Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #16  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi all.

Sickie here. lol. I am getting better though, slowly. I get better while I am at here at work and then I go to bed and wake up all stuffy again. I take meds but I just think it has to work itself out.........

Kathy -- We do Corporate IT support. So if you worked for Xyz Corp. and they had support through us, then if your computer broke you'd call our helpdesk and no you wouldn't talk to me unfortunately. lol. I don't talk to end users, I only talk to Helpdesk Agents or Technicians. My job is to make sure your ticket gets worked so your problem gets fixed. Basically they pay me to "Nag" the crap out of people! lol. My team also takes call offs too, so if anybody in our buliding here calls off, we get those calls too and on my shift, we get the most of those.

Thank You all for your well wishes with the move. We begin moving next week. Starting Wed. (2/25). I already have the utilities being switched over to us beginning on the 1st and put in a request for our mail to be forwarded. Just seems like so much to do to move. At least now a days you can do most things online, so it makes it a lot easier.

Girl Scout Cookies......yeah DH ordered some from some people from work. We figure its a once a year thing so we treat ourselves.

Well Take Care Everybody!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning...

Trying to get a post in first thing every morning now.

KATHY...Jason (DS#1) & Carrie (DD) took almost 2 weeks and went to Chicago then off to Quebec, Montreal, oh my gosh, I forgot where else...Jason is in LOVE with Canada! This was back in October, right before Halloween. Man, it was a quiet house too! He's off for a couple more little adventures...this weekend I think he is headed to Chicago, spring bring he is headed back down to Florida and then in June-July Mexico with the college...part of his studies. Anyway...yeah I LOVE the BL Power Sculpt dvd! Didn't so much yesterday, lol! I was feeling it! I haven't done it in a while and I need to quit that. On the dvd she says to do it at least 4-5 times a week when getting started, yikes! Don't think so. I never did do it that much...just 2-3 times and I am getting back with it.

KATY...Cambrie I believe is into mostly make believe...she wants to be a princess, a real princess. I have never seen a 4-year-old that is so into her self! She can not pass a mirror or anything she can see herself in without looking at herself. She always ask if you like her outfit, or her hair etc...it's ridiculous! Hate to see her when she is older! She's looking at herself right now in the glass insert in the fireplace, lol...messing with her hair...today is picture day at preschool. I think that is a good challenge...I should have come up with something else. I want some GS cookies! Waaahhhh!

SUE...girl scout cookies for you too eh? Apparently we don't have any around the neighborhood There were a couple of guys at V's work that had daughters in the scouts that we usually ordered from...not sure they are even there anymore. But no cookies for a couple of years now. And yes, there are less in the packages which is a good thing! Which Sue Grafton book were you reading, can't remember if you mentioned it or not? I have a few of hers I need to read and never did get T.

SASSY...happy moving! Hoping you have great neighbors!

MINDEE...never heard of the cinnaspins...did try the lemon ones one year and those were good. We always stick with the usual mint ones and the shortbread-wahtever they are called. Maybe I can pick up some at the grocery store...they usually set up a table.

HIYA SUSAN, TAMMY, FRANCIE, JULES, MICHELLE, and, and, and...ASIA!

I will be back later to check in. Right now I am going to go get the rugrat set up with some work to do while I walk some. Her momma sent specific instructions for picture day, lol...and even sent a curling iron in case the curls fell out before perschool! Anywho...chat later...going to grab a walk and get some caffeine!

Have a good day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-18-2009 at 03:53 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #18  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

GOOD MORNING.....

Sorry it's taken me a little while to get back here again I've got so much on my plate right now that I just wonder how some days I make it through them! I am so happy though, I received an email from my older daughter yesterday and she said she needs to forgive me, forget about the past and just concentrate on now. She said she loves me and wants her boys to know me and have me in all of their lives. I have waited for this day to get here for so long and I just sat here crying and crying for so long. I thank ALL of you so much for your kind words of welcoming me back and the support and love you give. I feel so bad that I haven't been able to address each of you individually yet, but I will be. I had a first time doctor appointment on Monday and she is trying to get me on some meds for my migraines and depression, it can take some trials before finding the right ones. Then yesterday, I had an interview and was offered a job right then so I'm going to take it, it pays almost $3 more an hour and has excellent benefits!!! I'll be working as a Senior Technician at a BioLife Plasma Center and I'll be one that will be inserting the needle and withdrawing the plasma process. I'm very excited to be able to get into the medical field and help other's lives. My girls have bought their tickets and they will be coming to Iowa for 9 days in April so I'm so excited to see both of them and the babies too! I know I'll be taking lots of pictures. It's a very windy and stormy day here today and we're supposed to get some freezing moisture later tonight. Oregon's weather is so mild compared to Iowa and that's one thing I'm still trying to adjust to is the horribly hot summer and now these horribly cold temps and the snow and ice! I promise to check back in here soon. TY again for everyone's kindness and concern and welcoming me back, I have missed you LOTS
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #19  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

doing my daily pop in to check in on every one.......

we get the Somoas for Tommy, the shortbread cookies for the kids, and then I got the tag-a-longs for myself. the cinna-spins were the *new* item last year and I was sad to see that they weren't listed on there this year.

Sassy~ Good luck with the moving!!!

Cristina~ They already have the tables set up around us.

Michelle~ It is good to hear and see you back here! And that is so great to hear that your daughter sent you an email. I can't wait to see the pictures from when they visit you!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #20  
One day at a time

Well, I am back again.

Got the rugrat off to preschool in her beachy clothes, lol. I told the teachers Charlottes instructions and they kinda laughed, as I did too, lol! She's had her pictures professionally for modeling one too many times! Anyway...she's a cutie pie...or rather sugar butt!

I've got a mile to get done and a few minutes of weights, aiming for 10 minutes of the weights.

Just finished some lunch and I am ready for a nap! The last two mornings I have been waking up around 4'ish afraid I am going to oversleep and cause Josh to be late for work! He went back to work for the guy (a friend of V's) he worked for before he joined the Army, in construction. The guy didn't have much of a business when Josh left and it was basically out of his house...almost 4 years later he has an office/warehouse and 4 trucks! Josh couldn't find anything so he called him up. It's a job so that is good! Anyway, so I am meeting him at a quick trip store in the mornings at 7:30 to get the little one and then he picks her up here after work, when she doesn't spend the night.

MINDEE...must find girl scout cookies! All this talk and you guys are making me want some! How's your tongue...is it healing?

MICHELLE...so glad to hear your Dd has come around and wants to see you. That is GREAT news! Bet you are counting the days 'til they come to visit! Welcome to the midwest!! I think we get about the same weather here...although, we have had quite the mild winter. Just hope it doesn't mean we will have a late one! Anyway...congrat's on the job too! Good to hear from you.

Okay, guess I better go finish up my exercise for the day. I am liking having it done before Jeopardy so that I can relax the rest of the evening!

Take care all
Old 02-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #21  
kitty Momo

Cutie pie and sugar butt are awfully cute nicknames for Cambrie. I am probably doing some mental damage w/ Gaby because her nickname is poopy. lol

anyway, just a fly by for me. My hip is numb and someone mentioned it could be a pinched nerve???? It tingles and if I lay on it too much at night it starts to ache. *wah...

I had my salad for lunch and we have a container of cupcakes in the fridge staring at me. I haven't had 1 yet! I did eat some rye crackers w/ turkey last night after 6pm, so I was a tad guilty over that , I will try tonight to not do that.

k- bbl when I get some errands done!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #22  
One day at a time

OMG SUSAN! You crack me up, poopy Sounds like a pinched nerve to me...I get it once in a while, not sure why...but for the most part exercising/walking makes it feel better. Stay away from the cupcakes missy! Unless of course you want to share, lol...I want one!

Gonna have to go add a bunny to the easter challenge...too cute! Okay, going to finish up my walking.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:33 PM   #23  

popping back in shortly while Tommy and the boys play the new Wii game we got last night with the steering wheel. it is a racing game, and now Logan wants Tommy to race with a school bus!

I think we are going to see if I can switch the balls on my first steel barbell for my tongue ring. I like the one that I have in now, but it feels like it is too short. So, I am going to see if I can just switch the balls around and put them on the longer barbell.

Cristina~ The tongue is healing just fine. It looked like I somehow got an extra flap of skin on it, from when she pierced it, but it is all good. And it doesn't bother me one bit, so I am fine with it.

SuzieQ~ How are you and the Gabster? I am a sucker for cupcakes, so I am surprised that you are able to refrain! I had made heart shaped cookies last Friday and also peanut butter cookies. I just took the last of them over to the office for our friend that works in there.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

I am back.....my fingers smell like onions from slicing them for my salad. What a lovely scent...should we even wonder why I haven't had a date in months? hahaha.

Mindee- The cupcakes are in the fridge,,,,out of sight and I can't smell them...otherwise I probably would eat one or two..lol I did have a slice of the cake, just not much into sweets, I guess. Now if it was a bagel!

Cristina - oh sure.....exercise will help my numb butt, figures. I think I will just get use to it. lol Gaby isn't into her looks very much ,must be an earthy child...she does like pretty dresses and shoes and she liked getting her hair washed and dryed at the hair dressers the other day. I call her sweetie too, it isn't always poopy..., and I say it w/ love!! lol Why are you waking up at 4am? That would be horrible, I need my sleep. I was walking dead yesterday at work, I was so tired from the Portland trip.

Katy - I hope Jason picks Melissa! Molly is icky, I can't get past that make up. 7 is so different from 6....like a whole year. Gaby keeps insisting she isn't a baby anymore. I have her taking a Saturday Sharks class starting this weekend, she is thrilled w/ being a shark.....because they kill or something like that.lol

Sue - Thinking of you and your mother! Hope you are having a good week..and stay away from the girl scout cookies!

Kathy - What breed of puppies do you have? Gaby would love a doggie someday. Raisin bread sounds yummy! And the ex is just wimpy,my garbage is light. Course I am getting to be an expert trash slinger from having to do that at work. Also,he could have sat in the kitchen,,,,,why drag it across the living room! Still pisses me off...lol

Hi to Sassy & Michelle.....

running out of time, need to go get Gaby from school!!

chat later....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-18-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #25  
ugggg.....

Quickie for me--both throat and lung cancer have been ruled out for Mom. We go the the appt a week from tomorrow and get her set up for radiation. Hoping that it is just in those few lymph nodes and the skin cancer and the radiation will take care of it and be done.

Happy bday to Gaby!!! Such a big little girl...Teri has a baby and she's still my baby!!

I will pick up from here, too much to try to catch up at this point from this thread and the last!!! Where have I been...what was I thinking...I can't miss more than a day or I am too far behind and having to read forever!!!

Love you all...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #26  

what can I say....I can't stay away from you girls!!

SuzieQ~ I am not one for much sweets either, unless it is a muffin or a yummy looking cookie! Our friend that works here, told me that I shouldn't have given him the whole bag of cookies because he can't stop eating them. I said "well, that is what they are there for." Then he shot back "yeah, well I am trying to lose weight." I said "what weight? you don't weigh that much!" He then said "I am trying to get a six pack and not a six roll." Then he told me that he can't help it because I make delicious cookies.....to which I said "what can I say? I strive for the best."

Jules~ I will be thinking of your mom! Are they going to run any more tests to rule out any other forms of cancer?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #27  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Girls.

Well guess what? I CAN BREATHE!!!!!!! I am soooo happy! And the cold is over with just in time so I can work on packing and not pass out from not breathing AND this is MY Friday!

We get the keys to the house on Friday (this Friday)!! Very cool!!!

Sorry I have not done individuals, but been busy w/ work and then when at home, busy working on packing and getting ready for the move! WHO-YEAH!

I hope you all are doing well!!!!!

Latta!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-18-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #28  
ugggg.....

Good Morning.....I have a VERY busy day ahead of me at work today. I have a little sticker on my computer here that says "the urge to scream tells me that I am at work"....I just need to focus on being thankful that I do have a job that I like and coworkers that work well together with just minor issues.

My niece had a miscarriage...she is so sad. SIL and I had a major blowup late last year and just have recently started talking again. I am so sad for her.

Mindee--to answer your question, the Dr seemed to think that those two spots were the only other possibilities of where the cancer was coming from. Here's hoping and praying that it is just the skin cancer and that the radiation wil take care of it quickly. I have a weakness for cookies at Christmas, but for the most part I want something salty.

Sassy--woohoo on feeling better and getting keys to your house..Teri is getting so frustrated at the looking process...the one she fell in love with is already rented...If worse comes to worse one of JR's friends has a townhouse to rent to them but it's about 40 minutes from our house and if she gets the job at Citibank she will have an hour drive one way...He's frustrating me a little...he's not willing to compromise and even look at places closer in our direction (and of where she will be working --"fingers crossed") but he wants her to compromise and move to the same city his parents and friends are. I am starting to wonder if she once again got the same type of guy but just one that has a job and pays his share.

Will the stresses ever end......

Well, I gotta get to my work!! Have a wonderful day to you all!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #29  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Susan...I have no idea why I keep waking up at 4 a.m....but I did it again this morning, ugh! Then the alarm went off at 5:15. The plan was to get in a dvd in before getting ready to go pick up the little one...HA! Right!, lol...I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep but it wasn't happening. I really hate waking up that early too because I stay up a little late 11:30'ish so that I will sleep thru the night. I love the smell of onions after you slice/cut them up...smells so good to me. I can't eat raw onions though, lol. Driving does take a toll on one, hope your hip is feeling better

Jules...glad to hear the news, hope they figure it out though, and soon. Funny you say that...I have always told the kids "No matter how old you are, you will always be my babies" Hope Teri ends up with something closer to you guys, espeically since you watch the little one...a hour one way is terrible! Sorry to hear about your neice, that is too sad! Lots of hugs to her

Mindee...sweets are my downfall. Not sure at what point I got a huge sweet tooth but I wish it would go away, lol. Glad the tongue is healing.

Sassy...yay to getting the keys early!

Hiya Katy, Sue, Michelle, Kathy, Tammy, Francie, and Asia...why is it I always feel like I am forgetting someone, sorry if I did.

Not much going on with me today. Picked up the little one and went to Wal-Mart for grocery shopping. Man...it took a little over a hour with her...that is why I prefer shopping alone. I didn't even have that much to get either!

Home now, of course, and getting ready to do a dvd then she (Cambrie) wants to watch her movie...Enchanted. Her momma had to buy her a new one because the other one was so worn down and scratched, lol. I'll try to get back later but not sure...maybe when she goes down for a nap.

Take care, and have a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-19-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #30  
RosieKate

Good Morning!

118g carbs yesterday. I splurged on a pint of stout at knitting group, or I would have been closer to 100, but I did it anyway. Did water aerobics in the a.m. Easter challenge is off and running!

Cristina - we all loved Enchanted, but don't own the DVD, yet. We'd probably wear it out, too. I would want to sing along to all the songs... You know, I wake up every morning at 4, too. I've been told it hormones, but then again, every complaint I have seems to be about hormones, ugh.

Jules - glad to read the your mom's cancer is not appearing elsewhere. I hope the radiation gets it all. I'm sure it will as it sounds like your mom got on top of it early...always a good thing with skin cancer! I hope Teri can find a place close to you and her mew job...would make life less complicated wouldn't it?

Sassy - glad you are feeling better in time for your big move!

Susan
- OK, you are going to laugh but I have Bachelor spoilers - again. I read the Bachelor thread over on Survivor Sucks, and EW also has been talking about this guy named Reality Steve who swears he knows all the behind the scenes dope. I don't ask for this privilege, it merely has been granted to me by the forces of the internet, lol! I don't like Molly either...too much makeup for bungee jumping if you ask me, then to go on about how she just puts her hair in a ponytail, puts on Chapstick and leaves the house? Yeah right!

Hi to Mindee, Francie, Sue, Tammy, Kathy, Michelle, and Asia!

Going to try to get on here daily to post my carbs/exercise to keep me focused for this challenge. Third time's the charm, right? My day is looking to be pretty uneventful. I need to clean house a little, pay bills, knit, stay off Facebook ( lol)....real boring. Have a great day everyone!