Old 11-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #136  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

EVERYONE HAS FINALL GONE AND THE OFFICES ARE ALL LOCKED UP. MUCH TOO WEARY TO DO PERSONALS. THE MEETING NEXT WEEK IS CANCELLED SO ARE THE ACCT FOR THE WEEKEND. I AM ONE HAPPY WOMAN AND NEED A REST UP. I DON'T GO TO THESE PARTIES...JUST SET THEM UP. SO I SHOULD HAVE A RESTFUL WEEKEND. JEN AND I HAD TIME FOR AN ANTIPASTO LUNCHEON WITH THE OFFICE. IT WAS NICE TO HAVE SOME QUIET TIME. I EVEN GOT THE FOOD SHOPPING DONE AND GROCERIES PUT AWAY. NOW FOR SOME REST.
SENDING HUGS TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE. HOPE CEEJAY FEELS BETTER. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:08 AM   #137  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WELL THE SENIOR ACCT MIGHT NOT BE COMING BUT I JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE JUNIOR ACCT AND HE IS ON HIS WAY HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #138  

Hello from New York City! I know, I've been here almost two weeks. What can I say... It's been a terrific visit so far. While my friend was here we touristed (new verb) far and wide, visiting some of the smaller museums and even going to the opera! And, of course, walking walking walking . The little apartment is in a very nice part of town, close to a subway stop and the crosstown bus, and also close to just about everything one could need or want. The flat is a bit dingy and extremely dark, with a mattres that could moonlight as a bouncy castle... But I have internet, cable, and built-in exercise walking up and down the three flights of stairs. So despite the delis on every corner, I may well have lost a pound or two! Next week I'll be venturing over to the wilds of New Jersey. Mel, you've been forewarned

Michelle, so sorry to hear about your DH's job going under! It sounds like he's on the road to something else already.

Annie, your Tony sounds like a keeper. Good for you! And I'm thinking good thoughts for your upcoming job interviews. All the uncertainty can't be easy.

Happy, enjoy that concert! Just think, if you had decided to hop up to NY during my visit, you might never have gotten those tickets! All's well that ends well, right?

Ruth, your puppy looks adorable. It will keep both you and Disney pretty busy, which is a good thing since you seem to have nothing else to do.

Shad, too bad about DB2 going off the rails, and bravo for getting home for a "rest" and a visit with Sunday and the boys. At least this contract doesn't seem to be the huge headache the last one was, so you won't mind so much going back.

Ceejay, whyever did you cancel your trip to Dallas? Enjoy your time with your uncles if you decide to eat with them this weekend.

Yikes - my laptop battery's almost dead, so I'd better go charge it up. Take care all, and to those I've missed.

And by the way, where the heck is Rennie??? When last heard from, she had pneumonia, and I'm rather worried about her. Does anyone know what's what??
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #139  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Yesterday was warm and rainy and last night the winds kicked up and we got another draft from Canada (thanks kids). It's C-O-L-D out there. Windy too. Goodbye colored trees, leaves are at least 6 inches deep out there. I'm going to have to go upstairs and find a coat to wear. I have several that I can barely button and since we don't need them much down here, I refuse to buy a bigger coat. Actually with me being mostly in the car I hardly even wear one, even in the winter down here (ok you northerners, don't be tossing tomatoes at me - ) I have always hated wearing a bulky coat driving and often just freeze for a few minutes while the car warms up and toss my coat into the back seat in case I get stranded. I slept in today and I guess it was that kind of day because so did DH who normally is up early every day. The cat was curled up next to him and Mr. Feral is loving his "new" blanket we put in his bed. It's a bit more cushy than the other one and he just looks like a happy kitten all curled up in there. Most mornings we wake up and he's snoozing away. Yesterday afternoon DH opened the door to go to the dentist and startled Mr. Feral who I guess came by for a very unusual middle of the day nap. I've checked on him several times this morning and it's apparent that all he wants to do is stay warm and cuddled up and sleep but it's rather noisy out there with the wind, falling and blowing leaves and those darn gumballs falling out of the trees and klunking everywhere like golfballs. So he dozes but keeps getting woken up.

I want to make a banana bread this morning but because he's sleeping right outside the door, I can't get into the refrigerator in the garage to get the buttermilk. But that also reminds me I wanted to put a loaf of bread on to bake. I have all I stuff I need here. Will smell so heavenly on a cold, chilly day. And I think I'll make a pot of vegetable soup to go with it.

Hello to Carla in NY Glad to hear that you are having a good time. I was thinking the same thing about missing the concert but I think I was actually planning on coming out there next weekend. Sounds like a dark, tiny apartment would give me the heebie jeebies even if it is in a great location, convienient to everything. I was talking to one of the ladies in my diabetes classes last week. She is from NYC and we were both bemoaning the fact that we miss living in a "walk about" town. I suppose if I lived downtown in the city here, I might walk more but with the crime here, I doubt it. But when I was working in downtown Chicago, I walked a mile and a half each way from the train station to the office and then at lunch would go walking around each day to shop or pick up lunch or go out for a smoke. Here we just get in the car and go everywhere. Stef was saying the same thing about missing walking around. So enjoy the city Carla and your visit with Mel. Give her a gentle hug from me!

Ruth - the new puppy is a cutie, hope it bonds well with Disney. Keep your cold weather to yourself up there you Canadians are a much heartier lot ! I love the sound of the name Bolanka - I'd call her something like Ivanka Bolanka I also like Razamatazz too and would not shorten it. Of course this comes from a person who named her first cat Kitty.

Mel - I'm kind of glad everyone cancelled. Sounds like you were needing a quiet weekend and maybe the universe conspired to give you one Go have some peacefulness and make something yummy this weekend.

Michelle - the concert is Sunday night. I have take Monday off too because we won't be getting home until very late. Double bonus I know what you mean about sometimes just wanting to hang around the house instead of going out but I hope that you had a good time with your friends. Usually once you get there you forget about being tired and then at the end of the evening, you're glad you went. Have a good weekend!

Ceejay - hope you feel better. I know when my Mom would have those attacks, it would just wipe her out. Rest up and don't travel if you aren't feeling up to it.

Patty - did you stretch out those leg kinks?

Shad no doubt is busy banging, sanding, sweeping, painting or hanging something

Well if I'm going to get that bread and soup on, I might as well get moving. Have a good Saturday!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #140  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Actually I am not!!!! busy banging, sanding, sweeping, painting or hanging something I mean.
I did some gardening yesterday and then felt all sleepy so went for a siesta only to find that the entire world either rang me, texted me, emailed me or knocked on the bloody door, so I whinged and *****ed about that and watched some tv and read a book instead.

Last night I went round to DS2's he/she friends place and watched an Andre Rieu concert that he had booked on pay tv. It was good and I did enjoy it. We had a few laughs, talked about nail polish for a while - he knows more about it than me - and I came home to find DS2 stretched out on the couch watching tv through the back of his eyelids. Definitely a mixed up world.

When I finish here, I'm off to the garden again. I need to go and get some fertiliser and water crystals before I mulch it with sugar cane mulch and then I can get on with something else. It will be too hot to work outside shortly.

Ruth - I have heard some weird Aussie sayings but never Tazzie. And certainly not the area you to which you so gentilly referrred. No idea what it might mean unless it is short for Tasmanians - who are commonly supposed to be inbred and have two heads. Never noticed it myself, but there you go. Some of my friends are Taswegian. They are quite nice people.

Mel - you sure do get a lot of accountants there. Is someone cooking the books? DB2 is in for some tough love when he gets back. I do hope it is not tomorrow night. He needs to tough it out over there. My sister tells me he is very quiet, very depressed, doesn't want to do anything, not thinking straight. We have transferred the money. It is there, not much left after the overdraft and fees were paid off. I doubt that this has taught him much though, never has previously.

Michelle - hope you enjoyed the friends. Often the places we don't want to be are the most fun times of all.

Ceejay - hang in there. Are you due for holidays or something. Sounds like you need one.

Happy - enjoy that concert. There should be enough people out there to give off a fair amount of heat. Sorry to hear that Ruth and the others are pushing their cold air down to you. Not too neighbourly of them is it?

And with that I might need to get on with the garden. The sun is shining and it will get hot very soon even it it is only 7.00am out here. I'll be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #141  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Saturday Girlies....

Just a quick post as I am getting ready to go to a surprise 40th BD party for a GF. DD got a gift certificate for Von Maur from boyfriend, so we went to Circle City Mall downtown. Bad mistake, 9 million high school kids there for some band competition. Yikes!! These teenagers these days are RUDE!! and look strange.

Hope all that are feeling icky are feeling better by now.

Humana interview is the 20th. Community has not set it up yet. SLOW..I know patience....learned the HR business end from you wonderful worldlies.

Have a marvelous evening.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #142  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! Glad Shad straightened me out on the Aussie slang. Actually my sister who is the MIL of our family's token Aussie clued me in but she actually had it wrong. Interesting meaning - now I need to rush off and look up a map of Tasmania!

MEL, I can't imagine anything worse than spending a Saturday with accountants!

Yes, Annie, HS kids are definitely rude! Must be the raging hormones. An interview on the 20th isn't that far off - I'll start sending good vibes tonight.

Hey! Quit blaming us Canuks for the cold weather. It's November for heavens sake!

to all I've missed. I really DO read everything.

Day 1 with the pup went very well although my Pinesol and mop got a bit of a workout. I guess when you live in a kennel for the 4½ months of your life, a house is a big change. The name is now officially Jazz and my damned camera is still not working. He's extremely cuddly and worships Disney who is being a tad aloof although she does wag her tail at him. We'll see how tonight goes - he's used to sleeping with his brother in a crate and it'll feel pretty empty, I imagine.

Time for the 6 PM news where they'll tell me how much more money just drained away from my retirement fund! The Doggage may need to get a paper route.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

After I went back and read some of the post, I saw that I was vague about
why I canceled my trip to Texas. This was the bosses doing not mine. I told my sister that he has the heart of steel. I was very upset and disappointed.

I really had a good time today with the uncles. My aunts were in a good mood and talkative. I laughed till I couldn't laugh any more.

When I came home today the yard and driveway were covered in pine needles. Guess I just thought I was through with yard work. At least it not 6inches worth.

Ruth
The puppy sounds adorable.

Carla
Glad you are having a good time in NY.

Happy
I'm not ready for this Candian blast of cold air either. Brrr

Mel
Enjoy the quiet while you can.

Annie, Shad, Michelle, Madcat and Patty Hello
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #144  

Default Painty Returns from the distant landscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay52
PainterWoman
Some of us worldly chicks are wondering where you are. Come back and chat with us.
ceejay52
Thanks for thinking of me!
I was updating my email address book (because my computer totally crashed a week ago) and was thinking about you and the other Worldly Women too.

I'm afraid to think about how many months it has been since I posted here.
Here's the basic update (and since I KNOW I won't go back and re-read all the old thread, feel free to PM me and catch me up on YOUR lives).
  • Very depressed all winter. Fat, flabby and achey.
  • Went to Journaling Conference in Denver. OUT OF BREATH all the time.
  • Continuing with therapy (again) decided to examine root of emotional eating and impact of morbid obesity.
  • Investigated lap band surgery.
  • Joined Gym
  • Stood on my head (metaphorically!!) for months trying to get insurance approval for lap band surgery.
  • HAD lap band surgery Sept. 31
  • Have lost considerably # of #'s, gained flexibility, bright outlook, and a little energy.
  • Have taken painting lessons since January. Oil paint. Make big mess and have lots of fun. You can see details here.
    DH and I are heading for Boston next week for vacation, touristy fun and to have Thanksgiving with my children.
    May you have more to be grateful for than you can count!
    I look forward to getting to know anybody new, and reconnecting with the "old."
    Painter Woman/Painty aka Dana
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #145  

Hello Ladies,

Painter - Glad to hear from you and WTG on taking charge of your life.

Ceejay - I'm sorry your boss is being an A$$. I'm sure your sister understands your situation with work. Maybe you can make it for Easter

Ruth - Good to hear from you. I"m glad Disney has taken a likeing to Jazz. I too dread watching the market section of the news.

Annie - Hope you have fun at your party tonight.

Shad - Hope you were able to get lots of garden work done.

Happy - I'm with you on the cold. It got cold here too. Oom.. I just love fresh baked banana bread.

Carla - Sounds like your having a wonderful time. Are you going to be there for the Thanksgiving parade?

Mel - Hope your having a restful weekend.

Mitchellez - Hope your enjoying your weekend to.

As for me, really didn't do much. Ran errans, and then went over to my mom's house. Visited with her for a while.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:43 PM   #146  
Choose your hard

Hey - the weather channel and the tv weather both said "A Canadian air mass is dropping down on us ushering in unseasonably cold weather over the next week..."

Friday it was 70 degrees here. Today it's 45. That's too cold for here even if it is November.

South of the border we get heat, north of the border we get the chills - what can I say - circumstantially you're convicted

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-15-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:11 AM   #147  
Choose your hard

And Painter - just read your post. How wonderful for you - glad you found some success. Have a great trip to Beantown and don't be a stranger!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

PainterWoman
So glad you got my pm. for taking charge of your life and that you are feeling better. Have fun in Boston.

Patty
It's nice to have a "do nothing" type of week end.

Happy
At least the sun is shining this morning. How was the concert?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #149  
Choose your hard

Hi Ladies,

Concert tonight. Can't wait.

Lot's to do today so no time to post.

Just a quick and enjoy your Sunday - I know I will - at least today
Old 11-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #150  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Happy - enjoy that concert! Should be good by all accounts.

Painter - so nice to see you again. Nice to hear of all the news and now you have a lapband as well. It will be interesting to hear how that goes with you.

Annie - hope the 40th went well. Some teenagers are definitely rude.

Patty - good to have you posting more regularly.

Ceejay - Thanks for clearing that up.

Not much here to report, we have had some doozy storms over the last couple of days. Looks like wet out there again today. Still this is the NORMAL weather for tropical Queensland summers. Much nicer to be here in the winter - which no doubt the Canadians would consider summer anyway.
Dug in the rose garden yesterday. Just needs mulch, fertiliser and water crystals now and it will be okay for the next month or so. The rest of the garden doesn't really bear looking at. I will need to poison some of the weeds. Unfortunately it doesn't do much for the seeds. grrrrr.
Today is haircut and tax time and tiling. Tomorrow I need a trip to the doc to get a repeat of the diuretics. That unfortunately will take up much of my time since doctors don't seem to understand the concept that their patients time is precious as well. Then Wednesday back to Dampier for another stint.
Having said that, maybe I'd better get off here and get a few things done.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote