Old 05-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #181  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Holy Moses....this Long Weekend Is About Over. I Went To My Brother's For A Bbq, He Grilled In The Rain. We Ate In The House...haha. It Was Fun As His Son, My Nephew Came Up From Ky And Brought My New Great Niece...jocelyn Anne. I Hogged Her All Afternoon, Got Sweet Kisses On Plump Cheeks, Gave Her A Bottle Of Pumped Milk, Changed Her Diaper, And Rocked Her To Sleep. Oh And We Ate Too! She Is So Sweet.

Rather A Short Post, Gonna Watch The Tube A Bit Before Bed.

Hey To Everyone.

Love And Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #182  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

It looks like I will be a Great Aunt tonight. I will let you know tomorrow. Apparently the midwife came in today and said that dilation is happening and she could if she wanted to break the waters. So at last something gives.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #183  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WOW!! SHAD...A NEW BABY COMING TO A THREAD NEAR US!! HOPE EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTHLY FOR HER. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW JOB AND LET US HOPE THEY HAVE AT LEAST 1/2 A BRAIN EACH!! SAFE TRAVELS.

CEEJAY~ YOUR GRASS WILL BE GROWING LIKE STINK WEEDS WITH ALL THIS RAIN YOU'RE HAVING

ANNIE~ NICE WEEKEND. LOVE THE SMELL OF NEW BABIES. SO SWEET. GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME.

ON MY WAY DOWNSTAIRS TO GET ON THE BUS FOR FOOD SHOP. I DON'T REALLY NEED ANYTHING BUT I JUST WANT TO GET AWAY FROM HERE. FIRST DAY BACK FOR THE OFFICE AND IT MAKES THEM CRAZY!
HAVE A GREAT DAY. HAPPY TUESDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #184  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies -

Sorry I've been away. The weather was SO nice all weekend, I didn't want to be inside, much less on the computer. Friday, DMIL and I ran all kinds of errands and went out to lunch. Saturday, we went for a drive in the country and took DMIL fossil-hunting. We all found some really great fossils. On Sunday, we went to the nursery, bought some veggies and flowers and did lots of planting. And yesterday, we went for another drive. Although it was sunny and fairly warm, it was a tad too chilly and very windy for fishing. Hopefully, we'll get out on the boat later this week or weekend.

I haven't started back at the gym yet....but I got exercise fossil hunting and gardening...and even though my back got sore...I did better than I thought I would. Oh, and on Sunday, my doggie got out of the yard (DMIL accidentally left the gate open) and I had to sprint about two blocks after him. Luckily a neighbor was able to catch him after he crossed a very busy street and was heading for the woods. I was about to collapse from an asthma attack. All's well that ends well, my puppy got home safe thanks to the neighbor! I'm hoping to get to the gym tonight for some very light cardio and floor exercises.

Ceejay - Glad to hear your sink got fixed. And congrats on the new furniture! That's wonderful! I saw on the Weather Channel that they had flooding in Jonesboro. Is that near you? I hope you're staying high and dry.

Annie - Dang, I missed your cookout on Sunday! That'll teach me not to check in for days. Our corn here is very late as we had a late start to spring. I bought some at the store - must've been shipped in from somewhere, and it was a bit tough. My DH keeps telling me that one of these years, we will get to Indy for the race. He went with his dad several times as a kid. He watched the race on TV of course. I sort of watch the race on and off...mostly after it's halfway or more done. How nice you got to enjoy your great niece!

Mel - Glad to hear you are feeling better and that you get the heating aid...and that Social Security finally got their sh*t together.

Shad - Good for you for standing up to the recruiter and getting yourself a few days off between jobs to take care of the household. Good for you for getting things straight with the management company and getting right on finding yourself a place to stay. I hope you get to see your great niece or nephew before you head to Sydney.

Happy - Sounds like you had a very nice weekend. Sorry to hear about your neighbors' lack of yard upkeep. Our next door neighbor keeps his yard immaculate. We probably drive him a bit crazy as we let our grass get a little longer than he does, and we don't weed whack with every single mow...We do it as we can based on my back and DH's knee, but mostly we keep our yard nice. Too bad that your country homes are so far away from where you work. We live in a subdivision but out in the country amidst farms, and my commute is only 1/2 hour (unless it's a blizzard or something).

Jolly - Congrats on finishing the half-marathon! You rock, sista! You are definitely the exercise !

I've got to sign off and get to work! So much to do in a short week!

Love and big hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #185  
Annie - Indiana

GOOD TUESDAY MORNING TO YOU ALL...ALMOST HUMP DAY ALREADY!

SHAD...GREAT NIECE OR NEPHEW HERE YET? HOW EXCITING! I LOVE BABIES. TOO BAD THEY GROW UP AND BE KIDS AND TEENAGERS. KIND OF LIKE PUPPIES AND KITTENS. THEY GROW UP AND BE CATS AND DOGS. LOL

MEL...SHOPPING CAN BE FUN WHETHER WE NEED TO GO OR NOT. I AM ON A WATERMELON AND CORN ON COB KICK. CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF EITHER OF THEM. HAVE FUN.

MICHELLE...WHAT A FUN WEEKEND WITH DMIL. I USED TO GO FOSSIL AND COIN HUNTING WITH MY DAD WHEN LITTLE. NEVER FOUND TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING. GLAD YOU GOT YOUR GARDEN OUT, MY GARDEN IS GROWING BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS. TOMATO PLANTS LOOK MARVELOUS AS DOES THE PEPPER, ZUCHINNI, AND CUCUMBERS. HOPE ALL DOES AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS. SPINACH IS ABOUT READY TO HARVEST, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, LETTUCE IS COMING ALONG RIGHT BEHIND IT. SO GLAD YOUR DOGGIE IS BACK SAFE AT HOME. WHEN HELLA BELLA GETS OUT SHE DOESN'T USUALLY GO FAR BUT IT SURE MAKES THE HEART PUMP.

CEEJAY...WE HAD SOME FLASH FLOODING YESTERDAY AND ROAD CLOSURERS IN ONE COUNTY OVER FROM US, BUT ALL AND ALL NOT TOO BAD. THE GARDEN NEEDED THE RAIN, BUT NOW IT CAN STOP. WE HAVE SCATTERED SHOWERS FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

SURE IS HARD GETTING BACK INTO THE SWING OF GETTING UP AND COMING TO WORK. I AM NOT NOT NOT COMPLAINING HOWEVER, I AM STILL GRATEFUL AND LOVING MY JOB. IT IS THE GETTING UP PART THAT JUST KILLS ME, ONCE I ACCOMPLISH THAT IT IS ALL DOWN HILL.

SKIES ARE GETTING DARK AND DREARY BOUT TIME FOR A GULLY WASHER.

HELLO TO EVERYONE.

LOVE AND HUGS
Old 05-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #186  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey Annie - Hope you don't get washed away by all the rain. We're going to be having our share of rain today and tomorrow as well, which my plants will be happy about. My cherry tomato plant already has flowers on it, so I'm excited about having some sweet yummy tomatoes in the near future. The thing about my doggie getting out that upset me more was that he was heading for such a busy road and I didn't have the back, legs or lungs to catch him....the bratty little turd! I'm so glad he's home safe and sound. And I'm going to S-L-O-W-L-Y work on striving for more fitness, less pain and easier breathing.

I've started reading "Body for Life for Women" by Pamela Peeke. A lot of the "after" photos look a bit more body builder-ish than I want.....but I'm sure I can get some good information out of this book.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #187  
Annie - Indiana

Michelle...your exercising will come back, it is great you are taking is slowly. Question: Does losing weight help with asthma? I guess it might, since your lungs wouldn't work as hard. I have just never been around anyone with asthma. I am sure getting out in the garden helps build your strength and is good exercise. I love cherry tomatos. They tend to grow easily. I may throw some in the corner of the yard by the fence for easy growing. I am sure any health/exercise book would have at least a few things we could use for our fitness, my problem is just applying them to my situation. lol. I just read an article on another thread about eating dried plums (prunes) for curbing appetite. You might try that as far as eating healthy goes.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #188  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi Annie - Yes, losing weight does help a lot with asthma, as does improving cardiovascular fitness. I know that when I was working out regularly and 20 lbs or so lighter, I could do a flight or two of stairs without getting winded. As of right now, I get winded with one flight of stairs (if I'm carrying something like laundry).
Old 05-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #189  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

congrats on the new baby Shad - glad to hear the niece finally "delivered"

Michelle - with the BFL I'm sure you can adjust the workout to get a cut look instead of "Arnold". Some people get into lifting and just really really like it alot and decide to take it to a better level.

Lots of pop up storms around here. Good for the new flowers we just put in.

Gotta run to a meeting to all
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #190  

Hey all. Sounds like busy times for everyone. Congrats on new babies etc. Glad your pup didn't get away Michelle. That is always a huge fear of mine.

Well, feeling pretty good, all things considered. Got to go in and look at shoes tomorrow, then back to the running regimen. Hoo ha.

That's all I got for now. I don't even know what day it is. Crazy!

jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #191  

Not an Aunt yet. DB2 rung this morning to say JJ is in hospital, she is in labour and will probably deliver around 12 midday. Which all means that I will not get to see the baby before I go to Sydney. Aaaah well. At least I got home in enough time to get her moving. Must have been the chocolate fish I bought for him yesterday.

I've just got a bit of packing and a bit of housework to do before I go to catch the plane. Not a lot of time either so I guess it might be time to get on with it.

I'll be back later with personals.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #192  

I'm a great Aunt. I have a new little niecelet. Born at 8.55am this morning 27th May at Logan Hospital, Logan City, Queensland Australia.
No name or weight yet. They are dithering between two and no weight yet, but she has a great pair of lungs.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:54 AM   #193  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Wednesday -

I worked a long day yesterday - 12 hours. Got home, ate, showered and watched TV. Today, I've got acupuncture after work. I'll make sure I have proper pillow placement this time to lessen the back stiffness I get laying on my stomach.

Shad - Congrats on being a great aunt! Are you in Sydney now? Will you be making any trips home or just waiting until the end of your contract?

Happy - Thanks for the suggestion to modify BFL. I thought people, especially women, couldn't get "ripped" like Arnold unless they took some kinds of supplements. Anyway, since I can now go back to the gym, I'm going to set up coaching appointments...coaching is free...but is more discussion than training. Hopefully, I can talk the coach into enough "training" to ensure that I'm doing my PT and other new exercises correctly. I of course want to lose weight...but I need to get my back and core and legs fit and strong.

Jolly - Congrats on getting new shoes...I'm so impressed by your dedication to your training and achieving your goals! YGG!!

Annie, Ceejay, Mel, Patty and everyone else - I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 05-27-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #194  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE~ DOG CHASING, FOSSIL HUNTING AND GARDEN SHOPPING...SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT WEEKEND TO ME!! HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH THE DMIL! THE EXERCISE WILL "HAPPEN" WHEN IT'S TIME. JUST DON'T RUSH IT OR YOU WILL BE BACK MWHERE YOU STARTED AND I'LL HAVE TO SIC SHADDIE AND HER CATTLE PROD ON YOU!! GOOD LUCK WITH DR. NEEDLES!

ANNIE~ I ALWAYS HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING UP ON MONDAYS OR THE DAY AFTER A LONG WEEKEND. HOPE THE WHOLE WEEK IS DOWNHILL FOR YOU!! HOW ARE YOU FEELING? ANY LINGERING ACHES? I THINK YOUR RAIN IS HERE! DON'T GET WASHED AWAY!

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABY NIECE SHAD!! HOW WONDERFUL! HAVE FUN IN SYDNEY!

LOTS OF DARK SKIES AND I AM READY TO GO BACK TO BED. GRANDSON IS MAD I AM TYPING AND MAKING NOISE. HE WANTS TO SLEEP. I AM IN A BRAIN FOG SO I'LL JUST SAY HAVE A GREAT DAY! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S WEDNESDAY ALREADY!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #195  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Niecelet - love it Shad! Congrats on the new baby. I'll bet Annie would be jumping the line to be the first to hold it

I really like that Congratulations pic Mel.

Michelle - from what I understand in order to be in competitive "Arnold like" body building you would have to work out something like 6 hours a day. And those ladies look like that only when "posing" when "at rest" they don't look all big and bulky like men do. I didn't believe this myself until DH pointed it out with several different examples. Thing is, most of us would never work out that hard. My friend's BF is a body builder and they work out together. She can leg press 300 pounds and he has her working something like 30 pound dumbells and she just has great tone, no buldging muscles. Hope your therapy goes ok.

Annie, I think eating prunes curbs your appetite because of it's poo effects.

Hot weather curbs my appetite. Yesterday they turned on the tropical steamy button. We had lots of storms but it's soo muggy outside. I walked a little bit and was drenched in sweat.

Sorry to be so short but I gotta get running. Have a good one all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote