Old 11-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #91  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Saturday...

DD, DS (BB) and I are going to my parent's house in a few. My mom is so excited to see DS as he has not been home in about 8 weeks. She is so cute, she already called me this morning at 9:30 am to see when we were coming over. I told her it would be early afternoon. Very sadly she said, "oh". Like I could get either of my kids outta bed at 9:30 am on a Saturday.

Hella Bella was so glad to she her "brudder" (DS), when he got home last night. She bellied crawled to him then jump up till he picked her up. She then wouldn't leave him alone. He would put her down and she jumped up and wanted held. I think she missed him. He held her upright like a little kids with her arms on his shoulders and she tucked her head into his neck, it was so darn sweet.

May go to the movies this afternoon with a GF to see "Changling" with Angelena Jolie,<----not a fan of hers or Brads since he ditched Jen. I just don't like anyone much that messes around on their spouse, however I do want to see that movie.

Well looks like the kiddos are ready to go.

Have a great day.

Much love and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Dogs do have a way of showing their affection. Bella must have really missed your ds.

Red
I usually stay on line just reading the post when I get bored. Did 3fc have a chat room at one time? Maybe we could suggest one.

Mel
Getting your Christmas shopping done early is a great idea.

I've been busy today doing the last of the yard work. I am hoping that the next frost will get the rest of the lawn. I mowed off the crow's feet as momma used to call it. This also got rid of a bunch of leaves that I'd ususally have to rake. I accidently ran over the cord to the lawn mower. For those that don't remember I have an electric lawn mower. I'll get a new cord next spring. It got chilly enough by 3 p.m. that I had to come inside for a sweater.

My aunt called me around 10.30 a.m. this morning to see what my plans were. I told this week end I would be staying put. She then told me that another of my uncles is having a hernia repair on Monday, and that the uncles get together would be on Saturday.

I'm in a notion to rearrange the living room but I hate taking the tv and vcr apart.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-08-2008 at 06:47 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #93  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Lovely day here again today. No wind this morning and the sea was calm and peaceful looking. Again I am at work on a Sunday but that's okay not much else to do up here.

Annie - I hope the sister is okay. Gotta feel sorry for Tony tho'. It's like sitting on a time bomb not knowing when the next disaster is going to fall. Have a nice time at the Mum's place. The dog obviously loves the DS. I know my Shad loved me, but when the DS2 was around it was like Christmas had arrived in the doggy world. He just couldn't get enough.

Red - here you jump in when you feel like it, stay quiet when you don't. We try not to get upset if someone doesn't post, however we do like to know that the person is okay. Since you've already told us that you don't have much time, and if we can see you on other threads, we won't panic if you are not here all the time. You just drop in whenever you feel like it. Java Turtle and Ruthxxx both do the same.
Crikey I haven't heard the name Lance O'Sullivan for ages. There is a blast from the past. I was in the same class as one of his family members for a year or so, some thousand light years ago.
I love it when they parade the old horses. I think the horses do too. They get a bit of a spring in their step when they trot out onto the course.

Mel - no sex, no drugs, and the only music we get here in the tin shed is #$%^& techno. I have recced out a pair of ear muffs to save my sanity. Rock and roll would be preferable. No orchids up here - only palm trees waving in the breeze.

Oooh Ceejay - that could have been dangerous for you. Better watch that one in the future.

Okay - better go off and see what else I can do to annoy the natives. For those of you who are not completely conversant with computers - go have a look at this glossary of computer terms. I'm positive you will be able to relate to some of them.

http://humour.200ok.com.au/computer_glossary.html

Cya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:30 AM   #94  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Shad -- Just in from the races. Yup, saw Lance. I don't know him though. I heard he's not truly retired but does a bit of riding in Hong Kong still. Don't know if that's true or not. He looked totally in shape though. Some pretty blond was with him, whom I assumed was his wife, but I have no idea. The other guys were a blast. Some had gained considerable weight. Still, the highest would have still been a good ways lighter than me! Oguri Cap, the old stallion was looking fine. I was raelly surprised to see him. I expected a slow-moving sway-backed old fellow but no way, he was spry, trotting around, back looked fine. He had his ...er...manlihood out in full view, guess he was looking for the mare and wondering when the heck they were going to bring her out, all these people obviously here for the covering. He must have been quite disappointed. He was even rearing up when they tried to put a blanket on him. Didn't want any of that nonsense. The crowd was amazing. He was in the preparade ring and the fans were packed around in and up in the stands, truly like a big group I day.
All in all it was a fun day, though I did NOT drink anything, as I am off booze through the end of the....year...did I say "year."

ceejay -- Yeah, 3fc used to have a chat room, but I never used it. I just meant posting and hoping that someone responds very soon. I used to use Yahoo chat rooms, but, boy, can you ever eat up time doing that!

Melody -- Sorry about the videos. Don't know what the problem was. They worked fine in the office. Oh well.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #95  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE...I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT JOLIE. THAT WHOLE MESS TURNED JEN AND I RIGHT OFF BRAD...WE USED TO CALL HIM OUR PITTY.....BUT NO MORE. HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE VISIT.

CEEJAY...I HAVE A VCR SITTING ON THE SIDE THAT NEEDS HOOKING UP...SO WHEN YOU DO YOUR LIVINGROOM JUST HOP ON OVER HERE AND INSTALL IT IF YOU DON'T MIND SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LAWNMOWER. I GET TANGLED UP IN VACUUM CORDS AND THEY ACTUALLY GET CUT.....KEEPS THE MAINT. MEN HERE BUSY!!

SHAD~YOU HAVE NO IDEA LITTLE SISTER HOW MUCH I WOULD LOVE TO BE THERE UNDER THE PALM TREES BLOWING IN THE BREEZE...I'D EVEN KEEP THE VINO CHILLED FOR YOU!! TOO BAD ABOUT THE MUSIC. NO MUSIC IS BETTER THAN THE WRONG TYPE!! NOT EVEN GOD WORKS ON SUNDAY!! DON'T THEY KNOW IT'S A DAY OF REST??? I WILL GO AND LOOK AT YOUR LINK LATER. CYA

RED...THE PROBLEM IS ON MY END WITH VIDEOS. SINCE THE "CRASH" I CAN'T WATCH THEM. GUESS I FOGOT A STEP WHEN I REINSTALLED EVERYTHING. SO NO PROB. I LAUGHED AT YOUR POST TO CEEJAY...WHEN I WAS FIRST ON THE PC I FOUND A CHAT ROOM FILLED WITH WOMEN OVER 50....NEXT THING I KNEW IT WAS 4AM!

LOVING THE SUNSHINE THIS MORNING. WE HAVEN'T SEEN A LOT OF IT FOR A WEEK. I SPENT THE NIGHT WITH MR. MYLANTA. PUT THE DVD ON FOR THE SENIORS AND LEFT. I WAS JUST TOO SICK STILL TO STAY THERE. ONE OF THE WOMEN TOLD ME TO TRY HER MYLANTA. I THINK IT'S WORKING. DON'T WANT TO GET DEHYDRATED SO I'M DRINKING A LOT. THIS ALL STARTED WITH A ROTISSERIE CHICKEN. GUESS I JUST CANNOT EAT THEM NO MATTER WHICH STORE I GET THEM FROM. IT WENT DOWN THE GARBAGE CHUTE YESTERDAY
GOING TO GET SOME OATMEAL AND HOPE IT STAYS INSIDE. GEE.....MAYBE I WILL HAVE A LOSS THIS WEEK

HAPPY SUNDAY/ MONDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #96  

Good Morning everyone, Well, I have a long trip home today. I am just going to have to go slow over the mountain passes. It is slippery up on the roads. Things went alright here in BOise. So trying to witness your kids no matter what age facing difficulties, even when the choices have been of their own making and bad decisions. The day is behind us now and he just has to live with the rulings of the courts and face the challenge. He seems more than willing and in a good attitude to face his challenge.
The only shopping I got done was my tv digital converter and new antenna for the big change. The boys helped me with that purchase. Friday was a beautiful weather day so Jesse and I took a big walk through the campus and around Zoo Boise. Along the boise river. This is such a nice city. Big football game on saturday and that is just amazing how many people get into it. I also got to go to a Steelhead hockey game so that was fun.
TOby and I will be heading out sometime this morning. Hope everyone has a good day and makes their goals.
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #97  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Sunday,

Hope everyone is doing ok. It's rather chilly here, don't want to go outside. I've become a weather weenie since we moved down here.

Went and got my hair done yesterday. It's an auburn redish. Nothing flashy, just gives me some color. Does present a dilema tho. I can't go in the pool at the gym unless I want this quickly faded out or heaven forbid, turning a shade of green. So I will have to rethink the gym routine. Might be getting too chilly to go swimming anyway. Perhaps a good workout and a pop in the hot tub afterwards to soothe the aches.

Not much else going on. Sorry not to do personals but I'm not in a chatty mood at the moment. Have a good one and I'm going to go tackle a clutter pile.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #98  

Hello ladies,

Just a quick hello, spent weekend retiling parts of bathtube. A few tiles just fell off the other night, my sister's boyfriend came over friday night to show me what needed to be done. (No mold and want to keep it that way) He ended up doing it, but I helped and ran errans. This project was very small yet cost me around $ 80 in supplies. I was glad he did it otherwise it probably would of cost me lots more.

Ceejay - We need to meet for coffee or lunch, or something. I live in Rowlett, which is 20 miles east of dallas. How long are you in town?

be back later..

Last edited by 1day@atime; 11-09-2008 at 04:07 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #99  
Happy September

NAE...SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS TO THE BOYS. HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT. WE'RE GETTING THE SENIORS READY FOR THE FEBRUARY CHANGE AS WELL....THEY ALL SENT AWAY FOR THEIR DISCOUT COUPONS.

HAPPY...HOPE THE DAY WAS A GOOD ONE AND YOU FELT MORE CHATTY WITH THE NEW HAIR COLOR AND DO.

PATTY...NICE WORK SAVING BUCKS!! TILE MEN GET A LOT OF MONEY!!! GOOD FOR YOU.

I AM PASSING THRU. STILL FEELING SICK BUT NOT AS MUCH AS YESTERDAY. NOT SURE IF IT'S WISE TO GO TO THE MALL TOMORROW. MY FRIEND HAS OFFERED TO PICK UP WHAT I NEED WHEN THEY HAVE THE POST THANKSGIVING SALE. SHE LOVES TO SHOP!! ESPECIALLY WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S CREDIT CARDS!!
I TOOK THE SHOWER AND I AM OFF TO BED. GOING TO WATCH TV IN THE PRONE POSITION.
SO IN CASE I GO, HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!
Old 11-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Patty
I'm actually going to be in Carrollton, Tx. I've heard of Rowlett. I'm not sure of what the circumstances will be because her children will be there also. I'll keep you informed. It would be nice to meet another chick. I've met PainterWoman.

Nae
Do be careful driving today. Glad you have Toby with you. for some company.

Mel
There are certain foods that I'm having to give up also due to the digestive system. I'm finding that age does take it's toll. I'd' be happy to hook up your vcr. That reminds me I was suppose to hook up my uncle's vcr. Maybe there son did.

I've gotten quite a bit of things done on my to do list, but I need another 4 day week end. I've got some things ready to take to the thrift store on Friday. I'm not a yard sale person. I'll call my neighbor first to see if there is anything that she might like to have.

I've talked myself out of rearranging the living room. I'm trying get my recliner out of the entry way. That'll be for another day.

Happy
I've been inside for most of the day also. I got chilled yesterday and haven't gotten warm yet. Have you thought about a swimming cap?

Shad
I usually like working on Sunday's because there are no bosses and very seldom the phone rings. Every once in a while a power outage to deal with but overall a pretty easy day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #101  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Sunday Evening.

Everything peaceful tonight. All company is gone. Had BD dinner for DD. Had about 10 people here. All are gone and it is QUIET now. Bella is resting nicely on the beach towell on the couch. She acts as if she did all the work today. Got up at 6 am, baked two apple pies...I hate peeling apples. Makes my fingers hurt. Made enough fried chicken for an army. Sent leftovers home with 5 people.

DS left about 7 pm to go back to his Dad's house. Of course, once he pulled out of the driveway, DD and I bawled like a couple of babies. Do you ever get over kids not living with you. I just love him so much and miss him like the dickens. My Tony came over and met some more of my people. Hope he comes back. haha. We are all a bunch of smart *sses. He seemed to enjoy everyone tho.

Gonna finish folding the clothes in the dryer and go plop my bod on the bed. I am exhausted from this day of cooking. Fried chicken, mashed potatos, corn, salad, and homemade apple pie.

Have sweet dreams.

Love and hugs,

Annie
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #102  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Phew, that was a training session to remember or forget depending on your state of mind.

Annie - sounds like you had a wonderful time with the family. Lucky you having them close enough to actually get around the table. I have my brothers here, but unless I organise them into everything at least three months prior, they are never going to turn up on the same day at the same time. Tony is probably wondering how he survived without a family like yours.

Ceejay, why is it that every time we re arrange the furniture, something ends up in the road. Is it that there is only one way we can arrange furniture in one room??

Patty - Nice to think of some of the chicks getting together. Glad you've embraced the realms of home renovation. It's always fun.

Mel - feel better soon.

Happy - if you are not chatty, I hope it is because you just don't feel like it and not that you don't feel well.

Nae - hope the boys have come through their problems and have learned from
them.

Red - some of those old horses look so good for their age. Amazing and beautiful animals. Some are such stars and they know it too. They survey their subjects like the Kings and Queens that they are.

Last night we finished early and went to see if we could find some sights to photograph. So I have a few more photos which I will upload to Webshots shortly and you can be where I am. The sea here is an amazing colour.

Better go. I have to track down the boss to get my timesheet signed.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #103  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Cheech. This site (as well as my internet connection) is awfully slow. I can't get pages to move and sometimes get page not found. My internet is getting slower each week too. I should sue them for false advertising for (not so) high speed internet!

Shad, I have a lovely picture of a turquoise blue here just from your comment about the sea. Can't wait to see the new pictures. All we get to look at is dead leaves and if you look closely, you can see the mold spots - no wonder we are all sneezing! Sorry you had the class to remember (not) - I suppose some go that way, especially when you are trying to cram in a lot of new concepts. Hope the next one is better.

Annie - sounds like you have a nice weekend with the family. You can all be wizenheimers, but as long as you all get along - that's what matters. Hope your phone rings off the hook this week

Ceejay - I've used a swim cap before but even then, some water seems to leak in and my hair gets wet - perhaps I have an odd shaped head but thanks for the suggestion. I know what you mean about the furniture rearranging - always seems to be one piece in the way...

Mel - hope you are feeling better today that would be great if your friend could shop for you! Especially if she picks out good stuff at bargain prices! I used to like to shop, liking it less now. Particularly not fond of holiday shopping - it's getting more stressful. Take it easy and get yourself feeling fiesty again.

Patty, you are probably right on the tile job. People would charge more just because it's a small job and they figure it's not worth their time. At least you got it sealed up which is what's important. My mom has a plastic like tile in her kitchen. A few pieces have fallen off along the years but considering it's plastic AND the house is over 60 years old, I'm kind of amazed that it's held up this long. And the house was put up fast and slipshod with low quality materials so it's not like it's the good stuff to have held up so long.

Rose - hope you had a safe journey home - wishing you the best for your boys. Sometimes it's hard to just watch and let them learn for themselves.

Hey Red, nice to see you again. Good luck giving up the sauce, depending on the company you keep, it might be hard - I know it was a big social outlet for us when I was working in the financial industry.

Did you have a nice weekend Michelle?

Finding your groove Stella... um I mean Ruth

Time for this chick to get rolling. Have a good one.

Howdies to Carla, Madcat and I know I'm forgetting someone

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-10-2008 at 09:08 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #104  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I had a very nice and productive weekend. Friday night, I had a meeting with the pet sitting company's owner and the Business Manager to discuss ways to increase the business and profitability. I appreciate that they see the potential in me to help market the company and expand its service area. I am joining the owner, business manager and marketing director at a Networking Event on Thursday, mostly to learn how we present the company...since I will be doing most of the in-person marketing in the north suburbs of Milwaukee. I'm really enjoying my involvement with this company. I'll also start working on their website within the next week or so, which I'm very excited about. On Saturday and Sunday, I did a lot of cleaning, and got most of it done. The remainder I can do during the week after work, and then do the floors on Saturday or Sunday.

So it's back to work today...and lots to do. I've signed up for lots of training over the next few weeks, so I've got to work extra hard and fast to get things done and still have time to attend training.

Annie - $1.82 for gas is a real bargain! I wish it were that cheap here. So sorry to hear of Tony's sister. I hope she is out of the hospital and gets some help soon. for her and for Tony as this is rough for the family to go through as well. Sounds like everyone was glad to see your BB. How nice that you all went to your parents' house. Sounds like a great BD dinner for your DD. How nice that Tony got to meet your family. I'm sure he'll come back, silly!

Red - Glad you had a great day at the races! I just love seeing horses....such gorgeous, majestic creatures!

Mel - I hope you're feeling better than you did yesterday.

Ceejay - Good for you for doing the last of the yard work. Glad you didn't get hurt mowing the electrical cord. DH got about half of the gutters cleaned out before he had to come in because his fingers were blue (even wearing two pair of gloves!). We'll bring down the rest of the leaves this week and then he'll mulch the leaves with the mower on the weekend before putting the mower away for the winter. Best wishes for your uncle's hernia repair.

Shad - I would love to be so close to the sea. Even when I lived in California, we were still nearly an hour's drive from the ocean. I hope your training sessions and work week are better. I'm looking forward to seeing the new photos.

Nae - I hope you had a safe trip home. Glad to hear your DS has a good attitude about his challenge ahead. Sending : to you and your boys.

Happy - I'll bet your hair looks great! Rethinking your gym routine is a good idea...not just because of the hair color, but to shake your muscles up a bit. Always good to keep your muscles guessing and to try different things.

Patty - How nice of your sister's BF to take care of the tiling work.

Well, this chick better fly! I've got lots to get done today!

Here's to a great day and wonderful week for all of us!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #105  
Happy September

Gingery Poached Chicken Breasts with Green Beans and Potatoes

1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
2 bunches scallions, trimmed
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
1/2 cup rice vinegar
4 cloves garlic
1 pound small new potatoes
4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
1 pound green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Thinly slice 2 inches of the ginger and add it to a large pot with 6 cups water, 1 bunch of the scallions, 1/2 cup of the soy sauce, 1/4 cup of the vinegar, the garlic, and potatoes. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked, about 8 minutes. Remove the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Add the chicken to the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes; drain. Thinly slice the remaining scallions and finely chop the remaining ginger. Place them in a bowl with the remaining soy sauce and vinegar. Whisk in the honey, sesame oil, cayenne, and olive oil. Add the green beans and potatoes and toss. Divide among individual plates and serve with the chicken.

Yield: Makes 4 servings

NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 460(33% from fat); FAT 17g ; CHOLESTEROL 99mg; CARBOHYDRATE 31g; SODIUM 205mg; PROTEIN 43g; FIBER 6g; SUGAR 8g