Old 11-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #31  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies -

Today is a big day here in the US. It will be interesting to see the election results tonight. Hopefully my guy wins! Ultimately I hope that however it turns out, the necessary policy changes will be made to increase jobs, improve the economy, help the middle class, etc. DH voted before work, and I am voting after work. I may have to stand in line for awhile...but that's okay. At least it won't be bitter cold as it has been in previous years.

Mel - Please do take your breaks. You have an awfully long day ahead of you. I hope people are polite to you and treat you well. And please make sure you take the next couple days to rest. Hang in there! As for your question about the crystals...yes, we did find several clear quartz crystals. They varied in length between 1/2" to almost 2", some were quite slender and some were bigger around. I need to clean them up and decide what to do with them. I may try and make one or two into pendants. I love crystals, and it was so cool FINDING some in the ground. Sounds like you planned well for your food today. Good for you!

Ceejay - Glad to hear you got to speak with one of the bosses. It is a nice feeling when your boss trusts you that much.

Shad - What a lovely view! It would be hard to concentrate on learning (or teaching for that matter) with a view like that!

Annie - I hope your interviews go well. My fingers are for you, girlfriend!

Happy - Good for you for voting early and avoiding the crowds. I hope your day goes well today!

A big to anyone I missed! I'm gonna sign off for now. Here's to a wonderful day for all of us!

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 11-04-2008 at 09:33 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #32  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face

Hello to the lovely ladies of the world. Just dropped by again to say hello. I've just been visiting, you know. I hope you all have a great day. I think I may vote for the first time in my life. I felt like the bad, lazy kid that didn't study for his test on Monday and waited until late Sunday night to cram. But I tried to get a sample ballot on line, last night. I finally gave up last night, and this morning, I called the Circuit Court's office this morning and a wonderful girl named Lynnette answered EVERY one of my questions and more. She told me everything but who to vote for. So, I think I'm going to do it. My concern was that I didn't know every candidate on local thingies and their stands and I was afraid I had to choose regardless. She said that's a common misconception that people have to fill every slot. She said I can leave as many blank as I want to. She said I could even cast a blank vote on EVERY position. That doesn't make sense to me, but I will have to leave a lot of them blank. The reason I've not voted ever (in my 44 years) is because I feel strongly that stupid people shouldn't vote. By stupid, I mean ignorant of the issues, candidates and their positions. So now that I know I can vote for only what I do know about and feel strongly about, I think I'm about to do it. Woooo hoooo. I hope I've not been too political or long winded. I'm just excited, I guess.

Peace and Turtle Hugs to all who roost here. Melody? DO NOT tire yourself out today! You hear me! I WILL come up there! Kisses Ladybug. Please be careful in how you spend your energy today.

Last edited by Hotcupojava; 11-04-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #33  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ah Happy Tuesday...I already voted this morning. There was NO line. Went right in and voted. Of course, I vote in a remote area, that me be the difference.

I have not received the call about the 2nd interview yet. I am getting impatient. The other position that I have only phone interviewed with sent me an email that said they are now waiting till end of November to do in person interviews and not hiring till January 09. There is still hope on that one. I really want the position with the 2nd interview, I know if it is meant to be, God willing, it will be.

Dug a roast out of the freezer put it in the crock pot with onion, potatos, carrots. That should go around a few times for meals. Tony is coming over tonight, it has been almost a week since I have seen him as he was off to Michigan for a training class and didn't get back til Sunday night. I think I missed him. ;^)

Michelle....November has to be better than October, health wise for you. Sounds like you had a few fun packed days. Good for you.

Shad...I would rather be sitting on that beach in the picture than sitting here at my computer fretting over a job.

MEL...seriously, you work too hard.

Happy...I was sitting here at 6:32 pm last night and thougt, jeez it is awful dark out, then remember the clock set back. This will take some getting used to.

The church was a bust. I got there and it was 5 minutes before the service, and noticed there were only 3 cars in the parking lot. So I didn't even go in. I drove around feeling lost for about an hour. I don't know what is wrong with me.

I am sad today and losing faith in finding a job. I need a pep talk or two. I don't want to go down this road cause it is a long walk back. I called my brother for one of his talks but he was getting ready to go into a meeting. I just want to beat up on something. yes, oh whoa is me....

Have a great remainder of the day. Hello to all I have missed.

Love and Hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #34  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey Annie - You will find a great job soon. I know it's difficult but you've got to keep the faith. What's your area of expertise again? If it's computer or technical related, be sure and look on Dice.com. Otherwise, CareerBuilder.com is a good website. Also, Craigslist.com has some good job postings. I'm glad Tony is coming over; hopefully, he can give you a good pep talk. As for the church, do you have close friends or family that go to church near you? You can ask them for recommendations. I understand what you're saying about how dark it is....it was starting to get a bit dark here when I got off work at 4:30. And of course, part of your sadness may be from the shorter days/longer nights due to the time change. Hang in there, girlfriend.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #35  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Java Turtle - am so very proud of you for getting out and overcoming your concerns about voting

It's true - you don't have to vote for everyone and I have to admit that when we have to vote for some of the locals like judges, I'm not always up to snuff on everyone. Even if you only voted for the presidential slot this time around, your vote does count!

I wish they'd do away with this electoral vote thing. Isn't a democracy where the one with the MOST VOTES wins?????

Annie, go make yourself a nice cup of tea or a flavored coffee and have a nice sit. Make a list of all the things in life that you are grateful for at the moment. In my opinion the most difficult challenge in the job search is trying to keep yourself positively motivated. It is a game of hurry up and wait. They want you to hurry up, then you have to wait on them. As a hiring manager, this was my least favorite time of year. You get approvals to go and interview people, then the powers above yank your chain and put a hold on extending any job offers. Or you do your part and then you can't get the people for the second interview to respond to your requests for setting up the next interview. So much happens behind the scenes to muck up the process while you sit impatiently. I (having been there myself) was always sympathetic to the interviewee and would try to give them a bit of a heads up on what was happening (will start second round interviews in 3 weeks, I think we both know you're not right for this position, etc) - anything not to leave them in the dark. But sometimes even my hands were tied too. I think you are right to feel that if it's going to happen, it will happen. Companies are no longer sensitive to the job seekers unfortunately.

The important thing to do is keep yourself occupied. You know how we always look at things and think - geez if only I had a week off, I'd tackle this stuff? Now's the time to do it. And if it takes money you don't have to do it, look for creative alternatives. Maybe you can barter some services. I find that when I'm stuck in the rut of routine, that I get locked down in my thinking. When I have nothing else to lose, that's when I start opening myself up to other unconventional ideas.

Things happen for a reason, and they sure don't happen as fast as we'd like them to on our schedule. And sometimes, after waiting more than an acceptable amount of time, you have to just get a little pushy. I did that once when I interviewed in September and was still getting strung along in December. I had not put up any Christmas decorations because I was so bummed out and actually did what little shopping I had done searching the papers for coupons and bargains. DH convinced me to make one more call to the company - turns out the manager's boss was holding out for this pompous jerk (should have been an omen), meanwhile the hiring manager had REALLY wanted me but couldn't do anything and used my call as an excuse to push the issue. I got the job. I had to get pushy with the company I'm at now as the first manager diddled around for 3 months leaving me dangling as to whether I'd have to relocate or should I push harder to find non existant jobs in my home city. I would say a polite call by you within 2 weeks after they were to schedule 2nd interview rounds (I'm still interested and inquiring about the position... ) would be appropriate. I know you'd like to say "LISTEN HONEY, I got bills to pay can I light a fire under anyone's rump? But instead we have to nod politely and pretend to play the game that we all hate.

And with that, I'd better get back to work myself. Take care
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #36  
Creating a Healthier Me

JavaTurtle - Good for you for getting out and voting! It is hard to keep track of all the different candidates for local offices. Just vote for the ones you know....or vote a party line....or whatever. I have always believed that if you don't vote, you don't get the right to complain (something my Dad taught me). My Dad and I always had different political views, but we always respected each other's opinion and we could have great discussions about issues and candidates and sometimes we'd just end up agreeing to disagree. I really miss my Dad (he passed away 5 years ago last month).

Annie - I totally agree with the all the great wisdom and advice that Happy offered. She's so much more eloquent than I am! And since she's been on both sides, she's a great chick to listen to!

Love and hugs,
Old 11-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's going to be interesting to find out who our next President is going to be.
However I'm not staying up all night to watch the returns.

Today has gone by very good to say the least. L did her job well last night which made my job less stressful. It took them all day to complete the job too. They still have a mess under the areator but they will clean that up tomorrow. I've been here almost 17 years and this is the first time I've seen the inside of the thing.

More later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #38  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Worldlies! I wish I could spend more time in here in this supportive little group. Maybe I'll blast a Beacher and get fired as a MOD! (Didja read that Suzanne3FC?)

Things are getting back to normal around here. I've dealt with the lawyer, undertaker, pension and government stuff and am now tackling the remains of Harry's huge paper collection. Did he really need phone bills from 1973? There is also a huge stamp collection that needs to be evaluated and probably sold.

Right now I'm into extreme self-care and started the day off by finally getting bloodwork done. Disney and I went to the park around noon today and she ran and ran - lovely to see her go - and even lovelier to see her come and sit at my feet when I call her back! This afternoon I dealt with the lawyer and the last of the undertaker stuff. Next on the list is thank you notes.

Goals for the month?
- get back down into the low 190s - 202.2 this morning!
- eat 3 veggies and 2 fruit a day plus 2 dairy (milk or yogurt)
- cut ALL sugar to be sure my bloodwork is stable (just had a draw today!)
- work on drinking more water - even herb tea counts
- spend some time outdoors every day possible

Be nice to myself by taking time to rub a doggy tummy, to soak in the tub, to read and sip tea and to say "No" more often.

Another goal should be to post in here more often when I have time for personals. Slap me, OK?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #39  

Hello Ladies,

Annie - Don't lose your faith. You will get a job. Mitchellez (Diyana) gave you lots of good ideas. Network. when your at the grocery store, talk to people, when your at the bank, mention your looking for a job. I'm sorry that the church you were looking at didn't work out, but are there any big churches in your area. Some churches here, of course I live in a big city offer job networking meetings. Wake up each morning saying today is the day I"m gonna get that call. We believe in you.

Diyana - I'm so glad your feeling better. Oct was a bad month for both of us. But that was the past. I'm glad your able to start working out again. Your pet sitting job sounds like fun. Blackie is doing good. He's sitting right here beside me as I post.

Ruth - I'm so glad your taking care of YOU. I like your goals especially the one about rubbing a dog's tummy.

Shad - I'm so jealous. Is this where you are at right now.

Happy - I'm with you, most votes should win.

Hi Java and Ceejay

As for me, getting back in the routine of working out is hard. Yesterday I couldn't even sit down. My legs were so wobbly. But today they feel much better. I still need to get my eating back on track. That will come next.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 11-04-2008 at 09:11 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #40  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THANK GOD THIS DAY IS OVER. NOTHING LIKE TRYING TO PERFORM 2 JOBS AT ONCE...I DEMANDED HELP AND GOT IT. LONG STORY BUT I ASKED THE "CHIEF" WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT...125+ VOTES OR WRITING DOWN NAMES.
THE DAY ENDED WITH A PARTIALLY PARALYZED, IN A WHEELCHAIR, BRAND NEW TENANT WOMAN WHO JUST MOVED THIS WEEKEND FALLING OUT OF HER CHAIR AND INTO HER BATHTUB AND... I JUST HAPPENED TO BE GOING BY THE OFFICE AND HEARD HER ALARM RINGING IN THERE...IT'S NOT HOOKED UP TO THE NEW SYSTEM TILL AFTER THE 15TH. SHE WAS LUCKY. I AM TIRED AND JEN IS COMING TOMORROW TO FOOD SHOP. TALK TO YOU ALL THEN. SO THE COPS JUST LEFT AND HERE I AM. GOING TO HOP INTO BED AND SEE YOU TOMORROW OR THURS AFTER TRADER JOES. I DRANK WATER, ATE GOOD FOOD AND TOOK PRETTY GOOD CARE OF MYSELF. I COULD FEEL THE WORLDLIE'S VIBES ALL AROUND ME
HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #41  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WAITING FOR THE AMBULANCE MEN TO COME BACK. THEY NEED A SIGNATURE SAYING THEY WERE HERE. GUESS I AM "IT". MIGHT AS WELL DO PERSONALS.

HAPPY...YOU MUST BE RIGHT. CARLA MUST HAVE FLOWN IN UNDER THE RADAR!! HOW IS DH FEELING NOW? HOW DID YOUR APPT GO??? HOPE ALL IS WELL IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS.

SHAD...HAVE YOU HAD TIME OFF YET? I THINK I AM LOSING TRACK AGAIN!!! THE VIEW IS GORGEOUS AND I COULD HAVE USED IT TODAY!!

NAE~ BLESSINGS AND PEACE RIGHT BACK TO YOU. I DID TAKE CARE OF MYSELF THANKS.

CEEJAY...SOUNDS LIKE THINGS ARE LOOKING UP AT WORK!! GOOD FOR YOU!!

PATTY...DID THE LEGS GO BACK MTO NORMAL??? HOPE IT GETS EASIER TO EXERCISE!! YOU'RE ON A ROLL GIRL!

MICHELLE...HOLD THE CRYSTALS AND MEDITATE...USE THEIR ENERGY TO HEAL YOURSELF FROM THE INSIDE OUT!!

RUTH...I LOVE YOUR GOALS WOMAN. F YOU DON'T STICK TO THEM I'LL COME AFTER YOU

MARY...I WAS A GOOD LADYBUG. AFRAID YOU WOULD COME UP HERE AND GET AFTER ME!!! NEVER HAD MY BUTT KICKED BY A TURTLE AND WASN'T ABOUT TO TEMP YOU EITHER!

ANNIE....NOW THE ELECTION IS OVER YOU HAVE MY FULL ATTENTION...I WILL SEND ALL GOOD EMPLOYMENT THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS OUT YOUR WAT TOOT SWEET.

OOPS....THERE THEY COME UPSTAIRS. SO I WELL END HERE AND HOPE I REMEMBERED EVERYONE. LOVE TO THE REST. SWEET DREAMS AND GOOD MORNING MISS SUNSHINE!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #42  
Choose your hard

Mel sweetie, it's almost 10:30 your time. Why are you still up??? GO TO BED WOMAN. I certainly hope you're not dealing with more crisis at the building. Pleasant dreams ...
Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 AM   #43  
Choose your hard

and now, I'm going to bed too.

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-05-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #44  

Hi Happy - I see your egg is lit! Went to the opera tonight - first time and I loved it, especially the $20 rush seats - and now we're watching election stuff. New York seems ecstatic about the results! Me too...
Goodnight. I'm here and will post eventually. Just too darned busy!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:48 AM   #45  
Choose your hard

Hi Carla - I was watching TV and tonight was one of those great days to be in NY. Guess you could feel the energy! Glad you enjoyed the opera and got a chance to get in some culture - another great thing about NY.

Now let's BOTH of us hit the sack