Old 11-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #181  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday's root canal was brutal. I was in the chair 2 and a half hours although he was working on me and another patient during that time. Last night my mouth was hurting so DH went and got me some won ton soup so I could "gum" my food. Today my mouth is still hurting badly. Going to be a long day at work.

I'm sorry I'm not up for chatting right now. Maybe I'll feel better tonight.

Hope you all have a good day.

Great news on the wheelchair Mel!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #182  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD~ SOMETIMES I AM GLAD I ONLY HAVE THE WORLDLIES AS MY REAL FAMILY SENDING YOU A SISTERLY HUG

MICHA~ I AM EXCITED FOR YOU BECOMING THEIR WEBDIRECTOR. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE IT'S A NICE JOB THAT YOU CAN ENJOY. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND AND A CLOSED OFFICE TOO!

HAPPY~ NOTHING WORSE THAN A ROOTCANAL!! SO SORRY THE VISIT WENT SO LONG. JUST REST UP AND BE GENTLE TO YOUR POOR MOUTH! I FOUND LITE SALT WATER RINSES MADE MY GUMS FEEL BETTER WHEN THEY WERE BEING DESTROYED...NOT SURE IF IT WAS MENTAL OR PHYSICAL BUT THEY HELPED.

I WORKED A SMALL BIT YESTERDAY AND DANG NEAR FROZE TO DEATH ON THE FIRST FLOOR. DURING THE NIGHT I WOKE WITH CHILLS EVEN THOUGH I TOOK A HOT SHOWER JUST BEFORE BEDTIME. I HAD TO CANCEL THE TRADER JOE TRIP A FEW MINUTES AGO. BUT I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS SMART TO GO OUT AND START ANOTHER "ATTACK" ALL OVER AGAIN SO SOON. I DID NOTICE LAST WINTER BOTH JEN AND I WERE REACTING FASTER WITH EACH PASSING YEAR SO IT'S NO SURPRISE. I NEED TO REMEMBER TO SPACE MY EXPOSURES TO COLD MORE FOR MY BENEFIT. I ALSO TOLD MY FRIEND THAT TOO SO NO ONE COUNTS ON ME THE DAY BEFORE MY TRADER JOE'S
OTHER THAN THAT, ALL IS WELL IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD AND I FEEL GOOD ABOUT NOT GOING OUT AND FREEZING MY BUNS OFF!! THANK GOD FOR FREEZERS AND THE FACT THAT MINE IS JAMMED. BREAKFAST TODAY WAS ITALIAN BREAD TOASTED AND ZABAR'S ORANGE JUICE. YUM!
HAPPY THURSDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-20-2008 at 08:48 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:43 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Stay warm from your worldlie sister.

Happy
Ouch on the root canal. You should have stayed home from work today.
to you also.

House cleaning is on my agenda today. Need to get busy.

Hello to the rest
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #184  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Whew the interview is over, it went real smoothly, actually exceptionally great. I did end up interviewing with the P and VP. The VP had scheduled out of the office, however HR forgot to tell her they changed my end of the interview to just the P. So the VP call into the conference room for a phone interview. All went well. Thanks Happy, Shad and Michelle. Of course you are all right as to the why's of it all.

Happy...hope you are feeling better since the day at the denist. You poor thing, I hate going to the denist and to think you were there for 2 1/2 hours. OMG...Ouch.

MEL...Glad you are wheelin' around better in that chair. Sorry you are freezin', however it is cold and windy here too. Maybe we should build a bon fire.

Ceejay...hey back at cha babe. Wish I was there to help you clean. It is pretty bad when you dust your house and the rag is still white as can be. Nothing like cleaning your clean house. The dog even looks at me funny these days.

Michelle...thank you for the great thoughts with me today, I do believe they helped.

Shad...maybe you should go to work for Lowes, Home Depot, Menards or some other hardware/lumber company as a subcontractor. As much experience as you are getting with your own house, you should be a professional by now. xoxo

Hello to all....

Thanks again, guys, for your support, love, and encouraging words, thoughts and prayers.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:23 PM   #185  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hey Annie - nice pic of you and the man. He must be quite tall since you aren't short either.

Happy - so sorry to hear that the root canal went so long and is so painful. Teeth are wonderful things but not when they go wrong.

Mel - so glad you had a good visit with Carla - see I told you she didn't have two heads didn't I? See - I told you she wasn't too bad (as long as she didn't take you for a hike in the mountains - then she gets to be a witch) (Just joking Carla). Sorry I wasn't around for the grand phone call, it would have been nice, but alas not possible. Maybe she will have to try renting the broom cupboard at Trump Tower next time and we will try again.

Michelle - so nice that you will have the MIL for Christmas and New Year. Don't know what we will do yet. I'm sort of thinking to go to the DS1's place in Adelaide, but it depends. I may yet go to NZ and spend it with my sister. Then again, I might just go home and pull the covers up over my head and pretend to be away. DS2 is talking about going to Perth and Mandurah in WA to see friends. Somehow I don't think we will all be together this year.

Not much to report from here. I have about 3.00 hours to go before home time but that doesn't mean much even if it is Friday here. I get to come back here again tomorrow and Sunday. Then on Monday I get to go to Tom Price mine and talk to the good folk up there for a couple of days. Back on Wednesday. Little plane, lets hope we don't have to get out and push. Given that the woman who books the flights doesn't appear to like me too much, I have to prise the information about accommodation and car hire etc out of her, it becomes boring and I get a little sniffy about it. Which doesn't make me any more popular I can tell you.

It's supposed to rain here by tonight. Can't see it myself. Poor old Brisbane is copping some terrible weather and there are roofs and trees and houses in crisis all up the north coast. Poor people. If anyone wants to see the terrible damage try www.couriermail.com.au and go through the picture galleries. Not you Mel, there are too many uniforms there for you to drool over. The keyboard will be dripping.

Okay - better go look see what I have to take with me to the mine. Not sure how this is going to go since I don't have much in the way of luggage to pack things into. I guess I will manage somehow. I'm definitely not buying more luggage anyway.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #186  

Hello Ladies,

Just a quick hello, it's been a very busy day.

Annie - Oh, i'm so glad your interview went well. Just stay positive about it. Are you going to send a note/email tomorrow and thank them? A friend of mine work in HR and she says lots of people do that.

Happy - oh, i feel your pain.

OH, Blackie is barking up a storm, it's very windy here tonight and it's getting colder. I need to go check on him. I'll be back later or in am.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:55 PM   #187  

Annie
I sure could have used your muscle today. I rearranged the bedroom. I have much more room. Glad the interview went well.

Patty
Hope Blackie is okay.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #188  

Annie
That is a great picture.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #189  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Meant to tell you all,

Yesterday I saw my first frilled neck lizard. He was about a foot long and at least 7 inches of that was tail. He was a gorgeous golden brown with white stripes. Unfortunately I frightened him and he disappeared into the warehouse. Let's hope he has been able to find his way out.

What a lovely creature. Naturally enough no camera to hand. Grrrrrrrr. I really should put it in my pocket
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #190  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY...HOW DID THE HOUSE CLEANING GO??? I ALSO WANT TO SAY THAT YOUR SIGGIE REMINDS ME WHEN I SEE IT THAT WE ALL NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES

ANNIE..SEE!! DIDN'T MAMA MEL TELL YOU NOT TO READ INTO THE CHANGES!! GLAD IT ALL WENT SO WELL. KEEPING THE FINGERS CROSSED

SHAD...THIS JOB CERTAINLY HAS YOU MOVING AROUND A LOT! HOPE YOU GOT THE WATER PILLS WITH YOU WITH ALL THIS FLYING. BE NICE TO THE LADY OR SHE MIGHT ARRANGE TO GIVE YOU A HIRE CAR WITH 4 FLAT TIRES!!! IF I HAD SEEN THE LIZARD...IT WOULD BE ME COWERING INSIDE THE WAREHOUSE!!!

PATTY..IS BLACKIE BARKING AT FLYING LEAVES?? WE ONCE HAD A DOG THAT DID JUST THAT.

I THINK CARLA HAS FALLEN OFF THE FACE OF NYC. OR SHE JUST MIGHT BE FROZEN TO A LAMP POST ON A BROADWAY CORNER. DANG IT HAS BEEN COLD IN THIS NECK OF THE WOODS. I FEEL BETTER TODAY. AND I REALLY NEED TO EAT ON A MORE REGULAR TIME IF I AM GOING TO TAKE MEDS FOR PAIN. I GET A BIT FOGGY AND THE DAY FLIES BY. OUR MAINT. MAN MOTA HAD A SMALL STROKE LAST NIGHT AND WILL BE IN HOSPITAL FOR A FEW DAYS FOR OBSERVATION. WE'RE GOING TO BE MISSING HIM FOR SURE. TOLD MY FRIEND THIS IS A WAKE UP CALL FOR ALL OF US HERE WHO ARE STRESSED OUT AND YELLING AT EACH OTHER. TIME FOR A CHANGE. I AM OFF FOR SOME R&R THIS WEEKEND. RICHIE AND JEN WILL HAVE HIS DD FOR THE THANKSGIVING WEEK. I AM DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. EVERYONE ELSE IS COOKING!
OFF TO BLOW DRY THE HAIR :MOPED:
HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:33 AM   #191  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy ladies,

It's freezing cold here too and the bed was super warm and comfy because I overslept. ALOT. now I'm racing away. Just checked in here a minute while I'm gulping down the coffee.

Annie - so glad the interview went well - let's hope it's good news for you

Mel - kick back and relax. You deserve it. I agree about the life lesson with Mota. We should all take note.

Shad - that lizard sounds way cool. Too bad you didn't have the camera but hopefully you will see it again because WE WANT TO SEE IT

Ceejay - I find that rearranging rooms is uplifting - if just for a new look

Hi Patty

Is DMIL "enjoying" the frigid weather Michelle? Of course not! Brisk my patootie

Ok, I have to run now. Tooth feels much better today. Still tender but at least I can put some pressure on it. I gummed some salmon and a potato at lunch and smashed some meatloaf for dinner and skipped the vegetables. Today I eat!!!!

See yah...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #192  
Annie - Indiana

Hidee Ho Beautiful Ladies.........

Happy...So glad your tooth is feeling much better today. What a great reason to eat yummy mashed potatos....love the mashed potatos..

THANKS MOMMA MEL.....momma is always right, hey wait, I am a momma too. Resting and taking it easy for Thanksgiving sounds wonderful. I am a bit concerned as none of my family (except my closest brother) know about my lay off cause I just hate the badgering I get from them all about a job. It has been almost 2 months, so I guess I had better tell them. Believe it or not only my closest brother knows about the bariatric surgery. Not mom, dad or the other two brothers know. They are freaks like that.

Shad...yes Tony is 6'1". He is coming over tonight, we are going out for dinner. He is such a sweetie. You know ole negative Nancy me, I keep waiting for the balloon to burst. and Shad, you work WAY too much. Please try to enjoy our Thanksgiving. :^)

Patty...thanks for the reminder about the note, however I woke up at 2:00 am thinking about it and what to say, so I will do that just after I post here.

Ceejay...I am pretting open today if you still need my muscle! ;^) Thanks for the nice picture comment. I think I am liking Tony a LOT!!

Hey Michelle where the heck are you girl.

Today I am taking some jeans back to Charlotte Russe, stopping at Big Lots to check things out, and then by the library to take some books back. Thought about making Tony a peanutbutter pie, but maybe not.

Hello to everyone.

Much Love and Many Hugs,
Old 11-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #193  
Annie - Indiana

Happy...Good Morning to you to girl, I am joining you for the gulp of coffee.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #194  

Fallen off the earth? Not a chance! After returning from a wonderful visit at Mel's, I cuddled up on the frozen futon couch and fell asleep. Didn't make it outside again until Thursday. Being a good tenant, I had turned the heater off when I went to Joisy, and it took 11 hours to get the place back to a decent temp. During that time, like one of Shad's lizards would be, I was in a semi-coma and just lay here shivering. Woke up yesterday to the realization my time here was almost up, and sprang into shopping action. New bras, new sweaters, new purse (handbag). Today, if it's not too cold to move, it'll be more shopping and a visit to the Mirņ exhibition at MOMA. (I have no winter coat with me, and the layering thing can only carry me so far...)

Coming back from the first round of shopping yesterday I looked across the Hudson to wave at Mel, and almost had heart failure! Billowing black smoke was rising above the horizon... "Oh no" I thought, "Mel's gone and tried to cook a roast!!!" It turned out to be a fire after a tanker accident, with no traffic getting in or out of the tunnel. Hey Mel, good thing I wasn't still at your place - you would have been stuck with me, lke it or not!

Annie, even tho I haven't been posting, my fingers were crossed that your interview would go well, and it sounds like the collective emanating from 3fc did the trick! I sure hope they don't leave you waiting too long before you get another call! And Tony is definitely a hunk! Nice going.

Happy, sorry to hear the teeth are hurting so much. Try to think of all the calories you saved being unable to eat. Just as well you couldn't join me here for a lightning visit after all - I think the cold would have driven you crazy, not to mention the tight quarters, the steep little staircase, the grimy public transportation... (When I was getting off the Staten Ferry I put my hand on the railing and got something unspeakable on it. : Went straight to a bathroom to wash, then raced out to buy a little bottle of hand sanitizer which has gone with me everywhere since then. Not that I know that you're squeamish, but then I wasn't squeamish before that happened...)

Shad, good luck with the flight in the puddle jumper! I'm not sure it was a good idea to piss off someone who can book you on a Bush Pilots-r-Us training flight... Your lizard sounded beautiful. Maybe if you lay a trail of nice freshly chopped veggies and flies you can tempt him out for a photo session?

Ceejay, what a bummer that your employers messed up your plans to travel to Dallas and your sister, especially since Patty was willing to go out of her way to meet up with you! I hope the company paid the cancellation fee for the flight!

Michelle, you sound pretty happy to have your MIL with you again. I do understand - I always wished my wonderful MIL had been my real mother.
Has your husband had any luck yet with the job search? Fingers that he'll find something soon. At least he'll have a little extra time to spend with his mother over the holidays!

Yikes, time to get a move on. Lots to do before I pack to go home tomorrow! It'll be good to get back to the cats and my home and all my own stuff.

Greetings to Ruth, Madcat, Patty, Rennie (wherever you are!), and whoever I'm forgetting to mention.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #195  

Popping in to say hello. I've been up since 7 a.m. The pay check has been delivered and I've started on the laundry and kitchen.

I'm going to Paragould a little earlier today than I'd planned. I have some things I want to drop off at the thrift store there.

I'm counting the days till I'm on a semi vacation--Thanksgiving Holiday's.

Carla
Stay warm. I always turn my heat down but not off when I leave. Don't want things to freeze. I've im'd Reenie but she still hasn't answered. I hope nothing has happened to her.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-21-2008 at 10:48 AM.