Old 11-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #241  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

The concert was nice. They played Christmas music so it was a nice kick off to the season. Played several of my favorites from their collection. Not sure I'd go to see them again (no guitar pick, drumstick or violin bow souvenier from this one ) But it was nice to see them once in concert.

DH and I went to a local restaurant on Beale Street (blues clubs). We were the only ones in the restaurant as it was really early. We had a nice dinner of yummy BBQ ribs, with traditional sides of cole slaw (a vinagrette kind) and baked beans. I was afraid to eat the entire meal as my tummy is not being kind to me lately. But I did enjoy what I did eat. We did quite a bit of walking around the area before and after so at least we walked off a bit of dinner.

Half of my vacation is over and I didn't get much done at all. We got a call this afternoon - after all our hard work at the front entrace, there appears to be a power problem on one side of the entrance. DH went and looked at it quickly and he said their is no power at all to the main outlets. I think we are in for some pricey repairs. It looks rather goofy with one side decorated and the other side pitch dark.

Time for me to hit the sack. Glad I was able to see Annie's happy news. Sleep tight chicks - except for Shad. In her case, what's for lunch today?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:38 AM   #242  

Happy Birthday Patti, have a great year........all the best to you and family.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, enjoy the day your friends and family.
Way to go Annie..... good luck with the new job......
Hope this finds everyone well and ready to take a break. I know I am very ready. One more day of work and then Toby and I will leave early in the morning for the Flathead. Our weather here has still been so beautiful for fall but I am anxious for some snow to arrive.
Thinking of all of you around the world and sending warm wishes.
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:16 AM   #243  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Birthday to Patty!!

And :congrats: to Annie. It's weird....but I just kept thinking all day yesterday that you would be offered the Humana job! I was so sure of it!! I'm SOOOOO happy for you!!!!

Last edited by diyana; 11-26-2008 at 08:17 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #244  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONE MORE TIME PATTI!

JEN CAME LAST NIGHT AND BROUGHT MY GROCERIES AND RICHIE'S DD WITH HER SO I DIDN'T GO OUT THIS MORNING AFTER ALL. JUST AS WELL CAUSE THE BURSITIS IN THE HIP IS ACTING UP STILL.
WE ALL HAD A NICE VISIT AND THEY WILL BE BACK TONITE WHICH WILL BE OUR THANKSGIVING. THEN THEY ARE OFF TO THE BROTHER'S HOUSE FOR DINNER AND A SLEEPOVER. THE DD IS HERE TILL THE 2ND.
NOT MUCH NEW HERE. JUST KEEPING A LOW PROFILE AND STAYING OUT OF THE OFFICE. I WAS ASKED TO DO A THANKSGIVING PHOTO SHOOT IN THE RAIN AND SAID "SORRY, NOT UP TO IT, FIND SOMEONE ELSE".
THAT IS 3...NO 4 TIMES I HAVE SAID NO IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS. I THINK I AM BECOMING A SCROOGE....MUST HAVE MY PHD IN BAH HUMBUG 101 BY NOW
AOL SAID IT HAD FILES THAT WERE CORRUPT AND COULD NOT BE FIXED. SO I DID AS ASKED AND DOWNLOADED 9.1 BUT COULD YOU BELIEVE IT TOOK OVER 4 HOURS ON DIAL-UP? THEN MCAFEE NEEDED TO DOWNLOAD AND SCAN. ESTIMATED TIME WAS 3 HRS AND 57 MINUTES. THAT WAS AT 10:30 SO I SAID GOODNIGHT TO THE PC AND LET IT DO IT'S THING. I NOW HAVE EVERYTHING UP AND RUNNING THIS MORNING. ALL IS WELL IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD NOW.
HAVE A HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY

WOW!! ANNIE!! CONGRATULATIONS. I AM SO GLAD THE GODS WERE WATCHING OUT FOR YOU!! AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT...NOW FOR MICHELLE'S HUBBY!! GOOD LUCK AND SAFE TRAVELS. ENJOY THE NEW START!! STAY CALM

MICHELLE....HOPE THE HUBBY FINDS SOMETHING SOON ALSO. FINGERS CROSSED. LOVE THE NEW AVATAR!! AND ENJOY THE VISIT WITH MIL.

HAPPY...I AM GLAD THEY HAD YULE TUNES AT THE CONCERT!!! YAY!! DINNER AND THE STROLL SOUNDED VERY NICE. HOPE YOU AREN'T GETTING SICK FOR THE HOLIDAY SO YOU CAN NKEEP ENJOYING THE MINI VACATION. TOO BAD ABOUT THE LIGHTS. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON???

CEEJAY...HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE FAMILY!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE EXERCISE CHALLENGE!!

SHAD....MT TOM PRICE IS RATHER COLORFUL AND SOUNDS LIKE MY KIND OF XMASSY PLACE!!! I DO BELIEVE I SAW PICTURES OF IT WHEN I GOOD=GLED DAMPIER LONG AGO. HOW GOES THE TRAVELING?

NAE~ A HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AS WELL. SAFE TRAVELS TO YOU AND WEE TOBY. HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH THE FAMILY!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #245  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hello again chicks -

Happy - glad you had a nice dinner and that you and DH enjoyed the concert. And you have done A LOT on your vacation....heck you decorated your neighborhood!! Sorry to hear about the power problem though.

Nae - Wishing you safe travels and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Mel - Good for you for staying out of the office and for saying NO again! You're not a scrooge...you're taking care of you! which is the most important thing you can do!

DH has an interview this morning. I'm here at work for until noon and then off to the allergy doctor. Also, I'll be doing some pet sitting and website work this long weekend. And getting our Xmas tree and decorating it. And doing the outdoor decorations (putting up all those penguins) and some of the indoor decorations! It will be a busy and fun 4 days! I'll check in as much as I can.

Wishing you all a very safe and fun Thanksgiving weekend.

It would be fun if we could all celebrate together....but we'll be together in spirit!

Love and hugs to all my wonderful worldy friends,
Old 11-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #246  
Choose your hard

Patty - enjoy your day.

Good morning ladies,

Guess those of us in the states are getting ready for Thanksgiving. To the rest of you it's just... Wednesday

I plan on staying home today and tackling lots. All I need is a bit of cheddar cheese for a casserole and I can send DH out for that at the small market down the street. (Will be MUCH cheaper if he goes)

Michelle- sounds like you put up a real tree. I love the smell of them. With us going away for Christmas it doesn't make sense to put up a real one. And I can't imagine staying here for Christmas. That would break my heart for sure although I keep thinking that one year we or rather you will get wallopped with snow making the drive an impossibility. But this won't be that year, right? So Michelle, you busy bee, I'm sure you'll get everything done on the list. Best wishes going out to DH on the interview I can focus all my magic dust on him alone now that Annie is taken care of

Nice of Jen to shop for you Mel. Love your whoo hoo there lady Yikes on the download. My cable internet is getting slower each week but I can't imagine being on dial up any more. You are a patient soul Are you and Jen going to pool resources and make just one dinner for all of you to share?

Shad - I find there's something especially pretty about red soil. As long as it's not all over your shoes. Enjoy the sights.

Rose - glad SOMEONE is looking forward to snow. I could take it for 1 day. Of course I did love it late at night when it's snowing and so quiet that you can hear the snow fall. Hope you get your wish.

Well I think I'll go make up my Thanksgiving menu. It's supposed to rain tomorrow evening and I hope it stays away until then as I am planning on grilling the turkey. Which reminds me, I think I also need a turkey pan - I use the disposable aluminum ones since the grill gets so hot it warps other pans. Darn - that means I have to go to the grocery store with the other maniacs. I don't dare send DH for that - he will for sure get the wrong thing.

I hate going out of the house - it ruins my momentum. Foo. Oh well dummy me for not remembering when I went earlier. So I'd better get going.

Have a good Wednesday chicks, whatever you are up to.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #247  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - Yup, we put up a real tree. DH and I love the smell of them. That's good that you'll be coming up north for Christmas. As for DH's interview....it wasn't meant to be. It was for a small 3 person office who really don't need an IT person at all, much less someone of DH's skills. And they were only going to pay around $6/hour....which is way lower than DH could go. Plus, the company is Downtown Milwaukee...so $6/hour would barely pay for the gas and parking. Nope, this one isn't for him...but he's got lots of other opportunities going...he'll get a great offer next week (keep your magic dust for him next week).
Old 11-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #248  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thank you all for the Congrats....I spent the day with Tony. We went to breakfast, then to a couple of the winery's around Indy, just to check them out. No Drinking tho. We had such a great time.

Thanksgiving is at my bro's house, then we are all cutting out that evening to go to the movies to see Four Christmas' with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon. We traditionally go to the moving after the great Thanksgiving feast. That is the only time we do not buy popcorn, cause we are all stuffed. Take a turkey sandwich if you think you might get hungry...haha.

Lots of Love, and many hugs, a VERY thankful girl here, thank you all for keeping me sane during my job hunting.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Day to those that don't celebrate it!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #249  

WOW!!!!!!

For once, a day with good news posts!

Annie, what a nice thing to read that you had got the job! It made me feel extra good about my day. Of course, we all knew you couldn't go wrong with the collective power of international worldlies all thinking good thoughts.

Michelle, now that we've fixed Annie's situation, your DH will be next. I hope he's prepared for a whirlwind of great job offers and good luck! Meanwhile, enjoy thanksgiving with the MIL. (Maybe I shouldn't say so, but if you wanted to set up all your penguins near me, I might have to kill you... Please tell me they don't have flashing lights and play loud music. )

Shad, you never did tell us about your sleeping quarters with the drivers... is there something exciting you're not telling us about one or more of the blokes you were bunking with? Celibate, sex-deprived minds want to know.

Mel, about the bursitis, I have one word: take drugs!!! As for saying no, I'm just glad you didn't say no when I invited myself to visit you! I'll never be able to watch Biggest Loser again without thinking Mel-thoughts! I hope you have a lovely, quiet Thanksgiving tomorrow. Don't eat tooooo much, enjoy the rehabbed AOL, keep warm. And do give my love to the grandson - he was a little stand-offish with me, but I described him to the cats and they'd really, really like to meet him.

Patty, I hope it has been a very, very happy birthday! Do you get two big dinners - one today with cake, one tomorrow with cranberries and stuffing???

Happy, if your community is still wondering what to do about the lights have them call me and I'll tell them where they can plug them in. heh heh heh. Or we can sic Michelle and her penguin colony on them... I'm surprised you're planning to grill the turkey. Being as how you're in the south now, I would expect you to deep fry it! Now, before everyone attacks me for being anti-south or for promoting the consumption of fried foods, I've eaten deep-fried turkey. It was absolutely delicious, very moist, and not greasy at all. So there. Just don't set fire to the entire neighbourhood.

Madcat, I need to PM you, but a heads-up - I'll be down your way next week, and hope we can get together for a nice steak frites. (Or, if you're behaving these days, a nice dry salad. )

Ceejay, travel safely and enjoy your thanksgiving! Thanks for trying to PM Rennie - I hope she just got tired of us and is all is well with her.

Rennie, if you're reading this, at least post a quick 'I'm fine/not fine' - we worry about you.

Greetings to Ruth, Rose, Painter, and whoever I've forgotten.

It's been pretty busy since my return - got called in to work each of the last three days, which will make a tiny dent in the enormous NYC bill... And that's that for now. G'night all!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #250  
Happy September

CARLA...THE GRANDSON IS STANDOFFISH TO EVERYONE!!
HE'LL SIT ON MY DESK HERE AND WATCH ME TYPE OR PLAY GAMES BUT GOD FORBID I TOUCH HIM! I WON'T BE ABLE TO WATCH THE BL EITHER...NOW I HAVE NO ONE TO MAKE FOOKING COMMENTS TO!!!
STAY WARM UP THERE IN THE FROZEN NORTH

MICHELLE~ TELL DH TO HANG IN THERE AND THE RIGHT JOB WILL COME HIS WAY! SENDING OUT ALL MY GOOD "GET A GOOD JOB" THOUGHTS HIS WAY SO SIT TIGHT!! <---FOR BOTH OF YOU! JEN AND I LOVE PENGUINS AND IT'S OK IF THEY LIGHT UP, BLINK AND PLAY MUSIC!! WE'LL TAKE THEM!!

ANNIE...A BIG DINNER AND A MOVIE. TAKE A SAMMIE FOR ME AND PUT CRANBERRY SAUCE AND STUFFING IN IT TOO!!

HAPPY~ TOO BAD I DIDN'T POST EARLIER...I HAVE 2 PANS HERE YOU COULD HAVE USED HOPE YOU GOT THRU THE MANIACAL CROWDS AND GOT THE PAN AND CHEESE. WHAT TIME IS DINNER? SHOULD I LEAVE NOW BEFORE THE RAINS COME?

THE HOUSE IS ONCE AGAIN QUIET. THE KIDS, BOTH BIG AND SMALL, ARE GONE AND THE GS IS TUCKED IN FOR NITEY NIGHTS. HE IS ABOUT WORN OUT FROM SO MANY PEOPLE TALKING AT ONCE BUT LOVED THE DINNER. WE HAD PORK AND CHICKEN AND THE TRIMMINGS. I CANNOT BREATHE!! I WAS FINE TILL I ATE A PIECE OF PUMPKIN PIE!! I FEEL SORRY FOR THE KIDS. THEY HAVE TO DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN TOMORROW. RICHIE TOOK MY NEIGHBOR'S MYLANTA WITH HIM....POOR SOD.
I AM READY FOR ALL THE CHRISTMAS MOVIES AND IN MY JAMMIES TOO. I WASTED NO TIME GETTING INTO THE SHOWER. THIS GAL IS NOT GOING TO MISS A MOMENT OF HER 4 DAY WEEKEND!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY WORLDY SISTERS. IT'S BEEN A GOOD YEAR SPENDING THE TIME WITH YOU. SHARING THE UPS AND DOWNS. HAVING SOMEONE TO LISTEN TO ALL THE BIOTCHING. WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW WHETHER YOU ARE CELEBRATING IT OR NOT!! LOVE AND HUGS TO EVERY ONE OF YOU
Old 11-26-2008, 11:59 PM   #251  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

oh I feel all thanked and hugged. Thanks Mel

Don't know what to write today. Think I might just come back tomorrow and sort myself out. It's hot out there, drink more water - maybe that is what is wrong with me.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:53 AM   #252  
Choose your hard

Shad - we'll take some of that warm weather if you have any to spare
Old 11-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #253  
Happy September

SHAD, I THINK YOU JUST NEED ONE MORE SPECIAL HUG!
WE WILL ALL BE THINKING OF YOU OUT THERE SIPPING SOME WATER ( or maybe something a wee bit stronger with a tiny umbrella in it ) WITH THE SUN SHINING

HELLO MISS HAPPY
Old 11-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
What a cute hug.

Shad
I'm with Happy if you have any warm weather to spare send it our way.

Happy
I thought about you last night. My sister and bil was going to choir practice and I saw thes two stars very close together. At first I thought of Pleidese, miss spelled of course but on the new they said it was Venus and Jupiter. They will be even closer tonight. Monday night there will be a sliver of moon near them.

I had a good drive yesterday. There was hardly any traffic. There are two spots in Springfield that I detest and that is the ramp to 65 north and then to I 44. I thought I'd taken the wrong route as the sign used to say I 44/Joplin. They've straightened the loop and it was very easy. Again I thought I was lost but saw another sign that verified I was on the right track.
Oh and on the way up here I saw 2 full grown bob cats on the side of the road. A little further down the road ther were signs stating bob cats in the
area.

My sister is up cooking so I suppose I need to go help.

Everyone have a good Thanksgiving day.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-27-2008 at 08:58 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #255  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

to you all, even if it's not your time to celebrate it.

I am thankful for the friendship I have found in this crew of ours

I am thankful I am done with the dentist for a while

And I am REALLY thankful that Hershey's chocolate kisses in Mint Truffle are back on the shelves for the holidays (think the taste of mint Girl Scout cookies that you first grew to love in a dark chocolate taste) and CHOCOLATE COOL WHIP is also out for the holidays

I find that my taste preferences have gone from sweet to savory and crunchy but there are a few treats like those above that I look forward to. Some fresh berries with a dollop of chocolate Cool Whip is so decadent and is only 1 or 2 WW points - so a legal desert. And the Hershey's kisses are small, I can have 3 to melt in my mouth and savor slowly for 1 point. And dark chocolate is good for you in moderation.

Our cat is outside eating a chipmunk. I saw her and started making all the appropriate yuk and get away from that sounds. She is a ditz and stubborn as oh hey but she is a expert hunter even without front claws. DH was yelling at me to stop yelling at her because "she's just doing what cats do".

Mel - thanks for the hug - that is SO cute!

Shad - hope you are feeling a bit more like yourself today.

Ceejay - you are correct with the stars. For those of us in the northern hemisphere - if you look at the southwestern skies at twightlight or early evening you will see 2 stars that look like they are 2 finger widths apart but in a straight line. The higher one in the sky is Saturn and the lower, brighter one is Jupiter. I haven't looked myself in the last few days but somewhere in that arrangement you will see "a diamond in the sky" a bright, bluish star which is Venus - the brightest object in the sky outside of the sun and moon. The three planets are meeting together and will be the closest to the moon on Monday. They won't be that close together until 2052 so don't miss your chance

No deep fried turkey for me Carla - I was thrilled to see that Red Lobster restaurants have wood grilled fish on the menu now. Practically everything down here is battered and deep fried. No thanks. I like fresh.

Speaking of which - DH is looking for his turkey dinner so I'd better get to prepping.

Happy Holidays all!