Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Journal and stay within WW points - 3 pauses left - Day 5 completed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 3 pauses left - Day 5 completed
20 minutes (at least) of cardio - 3 pauses left - Day 5 completed
25 crunches - 1 pause taken - 3 pauses left - Day 5 completed
At least 10000 steps per day - 3 pauses left - Day 5 completed

My eating was good yesterday, and I went to the gym after work to do 1/2 hour of Zumba and 1/2 hour of strength training. After a stressful day at work, it feels great to get good and sweaty and get the endorphins going. I came home and made spaghetti for DH and I and then relaxed.

I'm planning on going to the gym after work today for 45 minutes or an hour of cardio.

Shad - Bangers and mash sounds yummy! I hope you have a better day with the builder.

Red - Shad is correct. We need to forego constant perfection and enjoy our lives too. Nothing wrong with an occasional slip...just get up, dust yourself off and get back on track.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:13 AM   #137  
Creating a Healthier Me

Journal and stay within WW points - 3 pauses left - Day 6 completed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 3 pauses left - Day 6 completed
20 minutes (at least) of cardio - 3 pauses left - Day 6 completed
25 crunches - 1 pause taken - 3 pauses left - Day 6 completed
At least 10000 steps per day - 3 pauses left - Day 6 completed

I had a stressful day at work...during which I'm very happy to say I didn't go off plan in terms of eating. I went to the gym and worked up plenty of sweat to release the stress and cares of the day. I did 45 minutes of cardio on the recumbent stepper, 50 crunches and then a very fast paced Zumba class. I don't think I'll make it to the gym tonight...I've got a bunch of website work to do. But I'm definitely going tomorrow for strength training and Zumba (and maybe a Tai Chi class if I can get there in time).

Red? Shad? I hope you both are doing well.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #138  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Sorry, just too busy to post and distracted. Will try to get in here tomorrow. Hang in there, ye all!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #139  
Creating a Healthier Me

Okay, Red, come back when you can. I'm not used to being the only one here!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #140  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I swear I posted yesterday. Whatever, the post is not there. No wonder Michelle is wondering what is happening.

1300 Calories or there about per day - Day 19 done - 2 pause taken
30 minutes solid exercise per day - 1 pauses - Day 15 done
1.5 litres of water per day - Day 20 done
Journal food and water - Day 20 done. 1 pause taken.

No time for anything today. Too much to do.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #141  
Never give up

Wink backseat for a bit...

I don't know what I want to do with my challenges so I'm stopping them all except the three below. These are definites.
I am rather bummed and then not because yesterday I had a job interview and, though I was dreading what I would do if they offered it to me, I felt I had to go for it.
Well, this morning I heard they are NOT offering it to me so that worry is gone, poof, like that. It kept me awake more than usual last night wondering what I would do if I got the job, how it would once again lock me into work I wasn't really interested in and lock me away from most of the things I enjoy doing, such as living. Still, I am in dire need of dinero.
I did get to the gym last night and it felt good. Something seems to have woken up in me and is trying to put me back on the straight and narrow. I WANT to be strong and lean again. I am sick of this lazing around, getting softer and softer. Let's see what I can come up with .

NO ALCOHOL (round 5 minus 10 days and pauses) -- Day 2 completed 0 pauses taken
NO SMOKING (round 4) -- Day 15 completed 3 pauses taken
CAFFEINE CUT (Round 6) -- Day 5 completed 2 pauses taken

Last edited by redballoon; 10-14-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #142  
Creating a Healthier Me

Journal and stay within WW points - 3 pauses left - Day 7 completed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 3 pauses left - Day 7 completed
20 minutes (at least) of cardio - 3 pauses left - Day 7 completed
25 crunches - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 7 completed
At least 10000 steps per day - 3 pauses left - Day 7 completed

I ended up going to the gym last night, even though I had planned to take a night off. It was a really stressful day at work...and I needed some endorphins. So I did an hour of cardio and 65 crunches.

Shad - I hope you're getting a day of peace and quiet.

Red - So sorry to hear that they selected someone else for the job. Have you thought about pursuing a different way to earn money? I don't know all of your specific likes or talents, but off the top of my head...could you be a riding instructor? Could you be a party planner? How about a writer - you are very, very articulate! What lines of work do interest you that you think might be more fulfilling? I know that for me...if money were no object, I would work with animals, either doing dog boarding or grooming or day care or pet sitting. But unfortunately, in the real world, we need money...so I do what I do and make sure I have enough time outside of work to enjoy my life. Good for you for getting to the gym! That is really helping me deal with various frustrations in my life, and it seems to be helping my weight too. I'll find out about my weight today at my WW weigh in.

Hugs to all,
Old 10-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #143  
Never give up

Thumbs up clear...

Good day. After riding, forced myself to the gym, then the long walk home. I feel good.

NO ALCOHOL (round 5 minus 10 days and pauses) -- Day 3 completed 0 pauses taken
NO SMOKING (round 4) -- Day 16 completed 3 pauses taken
CAFFEINE CUT (Round 6) -- Day 6 completed 2 pauses taken

diyana -- Thank you for your concern and advice. Yes, I have to start thinking outside the box, which up until now has been all writing, editing, translation work. I have very high expenses because of my horse and am coming to terms with having to retire her if I can't find work. I would still have to work hard just to cover everything else and a retirement farm, but it would be a lot easier than now.
I am still hoping for some saving job to come along. Haha...dream on...?
Don't be sorry about the job. I really didn't want it but was feeling I had to take it if they offered it. I thought they would, but then again, I think I talked too much and made it kind of clear that I thought it was far too much work for the pay. And it would be constant worrying and a LOT of responsibility. I don't want that anymore, not unless it's all going into my pocket, not a salary that can't change. La-dee-dah, Red is in dream land still.... Ah well, hitting the hay here. diyana, good for you for getting to the gym too. Three cheers to you! I'm learning to force myself to move and break through into those endorphins too. I'll think more about some of your suggestions. Thanks again.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #144  
Creating a Healthier Me

I think all the work stress, which led to hours and hours of exercise this week really paid off! I am down 3.8 lbs!!

Red - I'm so glad you had a good day AND went riding AND went to the gym! YGG!! I understand your expenses are high. I sincerely hope you don't have to retire your horse. BTW, there is nothing wrong with dream land.

Last edited by diyana; 10-15-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #145  

1300 Calories or there about per day - Day 20 done - 2 pause taken
30 minutes solid exercise per day - 1 pauses - Day 16 done
1.5 litres of water per day - Day 21 done
Journal food and water - Day 21 done. 1 pause taken.

All finished on two of the challenges. Another one bites the dust tomorrow. Start on some more on Monday.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 197/195/150

Height: 5'1

Journaling my diet- 3 days done
Kept daily calories under 1300- 3 days ^-^

I got to have a fitness assessment today and really want to start working on doing a full push up and a full chin up
saintxio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #147  
Creating a Healthier Me

Journal and stay within WW points - 3 pauses left - Day 8 completed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 3 pauses left - Day 8 completed
20 minutes (at least) of cardio - 3 pauses left - Day 8 completed
25 crunches - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 8 completed
At least 10000 steps per day - 3 pauses left - Day 8 completed

I went to the gym last night and did a Tai Chi class, 20 minutes of cardio and a strength training class, but my back was feeling kinda tweaky/twingy sore...so I decided to skip the Zumba class.

I'm doing well on my eating. Yay! I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to stay OP during the weekend (even though weekends are my most challenging time).

Shad - and on completing two of your challenges with another one finishing today! You're doing SO WELL!!

Saintxio - Those are great challenges! And what a nice way to challenge yourself with the full push up and full chin up. I can do a full push up, but I can't remember ever being able to do a chin up. YGG!!

Red - I hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #148  
Never give up

Wink another day down...

Got to the gym again yesterday. Am quite sore now and surely holding water from the muscle damage so I won't mind the scale. I'm not paying it much attention these days though I am weighing myself. Really wish I could work off the pounds. I stay riveted at the same weight.
A bad night last night with the itching and then asthma. When I get asthma I can't stop thinking about unpleasant things and since I'd just seen the DVD of "The Changeling" you can imagine if you've seen it too.
Hard to believe it's been only four days since I was out for the night drinking. I don't want to drink but it just seems kind of pathetic that at times the days pass so slowly. In regards to other things, they are flying.

NO ALCOHOL (round 5 minus 10 days and pauses) -- Day 4 completed 0 pauses taken
NO SMOKING (round 4) -- Day 17 completed 3 pauses taken
CAFFEINE CUT (Round 6) -- Day 7 completed 2 pauses taken

diyana -- You're really moving that bod, aren't you?!! What's behind the sudden spurt of resolve that you're not telling us about? Actually, though, I'm feeling it too. From earlier this week I just wanted to start moving again. Sure hope it lasts.

Shad -- Two down! Wow!! Good for you!!

saint -- Good luck on your challenges. Come in and talk to us some times.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #149  

1300 Calories or there about per day - Day 21 done - 2 pause taken
30 minutes solid exercise per day - 1 pauses - Day 17 done

I'm probably going to carry on with the existing challenges since if I don't have to be accountable my portions get bigger and I forget to drink the water. Journalling is still a pain, but I am doing it. But I will probably add to them to get a fresh approach. It gets fairly boring doing the same ol' same old.

Welcome to Saint and to Red and Diyana. I'm covered in oil based primer at the moment. Hope no one asks for a face to face interview over the next week or so. Smears and spots of paint is most places. My old garden shorts - which if you all remember, was the basis for the challenge - are stiff with paint, but at least I don't have to lie on the bed to get the zip done up now. I will still get some new ones at the end of the challenge. I'm throwing the shorts and tee out when the painting is finished which should be around a week or so. I do have plenty of old gear to wear.

See ya all later

Last edited by Shad; 10-16-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #150  

1300 Calories or there about per day - Day 21 done - 2 pause taken
30 minutes solid exercise per day - 0 pauses left - Day 17 done

Out of here for the daily dash around the block and then back to painting, cleaning and rubbish removal. It's all go here.
I might add, my shoulders, arms and back are stiff and sore from all the bending, stretching and painting yesterday. Today will be a quiet painting day. I also have to decide on paint colours.