Old 05-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #166  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

short post here today. I'm in the last minute packing mode. Just a bit of a cleanup around the joint and I am good to go. Geez I can collect some stuff though.

News yesterday that I have a new job in Sydney working for Coca Cola. It's a short term (6 week) deal but may lead to more work in Brisbane. So far it hasn't started off too great because I've already had a spat with the recruiter. I had spoken to the interviewer and agreed I could be in Sydney at the beginning of June and he seemed okay with that. The &$&#*#* recruiter told him that I could be in Sydney by next Wednesday! What. So I have told the $%^&#% recruiter that I will be in Sydney ready to start of Thursday or the deal is off. Since they want someone fast, they have agreed. I pointed out to both of them that it isn't my fault that they are so disorganised as to not working out their requirements early and not advertising early enough and that I am not about to land in Sydney stressed and unready. Take it or leave it. I did point out that if they wished to pay for someone to come in to my place and take over the organisation of the animals, plants, cleaning, clearing and washing, orgainising me a place to live and dealing with the bills and mail, then I could probably make Tuesday. They declined. Thursday it is.

Having said that. I'd better go finish the pack/ clean section of Melbourne and get ready for breakfast. I'll look at personals later today.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #167  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD~ IT IS SUCH A SHAME THAT STUPIDITY SEEMS TO RULE.....BUT I HAVE LEARNED A LOT FROM YOU AS WELL ABOUT NOT BEATING MY HEAD AGAINST THE BROOKLY BRIDGE TOO! YOU SAY 2 DAYS WERE LEFT SO I AM SAFE IN ASSUMING YOU ARE HOME OR FLYING THERE NOW! SAFE TRAVELS FRIEND AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND WITH SUNDAY!

JOLLY~ CONSIDERED YOUR BACKSIDE TAZERED!!! WTF!!! GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR YOUNG LADY AND GET BACK ON PROGRAM!!!(TIS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO DID THE SAME THING THIS WEEK...AND USED FEELING SICK AS AN EXCUSE) WE WILL BOTH KICK EACH OTHERS BUTTS THIS WEEK!! DEAL????

HAPPY~ EVERY TIME I SEE YOUR CAT WITH GLASSES...IT CRACKS ME UP TAKE OUT FOOD IS RIDICULOUS UNLESS IT'S THE CHEAP FAST FOOD JUNK THEY ARE HAVING SALES ON EVERY DAY IT SEEMS NOW! LOL THE BUCKET OF WARM WATER WOULD FEEL GREAT SO LONG AS I CAN HAVE ALCOHOL!! ROFLMAO YOU CRACKED ME UP!!! HOPE YOUR TO DO LIST GETS SHORTER!!! SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOU'RE ENERGY LEVEL!

JEANETTE~ OOOHHHHH MERXICAN FOOD. I HAVEN'T HAD THAT IN EONS!!! SAVE SOME FOR ME TOO!! BUT IF I ATE IT..MY FEET WOULD BE SWOLLEN UP TO MY ARMPITS! GLAD YOU GOT TO ADD YOUR 2 CENTS AT THE MEETING. AS FOR THE WOMAN...SHE THINKS SHE'S TOO IMPORTANT!!! LOL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

MICHELLE~ GLOW IN THE DARK!!! ROFLMYAZZOFF GLAD ALL WENT WELL WITH PT AND ACCU. LET US NOT FORGET ALL THE TIME TI TOOK TO FEEL THIS GOOD WHEN YOU BEGIN THE CARDIO!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T MAKE ME RIDE ALL THE WAY OUT THERE AND SMACK YOU!!! STAY WELL MY FRIEND AND DON'T OVER DO IT!!
ENJOY THE MIL VISIT AND SHOPPING!

ANNIE~ I AM VERY HAPPY TO HEAR THERE AREN'T ANY ACHES AND PAINS GOING ON FROM THE SURGERY. I WAS WONDERING IF IT WAS GOING TO BE A DELAYED REACTION AND WAS THINKING OF YOU YESTERDAY AND TODAY. GOOD NEWS!! YES I AM AVAILABLE FOR COOKOUTS THIS WEEKEND AND WOULD LOVE TO ATTEND YOURS AND MEET TONY TO SEE WHAT THE BROUHAHA IS ALL ABOUT HAVE A GOOD TIME!!! +

OK...EXCEPT FOR PATTY...I AM ALL CAUGHT UP. HOPE PATTY IS DOING OK AND HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND AS WELL. ONCE AGAIN, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #168  
Happy September

HELLO LIL SISTER SHAD! SAFE TRAVELS AND I AM GLAD TO SEE MORE WORK ON THE HORIZON...ALTHOUGH IT WOUOLD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE SOME DOWN TIME FOR A WEEK OR TWO OR THREE!!! STAY WELL
Old 05-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

have a happy and safe week end.

I spent my over time dollars on some new furniture. Bought a new matress and box springs, a chest of drawers and a new computer desk. Now I'm set for old age and maybe a less paying job. This job is getting next to me. She ordered the computer desk today. So maybe by next week end I'll have new furniture. Now if the land lord would update the appliances. I might do that myself and when I do retire I'll take every thing with me. whoohooo.

Don't eat to much. I'm starting again in June.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #170  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY SATURDAY....

I DECIDED, I AIN'T DOIN' NUTTIN' FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS ACCEPT THINGS I WANNA DO. NO CLEANING, YARDWORK, NUTTIN'

I AM HAVING CORN ON THE COB I BOUGHT AT KROGER LAST NIGHT, 5 EARS FOR A BUCK. YES, I AM HAVING IT FOR BREAKFAST AND I MUST SAY IT IS QUITE GOOD. IT IS THE WHITE/YELLOW MIX CORN AND OH SO GOOD AND SWEET. EATING STRAIGHT WITH NO BUTTER, SALT OR NUTTIN ON IT. YUM. IT IS CRAZY, BUT I AM EXCITED ABOUT THIS DANG CORN. I NEED TO GET A LIFE.

CEEJAY...I HAVE A COMPUTER DESK THAT I WOULD GIVE YOU FOR FREE. IT IS IN MY SON'S ROOM, WHO DOES NOT LIVE HERE NOR WANT IT.

SHAD...WELCOME HOME AND GOOD FOR YOU ON THE NEW JOB. ENJOY YOUR SHORT TIME AT HOME.

MEL....CONGRATS ON THE GOVT CHECKS...YAHOO...THE SENIORS "PATIO" SOUNDS CUTE. COULD YOU AND JEN/RICHIE COME LIVE WITH ME AND TAKE CARE OF ALL MY SH*T? AND WE COULD HAVE SHAD COME TOO SHE COULD KEEP US ORGANIZED, MICHELLE COULD KEEP US FIT, AND EVERYONE ELSE COULD JUST KEEP US COMPANY.

NOT MUCH ELSE GOING ON, HAVE A MARVY DAY.

LOVE AND HUGS
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #171  
Happy September

ANNIE...GONNA DO THE SAME AS YOU...NUTTIN! HOPE YOUR NUTTIN WEEKEND GOES WELL AND YOU HAVE SOME PEACE AND REST GOOD THINKING! WISH IT WOULD BE SO SIMPLE...WE WOULD ALL MOVE AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU! OF COURSE WHEN YOU BECOME A SENIOR, YOU CAN MOVE INTO MY BUILDING AND WE CAN TAKE CARE OF YOU RIGHT HERE

JEANETTE~ WOW!! GOOD FOR YOU GETTING THE FURNITURE! NICE TO TREAT YOURSELF TO NEW SURROUNDINGS! ENJOY!

SO FAR SO GOOD WITH THE SENIORS...BUT THEN THE WEEKEND IS YOUNG YET. I AM SURE THEY WILL FIND SOMETHING TO GET ME AND MY CHAIR ON THE RUN.
I WANTED TO GET A JUMP START ON THE WEEKEND AND THE CONSTRUCTION MEN ARRIVED VERY EARLY!! GUESS THEY THOUGHT NO ONE WOULD HEAR ALL THE DRILLING AND YELLING TO EACH OTHER CAUSE SOME WALLS ARE UP!!! GOD BLESS CONSTRUCTION MEN.
I PUT MY HERB WINDOWBOX OUTSIDE THIS MORNING. GOING TO SHARE MINE WITH THEM AS WELL AS THE ONE I STARTED FOR THEM. SEEMS THEY ARE GOING TO TOWN COOKING WITH FRESH HERBS AND I'M NOT. SO MIGHT AS WELL ENCOURAGE THEM TO KEEP AT IT.
JUST WANTED TO JUMP IN HERE AND SAY HELLO AND SEE IF SHADDIE GOT HOME SAFE AND SOUND.
HAPPY SATURDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-23-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #172  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Did manage to knock some things off the to-do list. Got a pretty red hibiscus for the front yard as well as 2 dwarf, compact yellow ones. Got some new flowers in pink and purple for the side yard - they are tropical ones, the names are new to me but they are pretty. I spent 2 hours cleaning out the flower beds. All the while I was wondering why. My neighbor has a magnolia tree that borders our driveway. She NEVER takes care of it. All the dead leaves fall to the ground and blow over to our nicely mowed, neat lawn. On the other side the people have vacated west as they hated it here. They are trying to rent their house but no takers. In the meantime the house is falling apart and the yard is a terrible mess. Weeds abound and they just blow right over to our yard so it's a never ending battle trying to stay on top of it. The only good thing is that I got some good exercise which I'm sure I will feel in the morning. Guess we will have to bury the flowers in mulch if we are to possibly stay on top of the weeds. People who do care and maintain their yards here say this is the worst year for weeds they have ever seen.

My coworker's son was having a Boy Scout fundraiser where they were selling pork butts (smoked pork roasts). We had to go way out in the country to pick it up. Gave us a chance to take a nice ride. We had a great bbq dinner at the restaurant where we picked up the roast so I'm sure that will be good too. Stopped at a roadside stand and got some great peaches, strawberries, a pecan pie for DH (too sweet for me), and some orange pineapple marmalade I am curious about and eager to try at breakfast tomorrow. We drove around the area, looked at houses, decided it's nice up that way. Newer homes on large lots which gets you away from being on top of another like here. If those neighbors decide not to pick up their newspapers on the driveway for weeks on end. you don't see it from your house so who cares It's something to think about in a few years, more out in the country as we'd want to but no way am I driving over an hour a day each way to get to work.

I think I actually did enough today to make me sleepy enough to go to bed earlier. I got up at 7 today, even though it was a weekend. Surprise, surprise Gomer...

Mel - have you decided you are sensitive to the herbs you have grown or are you just sharing everything you have once again? I know you have to keep things on the milder side. Will the construction guys keep you amused?

Annie - the first holiday of the summer is meant to be celebrated just kicking back and enjoying things. I think it's going to be a very good year for corn. We got some last week at the farmers market and just like you said - so good nekkid it would be a shame to dress it up. Enjoy!

Safe travels back home Shad. Bet you are glad to be getting out of that place. And cripes - where's the breather to the new job? Hope it turns out to be a better environment but already it sounds like you'd better walk in with your running shoes!

Ceejay - yay on the new furniture. Not a bad idea to put out the money while you are working and get good quality stuff that will hold up. Used to be you needed alot of room on the computer desk but with laptops and such now, you can be quite versatile.

Jolly - hope you got back in the groove for prepping for your running again. Don't give in to the holiday temptations.

Michelle - hope you are feeling better after treatment and enjoying some relaxing time with your family!

I think it's about time for me hit the hay so I'll say Good Night now. Sleep well and safe travels.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:50 AM   #173  

Hiya all, from Brisbane where it is showery with sunny periods and heavy rain periods. 90 minutes down the road and the poor folk are under water. It's been a very wet autumn up here and the natives are not happy campers. It's good from the water point of view and the dams are getting fuller by the day, but lousy for the tourist trade. About now we normally have an influx of the grey nomads - retirees travelling around Australia) coming north for the winter. We are still have wet season so it's not a good look.

DS2 has done a fair amount of work in the garden for me. Trimmed the hedge, mowed the lawns, chopped back her next doors creeper which like Happy's neighbouring magnolia threatens to take over. So I have some weeding to do and some planting to do, but most of it is pretty good. I'm happy.

My niece is yet to have this much awaited baby. It was due on 18th May and here we are at the 24th. I've told her she only has until Wednesday before I go away again and I only came home to frighten her into dropping the thing. She's feeling somewhat uncomfortable and seems to have lost her sense of humour. It's her Mum's birthday today and the Mum said.... it would be a nice b/day present for me! All very innocently and got her head snapped off in that the baby must have it's own birthday but it had better be bloody soon. Aaaah well.

I'm too weary to do personals much today. I'm not thinking too well yet. Mind is on things like cleaning, clearing, cooking, finding new real estate for this Sydney job. Yep I'm off to Sydney. Home of Mel's friend and I need somewhere central to Circular Quay. I guess I really should go and check out the websites. I'll be back.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #174  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Wink

GOOD MORNING FROM THE RACE CAPITAL...THE INDY 500...THANK GOD I AM HERE, AT HOME, AT MY COMPUTER, IN MY OWN HOUSE, AND NOT NOT NOT IN THAT RACE CROWD, TRAFFIC, PEOPLE, MESS!!!!!!

WELL, I AM KINDA DOIN' NUTTIN' THIS WEEKEND. I DID HOE MY GARDEN, DOES THAT MAKE ME A HOOOOOO-ER? LOL CUT THE BACKYARD AND THREW DOG POOPIE OVER THE FENCE. GRILL OUT MEATLOAF BURGER, THE REMAINDER INTO A MEATLOAF IN FOIL ON THE GRILL AND A BAKED POTATO. YUM, AND WAS OVERFULL. ALSO ENJOYED THE SUN WITH MARGARITAS MADE IN MY PERSONAL BLENDER (FROZEN), QUITE TASTY.

SHAD...GLAD YOU MADE IT BACK SAFELY. SO NICE OF DS TO KEEP SOME OF THE WORK AROUND THERE DONE. TRY TO ENJOY THE REMAINDER OF TIME AT HOME.

HAPPY...FLOWERS AND MORE FLOWERS, YOU ARE IN THE FLOWER MODE.

MEL...BE CAREFUL WHAT HERBS YOU ARE GROWING IN YOUR HERB BOX OUTSIDE. THOSE HOT CONSTRUCTION WORKERS MAY POP OVER AND JOIN YOU. HEHE I THINK I HAVE TAKEN CARE OF MYSELF, KIDS, HOME, EX-HUS, YARD, CAR, BILLS, ETC..ALL OF MY LIFE, I AM JUST READY FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE CARE OF ME FOR A WHILE. ONLY A WHILE THO, I THINK I WOULD GO NUTS AFTER A WHILE.

HEY TO MICHELLE..I THINK SHE MUST BE ENJOYING HER DMIL AND THE LONG WEEKEND. GOOD FOR YOU MISS CHELLE.

THINK I WILL GET BACK OUT IN THE SUN WHILE IT LASTS, WEATHERMEN ARE THREATENING US WITH POSSIBLE SCATTERED SHOWERS THIS AFTERNOON. OF COURSE, QUITE HUMID TODAY. I LOVE IT, BEATS THE H*LL OUT OF SNOW, ICE, AND DREARY GRAY CLOUDS.

HEY TO CEEJAY, PATTY, RUTHIE, JOLLY, AND ANYONE ELSE I HAVE MISSED.

HAVE A MARVELOUS DAY ALL!

MUCH LOVE AND MANY HUGS
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #175  
Happy September

It is now the moment when by common consent we pause to become conscious of our national life and to rejoice in it, to recall what our country has done for each of us, and to ask ourselves what we can do for our country in return.
– Memorial Day speech, May 30, 1884 by
Oliver Wendell Holmes (1841 – 1935)

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY AGAIN!
WITH THIS RAINY WEATHER GUESS SOME BBQ PLANS WILL FALL AWRY TODAY. THUNDERSTORMS ARE ON THEIR WAY. I AM JUST HAPPY TO BE IDLE AND THE BLDG RELATIVELY QUIET. HAD A TENANT WANDER AWAY AND HE WAS FOUND IN THE NEXT TOWN OVER. OUR POLICE DEPT CAME HERE TO ME AND THE OTHER TOWN'S COPS DROVE HIM BACK HERE. LET US HOPE HE STAYS HERE NOW. POOR SOD
NOTHING NEW...JUST BORED AND GOT ON THE COMPUTER BUT HAPPILY BORED I MIGHT ADD!
HAPPY SUNDAY

HAPPY~ YOUR WEEKEND IS SOUNDING VERY NICE. ENJOY THE FLOWERS AND THE BUTT I WOULD LOVE TO LIVE IN THE COUNTRY SO SAVE ME A PLACE IN THE GUEST ROOM!! WEEDS ARE GROWING IN PROFUSION EVERYWHERE. THEY MUST LOVE THIS CRAZY WEATHER!!

SHAD~ WELCOME BACK AND I GUESS WE WILL BE WAVING GOODBYE TO YOU AGAIN SHORTLY HOPE THE NIECE HAS THE BABY SOON....THE POOR GIRL JEN WAITED FOR FEBRUARY 4TH AND WAS DUE AROUND JAN 24TH. GUESS SHE DIDN'T LIKE THE DATE THE DR HAD PICKED AND WANTED A SPECIAL DAY!! GOOD LUCK AUNTIE SHAD!!

ANNIE~ I HEAR YA ON "JUST FOR A LITTLE WHILE"...IT WOULD DRIVE ME NUTS ALSO WITH SOMEONE HOVERING OVER ME!! I JUST WANT SOMEONE THAT WASHES WINDOWS, HANGS CURTAINS AND CARRIES THE CANNED GOODS!! IT WOULD GIVE ME SOME MUCH WANTED SPARE TIME TO DO THE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE ROFLMAO ENJOY THE HOE HOE HOOOOOOING!!
Old 05-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #176  

Hey all. Just a quick shout out, and happy holidays. Hope everyone is well.

I just finished the half marathon. There are no words. All things considered, it could have been worse. But I need different shoes (again), to get injury free, and to be more focused in my training for the full marathon. If I don't, either I will quit or my sister will kill me.

Have a good one all, and I will try to post more tomorrow.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #177  

Enjoying my last day off this week end. Didn't go to my aunt and uncles because they were having a class reunion.
I almost have the computer room the way I like it. I'm keeping the box spring and matress that I'm sleeping on now so I'll still have room for over night guest. Not that I have that many guest. Now to tackle my bedroom and finish cleaning up the bedroom before bed time. Yes I have to work tomorrow. We never close. I'll have to wait for the delivery before I can finish completely.

Jolly
Good for you in running the marathon.

Happy
I bought half a pork roast from some neighbors down the street. I'm having that tomorrow for lunch.

Have a good Memorial Day. Be safe.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #178  
Happy September

HAPPY~ I JUST DECIDED TO SHARE THE PLANTS...MINE WERE GROWING BETTER THAN THEIRS. I THINK CAUSE THEY WANTED THEIR BOX OUT TOO EARLY AND WE HAD A FROST WARNING JUST THE OTHER NIGHT. INSANE WEATHER HERE. HOW'S MY POOLSIDE SEAT SHAPING UP? DID DH CALL THE POOL GUY YET?? TELL HIM TO GET SNAPPING!

JOLLY~ WOW GIRL...WAY TO GO GOOD FOR YOU. NOW DON'T FORGET TO BUY THOSE SHOES BEFORE DEAR SIS SMACKS YOU IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD!! CONGRATULATIONS!

JEANETTE~ SORRY YOU HAVE TO WORK TODAY. I LOVE CHANGING FURNITURE AROUND AND PUTTING NEW TOUCHES ON THINGS. MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I HAVE MOVED! HOPE THE DAY AT WORK IS PEACEFUL!

GOOD MONDAY MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD.
NOTHING GOING ON OVER HERE TODAY. PEACE AND QUIET REIGN SUPREME. LET US HOPE IT LASTS. A WEE BIT MUGGY OUTSIDE TODAY SO I AM GOING OUT EARLY AND THEN MAYBE SOME MOVIE TIME. I HAVEN'T WATCHED MY DVDS IN A LONG TIME BY MYSELF. SOUNDS LIKE A HOLIDAY PLAN TO ME!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #179  

Just stopping in to say hello. Hope every one is enjoying their day off.

My day has been on the hectic side trying to stay ahead of the storms. The storms have left behind a lot of rain. Enough to cause flash flooding.

Last edited by ceejay52; 05-25-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #180  

Morning all,
Better get this written today before I forget about it and get excited (or otherwise) about something else.
I've passed the bullying recruiter onto the management company with express instructions as to what is happening with this contract and what I agreed to. They are now dealing with the $%^#%^&&* They have also given me a list of serviced apartments to check out for my accommodation. I'd already found a couple of them but not all. I'm on to that as soon as I get off here.

Ceejay - well done on the furniture. Wish I could find what I want as fast, however the only things I have seen that I like are very expensive - and I found them in Melbourne which doesn't make like any easier. Can you imagine the delivery fee! Melbourne to Brisbane around 3000Kms. It seems to cost around $55 for about 20K around here. Anyway enjoy the new stuff, you worked very hard to get it.

Mel - good going on the gardening spree and thanks for sharing. They proabably won't get around to thanking you.

Happy - always something to do around the house. Never varies either. The minute the job is done, you might as well put it back on the bottom of the list to be done again. How's the pensioner going???

Annie - good to hear that you are back up and moving again. Loved the sound of the corn.

Michelle - Glad to hear the MIL is back. I know how you enjoy her visits.

Okay - time to get off here and go do what it is to be done. I have plenty but I seem to have mislaid my list. No doubt I could write it again but do I want to??

Memorial Day - in memory:

They shall not grow old as we who are left will grow old,
Age will not weary them nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning
We shall remember them.

Last edited by Shad; 05-25-2009 at 06:35 PM.