Old 11-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #196  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Carla...Thanks for the fingers crossed. I sent my thank you for the interview email earlier today. I keep talking to the man upstairs, knowing he wants me to have this position, and reminding him to please put it in the minds of the interviewers they want me. ;^) Yes, I think Tony is a keeper. He is coming over tonight and taking me to dinner.

Sounds as if you had a great trip to MELs. I wish we could all meet that would be fabulous.

Went to Big O Tire this morning to have tires rotated. Free as that is where I bought the tires. Then went to the libraray. They are beginning to recognize me since I hang out there quite often now. haha. Guess it is better than hanging out in a bar, where it isn't a free ride.

God love my BF in St. Louis. She sent me a card with $$ for gas to come and visit her. She must want me to visit really badly. Good thing gas has come down quite significantly. It is $1.57 right now in Indy and always cheaper in St. Louis. I will leave in the morning and return on Monday afternoon, so I may not post over the weekend.

Lots of Love and Hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #197  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Not much doing here today. It is actually raining - large wet drops of the stuff although I don't think it will last very long. Just enough to annoy the gardeners and too much for the idiots on the road who think that one has to drive faster in the wet to get wherever quicker.

Patty good to have you in again.

Annie - drive carefully on the way to St Louis. What a nice pressie. Where did you go for dinner?

Ceejay - Same goes for you too. Drive safely, come back safe.

Carla - Glad to hear you have been having such a wonderful time in NY. Wish I could have been there, but maybe not for the cold broom cupboard that you rented. Crikey - I thought that you Canadians were into the cold weather and didn't Madcat say that you only do up the buttons on your coats when the temps reach -10 or so??? So good to hear that you've had such a wonderful visit with Mel. I knew you two would get on. Nutcases inc.

Happy - glad the tooth is better. Such pain from such a small item - unbelievable. I'm keeping an eye out for the lizard but he will be in hiding today - no sun or at least not much for him to come out to sit in. He may actually live in the warehouse but I haven't seen him before. I'll send out a message that you'd like a photo. Now where did I put the lizard phrasebook.

Mel - I'm taking the tablets. I'm trying to be nice to the lady. I don't know what I have done to upset her. Maybe I didn't admire the wedding photos or something. Have no idea. Maybe I tick her off because I like to get things done swiftly and keep in communication with people. She takes things to the wire. Sometimes I don't get to understand my car hire until the last minute before I take off into the wild blue yonder. Like today, she has sent a message saying the car is hired at the Paraburdoo airport. But hasn't bothered to tell me what company she has booked through. Aaah well Paraburdoo is small. Can't be more than a dozen or so hire car companies there. I'll just try them all until I find which one has my booking.

Okay - the power is due to go out here in around 7 minutes. I don't actually know what I will do for the 3 or so hours it is out. Maybe go to the shops and see if I can find any Christmas presents. Yep, there is that word again. Ruth doesn't allow Christmas until two weeks before the day. Maybe that's why she doesn't pop in too often. Mel's ticker puts her off.

I'd better go. cya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:14 AM   #198  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ WAS THE COFFEE TOO HOT TO GULP DOWN??? I AM GLAD YOU WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO EAT SOMETING BESIDES BABY FOOD THIS WEEKEND.

ANNIE~ I CAN UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE SECRETS. NOT ONLY FAMILY BUT FRIENDS CAN BE SO BADGERING AS WELL. THEY CAN SO EASILY DEFEAT THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF SOMETHING JUST WHEN YOU NEED THE MOST SUPPORT. GOD KNOWS YOU DID A GREAT JOB ON THE WEIGHTLOSS. GAS IS CHEAPER OUT BY YOU. I FORGET WHAT IT IS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD BUT YOUR PRICES ARE LOWER.

CARLA~ OMG!! YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED HERE...SMOKE OR NO SMOKE!! NICE SHOPPING TRIP!! I WOULD HAVE LENT YOU MY WINTER COAT BUT I ONLY HAVE ONE SAFE TRAVELS MY NORTHERN FRIEND I WILL BRUSH UP ON MY HOSTESS SKILLS FOR THE NEXT VICTIM I REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME. JEN SAYS GOODBYE

CEEJAY~ HAVE FUN IN PARAGOULD!!! WILL YOU BE DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS THERE THIS WEEKEND??? I HAD FORGOTTEN IT WAS RENNIE'S BIRTHDAY THIS MONTH AROUND ELECTION TIME I THINK.

SHAD IS CHRISTMAS SHOPPING???? OMG!!! IT'S GONNA SNOW NOW FOR SURE HERE IN THE STATES!! HAVE FUN WHEN THE POWER GOES OUT. IS THERE NOT A MATE AROUND THAT YOU COULD SHARE THE LIGHTS-OUT WITH??? THE WOMAN REMINDS ME OF SOME ONE HERE....SHE THINKS SHE IS DOING AS GREAT JOB AND IS UNDERATED BUT SHE LEAVES OUT ALL THE IMPORTANT DETAILS...IT'S LIKE PULLING TEETH!! THEN GETS UPSET IF OUR TONE OF VOICES CHANGE!! HAVE FUN SHOPPING! I HEARD THAT....NUTCASES INC!!!

LOTS OF SUNSHINE THIS MORNING. I AM TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO THIS WEEKEND...OR NOT. WITH THE YEAR COMING TO AN END AND MEETINGS THERE WILL BE A LOT OF WORKING WEEKENDS. ALL THE ACCTS NOW CAN WORK BY THEMSELVES. EVERYTHING IS DUPLICATED AND IN THEIR OWN FILE CABINETS THANKS TO MY FRIEND FOR ORGANIZING THAT OFFICE. MAKES MY LIFE SO MUCH EASIER. MONDAY IS THE PLANT MAN AGAIN. I MUST REMEMBER TO THANK HIM FOR MY CHRISTMAS CACTUS. I HAVE BEEN SLEEPING IN A WEE BIT AND GOING TO BED EARLIER. FEELING MUCH MORE LIKE MY OLD SELF...
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-22-2008 at 08:15 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #199  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I'm off for the next 9 days Well probably not all 9 - I do have to log on to work and make some notes of what to pick up working on when I get back because I will forget everything including my passwords

We are staying home - just getting some much needed things done around the house and if time permits, maybe a leg up on getting ready for that holiday that Shad won't let me speak out loud yet

Mel - am glad to hear that the weekend accounting trips are all organized leaving more time for you the rest of the year. I think it's cold all over - takes at least a month before the body gets used to it. Stay warm and snuggly. Is Jen going to be painting the windows again this year?

Shad - what's that about the power going out? Good luck finding your car hire - perhaps they will greet you at the gate with a sign - this way m'am. Perhaps not, and you will go from booth to booth - do you know me???? Hope not, how silly not to tell you which one.

I too wish we could all meet up some how. Not sure the world could handle the worldlies tho

Annie - that is so cool what the BF did. Have a great trip and safe travels!

Ceejay - have a good mini trip. I think the 4 days off over the Thanksgiving holidays brings joy to alot of us

Carla - I'm sorry we couldn't get together. Ewwww on the railing - I'd forgotten about yukko stuff like that. Hand sanitizer is a wonderful idea. Sounds like you had a great time taking in the sights. NY can be a fun place - for a while. Not sure I'd want the city life any more. The stairs wouldn't have gotten to me but the dark, cramped apartment sure would have. I guess by now you are packing up and getting ready to fly home. That surely went quickly!

Well my tooth is doing better - not completely but getting better and I just sent DH off to the dentist. He got a temporary cap on a back tooth and last night as he was using his Water Pik, I guess he blasted it right out of his mouth and down the drain. When I was up north, the temporaries held very well - not so down here. Don't know if they are cutting back on the material or just using crummy cement.

Guess I'd better get off the computer now. I am still in my pajamas and 2 of the neighbors are going to pick up Christmas lights to decorate the front entrance. I told them to call me if they wanted someone to come help and I sure can't do that if I'm in my pjs. Have a good Saturday all...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #200  
Happy September

I JUST WENT DOWN TO ANSWER A SMOKE ALARM AND I COULD SEE MY BREATH IN THE LOBBY BEFORE I EVEN OPENED THE DOORS! OMG THEY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE NEW DOORS BEFORE THE ENTIRE BUILDING KILLS ME BECAUSE I LOVED THEM!! IT IS SOOO EASY FOR ME NOW TO GET IN AND OUT. IT ALSO COMES AT A GREAT TIME WHEN MY ARMS DON'T WANT TO BEND BACKWARDS TRYING TO HOLD THE DOOR OPEN TILL I GET THRU IT!! LOL

HAPPY...OOOH I WISH I COULD DECORATE A BIT THIS WEEKEND...YOU ARE GIVING ME THE BUG TO DO IT TOO!! MAYBE THOSE PEEPS COMING TO PICK UP YOUR LIGHTS MIGHT GIVE ME A HAND. GOOD NEWS ON THE TOOTH. I CRACKED UP WITH THE DH BLASTING HIS CAP DOWN THE DRAIN! OMG TOO FUNNY BUT I GUESS IT WAS A SHOCK TO HIM!! HAPPY DECORATING IF YOU GO WITH THE TROOPS!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 12:19 PM   #201  
Happy September

OMG!! ONLY 33 MORE DAYS LEFT!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #202  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Page 6?? I'll never catch up!

Hey! Kennedy was shot 45 years ago. Do you remember what you were doing?

I was sewing on one of six bridesmaids dresses for a friend's wedding and listening to the news. I was very shocked. A few minutes later my phone rang. It was the Children's Aid Society telling me they had a baby ready for our adoption - my Jim. The Social Worker went into shock when I told her what I'd just heard. It's 45 years ago but I can remember it clear as day!

Of course some of you are too young to remember but I'm really old.

Cold at a witch's tit here today but sunny. We've escaped any major dump of snow so far but it's coming. I'm spending way too much time with the puppy, have a new camera but am still learning to use it, am working on scripts and costumes for Country Christmas and fretting about getting ready for Christmas. Same old, same old!

Figured I'd better pop in at least! I need to go back a page or two and see what I've missed.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #203  

Yep Ruth, I can remember what I was doing. I had a tennis date and was getting ready to go to that when the phone rang and a friend told me about the disaster. Funny, most people tend to remember things like that.
It's good to spend time with the doggage. It's important too, since it helps with stress and anxiety. Christmas will happen whether you are ready or not so no need to fret about that either.

Mel - sorry to hear that you are having problems with the door and heating. Have they set them to open from a distance or something. Isn't there a double set of doors??

Happy - you may speak in hushed whispers after Thanksgiving. Do not shout until well into December. I've declared December closed anyway, just jumping straight into January. About the 4th - that gets me past three anniversaries and straight into DS2's birthday, followed shortly after by our Ruth's birthday, not to mention the nephew, the IT man, his wife and children who were all born in January, and a couple of good friends. All January babies, just not born in the same year.
Poor DH - hope he is not in too much pain. But it means that you can go shopping for soup and no groceries. Just imagine a week of only soup & ice cream oh yumm. Maybe I'll try it myself.

Okay that's it. My next victim is here and ready to go. He heh if only he knew. And no Mel I haven't found (out of the 1600 or so here) a person to share lights out with. I'm fussy not frustrated. Besides the younger ladies of the night are doing a roaring trade - they leave business cards in phone boxes and on doors. How could I compete with that.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ruth
Yes, I remember also. I was in history class of all things. The secretary of the school at the time came to the door and announced that our president had been shot. We were immediately ushered to assembly to watch the breaking news. How sad. 10 years ago on this date my mom passed away.

I've got my work out for yesterday by shampooing my uncles family room carpet. It was a chore, but they deserve it and was glad to do it.

Got my hair cut today. It feels and looks so much better.

Mel
Still counting down Christmas. The day will be here before long.

Getting excited about going to Missouri Wednesday.

Waves to every one else

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-22-2008 at 10:37 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:20 AM   #205  
Choose your hard

November 22, 1963. I was sitting in my 3rd grade class. One sister (nun) walked in and whispered to the other. Both started crying really hard. We were told to get on our knees and start to pray the rosary for the president. I didn't know much about the president but I did know that kneeling on bare knees on cold, hard linoleum was quite painful. Everyone at home was very sad and I remember seeing the motorcade in Dallas on TV as well as the funeral. At the time I was rather young to understand the implications of it all. But I will never forget the moment.

Today has been an aggrivating, waste of a day. My 2 year old refrigerator in the garage has died. DH told me this afternoon that the light went out in it and when I went to put something in there tonight I said it was strangely quiet. DH verified that it was dead. It isn't the power switch or the circuit breaker either. 2 years old. Dead. And did I mention the 2 year old $1,000 Maytag washing machine we had to replace last year because of a KNOWN engineering defect that made the bloody thing full of mold and mildew. Or the $900 name brand "top of the line" pillow top mattress (the only kind we could get at the time) which now has to be replaced after 3 years because the thing is too soft and too cushy and is now all saggy after relatively little use? That and 6 new crowns (teeth) between DH and I and tell me we aren't contributing to the flailing economy??????

And then there's the thing about the lights and decorations at the front entrance to our subdivision. DH decided to be a nice guy and we went and carefully priced lights and electrical at 3 different stores to make sure we were getting the best for our tiny decorating budget. Even so we exceeded budget by a bit. We got lighted garland for the stone wall, a flood light to light up the wreath on the stone wall, 2 lighted Christmas trees (a medium and small one for a side grouping) as well as an electrical outlets, cords and a timer so unlike last year, we didn't run the lights 24 hours a day for 6 weeks. 2 of the neighbors came by to drop off the wreaths. They had bows which were too big for the wreaths and they didn't like the smaller bows I had bought to trim the garland. Garland was too "thin". Well I didn't have $200 to spend for fancy pine rope garland. I decided I didn't like the 2 lighted Christmas trees as the 2 sides on the entrance are not symetrical and while the trees looked fine on one side, there wasn't enough room for them on the other side. I said I was returning the trees (oh good, I didn't want to say anything but they were soooooo white...) One woman drove by, stopped her car, told us she didn't like the bows and hoped we were going to make the decorations look "professionally done". I wanted to ask her 1) how MUCH money did you contribute to this effort and 2) funny but I don't see you out here helping us at all. DH and I spent the better part of the day trying to be good samaritans but decided as it got colder and darker that if others wanted it a certain way, then perhaps we were better off just letting the same 2 people do it themselves as they always do. So we packed up the car and went off to dinner.

Oh and first thing I did this morning was call the dentist. They told DH to come into the office and while the dentist wasn't there - the assistant made him a new temporary cap. He came home miserable - said the air they blew to dry the tooth out made it hurt alot as well as the poking and probing. I gave him one of my pain pills. An hour later as we were setting off to the store he said he needed to write a nice letter to the dentist about the girl who made his temp. Said she spent alot of time fussing with it to make sure it fit right and this new one was better than the one the dentist did and it felt better in his mouth too. I guess that was one mighty fine pain pill But it goes to show you that things happen for a reason. He will no doubt be a bit more careful with the water pik from now on

Ruth - it wouldn't be Christmas without you organizing things so take on what is reasonable and be sure to enjoy it. Give the unenjoyable things to someone else to handle I'm sure you're having fun with the pup. We are waiting on pictures from you too.

Mel are you saying there's a draft with the new doors? If they are easier for you to operate, I'm sure they are easier for some of the seniors too. You know it's cold when you can see your frosty breath. Brrrr... Want some of my hot coffee? I made DH a cup of hot cocoa when he was working outside today. I snuck a sip or two just to make sure it was the right temperature and ummmm it was good!!!!! I'll make some for you too - with or without marshmallows???

Safe travels Carla - next time bring a coat although I have to agree with you ladies, someone who swims in the frigid cold ponds up north I would think would laugh at a NY November's day. But then again, if the apartment got frigid, sometimes you just can't warm up.

Shad - a week of soup would be just what you and I would enjoy most! I was looking at a photo album that my boss put online. She is a good photographer and she has some great pictures of NZ. Even tho she has a good eye for things, the scenery is just gorgeous. What a lovely land that is.

Oh well - not sure I will get here tomorrow morning. We have a busy day ahead. Have to go exchange the Christmas trees for white lights for the bushes instead, DH needs to sink deeper screws into the anchors on the stone walls then there is Sears repair to call on the refrigerator and a yard and a house to clean up. Oh and cat food to buy. So it's early to rise and let's get busy. Might not be back until tomorrow evening so be good. And if you can't at least have fun

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-23-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #206  
Choose your hard

Ruth - I'm lovin that winterberry avatar of yours!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:28 AM   #207  

I'm back again, can you tell I am bored.

I’m sitting here wracking my poor brain about what more I can do here today. I have things I can do, but I need some guidance and permissions. I think I might leave early. No point in sitting here doing nothing. Trust the blokes to all p*ss off and leave me holding the baby.

Didn’t get up early this morning so no walk for me today. I really should have done considering what I ate last night. Why is it that if you are not cooking it for yourself you feel that you can load up the plate and just get on with all that food.

This camp (more like a downmarket resort) has some very good chefs. There is always a whole raft of choices to make. Roast dinner, fresh cooked steak and fish (to order), always some form of casserole or hotpot, vegetables of every shape and size. Last night for example, there was steamed rice, fried rice and boiled rice - either brown or white, steamed baby potatoes, roasted potatoes sprinkled with parmesan cheese and rosemary, chips, baked pumpkin, steamed carrots, chinese greens, broccoli and a ratatouille with a fair bit of chilli in it. I think mushrooms featured as well somewhere. There was a salad bar as well. Other than the roast beef, you could have curried prawns, satay chicken sticks, chicken parmigiana and some sort of pork dish. Add to that minestrone soup, bread, as much ice cream as you can roll in a cone, and desserts to die for (the brief glimpse I took had bannertorte, tiramisu, brownies, fresh fruit and a cheese platter) And they wonder why we put on weight!!!! Hellooooooooooo.

So it’s hard to keep your mind on the job (of losing weight) here. You don’t get to weigh the ingredients, you don’t get to have to clean up afterwards, you just get asked if you are not happy with the food if the plate is not loaded to the gunnels!

Okay so tomorrow is an early morning flight to Paraburdoo, a two hour drive to Mt Tom Price mine, two classes to do. Then find the place where I am to stay. Do it all over again on Tuesday and fly back on Wednesday. This should be interesting. I’ll be back Thursday to describe the travels or should that be the travails - don’t you just love English.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #208  

Me too, gorgeous colour, nice shot.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:34 AM   #209  

Hi Happy! No time to post properly right now - I'm happily back at home and enjoying my sleeping felines and all the nice bright space... All in all, I loved NYC, but would have loved it more with a brighter, warmer home-away-from-home. And maybe 3 weeks was a bit too long... Before leaving today I went to the Museum of Nat History and visited the wonderful Butterfly Conservatory. A perfect end to my trip, and I think you and your DH would have loved it.

No more for now, it's bedtime...
to all the worldly chicks, epecially Mel, the hostess with the mostest.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:36 AM   #210  
Choose your hard

Shad - remember that sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission

You are making me hungry...

Safe travels to you. Guess you are taking your lessons on the road - I hope the natives learn something and that you find your car and your hotel without incident.