Old 02-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #76  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Cristina I was looking at the piles of horse poo by the fence and someone really needs to do something with it. (Someone of course being me, as no one else will do it.) How many calories do you think I will burn with a shovel and a wheel barrow and a moderate walk across the field to fertilize the trees behind the shop? Good thing it is way to cold to do it this week. Does need to be done though so the horses don't get parasites.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #77  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

So far so good on the trampoline. I did 10 minutes yesterday and 10 minutes this morning. I will do it 2 more times today I think. Not sore at all. Yes, there is a video to use with it. I haven't looked at it yet because I am just doing the "getting used to" part. I know it gets your heart rate up in a hurry. My goal by the end of next week is to do 20 minutes twice a day...unless the video says different. I will watch it today and figure it out.

I am also back to calorie counting..ha...going to Vegas next week will slam that, but I can do it before and after. Need to get a handle on the portion control again. I am actually feeling pretty good about all this....I think having the sun shine does make quite the difference about my attitude. Do you notice anything like that? Bleak cold days make me think WTH...ha.

Off to the grocery...does it seem like I am always off to the grocery or doing laundry? It sure does to me.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #78  
Not Giving Up

Sue - WTG on the trampoline. It does make a difference when something is fun. Have fun in Vegas. Where do you usually stay when you are there? Is your mom going with you? I need a nice sunny warm weather vacation....
Old 02-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #79  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

another busy and crazy day around here!

I went to bed at 1:30 this morning because I was too busy reading my book to finish it up so I could start my next one. So, I finally get to sleep, and Brandon woke up crying at 3:36 this morning. I go in and check on him and he is telling while still crying that he has yuckies on his bed. I go in to check on it, and find that he threw up all over his blankets. I get him all cleaned up and back into bed, and back to bed I go. I get back to sleep and wake up hearing him crying again.......at 4:33 this morning. I go in again to check on him and he tells me that he has yuckies on his bed again. So, I get him all cleaned up and changed again......get him back into bed, and go back to bed myself. I hear him crying again at about 5:30 this morning and he is crying again.....telling me that he has yuckies on his bed. So, I strip his bed completely this time, and clean him up.....put on all new bedding and he got himself something to wear......and back to bed we all went. I gave him a bucket next to his bed in case he had to throw up again. I hadn't heard any thing from him when the phone rang at 9:30 this morning, so Tommy checked on him and he was still asleep. The only one that slept through it all was Logan......he woke up at the last trip into his room with Brandon at 5:30. Marissa was up for EVERY trip that I made!

and as I type this, neither one of them is sleeping or even attempting to sleep!

a paczki is basically a doughnut that they fill with different flavored fillings for Fat Tuesday. I had a raspberry one this time yesterday, and then last night I had an apple one, but that one didn't agree with me all too well.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #80  
RosieKate

Mindee - I didn't know what a paczki was either, but they sound delicious! Hope Brandon is feeling better today.

Kathy - That teacher sounds anal...do you volunteer in his class? I try do do that, and it helps the teacher and it helps me see what my kid is like in the class. There could be an explanation.

Sue - We have one of those trampolines, but it is outside for the kids to jump on. I should bring it in...it sounds like good cardio.

Cristina - hope you are having a good day...my day sounds like yours..I get to mop!

Jules - not giving up anything...how very Lutheran of me, lol! We try to set personal improvement goals instead and this year the hub and I have decided to exercise every day. So far 1 for 1

HI to everyone else! Hands still hurt so I am not knitting so much to give them a break. I do have a contract that has to get done, so I can't do much about that one, fortunately it's small. Made it to water aerobics this morning. Kathy - I do it twice a week. I started doing it in the deep water with ankle floater thingies and I get a much better cardio workout and it's also a really good leg workout. Much more resistance than in the shallow end. My plan is to do water MW, yoga T and Th, step on Fri. Saturday, I do yoga and floor aerobics back to back. Sunday is up in the air, but my tentative plan is to either do Wii Fit or go for a walk. Wish me luck!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #81  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Whew Katy, I got tired just reading what you are doing. Good luck. Yes, the tramp is fun so far, but I imagine like anything it will get tedious. Mine is a 36 inch one with resistance bands also. It has a counter which counts the jumps but I didn't put it on. The reason being when I read the reviews on Wal Mart.com most people said the counter broke or was useless. So I just didn't put it on. The other tramp I looked at did not have a counter nor bands. Also the reviews had lots of people who bought the mini tramp to keep their kids busy indoors during the winter. I would have never thought of that. "Whatever works" is my motto. This one is listed at $37.77 but in the store was actually $30. I figured it was worth a shot. DH just shook his head...he doesn't believe I will use it ala the treadmill I had to have years ago. He forgets the Body by Jake contraption he saw on an infomercial at 2 a.m. and had to have...only to use for a week and then there it sat. LOL. In fairness we both used the treadmill one winter then I got plantar fasceitus (or however ..) and I quit, so he quit.

Okay...I guess I am gabby. I went to the grocery and it is so sunny and nice outdoors. I am waiting right now for DH to get ready for a walk. I have been wearing my pedometer and even shopping it is not moving very quickly.

Kathy- We stay at Sam's Town because it is a locals place away from the Strip. It is just a few blocks from where we had our home there. We don't go to the Strip much...too much hustle and bustle. We are looking for a place in the same area as before, so will most likely still spend lots of time at Sam's. They give us pretty good comps.

Mindee- Hope Brandon is feeling better. I felt yucky just thinking of all the yuckies you had to clean up. Ugh.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #82  
kitty Momo

I skimmed the post, I guess that doesn't count?? lol

Sorry, limited time on the computer and I HAD to spend time on the Bachelor board reading the gossip/rumors.

I worked the last 6 days, I was called in Monday because 2 co workers were sick and by Tuesday I was just dragging, too tired to get on the computer at all.

Kathy - thanks for the PM on the horse lessons! The teacher does sound somewhat anal. I was heartbroken this morning when G said she didn't want to go to school because no one would play w/ her at recess. I think these school years are hard on the parents....lol. I just want her to be happy. After breakfast she was fine and went in the school by herself.

Sue- Trampoline's would scare me!

Mindee- to little Brandon

Cristina - Ick to the dog poo, is this from Ernie? I know. I alsways sound spacey.....lol, maybe we should all do a short bio again because I never can remember who has animals, children or spouses.....and I don't even know birthdays! Ugh. Anyway , how is Cambrie today? Hope you are having a good day!

Jules - Did you get rested up? Hope you are having a good day too!

Sassy - Happy to hear you got moved ok!

*sigh, sorry that is the best I can do on indy's. I spent 3 hours this morning cleaning the apt and I need to go fix me some lunch now. I weighed in at 142 this morning, so in the range I want to be in....I will try and not be too hard on myself. I still can't get a handle on the eveing grazing, frustrating.
Work is so so.....the glamour of being a cleaning lady has worn off....lol, it is just a pain in the behind now.
Look forward to my 3 day weekend after I get Th/F over with......I won't be going to PDX this time. I deserve to just putter around for a change!

k- bbl when I get a chance :wave
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #83  

thanks ladies for the hugs and nice comments.....

he is doing better now. I am not exactly sure what it was, but he was up and ready to go to school without any hesitations. so I reluctantly sent him in, and didn't get any calls about him getting sick or anything. now he is home from school and he is his normal self. so I am not sure exactly what it was that caused it but I am hoping that that is the last of it!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #84  
ugggg.....

Mindee--glad Brandon was feeling better this morning..Teri hated to miss school even when she was sick. I don't know if I would like a paczki, I haven't liked donuts since I worked at Dunkin Donuts when I had really bad morning sickness while I was pregnant with Ryan and he turns 24 on April 1 (right before Miss Francie's bday)

SuzyQ--that Yoga Booty Ballet kicked my butt...I went to bed and slept like a non-teething baby!! Poor Miss Gaby..I think those elementaty school years are harder on us parents...the kids seem to bounce back and find themselaves and then get all screwed up again when they become teenagers which is harder on us yet!!

Sue--I used a mini tramp during physical therapy on my knee--I really liked it. I was thinking about buying a treadmill from a coworker but everyone who has one says they don't really use it after the excitement of getting it wears off. I loved the YBB, I got a beginner set with four different workouts plus the beginning instuctions and pamphlets and complete with the ball for under $30 on Ebay on a second chance offer. I bid on several before I got it. I did the sculpt and tone last night, tonight is cardio cabaret and tomorrow night is advanced fat burning. It was really fun though I feel it today.

Katy--when I have problems with my wrists and hands going numb the chiropractor massages the muscle in my lower arm and it really helps. There was a tread up in the community forum about giving things up for Lent so I thought I'd ask. Hope you get through your project without too much pain!!

Kathy--I thought we were done when Dominic got 7 out of the 8 teeth in a few weeks ago...that last little one year molar is giving him more trouble than the 7 at once. All he has left to get of hois baby teeth are the two year molars. Teri liked one of the 3 she saw today and has two more to see on Friday. I hope they get one soon!!! The one she liked is actually a farmette where she could board horses if she had any. The landlords horses are there. It would be fun for Dominic. Ryan had a first grade teacher that I got into with cause she was just plain mean. I cringed when Teri had her two years later but Teri loved her. I agree with Katy, volunteer to do something and see what's going on. I looked at that 30 Day shred--let me know how you like it!!

Cristina--I really liked the first YBB dvd...will keep you posted. My ultimate goal is to do one dvd in the morning before work and one in the evening until it's ligth enough and the paths around the property are dry enough to walk outside. I am trying to exercise more, just counting the points doesn't seem to do it for me.

Sassy--mmm coffeee...I bought some blueberry flavored coffee that was really good. The WW leader says she does the flavored coffees to not crave sweets so much. I got a chocolate one but didn't like it.

Well hubby's new is almost over...gonna go do my day 2!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #85  
ugggg.....

ok..I am back..YBB Day 2 kicked my butt...actually day one killed the abs and day 2 had my calfs screaming.....I will probably be feeling this tomorrow..day 3 is Advanced fat burning.....I wonder what will be begging me to stop tomorrow....
Old 02-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #86  
Not Giving Up

Howdy All

Well, I didn't go into the school and pick up Cole today, I just made him get ready and come outside. Before Christmas the teachers complaint was that he didn't do anything, just sat daydreaming all day. I volunteered to come in and be a parent helper, and she said that wouldn't help anything. And she does not have parent helpers in the class, that is what she has an aid for in the class. Then after Christmas she informed me that he was a totally different child, doing all his work. Now we are at doesn't pick up after himself, doesn't close his locker door, (neither does half of his class) I just don't get it. Also there is some little boy that is a class bully that punches him everyday. He actually hurts alot of the kids in the class everyday, and I have made an appointment with the principle to deal with this situation. There is a few other parents that are hearing the same complaints as what I am getting. One mom asked her child's speech therapist to go spend the day at school and observe what is going on. She went yesterday, and she said that all the kids (except Mr Bully) are all good normal 6 year olds, and she could not see what this teacher is complaining about. Sorry my vent is getting a little long here.

SusieQ - you truly make my day. Actually if Cristina would stop letting Ernie use the neighbors yard, the neighbor would keep her dog from using Cristina grass... Sorry to hear that Gaby is not wanting to go to school. I just wish it was easy for the little ones when they go to school. BTW We are so proud of your honor roll Beck. And yes you deserve to have some you and Gaby relaxing time. Enjoy your days off.

Katy - Wow at least you have different activities that you are doing, and that keeps you from getting bored, although you must lose at least an extra pound a week just be running all over the place. So have you done the hulu hoop game on the wii? That is my favorite, not that I am good at it.

Jules - There is a blueberry flavored coffee? Where do you find it at? What is Yoga Booty Ballet? Slept all night long? That in itself might make me try your Yoga. I haven't had a chance to check out Jillian's yet as I can't find the remote for the DVD player. That is our goal for tonight.

Mindee - Glad that Brandon is feeling better. It is hard when they are sick. Does Marissa go right back to sleep? Or did it take a little time to get her back to sleep?

Sue - How did your trampoline workout go today? When we were in LV, we found the strip ok, but of course when you have a 5 year old with you, there are limitations, but we really liked Freemont Street, it was a whole different attitude it seemed.

Cristina - how was your day today? Did you get your walk in? I was watching Extreme Home Makeover and they redid a house in Chapman as the town was destroyed by a tornado. That is not anywhere near you is it? I will really have to go and google that after I am done here.

Hello to everyone else...Pop in and chat with us soon.

to everyone
Old 02-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #87  

I am back!

we get the pictures back tomorrow and I can't wait!!!!!

Jules~ I have been wanting to try YBB. How are you liking it? Is it worth getting? How much was it, if you don't mind me asking? And what all came with it?

Kathy~ I would definitely talk to the principle on that one. I honestly don't know how long it took for Marissa to go back to sleep after the last time. I fell asleep to quickly I guess!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #88  
RosieKate

Good Morning!

Yesterday was fair; 122g and did water aerobics...I hope that the daily exercise helps me lose...I feel I've been stuck for awhile; need to bust through that plateau.

Kathy - good thing you are talking to the principal...time to get to the bottom of it. Personally, I think you should be able to spend time in your kid's class..there's always something to do, always a child who needs one on one reading. I get a little suspicious of teachers who ban parents, but that's just me.

Jules - YBB sounds like a great workout..I remember my thighs screaming after a few days of the Wii fit. what a nice surprise :I

Susan - I'm hooked on all the Bachelor gossip, now I'll just HAVE to watch the final rose on Monday. I guess the big drama will be on the second "after the final rose" next week.

Mindee - glad Brandon felt better and could go to school

Sue - Hi ..the tramp sounds like it's working out for you...now way it's going to turn into a treadmill!

Well, I woke up to some snow! Not much, I'll defrost the car before heading out to yoga. Today I get a haircut and I need to clean the house ...so exciting! Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by RosieKate; 02-26-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #89  
ugggg.....

Mindee--I got it on ebay around $28 with free shipping and here's what I got
http://cgi.ebay.com/YOGA-BOOTY-BALLE...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 02-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #90  
Not Giving Up

Goodmorning all...

Well another exciting house cleaning day around here also. Can't wait to get started on it.

Jules - Ebay was so much better when are dollar was even with yours. Now we have to add some extra.

Katy - I noticed that all the classes don't have parent volunteers in that school. When my other 2 where in elementary school, they were in the public school system, and was always there volunteering, doing the piddly little stuff that the teachers need done, but don't have time to do themselves...but with Cole we decided to put him in the Catholic school system as we would like a school that could help instill some of our morals and such...

Mindee - Have you left to pick up your pictures yet? I can't wait to see them, I bet they look great.

Susan - Your welcome for the information. I hope it helped you some. People really bond to horses, and it is actually an amazing bond to see develope. DD I think has a natural talent. She found an abused horse that noone could ride and we bought it, and she turned it into a loving horse that we put Cole on now, and she has shown him, and won some good prizes. The whole group of 8 girls that she rode with for years have all got their own horses as well.

Hello to everyone else.

Well I am waiting for 10:00 to hurry up and get here, as I need to go online and get some tickets for the group Celtic Thunder. Has anyone ever seen them on TV? They sound amazing, and we have been waiting for them to come. Well I had better hurry and get started on my cleaning. We are going to see the Nylons tonight. Anyone remember them?

Chat later.

Last edited by luckycharm; 02-26-2009 at 11:13 AM.