells, no? I don't know. I can't find anything on the Net.
Good night!

Shad, you in Kiwi land yet?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #237  

Nope, Friday very early, I fly to Sydney and then Wellington. Back Monday same way
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #238  
Never give up

That old feeling of "why, bother?" is raising its head again. The weight loss is SO slow and it should be with the amount I am eating but the hard part is the tediousness of it all, the counting, the vigilance, the having to be constantly aware of what I'm doing so I don't go over that calorie mark.
It's such a drag. I think the only way around it is to start making some "pattern days" where I just stick to a menu that already has the calories counted. I can't always do that but some times I could.
Sigh, the itching was so bad last night I just lay there for hours unable to sleep and unable to stop myself from scratching. You see, one day on, one day off, without rhyme or reason. I am so sick of it and it colors everything I do. So, even though I should feel good about making my challenges, I don't because I feel absolutely rotten from my skin.
I don't think there's a way out of this. The doctors just think it's the way I am and my age and blah blah blah and it does run in the family. My aunt was plagued by the same thing and she tried absolutely everything. Damn and double damn.

Shad, oh, I see, you're still here. I reread your last post and see that you are just postponing your challenges. Ok, well, don't desert us.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #239  

Not deserting anyone. Just waiting for next week and my return from NZ. I've been busy doing other things and am still carrying out some of the challenges - walking, crunches etc. Just not logging them
Old 11-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #240  
Creating a Healthier Me

Had a rough day yesterday. Was running a fever and feeling really sick to my stomach. So no gym, no crunches, no planks, very few veg. I drank 7-up instead of water...so both water and points challenges went bye-bye. On the positive side...I'm feeling better today. My fever has broken, and if I can get through the day with out explosions from either end, I may try and get to the gym...or at least go for a walk...depends on how I'm feeling later.

Journal and stay within WW points - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 14 completed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 14 completed
5 servings of fruits and veg - 3 pauses taken - 0 pauses left - Day 12 completed

Starting Over
1/2 hour of cardio - 3 pauses - Starting on Wednesday
50 crunches - 3 pauses - Starting on Wednesday
2 minutes of planks - 3 pauses - Starting on Wednesday

I'm getting frustrated and feeling fat. But I know that for a variety of reasons, I'm not working this 110%. And if I go back to doing what I was doing (when I was fat) I'll keep getting what I got (more fat). So I've got to kick myself in the arse and just get with it!

Red - I'm not sure where toxins are stored - fat cells, blood, But are you drinking enough water to help your body flush it out so your kidneys and liver aren't overworked? Don't know what to tell you about tracking stuff relating to your itching when your reactions may not be immediate. And I understand that you can't always shower right after sweating. My allergic reaction to high doses of Niacin was fairly immediate (within 1/2 hour to an hour of taking the pill). Does Calamine lotion or anything like that help with the itch? Aveeno Oatmeal products? That's so bad you have to suffer with this. I hope you get some relief soon.

Shad - Good for you for carrying on with your challenges! I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Last edited by diyana; 11-18-2009 at 08:10 AM.