Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just popping in to say hello. I'm feeling the effects of the past two weeks.

More later.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:02 AM   #197  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY...I WAS GOING TO TATTOO SAP ON MY FOREHEAD IN CAPITAL LETTERS. GOOD THING I READ YOUR POST I AM ALL FOR CUTTING DOWN ON "REGULAR" FOODS RATHER THAN TAKING ON MORE CHEMICALS. WHAT DOES THE NUTRITION CLASSES SAY. I HAVE BEEN CURIOUS ON THEIR STAND OF "ARTIFICIAL" USES. DO TELL. THE FEET ARE FROM THE LIQUID SUGAR. WHEN I DRINK SUGAR AS OPPOSED TO EATING IT MY FEET SWELL. THEY SAY IT'S PART OF THE LOW BLOOD SUGAR AND MY HIGH TRIGLYCERIDES SHOW THAT. SO THEY TEST FOR SUGAR EVERY TIME I GO...JIC.

ANNIE...GOD HOW I HATED THOSE BIOPSIES. THE CRAMPS AND THE THOUGHT OF SOMEONE SLICING MY CERVIX WAS JUST KILLING MY MIND. EXPECIALLY WHEN I GOT A LOOK AT THE INSTRUMENT HE SAID TO ME.."SEE THAT WASN'T SO BAD WAS IT?" AND I SAID IN FRONT OF ALL HIS STUDENTS WHO WERE IN THE ROOM "DO YOU HAVE A CERVIX?" HOPE YOU BOTH FEEL BETTER

MICHELLE... BACK TO YOU! HAVE A GREAT BASEBALL OUTING DAY!

SHAD....I WILL LOOK FOR E-MAILS. IN THE MEANTIME, DO YOU WANT TO WAIT TILL YOU COME BACK? I SEE YOU ARE PRESSED FOR TIME. NOTHING IS AN EMERGENCY OVER HERE...UNLESS YOU HAVE ONE STAY WELL AND TAKE SOME TIME OUT FOR YOURSELF AS WELL WHILE GETTING READY FOR JK.

CARLA....JUST IN CASE YOU ARE LURKING HOPE YOU RESTED UP AND ARE LETTING THINGS HEAL. IT MAY NOT BE THE SAME SIZE SCAR AS THE OPERATION OF YEARS AGO BUT IT'S STILL SURGERY INSIDE!! SO DON'T GO CRAZY DOING STUFF

TO OUR CEEJAY WHO IS RUNNING BY

I AM GOING TO REST UP TODAY. HAD A BAD BOUT WITH THE LOO LAST NIGHT. SO I WILL BE AN INDOOR GAL TODAY. THE MEETING IS TOMORROW AND I REALLY DO WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS I AM OFF TO MY OATMEA, PEACHES AND EGGWHITES.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY
Old 08-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #198  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

"My pool" is being invaded by intruders I don't know if there's new folks or these people used to swim in the outdoor pool. For the last couple of weeks I've had to pool to myself. Well the shallow end that is - they moved the bulkhead (the thing that has the individual diving platforms you see the racers stand on) to separate the pool into 2 sections - 5 feet and deeper and the shallow side of 4 feet to 4 and a half feet. The deeper side is pretty much taken up by the serious lap swimmers and the swim team practice. I consider myself a recreational swimmer so I stay in the shallow end and do laps. I also stick with and stay in a designated swim lane. Monday there was a lady in the pool swimming across the pool (in the opposite direction of the swim lane) - actually she wasn't swimming, she was walking with her water noodle. I stayed in the swim lane going in what I thought was the right direction and we just gave each other the right of way. Today there was a guy swimming laps across the pool. I got in and asked him - aren't we supposed to be following the swim lanes???? He said NO, that's too short of a lap - you can have the end if you want it. Well duh and ok then, let's all go the WRONG WAY. We we joined shortly afterwards by pool noodle lady and it worked out fine. It's a longer distance across the pool than in the shortened lane so I got more of a workout anyway. Now if I could just get the darned water out of my ears - I HATE that crunching noise.

Mel - you should have told the doc after he finished with you- ok, now I'm going to give YOU a circumcision and we can compare pain notes, OK BUSTER????? Oof-duh - some doctors As for the artificial sweetners, the nutrionist didn't seem to have a take on it. It's an aid if you choose to use it, but don't over do it like drink 50 cups of coffee or 12 cans of diet soda. Some people are jumping on the bandwagon that the artificial sweetners do make you crave other sweets more. The room of people seems to be evenly divided between people like me who stick to natural as much as possible and like Shad - have a tiny portion but make sure you enjoy every lick. The other camp I think grew up and are addicted to their diet Cokes and they see nothing wrong with the sweetners. Some feel that because Splenda is made from sugar that it's natural. All I know is that my tummy feels icky after any sort of sweetner so my path is laid. That's interesting how the sugar affects you. Bah - no caffeine, no sugar - what's left?

Ceejay - sounds like you don't have a routine - once you get into a pattern something changes it and that's hard for the body to get used to.

Shad - hope you got your doc done in time. They do seem to take things down at the most inappropriate times. Sounds like you have a nice little garden going on back home. Just enough for a few fresh things to spark things up.

Michelle - ouch on the back - hope you are feeling better. Sometimes those goofy chair kinks take longer to heal than just an odd pull here or there. Take some time to stretch during the day and take a hot pack or thermo pad to work with you.

I get to join your club of painful biopsies too. Worst pain ever. Worse than breaking my leg.

Shy - the chiropractor messed me up big time and alot of it settled in the knee so I know the pain you're dealing with. Too bad you can't get in the pool to take some of the pressure off but still get your workout in. Guess you have to be patient or get in a little red wagon and push yourself with your good leg and chase those nasty squirrels

Hey Ruthie - guess if you have to be crabby better you direct it at the SBer's Hope things ease up but you know they won't.

You're welcome Annie - I just calls 'em like I sees em Hope DH is feeling a little better today. Darn female innards

How's it going Carla? Recouperating nicely hopefully????

Time for me to head out into the mist/rain. Happy hump day.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #199  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies --

Quick fly by for me as I've got 2 hours or so before my department leaves for the baseball game. Should be a great day! Hopefully, the Milwaukee Brewers will win. And either way....a day relaxing at a baseball game in the sun beats working!

Shad - I hope the refresh actually makes your systems work better and you get your doc done. I know how crazy things can get as go live time nears! Hang in there!

Mel - rest and relax today.

Ceejay - I hope you're doing okay. Hang in there.

Carla - I hope you're feeling better.

Annie - I hope your DD is feeling better and that your cramps have subsided too.

Happy - I got a great laugh at the wrong way swim lanes and the pool noodle lady. My nutritionist and trainer believe that artificial sweeteners do make you crave sweets....just as eating sugary foods would. And all soda, sweets should be in moderation whether naturally or artificially sweetened. For artificial sweeteners, I prefer Splenda, but I do consider it an artificial sweetener. Like I said, I try and limit all sweets - and enjoy them fully when I have them. I'm definitely stretching during the day, and I'll be smelling like ICY HOT liniment all day. Eau de menthol in the hot sun. Yuck. But it may be the only way I'll get through it (along with the pain meds).

Well, I'd best get to work and be productive.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 08-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #200  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO AND GREAT NEWS TODAY!!!!

DDs biopsy came back with very mild dysplasia on the outside of the cervix and NONE on the inside. Whew Who!!!! No further action at this time as it looks as tho it is healing itself. She goes back in 6 mos for a pap check.

Will try to check back in later today.

Love and Hugs
Old 08-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #201  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

and thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #202  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Announcement:

At today's Milwaukee Brewer's baseball game, a phenomonon was noticed. One circle of seats seemed be be devoid of any flies, mosquitos or flying nasties. Scientists were puzzled and unable to explain it other than to comment that they noticed a raucous cheering and the faint smell of wintergreen essence in the air ... Hope you had fun at the game Michelle Just be careful - I can't believe that those wooden baseball seats are very good on the lumbar region.

Seeing as how this is my "golden year" I think I'm going to attempt a new record for seeing the most different types of doctors in a single year. So far the list includes:
  • general practicioner
  • whatever you call the sadist who did my colonoscopy
  • gynecologist
  • emergency room doctor
  • orthopedist
  • podiatrist
  • endochronologist
  • nutritionist
  • physical therapist
  • ear, nose and throat doctor
  • radiologist
  • dentist

That's an even dozen so far... If I'm not the healthiest specimen on this planet by the time the year's out, well then it's just not RIGHT I have decided to make an appointment with the ENT doctor just to check things out. This water in the ears is making me

Mel - I had peaches with my cottage cheese this morning. Weren't they goooood?

Annie - glad to hear the DD's diagnosis was good. Ummm not to be too personal, but aren't you wasting away on us?
Old 08-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #203  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Well, today was the big day. I knew over the last couple of weeks the weight was coming on in droves. My clothes are all really tight. I went to see my knew doc today and did a new weight in. Yes, a ton of weight gain but that is ok. I know where I am. He said two more weeks of meads and then he wants me off of them to see how things are going. No problem. This too shall pass.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 08-20-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #204  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hey, quit poking me, guys. I bruise!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #205  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

It looks and smells like rain out there this morning. Well it would, wouldn't it since I blatantly went out and broke the law by watering my garden last night.

Michelle - hope the back comes right very soon. Hate sore backs - they hurt. Hope you enjoyed the game, despite Happy's pointing the finger at the one place the flies weren't! My work will do as my work will do. I always get there in the end, despite the fact that sometimes I wonder how it will happen.

Annie - good news for the dd. Long may it last.

Mel - I am working on it - might get your email today. Ever thought it might be me that needs a sanity check??

Happy - It's called walking or rather swimming to a different beat. I think I might be up with you in the number of doctors this year - being my warrant of fitness year. Boobs, pap, hearing, teeth, bones, guess they have all been poked and pulled and flattened and scraped and broken and we are not quite finished yet. May need a brain doc after the next three weeks.

Rennie - hope things start improving from now on. Maybe you should now be wishing the ninja squirrels had put the cookies on a stick and given you a run for your money.

Madcat - poke, poke. Guess we need to poke and prod occasionally to get you lot out of the woodwork. How are you?

Right I'm off again. Have to take the cat to the vet at 10 - in the meantime I need to sneak the cage into the house so she doesn't get what I am up to. Oh and yesterdays stupidity by the cat.
She came racing into the house yelling and screaming and skidding on the floor. Miaou, miaou, miaou. I'd just made myself a cup of coffee and was going out in the sun to drink it. She followed me out, still yowling. When I got out there, a pidgeon was picking in the grass. It looked at me and I looked at it. I said, don't get excited little pidgeon, she hasn't managed to catch much in 9 years, how can this be any different? Coo said the pidgeon, yaooowwl went the cat. Then she started stalking around the pidgeon all the while mewing and whinging. The pidgeon took a look and then took no notice whatsoever, yowl went the cat. She's still going in large circles around the pidgeon and hiding behind me everyso often. Then she goes out into the yard again, circling the pidgeon, never getting too close. Coo says the pidgeon. Don't worry said I when I could stop laughing. Cat went on yowling. Finally the pidgeon uttered a couple of rude words in pidgeon language and flew up into the tree and sat there squinting down at the cat - probably daring her to climb it.
I was telling DS2 the tale last night and his version of the circling and yowling was that she was saying: If you don't fly off, I'm going to have to come and get you. I'm terrorising you, I am, I am.
What a laugh. Wish I had caught it on video.

Right I'm off for brekky, a shower and work. In that order
Old 08-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #206  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Shad
I have been sticking to how I eat and how I exercise. All I can do is wait out the meads. I have done it once. I can do it again. I sure hope this inspires someone to keep with it and not let life get in the way of weight loss.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

News this morning wasn't good. B. is not going to be able to come to work this week end. That means more over time on my part.

Looked up and behold there is rain. Guess the cloud on the radar moved in a little quicker than I calculated. It's a slow steady rain.

Went to the gym last night but only did the weight machines. I walked my mile at work. I'm not liking the weight room. I was the only woman there again last night.

I've had a trainee today. He's been doing most of the leg work but I have to watch him.

Power outage--yuck. want to come and help.

Shad
To funny about the cat. Thanks for the laugh.

Happy
Wait till you get to my age. It seems as though there is a doctor for every body part. Feel better soon.

Annie
I'm also glad to hear the your dd had a good diagnosis. I hope she doesn't have to go through this again.

Madcat
You wouldn't get poked if you stuck your head in the door more often. How are you?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #208  
Smackin' into a Wall

Yes, I have been missing in action. First I went off into the bush (well ok a cabin in the woods) for a week, which was so nice. Now Iím back at work and crazy busy again. The department I am on loan to is in deep denial at my recall to my original department in a couple more weeks. They seem to think that bawling like lost cows will somehow make my boss change her mind about what she needs me to do. Hey guys, what makes you think your project is more important than the stuff my actual boss actually hired me to do (and has nicely postponed to help your sorry butts)?? People!. Other than that Iíve switched gyms just for a change of pace. Itís actually still the same gym - just another location. This one is in this trendy renovated warehouse space and it has laminate floors and shiny new equipment and is full of sunlight and great views of the downtown. Place is almost too flossy for the likes of me! Iím more used to working out in places where you donít want to spend a lot of time thinking what that stain on the carpet might be. Iím down 8 lbs at last count - though I havenít lost any more weight this month, though thatís an accomplishment in itself. Iím trying to follow the WW Core program, but itís taking a bit of mental adjustment for a carboholic such as myself.

But enough about me.

Annie - thank goodness the news on your DD was good. What a relief you must feel.

Shy ~ ninja squirrels! Too funny.

Ceejay~ Hope you at least get some time in lieu for your OT. Keep sticking it out in the weights room.

Shad~ you lawbreaker you. It always seems to rain here when I wash my car. Very funny bird and cat story. Do you think the bird was talking pigjin English? What I want to now is just what would the cat have even done if she had caught him? When do you go back again to the dread JK?

Happy~ Are you collecting medicos so you can have the whole set or trade them with your friends? At least you know this means you are being proactive in looking after your own health care. I think the colonoscopy guy is usually a endocoscopist, isnít it? Or is that the technician? I love your stories of Mr. Feral.

Annie ~ Hope the ballgame was fun.

Mel~ Wouldnít you have to tattoo ďPASĒ on your forehead so that you could read it in the mirror? Iím with you that if you are going to do the sugar thing itís probably better to eat than drink it. I feel that way about fruit juice even. Better to eat the fruit and at least get a bit of fibre along with that sugar. Oh man, I laughed at your biopsy story.

Ok, I need to finish up. Watching the drenching rain in Beijing on TV. News just came on with some horrible pictures of that plane crash in Madrid. Those poor people.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #209  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Madcat - nice to see you back.
The cat would never have managed to catch the bird. She was making enough noise to wake the dead and the bird knew exactly where she was and what she was up to. In the past 10 years, she has managed to catch exactly two birds - one dropped out of the sky for some unknown reason and the other just waddled up to her. Probably told her what to do with him.
Head back to JK on Sunday morning. Very bad news out of Madrid this morning. So sad - 153 dead.
Not watching the Olympics unless I can't avoid it. I get very tired of how Aussie won their golds - over and over and over. We never get to see anything about the sports that they didn't enter or didn't win. There appears to be only 3 teams in it - China, USA and Aus. Totally ridiculous.
Let me get down off this soapbox and go get my lunch!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:47 AM   #210  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies --

The Brewers game was wonderful! It was great leaving work at 10:30, and going to the stadium to tailgate for a couple hours before the game. It was a warm, sunny day and the Brewers won! Yay! Now, it's back to work....but I'm leaving work early to go to see the doc about my back. I might need another shot...which would be scheduled for a different time as it's a procedure that's done in the hospital.

Annie - That is wonderful news about your DD! I'm so happy and I'm sure you and she are both so relieved!

Happy - You are TOO funny. And you're right...no mosquitos or flies and there was a faint wintergreen scent in the air. Hmmmmm. I wonder where that scent came from. My back held up okay. Phew. Maybe it was the brewskis I had prior to the game. LOL The bleacher seats were very nice. Metal seats with backs. So I did okay. You definitely have me beat on the number of docs you've seen. I've only been to my general practitioner (who is an internist), orthopedist, nutritionist, diabetes educator and dentist. Peaches and cottage cheese sounds yummy. Definitely going to have that next week (once my blueberries and strawberries are gone).

Rennie - You have a wonderful attitude. Good for you. You're only on the meds for a couple more weeks and then the weight will come off.

Shad - You renegade law breaking garden waterer you! Shame on you!! (just kidding). I got a great laugh from your cat/pidgeon story! Thanks for sharing! Funny how you mostly hear about the Aussie golds on the Olympics. We mostly hear about the USA golds! If USA doesn't have a chance to medal in a particular sport, we don't usually see it....except maybe at 1 or 2 am.
Ceejay - Sorry that you have to work more hours. Do they need to hire more people? Is it just you and B.? Or will your trainee be able to take a little of the work/hours?

Madcat - Sorry to hear that work is crazy busy, but it sounds like you have the right attitude. Congratulations on losing 8 lbs! That's awesome!

Well, I need to get to work early since I'm leaving early for the back doc. I'm sure the doc won't be able to do anything today....it's more of a consult to convince the insurance company that yes, I do need another shot in my back. My last one was only six months ago, but I'm a lot more active these past six months than I used to be...which is a good thing.

Have a great day everyone!

Love and hugs,
Closed Thread