Old 09-18-2008, 06:53 AM   #106  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Cool Not wasting away again in Plateauville

209.2. Sticking with the whole shtick, journalling, staying CORE, exercising, etc. Well, this isn't unusual for me. I just have to continue, stick with it and eventually the weight will come off. For tomorrow at WW would be nice. (Are you listening, scale?)

Iwmonn, I watched half of the first TBL of the season yesterday. First time I'd really seen it. Hype and overdramatization on TV really bugs me (Hello Oprah?) but once I got past that I could see how people get hooked on the show. I felt a lot of compassion for the people and that helps me feel a bit more that way about myself, always a good thing.

Primm

Auntie g, funny -- I had a dream about a friend of mine dressing in big, frumpy clothes and someone mistaking them for me. (pic reminded me). I don't actually dress frumpily but I do go for coverage more than I would if I were slender.

Satine, congrats on the nice recognition from the dentist! I've had a few people lately commenting on my weight loss over the summer. Nice to have that when I'm not hearing much from the scale.

Well, here we go... another day "on task." Trying not to think about it as efforts that aren't being rewarded but more along the lines of "this is how I live" and it will take me where I want to go and let me stay there.

Let's hit it!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:07 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Mornin' all! This is proving to be a very challenging PMS week. I haven't strayed far, but I am giving in to salt cravings and feeling soooo bloated. Ugh! Ah well, it will pass...

Still haven't gotten to the 2nd hour of TBL, hopefully tonight.

Arabella, good luck at tomorrow's weigh-in!

Have a great day everyone!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #108  
It is what it is...

Default Afternoon All

Having a bad day today...having one of those days where no matter what I eat I still feel hungry and unsatisfied...hoping I can get through the day without going crazy...I did end up losing the pound I gained over the weekend even lost another according to the scale so I am happy about that I just wish I felt better...almost like I am fighting a hunger headache as well...I did only have sushi for lunch and that is not much protein so maybe I am just needing to eat something again...already up to 750 calories though
oh well

Arabella - Stay Strong - here's to hoping the WW meeting and weigh in go great!!!

Auntie G - I feel like I am having your PMS hunger when I am not even pms'ing, what is up with that? ha ha

wish me luck Girls - it is going to be a long hard day

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Can I join? My ticker is the correct weight and following WW program.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #110  

Carri, I certainly feel your pain! I haven't noticed having that problem at any time besides PMS, of course that is half of every month... I hope you got past it!

Hi Mez, welcome aboard the Onederland Express! It's a bumpy ride, but we're heading in the right direction!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:12 AM   #111  

Cool WI Friday

208.6. Down .2 from last week. Is there no one who will rid me of this

The only thing I can think to do differently is to squeeze in more exercise. I'm seriously following CORE, journaling, getting the water, getting 10k+ steps a day, etc., etc.

Auntie g, it IS a bumpy ride, isn't it -- dang it all! I guess as long as we stay on the tracks and keep moving we'll get there.

Mezmerize, welcome aboard!

Carri, I'm beyond PMS myself but I swear I still get it! I do find that if I make sure to get enough protein and watch the carbs I'm less hungry. If I eat wheat one day I can be sure I'm going to be hungry all the next day. Bah. Sometimes this whole thing just seems difficult.

Nevertheless, this is as low as I've gotten since I had a brief drop down to 207 in July. So, I'll forge onward and eventually I'll get below it. Holy smokes, though, I've never had it this difficult. Party tonight, so I'm making my plan of attack right now. I refuse to lose ground that I've fought so hard for!

Happy Friday, All!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #112  
It is what it is...

Default Morning All

Well I went back through my food journal this morning for yesterday and did realize my hunger problem for the day...I wasnt that hungry yesterday morning so I just had an english muffin...so I didnt have any protein, just all carbs...and I normally have some good protein in the morning to get me through, so I think that just spiraled everything into my hunger mess...but I did get through it and managed to stay in my calorie range so it was okay, I just didnt feel well though ...today should be better I got my protein in this morning

Mezmerize - Welcome and Good Luck!!!

Arabella - I know it can be hard when you are sticking to the plan and still not losing that much, but it was a loss !! And I know you will break through this and get below 200 in no time

Auntie G - How ya doing today?

Hope you all have a great weekend...make it an OP one !!!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #113  

Hello everyone thanks for the welcome.

Auntie g – PMS has been at my doorstep also. So far I been holding it at bay. A few mood swings did manage to sneak by but no food.

Satine – Do you have low protein snacks around? At times a piece of string cheese along with some water will help curb until its time for my normal meal. I also purchased Fiber One single serving powered drink that I mix in my water bottle it sure seems to hit the spot.

Arabella – I’m happy to hear your planning for the party. It can really help ones mindset when there.

Today I went rummaging today. I picked up Crunch Fat Burning Dance Party. I’ve never done a Crunch Workout DVD before. It states it for all sizes so we will see. It does sound fun. My Weigh in day is Wed. This is the second week start of my MIA from health and here. So I’m hoping that I can finally make it passed the 200 mark. It will be a huge success if I do. I’ve come so close only to see it slip by.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #114  

Ah, only half a pound down this week, but I guess I'm happy with that. Could have been worse, for sure! But the ever elusive Onederland continues to keep it's distance...

Arabella, yes, we must just stay on the tracks! We'll get there eventually! How'd you do at the party?

Carri, good job investigating your hunger, and making it through a rough day! The journal is the key to success! I finally finished watching TBL. I love the when they show the eliminated team's progress at the end. And I can't even fathom some of those high losses in one week. Even with all that exercise, it just is crazy to think about!

Mez, do you have any methods for taming PMS? Good luck with the workout DVD!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #115  

Smile Good news and bad news

The good news being that, much to my surprise and delight, I weighed in down 1.4 from last week at WW. AND... that meant a total of 40 pounds off there (nearly 50 total, but 40 at WW, albeit over more than 2 years.)

Bad news being that I sort-of jettisoned my plan at the party and post-party. I quite likely didn't go over points but didn't journal or keep track. Back to scrupulousity (what, that's not a word? ) today.

Carri, I'm exactly the same -- more carb, less protein and I feel tired and hungry. I need to feed me properly to feel well! Journaling really helps, doesn't it. It's something I tend to resist strenuously but it makes such a huge difference to my success. And I've read so many things suggesting that it is one of the top things you can do to ensure weight loss. Good for us!

Auntie g, I'm not thrilled at my lack of perfection at the party but it was a far cry from times of the past when I might have eaten handfuls of chips, dip, bread, cake -- whatever was going. So, feeling like even when I stray from plan, I'm not straying far. Might have a blow-out at some point but... not now.

Mez, you inspired me! As soon as I read about those DVDs I ordered them. I LOVE to dance -- and between you and me, as a child of the sixties, I could sure use some new moves Thanks for mentioning. I'll be looking forward to comparing notes.

Yea, though it be Saturday I must yet do some stuff. I haven't gotten much accomplished yet today but for exercise, breakfast and getting cleaned up. Mayhap I'll take my mummy out to the library and come back and do some gardening. I've upped my step goal to 12,500 a day so there'll be more of that, too.

All! Let's make this a good one.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #116  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies.....I have a long way to go to One-derland, but I am on the express and stokin' the fire as hard as I can.

My goal is to reach 210 before the end of the year. Which is a HUGE goal for me because I will be laid up for awhile in October for knee surgery. I am hoping to be down to 240 by my surgery on Oct 16th. I am working out at least once a day, twice if the gym is open when I get off work. I work until 7:30pm and I live in a small town. The gym only stays open till 8pm, but I can usually get in 15 mins on the eliptical, which is better than plopping on the couch and eating bon bons....lol.

This is such a great site and has really kept my motivation up the last few weeks.
luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #117  

Auntie g – I sure wish I was smart enough to come up with a cure for PMS. I could use the money. : ) Congrats on the 1 lbs. loss

Arabella – Congrats on the 40 total lbs loss! Journaling is such a hard thing for me to do. I do best when I do it. I just don’t know why I drag my feet with this! I have yet to watch the dance workout dvd. To many people around. I am going to give it a try on Tuesday. How long before you receive it? It would be fun to compare notes.

Luvin2lose – Welcome! Love the attitude! I look forward to cheering you on. I also love this site. I tell everyone that is considering losing weight to look at this site.

As for me well my eating has been on plan. Well kind of I’ve not eating all my points. I’m finding it hard since sometimes it’s later at night and I don’t want to over do it then go to bed. The food choices have been healthy for the most. I have taken to buying Weight Watchers, Healthy Choice, and Lean Cuisines frozen meal. Sometimes I just don’t have time to cook. My family will pickup fast food and I grab one of these when we get home. It really does the trick since I’m eating something I enjoy and I don’t feel I’m missing out. Last night we had running around and I was very hungry due to the fact I didn’t eat much for lunch. (A Fiber One bar and a All Bran Tea Drink) So dinner time I was hungry. When we finished running around. I popped in a Lean Cuisines Spinach, mushroom, and chicken panini frozen sandwich. I nuked a sweet potato and had a piece of fruit with it. I was happy and full. I had a WW frozen treat later and still had 4.5 points left. It was just to late to eat anything after that.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:46 AM   #118  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi Ladies!
Just found this thread and it has me laghing, crying and nodding feverishly in agreement!

I have had a steady focus on Onderland for so long. I recently went through a period where weight was dropping quickly and it looked like I was going to cruise into onderland a light speed!

Then on Tue. of last week I hit 200.8...and the scale will not budge! I have been excersising like a fiend. refusing to open my mouth anywhere near food that was not OP...but the powers that be just don't want me to cross over! Did they close Onederland for maintenance? When is it supposed to re-open?

Do you think you girls could give me one last shove? Maybe that will do the trick!!!

Last edited by djay; 09-22-2008 at 07:47 AM.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 AM   #119  

Just another manic Monday... Hope everyone had a nice weekend! I pretty much behaved - didn't even have my splurge meal on Saturday. We had no outings, so I figured I better suck it up and try for a good week this week!

Arabella, for the official 40, but nearly 50 lbs loss! Of course we want it to happen faster, but no matter how long it takes, at least it's in the right direction! And this is LIFE, not a race! Sometimes there are parties in life, and we don't have to be perfect ALL the time! How's the "scrupulousity" going?

Luvin, welcome aboard! Good luck with your goal and your surgery! And stay far, far away from the bon bons!

Mez, congrats on staying on plan! Those frozen meals certainly can come in handy sometimes, and if you're adding a fruit and veggie, that's awesome! When I used to buy a lot of Lean Cuisines in the past, I never really added anything to round them out, and then I was left feeling hungry and deprived, so you're definitely doing the right thing there!

Djay, hi! Glad to see you here! Onederland closed for maintenance! I knew there had to be some technical difficulty! You are sooooo close! You'll be there any minute now! I'm hoping to be right behind you, so if you wouldn't mind holding the door...

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #120  

Thumbs up It's Monday -- let's GO GO GO!

Auntie g, YES! Those TBL losses were INSANE. The only way they could happen was if someone was WAY off track beforehand, which I guess these people were. And eating the kind of stuff -- hello, simple carbs, salt? -- that make people retain lots of water. Crazy, though -- I mean, you couldn't GAIN that much in a week, right?

Although, as I recall, The Carb Queen gained some incredible amount -- my recollection is something like 48 pounds in a week binging when she went off her diet. And then lost all but 15 the next week, I think, when she went back on plan. Speaking of whom, holy smokes, I just saw a video clip of her on the Today Show and it looked like she was close to 300 pounds, although they were talking as if she was at her lowest point. Oh Baby, that kind of denial is what gets us in BIG trouble.

Um, scrupulousity is going great! 14k steps last two days, perfectly OP. Huzzah!

Djay How frustrating to be so close! scale

Luvn to you, too! Sounds like you're dedicated -- those pounds will evaporate in no time.

Mez, when you finish with your PMS cure, could you come out with one for postmenopausal hormonal cr@p? Thanks!

All aboard -- this train's leaving the station!