Old 11-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #256  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

The stars must be on the menu today, as I was amazed at the beautiful sky when I went for my walk this morning. There in all their glory, I was able to pick out the Southern Cross, the Australe Triangle, Canis major and of course through it all the Milky way. They seemed so close I could almost reach out and touch them. Beautiful morning, nice walk. Must do it again.
Warm and balmy again this morning. It will be a nice day, but I should go fill up the water bottle again. I'm not sure what I am supposed to be doing at the moment but everything I have started has turned into a micromanaged traffic jam. I keep pushing stuff one way (up the line) and it never seems to come back. Today I will sort out my next trip home. It will be the last before Christmas and as yet I don't know whether they want me to come back after the said holiday or not. The boss tells me he will talk after I get back from this leave. So I am sitting here trying to work out what to do with myself.
Oh yes, while I remember, I was flicking through a website called NZedge.com yesterday and it has all sorts of articles on New Zealanders abroad. And I laughed out loud. This is for Annie:
Unconventional movement
New Zealander Grant Harrison, 44, Hutt Valley High School old boy and owner of American health benefits company Humana, one of the largest in the United States, is the man behind bike-share programme Freewheelin which has seen Democrat and Republican delegates getting about Denver and Minneapolis on bicycles during the latest conventions. The New York Times lists Freewheelin as one of the ten things to do in Denver on a 36-hour visit. "You'll be hearing a lot about this convention's efforts to be environmentally sustainable, so do your part to offset all that hot air and borrow one," the Times recommends. Harrison was in Denver for the August convention where he heard former president Bill Clinton, vice-presidential nominee Joseph Biden and Obama speak. "It's pretty exciting," he said. "It's about changing things for the future and really impacting how people live their lives. It really is a social movement." Freewheelin is currently in discussions to expand the program to other cities, and plans to leave behind about 70 bicycles in both Denver and Minneapolis-St Paul for public use after the conventions.
(10 August 2008)

So there you go Annie - you will be working for a New Zealander.

Okay - better go sort out something to do. I'll be back shortly for some personals. Time for a coffee I think.

If you want some sunshine, I think I can manage to bottle some and send it along. Plenty of it here. Can't see a cloud in the sky and the sky is deep blue and the earth is orange.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #257  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WELL MISS SHAD...IT SEEMS LIKE THEY JUST CANNOT KEEP UP WITH YOU AND MAYBE THEY ARE ALREADY IN THE "HOLIDAY MODE" LIKE SOME PEOPLE I KNOW HERE!!!!
PEEPS HERE THING THANKSGIVING STARTS THE HOLIDAYS AND KEEPS RIGHT ON GOING THRU TO
JANUARY 1ST! YOUR BALMY BREEZES AND STARLIT SKIES SOUNDED WONDERFUL. MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL HAVE GOTTEN TOGETHER AT YOUR "PLACE" AND CELEBRATED!! HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING TO KEEP YOU OCCUPIED WHILE THEY PLAY CATCHUP WITH ALL YOUR SENT UP WORK!

GOOD MORNING MY WELL FED FRIENDS. LAST NIGHT I WENT AROUND THE BLDG WITH EXTRA DINNERS THAT THE DINER HAD DROPPED OFF. PEOPLE WERE SO HAPPY TO GET AN EXTRA ONE TO EAT OVER THE WEEKEND. SEEMS THE TOWN ORDERED A FEW TOO MANY. LOTS OF SMILING FACES BUT I AM GLAD THE DAY IS OVER. HOPE TODAY IS QUIETER. YESTERDAY SEEMED FILLED WITH LOST PURSES, SMOKE ALARMS AND SOME GENERAL CONFUSION. FUNNY BUT WHEN THE OFFICE IS CLOSED IT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO DEAL WITH
I AM THINKING I'L GET A FEW MORE DECORATIONS OUT. WHEN I WOKE AND CAME IN HERE THE LITTLE TREE LOOKED SO LOVELY IT MOTIVATED ME TO DECORATE SOME MORE. I AM OFF TO BREAKFAST AND GET MY BUTT GOING. MAYBE TODAY I CAN SPEND TIME WITH JUST ME!!!!!
HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-28-2008 at 08:26 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning chicks,
Yesterday was a good day with family. I've really enjoyed it. However to much food as always and no exercise, unless you call the game Scrabble.

We are going to Branson today to see the Andy Williams.

Have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #259  

Thank you for all the well wishes. Had a wonderful birthday. My sister-in-law and niece came over (drove in from Austin), and we had girls nite, (we sent my brother over to Mom's). They took me out to dinner, came home and made some food items for Thanksgiving dinner, which was over at Mom's house.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #260  

Hello Laides,

Annie - OH, such good news on your new job. I know a heavy burden was lifted from you.

Michelle - Keeping DH in my prayers. I hope the allergy doctor can give you some answers. Are you having to do that allergy test?

Ceejay - have fun in Branson.

Melody - Sounds like your in the holiday mood. Hope you get your decorating done.

Shad - your morning walks sound so peaceful and beautiful.

Happy - I guess your cat was having her thanksgiving dinner too. My dog chases squirrels, and i'm glad he never caught one.

Yesterday dinner was just wonderful. The food was great, always to much, but it was good to have the family together. We ate early and pretty much visited most of evening. Slept in, read the paper and just took it easy today. I didn't hit the malls, to many people.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 11-28-2008 at 11:26 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:58 AM   #261  

Afternoon all,
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and didn't overeat or if you did you went for a very long walk to get rid of some of it.

Interesting happenings here. I have a feeling that it will be black Monday on Plant. I was going out to lunch today and a man got out of a car and introduced himself. Loud American accent, tough bloke. He just flew in from Perth today and the States yesterday and he is here to make some tough decisions. We might not have a job come Monday. Aaah well. I have a feeling that this time we will also loose some middle management.

Okay - gotta go. I can hear the American arriving. Some thanksgiving for those down under hey?
Old 11-29-2008, 07:51 AM   #262  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ GLAD THE FINGERS GOT EXERCISED WITH SCRABBLE HOW IS ANDY WILLIAMS DOING??? I ALWAYS LOVED HIS SHOW AND ESPECIALLY HIS CHRISTMAS SPECIALS!!

PATTY~ YOUR BIRTHDAY SOUNDED WONDERFUL. GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME!

SHAD~ WOW I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS NEWS. MAYBE THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE INFO GETTING CLOGGED? THIS YEAR SEEMS TO BE ENDING ON A SAD NOTE EVERYWHERE.

SEEMS A BIT CHILLIER THIS MORNING. I AM GOING TO JUST COZY UP BY THE TV TODAY AND PRAY THE DOORBELL DOESN'T RING. IT'S BEEN A LITTLE BUSY BUT NOT BAD.I ALREADY HAVE 6 MORE MOVIES TAPED FOR THE AMERICAN CROWD AND ANOTHER ONE ARRIVED VIA NETFLIX FOR THE SPANISH CROWD. THEY SHOULD ALL BE HAPPY THIS MONTH. ON WEDNESDAY WE MAKE OUR BAGGIES WREATH AND THEY'RE PRETTY EXCITED ABOUT THAT. SO FAR 21 HAVE SIGNED UP. AND THURSDAY IS TRADER JOE'S. HOPE I CAN MAKE IT THERE THIS TIME. NOW I AM OFF TO BREAKFAST
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY
Old 11-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #263  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick post again! You Worldlies should kick me out!

The Country Christmas Pageant is tonight and I'm dealing with the usual f***-ups! Right now Doug and two army guys are fixing spotlights at the Church since we seem to have lost our outside power. Slight tension at rehearsal last night until the choir Director learned to stick to her treble clef! (I didn't injure her permanently!)

A bit of fun around here today as I have my grand dog Bailey visiting for the weekend (without the Hyper Pypers) and the three mutts are into play fighting. Bailey is 60 pounds and playing with Jazz who is about5 pounds. Disney who is 20 pounds is the referee who dashes in every so often to break things up. I'd love to watch them all day but need to figure out some sort of costume for myself tonight. (I'd thought of Salome but the seven veils might be a bit chilly tonight.)

Gotta get off my butt and outta here but felt I had to pop in. I am so far behind but do know about Annie's job and Shad's shaky ground and that all the Americans survived Turkey Day.

Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #264  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hey chicklets!! Ruth, seems like I’m the one who should be turfed for not posting and for barely even lurking. Not sure how that happened, but it looks as if I have some catching up to do, so I best get on with it. I wander off and the news is mostly good. Maybe I should wander off more often?

Carla~ PM me. I’d love to get together. I even have some place in mind for the steak and frites. Yes, I should be behaving myself and eating salad, but this place also does kickin’ mussels and also an amazingly good deconstructed salad (with figs and prosciutto, oh my).

Ruth~ Glad to hear you kept wandering people out of the alto clef. Hope it all goes well pageant wise.

Annie~ Whoohoo and congrats on your new job! And I love the image of your family munching leftover turkey sandwiches at the movies.

Patty~ Happy B-day belatedly. Sorry I missed it. Hope it was great.

Mel~ You could never be a scrooge! Nothing wrong with saying no when you mean no. I don’t think anyone would ever hold it against you, either. Geez, that’s a couple of very slow downloads. It gets harder all the time for people on dialup as software becomes more and more bloated. Enjoy your weekend and jammies and holiday viewing. Sounds nice.

Michelle ~ continuing good vibes for your hubby. The right job will come along soon I am sure. My DH is also an IT guy and its funny how little money some companies want to pay for knowledge and expertise that takes years to acquire. But then they should try to do without an It guy and see what that costs! BTW, I think your penguins sound amusing.

Shad~ The neverending joys of contracting. I hope your company gets itself sorted in a way that manages to benefit you most. If they are going to do something it would be nice if they warned you ahead of time. Geez, man. I’ll have a talk with the Job Gods on your behalf. .

Hope all the American sisters had a nice stress-free holiday and did not over indulge. Waves to those I did not personal. I need to start getting back on track after falling off the wagon again. Sigh, you would think it would get easier as we get older and are more experienced.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #265  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey y'all,

Hello Ruth - that's for stopping in. Sounds like you are as busy as ever. Hope the play gets straightened out in time for the curtain to rise.

Too bad we can't get a pic of the wreath Mel - sounds cute. Hope you taped enough movies to keep the crowd at bay. Enjoy your flicks too!

Shad - very sorry to hear about the man in the car. That's pretty scary when layoffs are happening all the way around the world. Hope you fare ok - do you find that people are cutting back on their deployments and therefore training stints for you as well?

Glad to hear that you had a good birthday and Thanksgiving Patty.

Ceejay - how was the show? Andy Williams - boy that brings back memories. He is almost Mr. Christmas himself.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I poured over the newspaper ads - not really wanting to hit the stores with the crazies but knowing that I had to deal with the dreaded Christmas shopping at some point. I decided that I didn't need any of the bargains worth getting up at 4am for (especially since I went to bed at 2:30am) so I made a list and ventured out around noon. There were alot of people but you could see apart from some die harders at the craft store stocking up on ribbons and such, people were looking but not over buying. I actually did get just about all my shopping done. I have 2 gift cards to pick up and some candles today and that's it. I don't think I've ever been done in November before. I have enough time to get my cards out too - didn't do them last year for the first time ever. Never did get to the closets and things I wanted to do. Can't believe my vacation is almost over. This time really flew by.

And I'm not getting anything done by sitting here so... I'm off to get busy. Enjoy your Saturday.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #266  

Morning all,
I have to admit that I am not too worried about my position. I am used to being put off jobs, the time has come etc. If it happens it happens. It is far worse for those who have permanent jobs and who have been home with the family for the weekend and who are about to have their world blown apart just before Christmas. And at least I am prepared for it since I happened to be around when he showed up and he made no bones about what he was here for. I did go down to the workshop and told the guys that he was here and it might be in their best interests to appear extremely busy. Whether they took my advice or not is another story.

Ruth - congrats on not killing the choir director. A hard choice I am sure. It would be fun to Salome, but you haven't got your winter coat yet have you??
Better to be Queen Salome than Queen Salote. I will leave you all to figure that one out.

Mel - you busy little bee. All those movies for the long winter nights. Is the German lady still with you??

Madcat - how ya doin? Good to hear from you. Toronto might be a good place to stay out of if you and Carla are about to get together.

Happy - another new avatar. How can we keep up. What?! You have all the shopping done? There is still some training work around. Mostly in Sydney at the moment but it goes in cycles. I have enough spare cash to keep me going for a while so as I said, I ain't gonna worry until I have to.

And that's about it for today. Life rolls on. We are going to go for a bit of a drive up the coast tonight after work. So we may get to see some sights and wildlife etc. See you.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #267  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -I hope you're all doing well and enjoying the weekend! I've been way busy Thursday, Friday and today. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner, pet sitting was fun, I've done some shopping, we finished the outside decorations, purchased the Christmas tree, and tomorrow we will decorate it. I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, but I'll try and catch up tomorrow.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I had a good drive home and did it feel good to be in my drive way. It was a long trip. I called my aunt and uncle a couple of times to break silence. My uncle wanted me too.

Mel and Happy,
Andy Williams is still as good as he ever was. He'll be 81 on December 3. My sister got very good seats. My nephew even liked him.

Madcat
It's good to see you again. Hope that you and Carla can get together.

Ruth, Carla, Annie, Michelle, Hi

It's time to get ready for bed. Should have already been there.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:31 AM   #269  

Well, it seems I'm in the minority about penguin decorations, so have decided to not only drop my mocking comments but embrace the penguin platform with an open heart. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? They're cute little devils anyway!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #270  
Happy September

RUTH~ IF WE TOSS YOU OUT THEN YOU MIGHT JUST MOVE THE WORLDLIES TO A PLACE THAT WE'D NEVER FIND IT!! I SEE YOU ARE KNEE DEEP IN CHRISTMAS PREPS AND HOPE THERE WILL BE SOME ENJOYMENT IN THERE SOMEWHERE. SALOME? THAT MOVIE WAS JUST ON TV!!!

MADCAT!! HOW THE H.E.L.L. ARE YOU>> GOOD TO SEE YOUR FACE HERE THIS MORNING! YES FOR A CHANGE ALL GOOD NEWS HERE IN MY HOUSE TOO. GOOD IDEA TO GET ON TRACK BEFORE THE BIGGER HOLIDAYS ARRIVE! STAY WELL. CUTE XMAS KITTY!

HAPPY~ HAD A GOOD LAUGH AT THE AVATAR. IT SEEMED THAT MY FRIENDS DIDN'T GO OUT MUCH EITHER. THEY ALL DID THE SAME AS YOU. STRETCH THAT VACATION OUT AND MAKE THE MOST OF TODAY!

SHAD~ WATCH OUT FOR THE TEO-LEGGED WILDLIFE ON DARK RIDES!! HIOE IT WAS A GOOD TIME. I FEEL FOR THE POOR SODS THAT WILL LOSE THEIR JOBS JUST BEFORE THE HOLS TOO. VERY SAD. THE AXES ARE FLYING EVERYWHERE.

MICHELLE~ SO GLAD YOU ARE ALL HAVING A BUSY TIME OF IT. IT'S GOOD FOR THE SOUL. JUST ENJOY YOURSELF AND GOOD THINGS OF LIFE. DON'T WEAR YOURSELF OUT THOUGH!!!

CEEJAY~ HOME! I AM SO GLAD YOU GOT TO SEE ANDY WILLIAMS! FUNNY BUT WHILE YOU WERE GONE I SAW HIM ON A PBS TV PROGRAM ABOUT THE BEST OF SOMETHING OR OTHER...I FORGET THE NAME. HE WAS SO YOUNG AND HAD ON ONE OF HIS FAMOUS SWEATERS!!

CARLA~ YOU CRACK ME UP WOMAN!!
IT'S GOOD THING TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE PENGUIN BRIGADE...NOT LIKING PENGUINS IS ALMOST TANTAMOUNT TO DEVIL WORSHIPING THEY'LL ALL BE ON YOU IN A NEW YORK HEARTBEAT! LOVE THE AVATAR!

THE "CRYSTAL CHRISTMAS WREATH"

THAT'S A PIC OF THE WREATH. I AM SURE THEY CAN TIE A BUNCH OF BAGGIES AROUND A WIRE HANGAR AND ADD A BOW OR TWO. I KEPT IT AS SIMPLE AS I COULD. THEY LOVE DECORATING THEIR DOORS AND SHOWING OFF THEIR EFFORTS. BESIDES, THEY HAVE NEVER DONE STUFF LIKE THIS BEFORE AND IT SURPRISES EVEN THEMSELVES WHEN THEY ACTUALLY COMPLETE THE PROJECT. I CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT A GOOD FEELING IT GIVES THEM AND ME WHEN I WATCH THEIR PRIDE SWELL UP. MAKES EVERYONE FEEL HAPPY AND USEFUL. A REAL WIN WIN SITUATION
I HAVE ONE MORE DAY OF SOLITUDE. YESTERDAY WAS A FEW SMOKE ALARMS, ONE FALSE MEDICAL ALARM COMPLETE WITH THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BOYS IN BLUE... COPS. BUT THEY ARE BEGINNING TO LIKE THE FALSE ALARMS...BETTER THAN THE OTHER KIND THEY SAID!!!
I WOKE THIS MORNING TO A LIGHT SNOW FLURRY. IT'S GOING TO BE TOO WARM TO SHOW MUCH LONGER SO I GUESS THERE WON'T BE ANY COVERAGE BUT....IT WAS SUCH A THRILL TO ACTUALLY WITNESS THE FIRST FEW FLAKES! HOPE I STILL FEEL THAT WAY IN A FEW SHORT WEEKS
OFF TO THE KITCHEN AND THEN HAIR WASH!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY