Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 AM   #136  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning ladies (well not really but let's pretend )

We have a meeting with the financial planner Monday night to ask some questions so DH can finalize his pension and start collecting his pension. I need to get out of work a bit early so I will need to get in early too. Posting now because I won't have time in the morning. It's almost midnight here - I figured I'd post now while I'm waiting on the current load of laundry to finish. I won't be wanting to get up early either.

Weekend flew by. Worked outside helping DH clean up Saturday. So much yard work to do. Today was a clear but cool day outside. It would have been perfect to work outside again. DH and I chatted this morning about some HOA business again. I made a nice breakfast of some eggs, hash brown potatoes with bell peppers and onions and some French toast topped with fresh strawberries I got at the farmer's market on Saturday. So yummy! When dinner came I wasn't even hungry but I had a pork roast I needed to cook so we had that with some chilled cinnamon pears and some corn on the cob from the market. Not too heavy but quite tasty - lots of leftovers for the rest of the week. Need to find a good pork stir fry or something to use up the pork. I made a grocery list but never got to the store. Today just whizzed by at lightning speed. Talked to Mom tonight. She's all settled in back home again.

Not much else to say and the dryer just shut off so I'm off to pull out that last load so I can go to sleep. Will try and get back tomorrow night.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:16 AM   #137  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I HAVE BEEN UP SINCE BEFORE 5 AM AND IN THE BATHROOM. GUESS I WON'T BE NEEDING ANY DULCOLAX THIS WEEK NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED. WILL HAVE TO CATCH UP LATER. GOING BACK TO BED.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #138  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning And Happy Monday All.......

Marvelous Weekend. Movie And Dinner With The Tony Friday Night. Saw "angels And Demons". Very Very Good Movie...got My Garden Planted, In The Rain Mind You, Was Drenched And A Bit Cold, But Got Her Done! Cleaned House Saturday Afternoon/eve. Sunday Cut The Grass, Planted Some Canna Bulbs And Gave Hella Bella A Bath. Tony Came Over, Fixed Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Broccoli, Cut Up Cucumbers Sprinkled With Lime Juice And Sea Salt/pepper. Yum. Also Made Pumkin Bread. Then We Went Over To Samantha's And Visited For A Bit. Back To Work This Morning. Oh Yippee!!

Tomorrow Is My Surgery. Not Really Looking Forward To It, But Am Looking Forward To Getting It Over. Will Be Out Of The Office Tomorrow And Wednesday. May Not Post, Then Again I May, Depends If The Cramps Are Light And The Heating Pad Cord Stretches To The Computer Area. Haha

Patty...wowser, Great Job With Jenny. Stick To It And You Will Get All That Weight Off In No Time. Wtg.

Jolly...glad The Cruise Went Well, And Way To Look At The Bright Side Of Things With Everything Bad Happening On The Return And Not The Outbound.

Ceejay...yes, Surgery Is Tomorrow. Maybe Your Complex Needs To Get A Real Plumber To Fix That Leak And Not A Half *ssed Plumber.

Michelle....hope You Are Feeling Much Better And Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things.

Happy....glad You Had An Awesome Visit With You Momma. Dh Will Have A Job In Not Time, Will Keep That In My Prayers. As For Homeowners Asso. Mine Is $275.00 A Year And I Am Trying To Figure Out What The H*ll They Do Besides Send Nast Letters To Say Not To Park Your Car In The Street. Your Sunday Meals Sounded Delish.

Mel...so Sorry To Hear Of Your Poo Issues. Somehow I Think We Are Connected When It Comes To Bathroom Stuff. Good Luck In The Sh*tter.

Everyone Have A Marvelous Day....

Hello To All.

Love And Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #139  

Good morning all. Got my morning workout in. Going to spend some WII time while cooking breakfast.

Melody, hope you are feeling better. Happy, good luck with the financial planner. Annie, good luck with your surgery. Hope all goes well!

I am going to groom and bathe the dogs, go look for some decent running shorts, and pick up some stuff I need. Lazy day before getting back to the grind of work.

Have a good day all
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
PATTY
CONRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS USING JENNY CRAIG. THAT'S AWESOME

ANNIE
WILL BE SENDINGI YOU GOOD VIBES TOMORROW. TAKE IT EASY FOR A COUPLE OF DAY'S

MEL
FEEL BETTER SOON.

HAPPY
GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOUR VISITI WITH YOUR MOM. AND YOU DINNERS DO SOUND GOOD. MAKES ME WANT PULLED PORK.

JOLLY
I HAD FORGOTTEN THAT YOU WERE ON A CRUISE. WHERE DID YOU GO?

SHAD
ARE YOU STILL COUNTING THE DAY'S OR HAS THIS JOB ENDED ALREADY?

iT LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE GETTING MY LONG WEEK END OFF AGAIN THIS COMING WEEK END. YIPEE. I GO BACK TO 12 HOUR SHIFTS STARTING WEDNESDAY.

I'M HUNGRY BUT DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT I WANT TO EAT.

MORE LATER.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #141  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
It's Tuesday and only 4 working days left here. It's getting close and I still have a mountain of doco to go. Getting it all in will be a test of the finger skills.
It's wet, foggy and bitterly cold out there today. The eyes were streaming tears by the time I got to work. Still we are only 2 weeks out from officially being in the winter season. It's so sad how Man has to put a date and time on everything. Mother Nature never really agrees and does her own thing anyway. If she feels like rain, it rains. If she wants snow, we get it regardless of whether we want it or not. What a woman.
Went out to dinner at a very old friends house last night. This woman and I grew up together, we basically knew each other from birth. We sort of lost touch after school, but now thanks to the internet, we are back to being friends again. We reminisced over old times and people. Her Mum is still with us at 86 and is well down the path of dementia but is like a hawk guarding her house and stuff. She refuses to go into care and although she has help in the house, she still gets around and really gets up the family nose with some of her antics.

Geez Happy - breakfast sounded good. Haven't had hash for ages and ages. Maybe when I get home again. Hope the Financial Planner went well and you got some good info. Rotten world as far as jobs go these days.

Annie - good luck with the surgery today. Hope it all goes well and isn't too painful or long. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Wouldn't the lime juice make the cucumber even more acid??? Cucumber always gave my Mum indigestion and heartburn. I never ate it back then. I do now occasionally - generally when I can't get out of it.

Jolly - do we have a house yet? Good to see you back.

Mel - stay quiet and stay close!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:39 AM   #142  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Still have bread for french toast, strawberries, pork roast and I can open a few more cans of pears so c'mon over ...

Financial planner had a mix up in his calendar. We went over there for nothing. To be continued... I feel like I am getting more and more behind. Perhaps if it gets away from me long enough, I will come full circle!

Annie and prayers that all goes well with your surgery and you heal quickly. 24 hours from now it will be all over. I hope there are people to pamper you. At least for the day.

Shad - never seems like they give you enough time to do your job before it's time to leave. Glad you got to connect with an old friend. Been meaning to ask you something but the harder I think about it, the further into the cobwebs of the brain it goes. Will come to me sooner or later, no big deal.

Ceejay - the nice thing about BBQ is that you can get one pulled pork sandwich, have your taste and then be done with it. Saturday I am picking up a whole smoked butt at the Pig and Whistle north of me. Boy Scout fund raiser. Got one last year - I was sceptical but it was delish!

Jolly - glad you had somewhat of a good time on vacation and like you said, if it had to happen, better on the back end. Picking out decent running shorts sounds like something to be proud of, since most people would NOT want to be running. A full marathon, wow. I'm impressed.

Mel, sorry you are indisposed. Hope you feel better Take some good reading material in there with you.

Patty :congrats: on the super weight loss!!!! I saw some of Jenny's food. Looked pretty good. Wide range of stuff. Keep up the success!

Michelle - sorry to hear you are still feeling so poorly. I am very curious as to how the acupuncture works out. Please let us know. As we wind up for summer, I'm sure you are eager to get out of the house and on your feet! Mom said the aches and arthritis didn't bother her quite so badly down here. I think the midwest weather is hard on the bods.

Time to get to bed. Goodnight all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #143  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies -

We had such a busy weekend, mostly getting the house ready for my DMIL's arrival tonight. I'm SO happy she'll be here soon! I love having her around! Even though DH helped A LOT, all that cleaning really did my a number on my back. I'm glad I've got PT today. Tomorrow afternoon, I'm having a bone scan to look for any anomalies that might not show up on an x-ray. My doctor doesn't think there will be any, but he just wants to make sure there's no hairline fracture, etc. Tomorrow evening, I start acupuncture treatments. The tests will determine whether or not there is any structural damage, and the acupuncture and continued PT will make me better soon. I have confidence that by June 1 (and hopefully by Memorial Day), I will be able to walk pain free! Yay!

Ceejay - The dulcimer is such a lovely instrument! Good for you for learning how to play it.

Annie - You did have a busy weekend! Phew! Made me tired just reading about it. Hope you didn't get the freeze they predicted for your area after you put your garden in. I hope your surgery goes well today!

Happy - Great to have you back. So glad you enjoyed your time with Mom. Too bad the homeowner's assoc. took up so much time. My DMIL is arriving tonight and will be here for two months. Then back to CA for a month or so for a wedding. Then back here for at least the holidays and maybe permanently. That is the plan now...but nothing is set in stone. Good luck with your upcoming go live. I hope when you do meet with your financial planner it will go well.

Shad - I'll bet you're looking forward to putting this current job stint behind you.

Patty - Congrats on the awesome weight loss! that's wonderful! How does the Jenny food taste? How much is it per week? What do you buy at the grocery store to supplement? Sorry for all the questions.

Mel - You are an exercise ! YGG! Good for you!

Jolly - Glad you had a wonderful time on your cruise...sorry that the trip home was such a mess. Good for you for getting back on track and back in training mode!

Well, I'd better get some more work done before PT at noon.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #144  
Creating a Healthier Me

Had a wonderful PT session....it's amazing how pain can be reduced by a few assisted stretches and a painful deep tissue massage (that nearly brings tears). I am positive that a combination of PT and acupuncture will give me great results quickly! Yay! I'm soooo happy and optimistic that after many months, pain free is right around the corner!

Last edited by diyana; 05-19-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #145  
Happy September

HAPPY... BACK AND GLAD THE VISIT WITH MOM WENT SO WELL AND SHE IS HOME SAFE AND SOUND. THE FOOD SOUNDED GOOD AND HOPE YOU AND THE DH SAVED ME SOME GOOD LUCK WITH THE ADVISOR WHEN YOU FINALLY FIND HIM

ANNIE~ GLAD YOU GOT THE PM I SENT AND SENDING MORE GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY. STAY WELL MY FRIEND AND HEAL QUICKLY

JEANETTE~ YOU ARE ALSO HOME SAFE AND SOUND. HOPE YOU REALLY ENJOY THE LONG WEEKEND!! USE IT WISELY!!!!

JOLLY~ HOME AND HOPE THE TIME OFF WAS RESTFUL AND EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL WITH THE HOME SEARCH. SENDING GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY!!!

PATTY~ CONGRATULATIONS WITH THE WEIGHTLOSS!! WOW!! GOOD FOR YOU! GOOD SHOW LADY!!

SHAD~ I STAYED QUIET AND AM STILL STAYING CLOSE!!ONLY A LITTLE MORE TIME LEFT AND YOU WILL BE BACK SAFE AND SOUND IN YOUR OWN HOME AND CAN MAKE A "HAPPY" BREAKFAST TOO! SAVE SOME FOR ME JUST IN CASE SHE DIDN'T!

MICHELLE~ O I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER FOR YOU MICHA!! VERY GOOD NEWS TO HEAR SOMETHING IS FINALLY WORKING FOR SOMEONE!! GOOD! KEEP UP THE PATIENCE! IT WILL ALL BE OVER SOON

HELLO FELLOW CHICKS. LORD I HOPE I DIDN'T MISS ANYONE...I DID SPEED READING! I AM TIRED BUT A GOOD TIRED.. NOT SURE WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY BUT WHATEVER IT WAS...IT PASSED. THE COLD AND HOT WEATHER IS THROWING MY BODY INTO FITS. ONE ROOM HAD THE HEAT ON AND THE OTHER HAD THE A/C ON. THE PUBLIC SERVICE ELECTRIC & GAS COMPANY LOVES PEOPLE LIKE ME! TODAY I WENT FOOD SHOPPING, CAME HOME AND DID THE OFFICE, THEN A VISIT WITH MY FRIEND ARUN FROM INDIA, THEN BACK TO THE OFFICE. VERY SHORT HANDED THESE DAYS. THE WEATHER IS GORGEOUS OUT AND I SPENT A BIT OF TIME OUTSIDE AS WELL. JOHN AND I GO OUT THERE TO TALK...THIS WAY NO ONE CAN OVERHEAR US. WAY TOO MUCH OFFICE DRAMA THESE DAYS AND IT IS BUILDING TO SOME KIND OF CRESCENDO...AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A PRETTY ONE EITHER. SIGH.
JEN AND RICHIE WILL BE GOING TO THE TRAILER THIS WEEK TO FINISH OPENING IT UP. NEVER GOT THERE CAUSE DAD SOLD THE HOUSE AND LEFT RICHIE WITH POWER OF ATTORNEY TO FINALIZE THE DEAL WHILE HE TOOK OFF FOR FLORIDA TO FIND A NEW HOME WITH GIRLFRIEND IN TOW. SHE TOOK THE CHECKBOOK AND CREDIT CARDS AND RIDHIE AND JEN COULD DO NOTHING TILL DAD HAD TO FED EX THEM BACK AGAIN! AHHHHH THE DRAM CONTINUES THERE AS WELL. MAKES ME VERY HAPPY TO L.IVE ALONE!
NOTHING NEW WITH ME...JUST A BUSY WEEK.
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND SEE YOU ALL MANANA
Old 05-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #146  

Hey all. Michelle, glad the PT went well. Good luck.

My cruise was to the Bahamas. I have an accepted offer on a house, but it is a short sale, so I am waiting for the seller's bank to approve as well. Fingers crossed.

Sorry so short all. Tired after not sleeping well last night, eating poorly today, and then a 4 mile run. Will try to write more tomorrow
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #147  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Must be getting old. I was so sure I had posted this morning, but I haven't - arrrggghhh.

I was supposed to be going out to dinner tonight with friends but their mum got taken to hospital with stomach pains yesterday. We cancelled for tomorrow night - so I guess we will still manage to met up.

Haven't got time for personals unfortunately and I need to get into the packing as well so I'd better go and get on with it.

I will be back tomorrow. Hopefully T will be back at work so life will settle down somewhat. See you then
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #148  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey Girls...thanks for all the well wishes. Been run over by a freight train lately? Whew...surgery went well, of all things, blood pressure went sky high in recovery, almost had to stay overnight. Finally got it down to 152/84 and they let me come home. Throat hurts slightly, have a headache, but NO CRAMPS this morning. Amazing what vicoden can do for a nights sleep. WONDERFUL. Will catch up later, just wanna lay around and not think...Samantha and Tony stayed last night till I went to sleep, many friends called too, I am so blessed, and getting sappy. Sheesh.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:57 AM   #149  
Creating a Healthier Me

So Glad It's Wednesday!

DMIL arrived last night. Her flight was delayed by 2 hours, but at least she got here safe and sound. I'm taking the afternoon off today for medical/back stuff. I'm having a bone scan where I have to show up, they inject dye into my veins and then return a few hours later for the xrays. I'm going to try and get my mammogram done while I'm at the clinic too. Then in the late afternoon, I have my first acupuncture appt. My leg muscles are really stiff right now, and my back is a bit sore. From what I've read...one of the things acupuncture does well is loosen tight muscles.

Annie - I'm glad the surgery went well. You just rest, relax and take your pain meds.

Mel - Sorry to hear about all the office drama, and the drama that Jen and Richie are dealing with in terms of selling dad's house. Hang in there.

Jolly - Congrats on the accepted offer! and all the running/training! You Rock!

Shad - So nice that you are packing up and saying goodbye to all the chaos and stress from this current assigment. How many days left?

Big to everyone!

Love ya' all,
Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #150  
Happy September

JOLLY~ GOOD LUCK ON THE HOUSE. FINGERS CROSSED. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY. GET SOME SLEEP!

SHAD~ WISHING FOR YOU A GOOD DAY ON THE JOB. HAPPY PACKING!! MAY THE TURBINES BE AT YOUR BACK TO GET YOU HOME!!

ANNIE~ I AM GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS WELL AND NO CRAMPS! LET US HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY. YES YOU ARE BLESSED WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS

MICHELLE~ CAN THEY DO A MAMMO WITH THE DYE IN THE BODY?OT SURE ABOUT THAT "THE GIRLS" WILL BE GLOWING IN THE DARK!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE TESTS AND THE ACCU APPT!!!

WELL....I SPOKE TOO SOON ABOUT FEELING GOOD. YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS BUT AGAIN AT 3:30 AND 7:30 I WAS BACK IN THE BATHROOM. THE SUSPECTED PROBLEM IS COLDCUTS. THE FIRST TIME I ATE OLIVE LOAF AND THIS LAST TIME I HAD CAPICOLLA HAM. WHEN WE SHOP, WILLY HELPS A BLIND WOMAN OUT AND I GET HIS DELI ORDER CUT AND BAGGED. WE MEET LATER ON AND HE HELPS ME FINISH. HIS MEATS SMELLED SO GOOD I BEGAN BUYING THEM....NOT ANYMORE!! I JOURNAL MY FOOD FOR MY FACE SO THIS IS THE ONLY THING I SEE I HAVE CHANGED. SIGH
ON A SCARY NOTE... ON MONDAY, THEY CLOSED THE SCHOOL DOWN THE BLOCK FROM ME IN THE NEIGHBORING TOWN WITH SWINE FLU. I HOPE THEY CAN CONTAIN IT!! I AM TRYING VERY HARD NOT TO THINK OF IT OR THAT WILLY DRIVES A SCHOOL BUS FOR OUR TOWN EVERY MORNING AND THEN COMES HERE AND GETS INTO OUR BUS AND DRIVES US AROUND. WE TALKED ABOUT IT AT SOME LENGTH YESTERDAY. HE SIAD SOME KIDS ARE GETTING SICK AND GETTING CHECKED OUT FOR COLDS OR FLU. I WILL NEED TO MAKE DECISIONS ON WHETHER OR NOT I WILL BE GOING BACK OUT WITH HIM ANYTIME SOON. SO YESTERDAY I STOCKED UP. THE REST I CAN HAVE JEN AND RICHIE BUY OR GET DOWN THE STREET. I HAVE PLANS!
NO OFFICE FOR MELLIE MEL TODAY. MORE REST.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY