Old 08-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #31  
It is what it is...

Well girls...no I didnt make it...I had a small peice of cake ... I did quite over snack there as well...but I usually have a "cheat" meal once a week so I just counted it as that, although i think i even went overboard for a cheat night

Today I went back on and only had about 1300 calories, which is about 300 less than what I usually have in a day so maybe that will help

Welcome Tigerchic

Anagram and Auntie G - at 208 you two are sooooooooooooo close at getting under 200 ...I am jealous of that ...keep it up!!!

Arabella - at 214 you are really close as well...good luck on the south beach...alot of the girls at work have done it and they liked it after a couple of weeks...one of my friends right now just changed to Sugar busters...very restrictive, too much for me..

Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend, talk to you soon!! Stay Strong!!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #32  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Sunday... ahhhh!

212.2. And starting South Beach tomorrow, so I know that's going to start heading to where I want it.

Speaking of the beach, that's where I'M headed in the next couple of hours. We live a half-hour away from fabulous beaches and the beach is my favorite place in the world. And this is my first time getting there (at least on a viable beach day) this year. 'Tain't right.

Anyhoo, better late than never.

Steps are already at 11171, so looking at a good count today. Friday was the first day in a long time that I didn't get in my steps (only about 3000) but I really felt fairly crummy so I'm giving me a pass.

Carri, nice comeback after the cake incident! That's the way we do it, I think. Afterall, there will be occasions in life where we indulge. It's only if we keep indulging that we get into trouble.

Tigerchic, welcome! Nice to have you aboard. Really, we're all close enough to goal that we could be there pretty quickly. Definitely by the end of the year.

Anagram, whenever I get to a lower number I count it. Of course, then I'm typically bouncing for a while. Trying to nip that tendency in the bud.

Auntie G, woohoo for you! Two fluffy ones gone where the bad fluffies go.

K, must do a little work and then get ready for the beach.

Let's make this a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #33  

tigerchic, Welcome - and I agree when I get there I want it to be on ALL scales including those at all doctors' offices.

A miracle 206.4 - I'll be in a good mood

When I lost some nice 40 plus pounds some years back (I must be at the longest plateau ever), I allowed myself one cheat meal a week too and it kept me going. I still ALLOW it but keep forgetting I've already taken it. I also at that time allowed me two small treats a day but again I no longer seem to have that limit firmly in mind. I may need to come up with something that will work somewhat better for me. At current rate..............well. I need to not only get under 200 but need to break that "just above 200" plateau. I had made it to about 199.5 then too. There is something about that "barrier".

Last edited by anagram; 08-24-2008 at 10:45 AM.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/190/140-160

Height: 5'5"

Warning: novel about me!!! I feel like I do this every so often, but I'd like some input:

OK, I'm not losing weight like I should. I'm gaining. I've gained 4 lbs that have stayed with my for 7 days. I've been working out almost every day. I've been tracking my food more than usual, and most days I eat between 1500-2200 calories a day, and in exercise I burn 400-700 (on my HRM, the machines show a 600-1100 burn). I'm 40, 5'5", and weigh about 195 .

I try to keep my HR between 120-150 for about 60-90 minutes when I workout. I want to stay fat burning. I "bonk" when my HR gets about 160, and I get that amonia smell when my HR gets above 155. Therefor it takes more time to burn though 500 calories. I also have a hard time running b/c my runing HR is around 160. So I've been using running as intensity intervals with walking on teh TM.

My other concern is that my stomach does not seem to be getting any smaller. This week, I feel like is is bigger. I did consume more wheat and dairy (crackers, cheese and milk) on teh days that I had that migraine. I have avoided alcohol for 6 weeks (I think I get beer bloat when I drink). I have been doing my usual core exercises (about 10-20 min 4 times a week), but I have missed my 30 min bi-weekly core class that I was taking (interferes with dd's swim lessons)

My calorie intake is probably on teh high side, but I do like to eat and I feel hungry often. I do try to eat fruits and vegetables 1st, but there are days that I don;t deny myself ice cream, or choc covered raisins, nuts.. and those are teh days that I go over 2000 cal. I'm not sure if you can see this, but here's my food log on TDP. I am embarassed about some of the food that I eat, but here it is:
http://www.thedailyplate.com/users/myplate/

I'm due to see my internal med Dr in a few weeks. I am hypo thyroid, and I take synthroid. my blood tests 12 and 6 months ago show that my script is correct (she actually could have lowered it, but I begged her not to)

What else could I ask her to test for? She tested me for PCOS 12 months ago.. maybe with my A1C, and she said that I am not insulin resistant. My othe rblood work, blood pressure, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, were all good #'s. Oh, I used to drink a lot.... 1-2 glasses of wine 3-5 nights a week, and a good 4-8 beer "party" or social event once every 1-3 weeks. I've cut back to drinking maybe once a month.. for calorie savings but more to keep myslef from becoming too dependent/familiar with/in a habit on alcohol. ANd I drank like that (avoiding in pregnancy) for 22 years. Could my liver be shot and my liver be making my stomach look fat???

Another thing I am considering. At my gym, for $100 each, they offer Resting metabolic rate testing and metabolic assessment profile. they hook you up to an oxygen mask on a TM, and run you through HR levels to find how many calories your body burns at rest for teh 1st. Teh 2nd tells yoru exact metabolic fitness level and optimal HR zone to acheive weight loss goals. I'm thinking about the 2nd, just to give me guidance.. but it's a lot of $$$

TFR, adn I do apperciate any advice.
tigerchic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:43 AM   #35  

Thumbs up Day at the Beach, Day 1

211.4. Which means I can officially move ticker, huzzah.

Made it to the beach yesterday. The water was cool but perfectly viable, the sun was lovely. I hope we've got lots of beach days yet!

I had a good day yesterday. Had potato salad for dinner but that's okay because today's the first day on the Beach. I dreamed that I had woken up this morning and gobbled a piece of cake first thing and then remembered I was supposed to be doing SB. Then I had the dilemma of deciding whether to start from there or let it go to heck in a handbasket. Funny -- my dreams don't usually mirror real life so closely. I was relieved to wake up and discover that I hadn't actually eaten any cake.

Anagram, congrats on the nice WI. I'll be thrilled to get there, too. Look how we're doing this -- yay us!

Gigi (love your name!), I too gained 4 (or 5) pounds recently that don't want to go away. And while I hadn't been putting in a really consistent effort on the diet front, I hadn't been 4-5 pounds inconsistent. Just seems to be the way it works. Weight comes on fast and goes more slowly.

The thing that jumps out at me is that you said you'd been eating more wheat sometimes. If I eat any amount of wheat, I can gain 4-6 pounds, literally, over night.

I recommend The Ultrametabolism Diet -- funny -- when I went to the site, a reader blurb said that she'd lost all the weight she wanted to AND her migraines stopped.

As far as the running goes, intervals are supposed to be the absolute best way to burn calories and build your speed and endurance. So just high five on that!

Anyway, my advice is to try cutting out the wheat for a few days and see what happens. The first time I did that it seemed like a miracle to me. Weight dropped off, I had energy, was in a good mood, clear-headed.

We shall persevere and we shall triumph.

Let's get out there and make this a good one!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:17 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good Monday morning! I did ok at Saturday's party, but yesterday went a bit astray. Alas, these things do happen, but today is a new day!

Carri, I had cake too. It was soooo bad, but soooo good. As long as we bounce back, right?

Arabella, oh how I wish I could get to the beach, the REAL one, that is! We're a couple hours in from the Jersey shore, and we only got there once this summer, and only for a couple hours early in the morning. I dream of chucking it all and living on an island... Good luck on the OTHER beach!

Anagram, you are closing in on Onederland! I absolutely believe in the one cheat meal per week rule. Do you keep a food log? It's hard to forget you've already had your treat if it's staring you in the face every time you fill in your log. At least that works for me. You WILL break the barrier this time!

Have a great day everyone!

auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #37  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls - I was at 225 this morning...so I am pretty excited...I just want to see the teens something bad !! and finally the single digits...it really makes me sick to my stomach that last July when my husband and I went to California for vacation I only weighed 194!!! I cannot believe I could put on some much in a year, I guess it is due to the diabetes...but I am getting there one pound at a time !!!

Auntie G - yes the cake was soooooooo good and I needed it to stay on and go forward, to much depravation makes me binge

Arabella - good luck starting SB today...hopefully it goes well, I know the first week will be hard...also I had to laugh at your dream because I have those all of the time, like I totally pig out and then I wake up so glad it didnt really happen, ha ha

Tiger Chic - I do think your calories are a bit high if you are going to 2200 sometime, I normally stay under 1600...and that seems to do the trick...dont get discouraged

Anagram - 206!!! I would be in a good mood to, GREAT JOB!!!

Well lets all have a great day !!!!!!!

Carri
Old 08-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 215/215/healthy

Height: 5'3"

I weight myself today since it my offical 1st week. I am at 213. I'm really bummed by this. I think maybe things (food) just got away from me. I had some much to do with getting last minute school stuff for my kids and work. EEEk I really must plan better. I have not time even now I only have 5 minutes to write. Then work starts!! I'm so sorry I haven't written a personal responds to all that have shared. I'm hopeing that this will calm down in once everyone is settled in school.
Cashew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #39  

My scale must be ailing - 205.8 this morning. I am in shock but I like it so much better than when it was the sudden 211 it was last week. I knew that wasn't "permanent" but I haven't been at 205 anything since I started my binge last winter. Before then I was ranging from 201 to 205 so hopefully I'm creeping closer.

No, auntieg, I'm not faithful to the food log. I do do better when I am, of course. Sometimes I think I like to "oops"
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:32 PM   #40  

Going to put in a few words before bedtime.

Anagram - I would also be in a jumping up so suddenly. That is also of water being held. Kudos for getting past the shock and not letting it set you back!

Today I don't believe my eating has been over. I didn't log it but I ended up skipping breakfast. Then lunch was light and for dinner I had chicken breast tacos. Fitness wasn't good. I choose a Challenge on my DS game for 10000 steps I'm at 67863 and I'm worn out mentally and can't get my bum to get up and do a jig for a few minutes! I don't even have the drive to give my self a kick. I will make myself get up early tomorrow and get one workout dvd finished. I know that I won't lose unles I move. My body loves my fat! I will take my 1st week 3 lbs and smile it still gone. So with that said goodnight everyone tomorrow is another day for healthy choices.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #41  

Good Morning everyone!
Today is my new day and I'm going to do things RIGHT!!!
Today I WILL log my food and get some fitness in. Do every challenge I choose with My Weight Loss coach (DS WL "Game"?)
Today is my day off so I have alot of planning ahead. Sending much will power to all.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #42  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ...today is my weigh in here at work for the biggest loser challenge, I really feel bloated so who knows if there will be much of a loss, although I was down another pound at home...the scales here read so much different than mine at home so I really go by that...

Cashew - Congrats on your new resolve...I know you will do great today!!!

I will check back in later after I have weighed and see how you all are doing.

Later,
Carri
Old 08-26-2008, 10:29 AM   #43  

Default Life's a beach

213.2 Where did that come from? Salt, maybe. Should be gone soon. I shall persevere. I've been here before, I have.

All challenges met yesterday. Had a heck of a work day and had thoughts of having a glass of wine and starting SB today instead. But, no, I did tai chi and meditated instead.

Satine, re: bloated, me too. Wish there was a smiley for that one. Or a not-smiley.

Cashew, loving the attitude!

Anagram, omygosh, I think your pounds are coming to me. Pls. send them to someone who needs them worse than I do.

Auntie G, hope you get to the beach again soon!

Let's make this one count!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #44  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

17 lbs to go! I'm boarding the train!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 220/190/140-160

Height: 5'5"

203 today. almost there