Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Morning everyone! I have managed to get in some exercise today but eating isn't really back under control yet. baby steps I guess. Just really stressed out about my oldest kid, hard to focus on much else.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 173/165/140

Height: 5ft 5"

Hi,

I'm new - glad to see some fellow biker chickies on the forum.

I live in Bahrain, in the Middle East - the roads and the driving is awful, but the weather is awesome for riding at least 10 months of the year - just gets a bit warm in the middle of summer, but I ride straight through anyway!

I ride:
09 VMAX
08 KTM RC8
08 Harley Rocker C
06 Harley Fat Boy
02 Harley V-Rod

(Hubby and I share bikes, and we are a little bit addicted!!)

For exercise I have started doing walk Away The Pounds 4 times per week. I battle with exercise due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis, and battle with weight loss due to PCOS but I'm determined not to miss out on all the fun this summer as I am too self-concious to wear shorts and swimwear in public!
Old 04-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #423  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi chickies-

I'm not dead...just busy. I'll post more after I read and catch up.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Gina!!!!

Welcome JulieBahrain!!! There are a few of us here and we talk about everything..... I would say you have quite the variety of bikes there, which one do you like the most?

Holly I know you are well on your way if not already at your party, hope you are having a blast Yes I am also doing 3 miles on top of shred but you know still not losing a pound- I am not getting my follow shot this month- we will have to do something else??? Have not decided yet what I am going to do? Since it is due today hopefully in the next couple of weeks my body will say OK time to start losing again.

Well I do have to bowl 6 games tonight- YAY but weather is starting to turn for the worse right now

Had a blast last night my friend made it to town we went out about 9pm got home about 230am but I did only have like 5 beers all night so not to bad at all.

Talk to you later
Old 04-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #425  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi JulieB, welcome! I read your intro in the Intro section also. kewl that you and your husband have so many bikes to choose from!! I had to google Bahrain because I didn't know where it was so now I know. I see it's ruled by Arabic royal family; as a female, are there cultural restraints you have to follow? very nice to have you here

Hi ChopperChick glad you had fun with your girlfriend. We had fun at the party (understatement, LOL) When I see the pics I'll remember other things too, Im sure

Hi Mandy, sorry about your stress

talk to yall later!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Default this is a long one guys.

Hi Ladies! I am soooo glad to be home!

Welcome Julie! You have picked a great thread to join. I am new and they have welcomed me here with open arms. I am curious like Holly is to see what your favorite ride is. I just got back from a 900+ mile ride on my 09 Dyna.

Mandy, I am sorry you are going through so much stress with the kid (s). I know when there is problem with one it seems to spread like wildfire. Hang in there...... and if you need to vent, we are here!

Holly, thanks so much for the weather concern. We had to go since it was a business trip. It was my business trip..... so we had to. We did get horrible weather both ways. On the way there we got over 1/2 way there and it started....... it even got as bad as the weather channel said--- we were on the tail of a tornado. We stopped at a truckstop to get out of (any) path of it..... and I was so upset, I missed a curb and almost dropped my bike. The only thing that stopped it was my leg, which is now blue. Wayne got it off me, it never went down.... it just burned my rain suit leg up..... which is funny b/c it never dawned on me to check my rain suit after WL...... and it was waaayyyyy too big. The crotch was down to my knees and I looked like the Michilan Man who ate a Smurf going down the road b/c it was so BIG. Anyway, we stayed at the redneck heaven that had carpet on the walls until the storm blew through. I was thankful for the hospitality of the employees of the truck stop.... no matter how backwoods it was. After that it rained off and on the rest of the way until we got close to N.O. I was VERY thankful it was not raining going over that 13 mile bridge of swamp! We got there way later than we planned b/c DF got us lost in N.O. But, we got there safe and sound. It was pretty both Friday and Saturday, but this AM when we left, as soon as we got to the freeway-- it started raining. It rained all the way back until we got outside Memphis.... then the wind started. It was blowing sooooo hard-- all the way home. It made it so rough b/c we were on the side of the wind.

All in all we had a good time. I don't want to go back there. It is very dirty..... there are sooooo many bums and scammers. We sat down at a McDs when we got there and and there was 2 guys scoping us out.....and then yesterday the shoe shinners tried to scam til they found out DF profession..... then they left. There was a food festival and a pirate festival going on when we got there. There was a lot to see---- some good some bad. I would not want to spend $ to go on a vacation there........ and I certainly would not want to take kids there. Within 5 minutes of us being there DF had been flashed and offered stuff more times than I can count. But, in all fairness, we only saw that small section off the river.

I did not get a beniet..... .they are more for bfast and I was in class during those times.

I did eat my very FIRST oyster there. It proves with garlic, butter, and cheese--- anything is eatable. I got a shirt (DF bought me) saying "I ate my first oyster at Acme company". It is a cool shirt. I cannot say oyesters are my favorite (I only ate 1), but it was not too bad. I COULD NOT bring myself to eat one raw.... They did have gator on a stick too.... I did not try. BLECH! Even with those odd foods, I still ate more than I should. I had a roast beef sub TO DIE FOR........ and some junk food...... even though I was going to boycott. Oh well, that was the point of the fast. I don't want to get on the scales in the AM but I have to.

I am so happy to be home. I don't like to insult anyone's state they live in.... but for me, I am glad to be an Arkansas hick. The party life in N.O. is too much for me. When we were pulling out this AM at 5:45.... they were still partying full force in the streets. I did not get much rest at all.

Holly, glad you had a good gathering at the friends.
CC, I am glad you had fun with your friend.

You two both are doing very good on the exercise! All I did was walk when we were there. My boss said he went in my office to get something the other day and he said he could not imagine there not being a treadmill in there. I told him I could not either b/c sitting in those classes were killing me!

The trip (knock on wood) was not as hard on my body as I thought...... but we may not be going to Vegas now afterall. I will type you more later...... my fingers/wrists are sore and I am trying to catch up on siesta..... but my oldest son went haywire when we were gone.... I don't think the boys will be able to stay here while we go to Vegas.

I am going to sleep now..... Although it is early, I am sooo tired b/c of the lack of sleep. Y'all have a good one, hope I did not tie up too much of your time for this.

Tammy
Old 04-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #427  

Tammy that is awesome you made a long trip and in such nasty weather. Sorry I believe I put it was your DF business trip- must not have been paying much attention to that part... Anyways I have heard the same thing that you are saying about N.O.

Ewwww Oysters, I do not like them, have tried them and no can do- I have even tried them in Deadwood and what they call an Oyster Shot not sure what is all in the shots except for the raw oyster.... Won't do another one of them either

Sorry to hear about your Vegas trip possibly being cancelled. It will hopefully all work for you (:

I bet you are tired, it was a very long day for you today- Actually it was probably a long few days- Get lots of rest- Goodnight
Old 04-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #428  
Biker Chick!

Good morning and welcome back Tammy! good lord you had a doozy of an initiation of "Riding in the Rain 101" . LOL @ the hotel with carpet on the walls and GOOD ON YOU for managing to keep your bike up even when it was on your leg oh and LOL @ your description of your rain suit size

Gina!! Hi!!! glad yer alive and kickin

good morning ChopperChick

I need to work out, then I will check back in to confirm that I did work out!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #429  
Biker Chick!

oof, just did Day 10 of Level 2, and I should do something else, but as I said, oof

tonight I will preview Level 3 and see what is in store for tomorrow

Friday at work, a customer came in to nicely complain that she received a sandwich that was made with a crust (end piece) of bread. The boss does the same horrible customer service by telling her 'do you know how much bread costs' And I didn't know it but we were preparing a sandwich for her right then, and wouldn't you know it....boss uses a crust of bread for THAT sandwich also. That means, when the lady is on her way and unwraps her paper, she finds yet another end piece. She will never come back and she will tell 10 people of her experience....
Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #430  

Good Morning and all I have to say Holly is "What a piece of work your boss is!!!"

Great Job on 30 day shred I am only on day 6 so I need to stay on track

Well better get off to work so I will check back in later
Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #431  

Wow, what a difference 12 hours of sleep will make! Woo Hoo!

Well, I managed to get on the scale....... I did gain a pound..... it has to be the oyster 1 oyster---- 1 pound..... see the correlation Anywhoooooo, I am doing Slim Fast for today only...... to balance it back out.

Holly, I am telling you that boss is a piece of work! You must be part saint working for him as long as you have!

CC: Did you chase the snow down here? We were in the 70-80s this weekend (even when I was gone), today we are in the 40s with a chance of snow tonight! If so, we don't want it! Give it to Florida or somewhere

Where we had the oysters, they were walking through the waiting line and giving shots..... with oysters in them......ewwwww! Nasty!

Have the stopped your depo shots yet, CC? And, it is okay about the mistake on the DF.... I wish it was his b/c I could have run around.

I did not get to swim or walk on the riverfront..... it was tooooo dangerous. I did do a lot of walking though. SOME of the shops were cool.

Mandy, how are you doing? Is your daughter for sure "PMSing"? Maybe this will help her mature a little. IF you need anything...... just yell. I don't have girls anymore (ex-stepdaughters), but I have been there girl. Hang in there!

My employer (sorry to rub it in Holly), is the BEST and he is trying to talk me into going to Vegas anyway...... it is still up in the air. DF is going to talk to my son. It is a sticky situation! He will probably move out.... but he crossed the line and it is PAST time for him to grow up. We will just have to see......

I am going to get back to work..... with the seminar, comes more work.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #432  

Tammy I was suppose to renew shot today but I do believe I am just going to miss it. I have to get this weight off and that is not helping one bit...

I wished the snow away but we did get it anyways this last spell left us 6.5 inches and about 70 miles away got another 10+ inches. It is suppose to get close to 60 on Saturday before the rain comes again, I guess it is April and that does bring spring showers...

Sorry to hear about your son, how old is he? I have 2 boys 18 and 19 and the youngest has been our greatest challenge for the last 5 years and I am talking challenge....

Well going to get my exercise in before anybody gets home, I will check back in later
Old 04-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #433  

My oldest is 19.... and very smart.... however he is just taking advantage of the whole situation. I love him dearly, but this last episode was not fair to anyone involved. He is in the military and very responsible IF it is important to him..... but if not, his attitude is "who cares". Unfortunately, this is not the way to live life. So, we are at a boiling point now. I have a 15 year old, who is watching him very carefully and that is not right either. I hate to let my DF "take over the dad role", but their father when he was alive was not much of a father and they have not had anyone in life but me..... so I tend to let them by with more than I should have (nothing compared to other mothers), but as bad as I hate to say it..... I let them play me like a fiddle. Therefore, I am allowing DF to talk to him, which may result in a temper tantrum and him moving out, but it is for his own good. I would never let DF mistreat him..... however I guess the only way to say it is I don't have the "balls" to put my foot down.

Tammy
Old 04-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #434  
Biker Chick!

good evening ladies! Tammy it's so nice to see you in the Onederland where you are a and ewwww, a shot with an oyster in it, ack!! I'm sorry for the troubles with son..sure hope it turns out OK with no drama when your DF speaks with him. And I like to hear of bosses that are great

ChopperChick, that stinks that there is still that amount of sn*w that can fall still. It's just mean at this point isnt' it!

Oh and I had a bad eating day nothing to do except just pick myself off and try to do better. I do feel good about my exercising at least, it is what is SAVING me from gaining.

tonight I'll pop Level 3 in our mini dvd player and see what I'll be doing tomorrow. have a great night!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Hey yall. Sorry I have been MIA for the most part. I got back on track with food today. I created a challenge on Chicks up For A Challenge section for logging food for 7 days, anyone want to join me?

Hubby got him a new bike today, well new to him. It's a 99 Vstar 1100, it is a gorgeous red and in immaculate condition, he was riding a 83 honda CB1000 custom but it seems like every month, something needs to be fixed, replaced ect. Its a great old bike but needs someone that has the time to really work on it. Hubby has already done a lot, like rebuilt the head ect. Now it needs a clutch and some little part to fix the speedometer. We like to RIDE our bikes, not work on the all the time, especially since hubby's is his daily commuter. So, we now have 4 bikes and scooter..lol (the new bike came with a 50cc scooter in the deal) My 96 savage, his 83 Honda and the scooter are all for sale.

Add me to the Oysters are Nasty club!!!! EW

Holly, your boss sucks big time, if I had been that lady, it would not have been pretty. Did you take pics of the boobie cupcakes?

Tammy, I hope things work out for you to go to Vegas, can you get a sitter for your son since he cant seem to act like he is supposed to?

So far I think I have dodged the 12yr old PMSing...lol We have so mant issues with her already, we don't need another. Anytime she has the choice to making a right and wrong choice, it will be the wrong one every time. the last draw was her having her 5yr old little brother cook oatmeal for breakfast while she sat and watched TV. He same how got a bowl on the eye, it melted on the glass top. the place that had the melted plastic, now has deep pits in the glass so we have to buy a new glass top. And a neighbor brought hubby and I a Thank You gift and it was some Dove Chocolate pieces(dark chocolate, chocolate caramel and milk chocolate) The kids asked if they could have some, I told them no, they have their own candy bag and I out ours in our bedroom. Our oldest ate them, well only ones I said were my favorite and was completely shocked that we noticed. I could go on but it would be a long list.
Closed Thread