Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #211  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

It's a day when I get to get up when it's light outside although tonight I do have the exercise session from the diabetes program. I notice that DH is soaking up the zzzzz's himself. I think I told you about the gel "helmet" he ordered for his headaches. It came yesterday. I said I was going to wear it to work today and just noncholantly walk in and say nothing and get the reaction. Of course I probably would get no reaction as people are too polite to say anything DH warmed up helmet last night and put it on as he was getting ready for bed. He came to kiss me goodnight and I was laughing so hard I almost fell on the floor. I couldn't keep a pucker cuz he looked so goofy. Maybe he'll let me take a picture.

It's rainy here. Somewhat humid. Going to rain for the next 5 days or so. The mosquitos are planning their Outdoor Festival as we speak. I burned the roof of my mouth on a WW Chicken Quesadilla yesterday. Ow. Hard to get frozen quesadillas just the right temperature.

Michelle - glad you had a great time at the Brewers game. More fun since they won. Nothing like sun and beer and a bunch of happy people to say hey - this work thing ain't so bad afterall Sorry to hear the back is so hurting that you need one of those shots. But if it works, that's good.

Shad - that was a funny story about Sunday. Deep down they think they are all the fierce hunter even if the birds would kick their little cat hiney I read about the plane crash too. So very sad. You hear of so many near misses where people got out ok that you think it will happen that way always. Life is precious. I think your view on the Olympics is shared by many. I do admit to getting caught up in watching the softball game yesterday - I am amazed the way the pitchers pitch. And then I was about to go to bed when I noticed the gold medal beach volley ball game was on. Because the American team was going for an unprecidented 2nd gold, I had to watch it - actually I was following them all along. Very glad they won it - hard fought game. Very unusual to see a 6 foot 3 inch Japanese girl too. Bet she has a hard time dating. I remember one Olympics and possibly that was during the Atlanta games in 1996 when they were down the road here - that they were broadcasting on several cable channnels almost 7 by 24. It was the one time that you got to see a wide range of events and there was not a focus on the home country's games except of course for prime time viewing hours. But the point was that it was there if you wanted it. I suppose it gets expensive to have camera crews to try and cover every event and we know tv is all about ratings so they would be less likely to spend money on things with what they anticipated was low viewing.

Macat - great to see you back. on refocusing and losing 8 pounds! That's awesome. Spending time in the bush/cabin sounds wonderful. Nothing like nature to get you rested nicely. Hope they sort out the tug of war over you at work soon.

Ceejay - I hear you on the weight room. I have to admit myself I was very intimidated to go in there. I only did when I was working with the personal trainer. I guess you have to steel yourself and say - hey, I have the right to be in there too and just go do your thing. I'd rather do my weights at home but I don't have the nice mirrored walls to check form. Be brave Sorry to hear there's more overtime in your future.

Shy - you're right - there's ups and downs in life and you just have to deal with them, as disappointing as they might be. At least you got to be the Biggest Loser a few times this last run.

Good morning Annie and Mel

I need to get going here. Got to try and get a decent parking spot not too far from the door because of course I am made of sugar and will melt if I have to be out in too much of the rain Have a good one ladies...
Old 08-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #212  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SORRY GALS BUT I HAVE SOME BURNING IN THE EYES AND CANNOT READ RIGHT NOW. MUST BE ALL THE FRIGGING FRESH AIR & SUNSHINE I'VE BEEN GETTING
WILL TRY AND TACKLE THE THREAD TONITE IN THE DARK.
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY
OH...I SEE MRS MADCAT WAS HERE
AND ANNIE'S GIRL IS OK GREAT NEWS ANNIE!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #213  

Wow, so much seems to happen around here!

Mel, rest those sore eyes. I'll email you later with something to make you laugh. In large type, of course.

Annie, I agree with the general concensus: you and DD are two gorgeous peas in a pod! Such good news that the prognosis has improved after the last biopsy, she's awfully young to be dealing with so much worry. I had one of the infamous biopsies years ago - it wasn't too painful, but they touched the vagus (?) nerve and I fainted. I have a vague memory of being half-dragged, half-carried in my little gaping hospital gown across a hallway - in full view of all the ladies waiting for the same procedure. Then coming to with a terrified loooking med student rubbing my legs and wondering what to do with the corpse. By then, of course, the doctor had moved on to his next victim... What was very unpleasant was the laser treatment on the displasia. They had just started using laser for the procedure, and the doctors (all men, of course) felt it could be done with no anesthetic or freezing at all since it 'wasn't painful'.

Happy, good for you, keeping up with the exercise and other life changes! I have a feeling you'll start reaping some impressive benefits soon. I'm with the others on eating real food, except of course for my beloved diet pepsi addiction and one spoonful of splenda in my morning cappucino. If I have any other coffee I use regular sugar. The really tough thing for me is moderation - every time I buy any cookies they're gone the same day. I bought some off-brand fig newtons this week on the grounds they're full of fibery goodness, only to realize after eating them all that the number one ingredient was HFCS. So I won't do that again. Well, at least not right away.
I love the mental picture of your DH in his gel cap. What a sweetie to model it for you and give you a good laugh!

Shad, I loved the cat story. They are so silly! My big boy (who you'll remember as an Olympic-level bladder jumper) likes to stalk squirrels when he's outside on the leash. Once he almost caught one, did a terrified back flip, and came running to his mother for help. Now he just watches them, althoug he would like to get his paws on a chipmunk or two.
As for the Olympics, here we get a little more international stuff on tv, mainly because we don't have that many champions of our own. (Hmmm. Maybe next time I should enter the cat...) Anyway, they show all the big impressive guys like Phelps or Bolt. My biggest peeve with Canadian coverage is that they don't clearly distinguish between live and repeat footage, and that they don't have a line on the screen showing which event they're covering. Very confusing, as one bunch of runners looks much like all the others to the uninitiated like me. I don't usually watch that much Olympic stuff, but I've been awake a lot during the night this week, and it sure did help pass the time.
Too bad we can't send you our rain so you could avoid illegal activity!

Madcat, good to see you back. Congrats on the 8 pounds lost!!! I have big plans to get back to a gym as soon as the doc says I can exercise again. We'll see if I follow thru or wimp out as usual.
I notice there's no chipmunk/sunflower seed photo following this year's trip to the bush. Did you whack the poor little guy, or did you leave the seeds at home? Anyway, your posts always make me smile. By the way, I'll be working for a few days in TO this December - maybe we can get together for supper again, that was fun last year.

Ruth, sorry about Hershey's illness. What time will you be in town for her appointment on Tuesday? I have an appointment in the afternoon, but if you'll be around in the morning, maybe I could meet you at the clinic with some coffee and muffins or fruit and we could take the doggage for a run at the Arboretum? Just an idea, but I'd love to see you and meet the girls. By the way, I hope Disney has recovered nicely form her close encounter of the pit bull kind. Poor baby.

Michelle, do take care of the back. It's always best to take it easy while you heal, and the more you rest now the sooner you can get back in the gym.

Ceejay, you really do seem to work an awful lot! I'm hoping B will get back to work soon, or, failing that, that they hire someone else to take on his share of the work. Look after yourself!

Shy, I hope you don't let the scale get you down. With your discipline, the weight will fall back off after you get off the meds, and in any case you were due for a plateau after the steady 1lb a week every week march towards ideal weight. As soon as you can walk and run easily, we'll send some ninja turtles over your way to chase you around until you sweat every ounce off.

Once again, I'd like to thank you all for your kind support. I'm doing fine, apart from some tenderness at the navel incision. In fact, apart from the horror of being shipped out while still nauseous, I really think recovery is faster at home. If I ever have day surgery again I think I'll ask whoever's driving me home to wait at least an hour after they get the call before picking me up, which would give me the extra time I need in recovery. Devious, but effective. I'd also like to have someone else to deal with the incision care - I'm a total wuss about things like that, and had to lie down and take a gravol the first time I changed the dressings. Pathetic, I know.
This morning was quite funny - I had a shower, and was washing a little more thoroughly than I had since the surgery, and discovered bits of tape residue on my left boob. I'd like to know what the heck they were doing with my left boob, since the surgery was centre and right side - maybe they had to build a tape sling to hoist the poor old girl out of the way? The mind boggles...
My eye is still bothering me, but at least it's nothing too serious, so it can wait until I'm back to normal to be seen to again.
And, with that, I have a long to-do list, so it'll be bye until next time.

Last edited by carla49; 08-21-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #214  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Carla
I am pretty good about not letting things get me down. I walk, I talk. I wasn't suppose to be able to do those things. Life has been peaches and cream since then lol. I don't think any of us appreciate what we have. I did a nice three mile walking/aerobic video today. Knees are killing me but I sure feel better to be working out again lol.

Melody
Hope you feel better soon.

Happy
I was defiantly surprised over that lol. I did a 3 miles walking/aerobic video today. Knees are killing me but it felt good to be able to get through the thing.

di
Never know if it will come of quickly or slowly but it will come off. I think that is something all of us have to remember.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #215  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - I hope you got a decent parking spot and that your day is going well.

Carla - Great to hear from you and I'm glad you're recuperating nicely.

Mel - If you're reading this and your eyes are still burning, step away from the computer and rest your eyes, dear friend.

Rennie - for doing a 3 mile video!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #216  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi ya girls..........

Carla...you cracked me up about the hoist of Ms. Lefty for surgery. It made me think of my own 38 C LONNNNNNNNNGs. Glad you are recouping well.

Michelle....Goodluck at the back doctor. Let us know how it goes.

Ceejay....do you get paid extra of all the OT?

Happy.....If they gave out awards for the most doc visits in a year, I think you would win!! My weight has not changed since March. I am holding my own at 148-150, which is quite an accomplishment right now. If you could see my gut and butt you would think twice about me widdling away. Ha,

Rennie...you have a great attitude about your weight. You keep up the positive thoughts.

Madcat....glad to have you back....

Shad...when you go outside and it smells like money instead of rain, call me, I am coming over.

MEL...feel better.

Not much going on here. We had State Fair day in the atrium at work. Ladder Ball Toss, Duck Pond, Cornhole Toss, cotton candy, salt water taffy, popcorn, sodas, and prizes. Kind of cute.

Going to make more salsa this weekend for freezing. DS is coming home for the week tho, so not much of it will probably make it to the freezer.

Got to get busy,

Love and Hugs
Old 08-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #217  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all - quick flyby for me today. I am totally out of time and now need to clone myself to get everything done before the DS1 and partner arrive tonight. Mel - email coming your way but there won't be a phone call today. I don't know that it would work while I was cleaning the shower or brushing the loo at the same time. If I get through today then maybe it will all happen tomorrow but I'm not betting on it.
Carla good to konw you are up and about and feeling a bit better. Can't offer an explanation for the left boob. Unless they taped up both and then decided which side the gall bladder is on. You don't have enough to get in the way!!! Not being rude or anything. Could understand if it was me. But then if it was me, they would have tied them in a knot under the chin.

Ant that is it. I have no time for more, I'm off for breakfast, then clean bathroom, loo and laundry before getting into the bedroom to change the bed and clean up the cat fur etc. And I have a stinking sinus headache, a pain in the gut, and a runny left nostril. Life is so good sometimes.

Be back later if I get time between work and WORK. Cya

Last edited by Shad; 08-21-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #218  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good afternoon ladies --

I just got back from the doc. He wants me to go to physical therapy twice a week for 4 weeks starting Monday and I get a steroid shot on 9/2. Yay! There is a light at the end of this tunnel. This doc hasn't seen me since my weight loss and he was really impressed and wants me to be able to get moving again soon!

Annie - You're 148-150? That's awesome! And from your photo you are a hottie too! Sounds like you have a nice weekend ahead. I wish you could ship some of that salsa up to Wisconsin....it sounds yummy!

Shad - I hope you feel better. I hope you get a little relaxing time with your DS1 before you leave for JK.

I've got an after work function....a trivia contest. It should be fun as I'm on a team full of fun people.

I'll check in tomorrow morning.

Love and hugs,
Old 08-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Yes I did get paid for all the overtime. I would not do all this if I didn't. By the way, I'm getting Sunday, Monday and Tuesday Labor day week end. I must be doing something right.

There's not much to say except I'm tired of these four wall's.

More later.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #220  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

I caught up on the posts and was going to respond but I am just so darn tired. If I go to bed in 10 minutes I can sneak in 8 hours of sleep before getting up for the gym.

So I think I'll pack my bag, wash my face and jump into my jammies. I probably won't get back here until lunch time.

Feel better Mel - it's a shame that the fresh air is giving the old peepers a twirl Just do what you have to.

Goodnight all - enjoy your visit Shad....
Old 08-21-2008, 11:31 PM   #221  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

di
Eventually I will work myself back up to the 5 mile videos. Think it is going to be awhile. The one miles are ok, the two miles are a bit rough. The three mile just about killed my knees lol. Youre a better woman than I. I can remember the shots in the back, the knees and the shoulders. I finally told the docs after a few years that they were nuts and could keep their shots. The pain of the shot was far worse than the pain I could stand from my body lol. Hope you feel better. Have no idea why a needle can make this grown woman weep lol.

Annie
I grew up dirt poor. I have learned that in life a great attitude gets you farther than money. Ok, you might have to walk everywhere you go but you aren't polluting the air lol.

Carla
Glad you hear you are feeling better. My gosh what did they do to you that you have any care. I had a few little cuts and nothing to take care of. Worst part was the darn gas escaping through the right shoulder and oh my gosh that hurt for a few days lol. Heck I was home within 8 hours of leaving the house lol. Hmmm tape under the boob. Have to say didn't even know they touched the boobs. Good heavens what do they get up to, they are working around the bellie button area lol.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #222  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I Cannot Type Long. I Have Another Call Into The 2nd Arm Doctor. But Other Than That All Is Well Here. Eyes Are Scratxchy And A Wee Bit Blurry.
Didn't Get To Really Catrch Upn With Eveyrone Yet So...
HAPPY...JUST SHOVBE THE NOODLE LADFY OUT OF YOUR WAY!! I CAN JUST PICTURE ALL OF YOU SWIMMING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.
Madcat...congrats On The Nweight Loss.
Carla...glad You Feel Better
Shad...we Can Always Castch Up When U=you Come Back.
Renni..stay Away From The Cookies.
Ruth....hope The Website Calms Down Fast.
Michelle..thansk And Also Glad To Hear You Will Get Relief Too!
Annie..your Company Sounds Great With A State Fair Thing Now!
Ceejay...i'll Be Right There To Help You Carry The $$$$$$$.

That;s All Folks. Too Much Pain Right Now And I Have Lots To Do Today. Jen Is Coming Home For The Weekend And The Kids Want To Spend It Here With Me. They'll Be Here Later. Off To Get Ready.
Happy Friday/saturday

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-22-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #223  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday/Saturday ladies!

I'm so glad the end of the week is here. It's been a busy and stressful week for me, and I'm looking forward to a couple days of R&R. Next week will be even better as I'm taking the Friday before Labor Day off to give me a 4 day weekend. Ahhhh.

Ceejay - I'm glad you're getting overtime for all your extra hard work. At least you'll get a long weekend next week.

Happy - I'm so proud of you for being so dedicated to going to bed early and getting up early for the gym! YGG!

Shad - enjoy your visit with DS1 and partner. I hope your flight to JK is a smooth one.

Rennie - The shot I get in my back only hurts for a day or so (after the novacaine the put in wears off) and then I'm pain free for between 6 months and a year! I'll take that trade off anytime. Hopefully the physical therapy I do will help heal/prevent future recurrences too. And you're right...a positive attitude is soooo important.

Mel - I do hope your arm feels better and your eyesight improves. Enjoy your weekend with the kids!

A big and to all you wonderful ladies!

Love and hugs,
Old 08-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #224  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Life is becoming very packed these days and I may not be around much. Don't worry - I'm swimming as fast as I can and will tread water when I get really tired!

Hersh goes to the Ottawa Vet hospital Tuesday for final diagnosis and a treatment plan. (Thanks for the offer of company, Carla, but I think it'll be just a drop off and then go home as it's three days of tests.)

After that, I hope things get better.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #225  

Naughty Shad, mocking my inadequate mammary development! The sad part is that while she's right that I'm not a typical busty worldly chick, gravity and excess weight have still done their evil work. My neighbour came up with a more reasonable explanation for the tape - they probably had heart monitor sensors taped here and there. I liked my explanation better.
Enjoy the time you have with DS1 and partner. Does he live very far away?

Michelle, it must have been so satisfying for you to see the doc's reaction to your weight loss and improved fitness! And I agree with you on the shot - much better to let up a bit on the exercise for a short time, get the treatment you need, and then be able to go back full tilt and pain free. When I was still running a lot a eight years ago I decided to "run thru the pain" instead of get immediate treatment for a foot problem. Well, my plantar fascia ruptured halfway thru a half marathon, and I haven't been able to run consistently since. Not to mention being stuck in closed, lace-up orthotic-friendly shoes year-round - a real fashion statement with shorts... Since then I've had a less cavalier attitude to managing bobos! On the positive side, the sensible shoes, a less gung-ho attitude, and opting for alternate types of exercise have made it possible for me to hike and run a little and do most things I really want to do without pain.

Annie, what kind of salsa do you make? "Hot" tomato? "Thick" zucchini? (Just thinking of your pornographic veggies...)

What have they done with our Happy??? Going to bed at 9:30??? I think it's the Invasion of the Body Snatchers all over again. All kidding aside, I'm so glad for you that you've found the motivation to keep up with the gym and exercise class. Are you starting to find things easier now? Apart, of course, from figuring out which way the swim traffic goes...

Ceejay, whatever you do, don't answer the phone any time near the long weekend - it would be such a bummer if you got called in to replace someone less conscientious. Will you go away anywhere over the weekend, or just relax at home and maybe go out to spend some of that overtime money?

Mel, great that Jen will be home for the weekend. Maybe the kids will devote their home time to spoiling you?
Is your arm aggravated mainly by using the computer, or just general wear and tear? I sure hope the new arm doctor will have some positive suggestions for reducing the problem.

Shy, I find the shoulder pain annoying but quite bearable - I often get little aches and pains like that. lol And I have no problem with needles. But the real problem for me with cleaning an incision is imagining beforehand what horror lies under the dressing. lol As it happened, all four incisions are clean and healing nicely, much smaller than expected, although I'm pretty sore around the navel. lol Hey, I said I was a wuss about that stuff. lol I'm amazed at how long they kept you for your day surgery - my total time was 5 hours door-to-door, and at that they said they kept me half an hour longer than most people! lol The mind boggles. lol

Ruth, try to get some down time for you! I hadn't realized Hershey would have to stay at the hospital overnight. Poor baby. Poor you! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the results will be good. :

And that's all for now. Lots to do today, and I'm still not dressed. Happy weekend to all the worldly chicks.
Closed Thread