Old 05-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #196  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - Thanks for the further info about lifting. My goal/plan is to get strong and fit and tone, and have my body feel, work and support itself like nature intended. Wow! 300 lb leg presses? 30 lb dumbells? Sheesh, and I thought I was lifting a lot (compared to other female exercisers at the gym) when I graduated up to 8 lbs dumbells. Of course, now, I'll probably use 4 or 5 lb dumbells since I've lost a bit of muscle tone.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #197  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

It's Hump Day, Whew Whooooooo.......

Gray and rainy today. Made back to Curves last night, tanned, stopped at DDs house for hair color, dug a 2 1/2 ft. tree out of her yard and took it home and planted it. They have a bazillion little trees that have come up all around their yard from and inch high to 3 ft. I told her boyfriend he had better get them out cause they are mostly around the house and cement porch/patio and walks..the tree will get big, the roots will too and bust up the cement. ah, what do I know?? Also planted two roma tomato plants and two cherry tomato plants. If all my veggies take hold, Holy cow, I will hafta open a market stand at the end of my driveway. hahaha

Happy...You bet I would be the first in line to hold that baby of Shads. It is quite humid here too, it takes a pair of scissors to cut through it to walk to your car.

Shad...Congrats on the new neice. Baby girls are so sweet and the clothes they have for them these days. Wow!

Michelle...darlin' don't work so hard today. You are going to wear yourself out then what good will you be to DMIL?

MEL...have a great day sista. I have no aches or pains from last week's surgery. Just a little bit of spotting. Not too bad at all.

Ate leftover BBQ meatloaf and a baked potato for lunch today. I love leftover meatloaf. Slapped a slice of cheese on the potato when I heated it up. YUM YUM. Now I am almost too full.

Not much else going on. Heya's to everyone. Have a great afternoon/evening/morning.

Love and Hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #198  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Short note:
I am in Sydney. I work beside the Sydney Opera House. I can see the Sydney Harbour bridge out my work window.
Baby's name is Savannah and she weighs 7.2oz according to the family gossip.
I'm not sure whether I am going to enjoy this job or not. However I'm told today I can relax a little. Tomorrow I hit the typewriter or should that be trypewriter.

Back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #199  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Heh, there, Great-Auntie Shad. Congratulations on the niecelet! I guess you meant 7.2 pounds though....she'd be a notlet otherwise! I'd love to be looking out the window at Sydney Harbor...out my window is a mass of ugly buildings, a gray sky and the sound of a siren going by. Warm though. Have a good time!

Last edited by redballoon; 05-28-2009 at 12:55 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:07 AM   #200  

Hey all. Congrats on Savannah, Shad. But "chocolate fish" I realize what it is, but my first thought was chocolate covered cod. Blech. And being able to see the Opera House? Wow. They just did a bit on the news about a light show there. I would love to visit Australia.

Michelle, good luck with your accupuncture. And I agree with Happy about the body building. I think it also may need some additional hormones, if you know what I mean. Oxygen is a good magazine for serious weight training. They just talk fitness and nutrition, and don't waste time on "What eye liner is the best shade for me" crap. That's what Glamour is for!

Have a great day all Keep sending kicks in the rear for me. Motivation is low - the cool mornings do that to me. And never try to restart a diet during PMS. I bit my own lip trying to inhale some bad for me stuff
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #201  
Annie - Indiana

SHAD....AWWWW, WHAT A SWEET NAME FOR THE BABE. YOUR VIEW IS WAY BETTER THAN MINE ALSO. GRAY SKIES, INTERSTATE 465 AROUND INDY AND A TRASH DUMP. HAVE SOME FUN IN SYDNEY, WISH I WERE THERE WITH YOU....

JOLLY...SENDING YOU MAJOR KICKS IN THE HEINY...GET MOTIVATED GIRL.

REDBALLOON...DON'T THINK WE HAVE MET, HOWDIE!

NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE AGAIN TODAY, AM GOING TO CURVES AND TANNING TONIGHT. BIG WHOOP! DON'T HAVE MUCH ON THE AGENDA FOR THE WEEKEND EITHER. RAIN ON SATURDAY. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE SUNNY AND 82 ON SUNDAY, TONY SUGGESTED A DAY OF RIDING ON THE HARLEY. I AM IN FOR SURE FOR THAT ONE.

HELLO CEEJAY, MICHELLE, HAPPY, MEL. PATTY AND ANYONE ELSE I MAY HAVE MISSED.

HAVE A MARVELOUS THURSDAY ALL!

MUCH LOVE AND MANY HUGS
Old 05-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #202  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ I STOLE THE CONGRATULATIONS FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE! I LOVED IT TOO SO I SAVED THE PAGE.
HOPE YOUR BUSY TIME GOES WELL. IT'S MUGGY AND COLD HERE. NOT NICE BUT NOT YOUR STEAMY!

JOLLY~ WE WILL BE READY WITH THE CATTLE PROD SHOULD YOU FALL OFF THE WAGON AND NEED A LITTLE EXTRA MOTIVATION

SHAD~ SAVANNAH...OOOOHHH. I LOVE THAT NAME. HOW NICE TO HAVE A NEW NIECE. WHEN WILL YOU ACTUALLY GET TO SEE HER? JUST TELL YOURSELF WITH THE JOB..CHA-CHING!! AND WATCH THE BANK ACCOUNT RISE!! THAT SHOULD KEEP YOU HAPPY AND YOUR HANDS OFF ANY WEAPONS!!!

MICHELLE~ I REMEMBER BEFORE I LOST THE WEIGHT I COULDN'T BREATHE AT NIGHT OR LIE DOWN! WITH YOUR DETERMINATION YOU'LL BE BACK TO YOUR ROUTINE IN NO TIME.

ANNIE~ HAVE FUN ON THE HARLEY THIS WEEKEND. WE'RE IN THE FOGGY CATAGORY HERE, LOOKS LIKE RAIN BUT NO RAIN WITH THE WEEKEND BEING HOT AND SUNNY. GO CURVES GO!! I WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT I DID MY 100 MINS ON THE PEDALS BUT NOT ALL THE STRETCHING LAST WEEK. THE ARM JUST WASN'T UP TO DOING IT ALL. BUT THIS WEEK IS GOING GREAT. GLAD YOU AREN'T ACHY AND SAVE ME SOME MATERS!! YUM!!

GOT UP EARLY AND BEGAN THE DAY FULL STEAM AHEAD FOR SOME STUPID REASON LIKE WHERE AM I GOING??? I THINK I ALREADY SPENT MY DAY'S ALLOTMENT OF ENERGY! I GOT A CALL LAST NIGHT TO REMIND ME OF THE UPCOMING GOVERNOR PRIMARY ELECTION IN JUNE. I NEED TO PLAN MY MEALS AND STICK TO THE SCHEDULE I MAKE FOR MYSELF. IT WORKED SO WELL LAST MONTH.
I AM OFF TO THE MAINT ROOM AND MAKE SOME ALARM REPORTS AND CHECK UP ON THE ELEVATOR REPAIRS. SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T HAVE TO STAND ON PEOPLE'S HEADS TO GET THINGS DONE AROUND HERE.
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY
**I SEE 3 FAT CHICKS WON'T LET ME SAY
R E T A R D E D SO I CHANGED IT TO STUPID!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-28-2009 at 08:44 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

When I looked at the clock this morning I thought it said 8.29 a.m. but alas it said 6.29 a.m. Realized this after I was in the tub and the clock in the bath room said 7 a.m.

I've had a busy busy week. Memorial day I worked and those thunder storms drove me up a wall. Weird electrical things started to happen at the plant also. Called the plant's standby person out three times because of it. Yesterday the boss took one of the ground storage tanks off line for repairs in June. He had me doing odd jobs all day because of this. I was exhausted last night and passed out on the couch last night. Got up at 12.30 and got in bed.

Shad
Congratulations on your niece. I have two great neices and one great nephew.

Mel
I need routine in my day.

Annie
Enjoy your ride.

Michelle
Don't over do on the exercise. 8 pounds is more than I can handle on upper body weight. My lower body is stronger.

Jolly
I'm trying to get routine in my schedule and more motivation. :kick: Come girl let's get started.

Happy
Are you staying dry in all this rain?

To all the rest have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #204  
Annie - Indiana

MEL....you could shorten it to R-tard, that is big around here. GREAT job on the exercising. I am sure I didn't get enough minutes in a Curves cause yesterday was my first day back after surgery. However, I worked in my yard Sat & Sun from about 10-6pm both days. Hard work too, not just fluffing around. So I probably got my minutes in last week regardless of Curves.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #205  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

So much to catch up on and so little time! Work is busy as usual, which is great! I'm finally solving an issue that I've had for a couple days. Yay! Got an afternoon full of meetings and then hopefully gonna get to the gym later for some LIGHT cardio and LIGHT weights.

Shad - Congrats on Savannah and Sydney Harbor! I'm so looking forward to traveling to Australia one of these years!!

Annie - good for you for getting back to curves (and for the yard work). You'd better not be overdoing it either, young lady! Have fun on the Harley!

Jolly - Thanks for the recommendation about Oxygen magazine. I used to subscribe to Shape and Self, and didn't much like all the makeup and fashion stuff. I'll check Oxygen out.

Mel - Good thing they have you to keep everyone in line and make sure things get done. Too bad they need checking up on.

Ceejay - I'm not at 8 lbs now....gonna start back up slowly (and lightly). Don't work too hard. Remember to take care of you!

to everyone!

Big hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #206  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi y'all from the steamy "why did I BOTHER to waste time fixing my hair today" south -

One thing it does especially well down here is rain HARD. We had several storms yesterday, bursts of rain and thunder. Not as much as Ceejay I'm sure but enough to give all the new plants a good watering. Poor Mr. Feral crawled into his dry bed on the porch yesterday and promptly fell asleep with an "I'm loving this blanket" look on his face. Not too many things more pitiful than a wet cat unless it's an old, beat up wet cat.

DH mowed the lawn yesterday (ours and our vacant neighbors - who are returning). He said our cat has been extremely busy hunting critters - I won't say much more than that but feel free to say ewwwwwww. She is (fortunately for her) leaving all the birds alone. Everyone is having babies - we have at least 3 wrens in the Coke box, 2 baby redheaded woodpeckers, a couple of baby cardinals that are buried so deep in the trees we can't count them and I'm sure there are some baby bluejays, robins and mockingbirds in the mix. The yard is ablaze with activity. DH is getting the mockingbirds hooked on cereal bars again - they have a real sugar jones.

How weird Shad. I was talking to one of my "cube-mates" yesterday and he is moving to Savannah (Georgia). Today I find that's your new grand-niece's name. And a pretty name at that. Do you get free Coca Cola on the job now? I know you aren't fond of the hustle of big cities but hope this job isn't so bad. Bask in the fact that most, if not all of us are envious of your view.

Ceejay - you must have almost been sleep walking this morning. Sounds like you are still shortchanged on the sleep. I think the weather should calm down soon and hopefully so will your job.

Mel - sounds like you are doing good on program. Now just keep it that way - so much better when you don't overextend yourself - even if for selfish reasons only because we get you posting regularly. Good for you getting your pedals in - I took a lunchtime walk (inside the building) to support you/us/me.

Annie - do you head out to the country when you go on the bike? My DH would avoid the nuts on the expressway and try and take the less travelled roads. Sounds like you have perfect weather for riding - not too hot or too cold.

Jolly - just remember that like here, the cool mornings will soon switch to steamy ones - get the runs in the cool while you can. Humidity suckith. Did you get some new shoes yet?

Hello Red nice to see you Sure, you have grey buildings but don't you have gardens and cherry blossoms too - that is, if you can get away from work long enough to enjoy them.

Michelle - 8 pound dumbells are pretty awesome to me! I still struggle with 5'ers. At that point too where tears and injuries are more common from stupid moves so that keeps me in check. Are you only doing accupuncture once a week? Did it help or too soon to tell?

Patty, how are you?

I went over to Fresh Market (the foo foo grocery store) yesterday after work to pick up a few things. They had some different yogurts. One Aussie one, a new Greek style one and a Canadian one. I decided to try one of each. This morning had the Canadian one - fruit on the bottom - plum and walnut - an interesting flavor. I FORGOT to look at the label. 240 calories for a small 6 ounce carton. AHHHHHHHHHHH I didn't want to toss it but geez Louise! That's like almost a whole meal by itself! It was good but not THAT good.

Lunch is over, time to get back to work. See yah...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #207  
Annie - Indiana

Hey ya Happy...yep, we sure do ride the country side. Too many idiots out there for the highway. We were on the highway one time for about 3 miles cause there was no way to get where we were going without doing it. That was enough for me, I think the truckers like to play chicken with bikers. Kind of spooky.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #208  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM GOING TO FOOD SHOP AND WORK TOMORROW SO I CAME HERE TO SAY HOWDY A WEE BIT EARLY. I'LL PRETEND I LIVE IN THE LAND OF OZ AND IT'S ALREADY FRIDAY I HAD A GREAT DAY. GOT A LOT DONE AND FEEL MUCH BETTER THAN USUAL. SHOULD I NOT BRAG??? OOPS...TOO LATE, I ALREADY DID EVEN THE BLDG IS QUIET. PEOPLE DID THINGS WITHOUT BEING ASKED TWICE. FELT FUNNY NOT TO HAVE TO RAISE MY VOICE. I'M SUCH A TERROR. THERE ARE DAYS THAT I SERIOUSLY WONDER WHY NO ONE YELLS BACK AT ME I MEAN WTF....DO THEY REALLY THINK I WOULD GO OVER THEIR HEADS AND RAT ON THEM? GUESS THEY DO!!! ANYWAY....THE SENIORS CANNOT WAIT TILL THE HERBS GROW TALLER. I ASKED THEM TO GIVE THE PLANTS A CHANCE TO MATURE. THEY'RE LIKE LITTLE KIDS IN A CANDY STORE. I WILL WELCOME THE SUNSHINE WITH OPEN ARMS THIS WEEKEND. TOO MANY DREARY DAYS ARE PUTTING THIS BUILDING TO SLEEP....INCLUDING ME!! IF I DON'T COME BACK TOMORROW...HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND AND STAY WELL & HAPPY

JEANETTE~ I KNOW IT'S HARDER WHEN YOU WORK BUT SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO MAKE A SCHEDULE AND TRY TO STICK TO IT. LIKE I EXERCISE AT A CERTAIN TIME AT NIGHT WITH A PROGRAM I LIKE OR IN THE MORNING WITH OTHERS. I STARTED SMALL AND BEGAN MAKING HABITS. GOING TO DO IT WITH OTHER STUFF TOO. IT MAKES ME LESS CRAZY SORRY THE STORMS SCREW THE JOB UP. HOPE ALL THOSE LITTLE JOBS DON'T KEEP PILING UP!!! NOW GET INTO THAT BED!!!

ANNIE~ YOU GOT A GREAT WORKOUT WITH THE GARDENING AND ALL. THAT COUNTS. THE ONLY THING WE CAN'T COUNT IS BUTT WIPING....NO MATTER HOW MANY TIME WE GO (OR IN OUR CASE, DON'T GO) AND BESIDES...WE BOTH HAD DR NOTES THIS WEEK.

MICHA~ SO LITTLE TIME AND SO MUCH TO DO....DON'T FORGET TO TAKE THE TIME AND SMELL THE ROSES THIS WEEKEND OR GO FISHING!!

HAPPY....HOLY CRAP BATMAN. 240 CALORIES!! HOPE IT TASTED A LOT BETTER THAN JUST GOOD WAS THAT YOU I WAS TRYING TO CHASE DOWN WALKING??? THOUGHT IT WAS YOU BECAUSE OF THE NEW "STEAMY DO". I HEAR YA ON THE WEATHER. TRADER'S IS ADVERTISING SOME GREEK YOGURT IN 3 FLAVORS. WHEN I GO NEXT WEEK I AM GONNA TAKE A LOOK. WONDER WHAT THEIR CAL COUNT IS THEY HAVE STRAWBERRY N CREAM AND IT'S 4OZ AT 140 cals and 6 gr fat. IT COMES IN BLUEBERRY, VANILLA AND BANANA TOO. I LIKE IT CAUSE IT'S ONE OF THE FEW FATS I DO EAT AND DOESN'T GIVE ME HEARTBURN.
POOR OLD MR FERAL. I WAS JUST THINKING OF HIM THE OTHER DAY. I LOOKED AT MY GRANDSON AND HE IS AGING AROUND THE EYES JUST LIKE ME WONDER IF HE'S STILL ALIVE, IF I CAN TAKE HIM TO A NURSING HOME EWWWWWW ON THE LAWNMOWING!!
GEEZ...I'M WRITING A WHOLE FRIGGING LETTER TO YOU HERE!! HOPE YOU HAD FREE TIME TO READ ALL THIS

TO SHAD AND JOLLY AND PATTY AND CARLA AND MADCAT AND RUTH ALL THE CHICKS HERE AND ABROAD....OOPS....FORGOT NAE!!! SO SORRY

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-28-2009 at 05:53 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #209  
Annie - Indiana

Holy crap MEL...you are a hoot! I got Curves in, tanning in, grocery in, and now doing laundry...just about outta gas, well not quite....and wiping should count towards exercising, or at least grunting.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #210  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Howdy all,
Another short note. I'm still here although yesterday I tried to bring the system down with a worm virus. They had to come and take my computer away cos it was systematically shutting out users!

I'll try to get online over the weekend, however the place where I am staying charges $5 hour for broadband ($18 per day) I'm going to have to find a way to circumvent the system or use an internet cafe. That's totally ridiculous. $300 per month. Not likely mate!

Yoghurts sound interesting - I'd be interested to figure out which aussie one you got. Some are big on calories particularly the full cream milk greek style ones. However, you are lucky you didn't get NZ ones as the milk there has a far higher butterfat content. Aaaaah well.

Gotta go. I'm going to do some sight seeing over the weekend, but I will think of you all and try and get a decent post in.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote