Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 07:45 AM   #166  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY...YOU AND I WILL JUST HAVE TO GO TO CARBOHOLICS ANONYMOUS TOGETHER. WE CAN SIT THERE AND ADMIT OUR GUILTY PLEASURES HAVE FUN IN PARAGOULD AND SAY HELLO TO GOD FOR ME. DON'T FORGET TO PUT IN A GOOD WORD

HAPPY....25 LAPS!! NICE GOING. I HAD A LAUGH AT THE CAT STORY. THEY ARE FUNNY TO WATCH SOMETIMES. POOR OLD MR FERAL. I KNOW THE FEELING I AM STILL LAUGHING OVER THE NJ CALL. I KEEP GETTING WEIRD CALLS ON THE CELL PHONE. I THOUGHT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ILLEGAL NOW. NOT FAIR WITH MINUTES COSTING SO MUCH. POOR DH TOO. YEARS AGO I USED TO HAVE DEBILATATING HEQDACHES. COULDN'T EAT , MOVE....DO NOTHING. JUST READING ABOUT HIM MADE ME REMEMBER. I HAVE OFTEN WONDERED WHERE THEY WENT TO?! HOPE THE NEW HELMET WILL WORK. DO YOU HAVE A PIC OF THE OLD ONE? MAYBE WE STILL HAVE SOMETHING LIKE IT UP HERE.

SHAD.....I'LL BE LUCKY IF I REMEMBER SEPTEMBER IN SEPTEMBER!!! I LOVE THOSE SEPTEMBER SONGS. GLAD YOUR CLOCK IS BACK TO NORMAL. CERTAINLY THE ORCHIDS AND VEGGIES WILL DO WELL WITH YOUR TLC! HAPPY SALAD MAKING!

CARLA TOO BAD YOU ARE SO FAR AWAY. WE COULD HAVE MADE YOU CHICKEN SOUP AND PLUMPED UP YOUR PILLOWS. I MIGHT EVEN HAVE LET YOU EAT BAD THINGS. DON'T GO CTRAZY DOING STUFF. LET IT ALL HEAL WITHOUT PUSHING AND PULLING HEAVY THINGS. REST AND THE OLYMPICS. THAT'S ENOUGH FOR AWHILE I THINK SAMEDAY SURGERY SHOULD BE BANNED BUT MY DR THINKS IS GREAT AND PEOPLE GET LESS INFECTIONS HEALING IN THEIR OWN HOME...WELL THAT'S FINE IF THERE ARE PEOPLE TO HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
STAY WELL MY NORTHERN FRIEND AND SLEEP!!!! YES WE HAVE HAS 2 TORNADO WARNINGS RECENTLY AND ANOTHER AWHILE BACK. SOME STRAYS I WOULD IMAGINE. THEY CAN COME ON THE EAST COAST FROM TIME TO TIME BUT IT'S NOT THE NORM. SO YOUR PERCOCET WAS NOT THE CAUSE FOR TORNADO ALARM! IT WAS ACTUALLY OUT WHERE JEN IS STAYING RIGHT NOW. I THINK IT WAS JENNIFER THEY PICKED UP ON THE DOPPLER RADAR!!!!!

RENNIE....THANK GOD THAT EVEN THO MY DD IS 40 I CAN STILL SCARE THE BEJESUS OUT OF HER AND SHE'LL BUY ME WHAT I WANT OR PUT IT IN REACH!!

YESTERDAY WAS THE OICTURE OF PERFECTION AND I SPENT A LOT OF IT OUTSIDE. WE DON'T GET JUST GENTLE BREEZES...WHE HAD SMALL HURRICANE WINDS BUT I FELT WONDERFUL. I SAT WITH MY WATER BOTTLE AND A GENT FROM THE BLDG AND WE WATCHED THE NKITTENS PLAYING AND SUNNING THEMSELVES AROUND OUR SHED. THEY LIVE UNDER IT. BIRDS WERE SINGING AND FLYING IN THE CURRENTS PLAYING. JUST GORGEOUS. AND FOR ONCE THIS GUY WASN'T COMPLAINING TO ME ABOUT SOMETHING!!
I AM HOPING FOR ANOTHER DAY LIKE THAT TODAY CAUSE THE STORMS ARE ON THEIR WAY. THE WINDS HERE HAVE BEEN VERY STRONG AND A WEE BIT LIKE WHIRLING DERVISHES. OUR LEAVES ON THE TREES ARE A BIT BURNT ON THEIR ENDS ALSO. THE DAY STARTS OUT IN THE LOW 60'S AND THEN RISES TO THE HIGH 80'S. RIGHT NOW MY BODY IS A HAPPY CAMPER

HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY

SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS TO THE MISSING CHICKS YOU MIGHT BE GONE BUT ARE NOT FORGOTTEN
Old 08-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #167  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Sunday Morning....

Carla...extra get feeling better hugs to you sista. Once you recover from the surgery, you will be amazed how great you will feel. My personal thought after getting my gallbladder out was that everything else felt so much better too, that dang gallbladder just made me feel icky all over.

Happy...we do have work sites in warm locations. American Funds.com...San Antonio, Tx; Irvine, TX; Phoenix, Arizona. Just be sure to put on the app that I recommended you, cause we get $3,000. bucks if our referrals get hired. We get $5,000.00 if it is a management position hired. Poor hubby, I used to have migraines. One thing I learned that helped with the pain was to drink scads of water. Dehydration is a big factor in migraines/headaches. Also doc recommended gatoraide.

Ceejay...Humidity. Bleck. Today is probably our last day of no humidity and open windows. The news this morning said we are going back to 87, 88 degree temps with the humidity coming back in. Dang it.

Shad...you travel so much, how do you have time to do anything at home, much less the laundry. You need a maid. I bet you are dang glad to get home when you can. Safe travels, my friend.

MEL....well, well, guess what was for breakfast. Fried green tomatos, fried pumpkins and WATERMELON. What a treat. All my favorites. I bought a whole watermelon and cleaned it last night so I could just get up and start eating it this morning.

The bowling event was a blast. I didn't bowl well, but that was no surprise. I did break 100 twice. The last game was a bit less than 100. I went out to watch a band Friday night, DD went with. Met up with about 12 co-workers. The band played Steve Miller, Eagles, Bob Seger, good stuff like that. I truly enjoyed myself. Didn't do ANYTHING yesterday but lounge around the house, cause I can't hang out half the night and function the next day. I am getting too old for that crap.

Guess I better get busy and make up for yesterday's couch potato day.

Someone please tell me how to post pictures. I am really blonde so type slow.

Love and Hugs
Old 08-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #168  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Happy Sunday to you. The sun is shining and Mr. Feral is having the snooze of his life out on his little bed on the patio. Amazing how even a crusty old buzzard like he is can look just like a cute little kitten when he's all snuggly and comfy!

I fell back to old habits and went to bed at 1:30 this morning (shhh don't tell DH) and woke up with a start at 6. Part pee-pee alarm and one big GIANT OMG PAIN IN MY HIP I do have a tendency to slip into some very off the wall sleeping positions and I don't know what I was doing but my hip was not at all happy. I got out of bed and wobbled over to the potty and to check out the patio. Mr Feral was curled up in a perfect diver's tuck position "cat knees" pulled into chin with his arm wound around his legs. Everyone else was sleeping so I went back for a few more winks. It was a restless sleep at best, I was warm so I got up just after 7:30. At least that will make me tired enough tonight to go to bed early for my 4:45 wake up call tomorrow.

Today is a laundry/grocery shopping/clean up day. I also need to sit down and make up some menus for the week. Have to focus on less / better carbs. I think my body is getting used to the glucophage finally - I still have a few wild bouts but it's not constant any more.

On to you ladies...

Annie - we actually had some American Funds once. Did quite well with them but sold them a few years back when they took a downturn. A good fund. I worked in the financials in the 80's. A very party, drunken time - wouldn't survive that again JK - in some regards I know it hasn't changed but for the most part we all grew up and settled down. Financial firms did have a good record for being nice to their employees. I took a look at the jobs - many want SAP experience - hear that Shad? HR SAP experience Shad - how timely Glad you're at a good place and that you had fun bowling. As for inserting pictures, first most important question is... is the picture on your computer or is it on an online web service such as Webshots or Photobucket? Because the instructions would be different depending on where the picture originates from.

Good morning Miss Mel. I think while the Do Not Call Registry got alot of people out of the habit of cold calling, a few still sneak through. I think people soliciting for charities - real or or they really real? can still call and evade the rules. I daresay with technology today you might get more spam calls on the cellphone instead of the wall phone. So glad to hear that you were able to enjoy some nice weather yesterday. It will do you good. Get a little more in today and watch out for those hurricane winds. Did you know that whirling derviches actually turned very slowly? I think we use whirling dervish (sp?) when instead we mean something like Taz the Tasmanian Devil cartoon character anyway - hold on to your hat and water bottle. And give me some low carb recipes

Shy - you know you don't really want those cookies - DD was just tormenting you.

Shad - you really dredged up the memories with Try to Remember... I went to Napster and listened to the song - Pattie Page and Frank Sinatras versions. If I close my eyes I remember my living room at home, we had our "stereo cabinet" - one side had the record player and the top had sliding doors. The other side had the radio tuner and a well for holding the records. Mom always listened to what would be the equivalent of a "lite FM" radio station. Dad would be in the recliner snoozing and if we tried to change the radio station to something with the Beatles on it, Dad would wake up in mid snore - hey leave that nice music on, I was listening to it A pleasant memory of gentler times... I guess September is a popular month name for songs. Did you get all your gardening done?

Carla - that's a bit annoying that they pushed you out of the hospital so quickly. Thank you socialized medicine. Some people have issues with anesthisia so they should not have been so quick to shoo you away until they made sure you were ok. I had my surgery in 1994 and at the time I was allowed to stay overnight in the hospital if I felt I needed it. I didn't want to as the bed was very uncomforatable and my room mate's visitors were making alot of noise so I stayed a few hours until I could do a "lap" around the hospital floor and I could go potty on my own - which was the bigger issue since I was drier than the Mojavi desert But I came home around 6pm and crashed until the next morning. Some of the incisions may be sore and feel like they are "pulling" be careful. Watch for warmth and unusual redness which may be a sign of infection. And most of all, take it easy these next few days. Olympics watching is ok all long as you don't leap off the couch pounding your fists and yelling "go All Blacks, GO" in the rowing competion. Oh wait, they already medalled so no danger there Just rest up and give your body a chance to heal. Will send Mel over and the 2 of you can keep each other on the up and up

Ceejay - those wall hangings are nice - rugs and various hangings, but they do really accumulate the dust - even if you give them a light vacumn once in a while. If it's a favorite piece I suggest you at least move it outside the bedroom and into a hall or something. I had a neat picture that was made all out of pinecones that I carefully brought back with me on an airplane from the Pacific Northwest. I had it hanging on our bedroom wall. It was a really interesting piece but I found over time that the dust settled into the little "lips" of the pine cone pieces as well as clinging to the burlap backing of the picture. Since I'm allergic to dust, this was one of the trigger pieces I had to get rid of regretably. But it was better than trying to sleep with a stuffy nose, right? Favorite pillows had to get discarded too - just when you have them broken in just the way you want

Michelle must be off having a fun weekend again. Talked to Mom yesterday - I hear the weather is grand up that way - though it may be warming up a little the next few days. Definitely a cooler summer this year - even with us. Should be much warmer here in August than it is - oh wait, my pool is up and running again - THAT'S WHY IT'S TOO COOL - so it will never warm up enough to get even 1 swim in it - dummy me! Neener, neener weather - I'm swimming at the health club. Which by the way they arrested a 19 year old last week for stealing at least one wallet, a couple of credit cards and an Ipod from someone's gym bag. This place looks really nice, with regular folks like you and I, a bit of an older crowd who is serious about getting healthy rather than look at me in my cute sportswear attire. So even I have at times gotten a false sense of security about leaving my stuff hanging on the bench rather than constantly locking it up all the time. All I have of value is a $5 bill in my gym bag (just in case) and my Ipod. I don't bring a purse because I don't need one. And I swear someone last week stole my little bottle of Irish Spring Body wash that I inadvertently left off to the side while I was unpacking my bag. I read the article about the arrest but it didn't say anything about recovering a small bottle of Irish Spring soap so it must have been another thevin' varmitt.

Ok, I guess I will get busy now although I have already done 3 loads of laundry and ran the dishwasher while I was typing this.

Hello to Ruth, Holly, Patty and anyone I might have missed. Enjoy your Sunday.

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-17-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #169  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Melody
It is amazing how lipping she got when she got taller than me lol.

Happy
It wasn't so much that I WANTED those cookies, it was that I NEEDED those cookies hehehe.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #170  
Annie - Indiana

Happy....my pix are on my computer. I want to post a wedding pix of me and Samantha, my x-rated tomato and one other one that I cannot remember at the moment.

Or anyone else that can tell me how to post a picture, I would be most greatful.

I made MELs zucchini lasagna today and oatmeal raisen cookies. Can you say oink oink, my belly is TOO full, and hurts, I am miserable. What a boob, I am, and I know better. The taste so goods got a hold of me before I could stop. I am complete boob. I had better puke or poop soon or there may be a major explosion in the Indiana sky.

Love and Hugs
Old 08-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #171  
Annie - Indiana

Hey to Rennie and Michelle and all others I may have missed
Old 08-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #172  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Annie, if the photo is on your computer, you may have to resize it to make it fit. 3Fatchicks only allow certain sizes.
Once you get that done, (I'll check out the size required in a minute) you go to the go advanced section, and under the posting area, you will see a button called Manage Attachments. Click this button to display a pop up window where you can upload the pics.
It tells you the size in pop up window. Jpgs are 100KB and should be sized at 500 x 500 pixels I think, but this can vary so try to reduce it to around 6 x 4 inches.
1. Click the BROWSE button and navigate to the area in your computer where you keep the pictures.
2. Double click the pic to be uploaded. This will return you to the pop up window.
3.Click the UPLOAD button.
4. The system will display the uploaded picture as a hyperlink (underlined in blue) below the upload area.
5. Add other pictures as required.
6. When you click submit, the pics will displays as thumbnails (small pics) at the bottom of your post. We can then click on them to see them in a separate window.

Hope this helps. Of course you still have to resize the pictures. I don't know what programs you have to do this, but you could try downloading one of the free programs off the net such as Picasa if you don't have a program installed.

Actually, you may not have to resize at all. I didn't do anything to mine and they have displayed okay. The system will let you know in no uncertain terms if you need too!!!!

If you have too much trouble send me the pics and I will put them up for you today. Let me know and I'll PM my email addy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1921.jpg (47.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1908.jpg (46.1 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Shad; 08-17-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #173  

I came back.
Had to spend some time dealing with the people in Adelaide trying to work out how I am supposed to get this documentation that I have written and/or revised up to the Knowledge Warehouse so they can get help as required. Still don't have an answer but at least the question is now out there.

Carla - Ouch. Remind me not to get may gall bladder out again. Ummmm yes well remind me again of how many gall bladders you have or rather had???
Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Shy

Mel - wishing you another happy day. Hope it comes with sunshine and fresh breezes to blow away the cobwebs and clear the sinus'. We had one like that yesterday. Darn it was gorgeous. Today is grey but no rain.

Annie - nah, it's not a maid I need (I'd have to pay her) It's a wife! Someone to take care of the house and garden, wash the car, take if for a service etc.
Glad you had a good time at bowling. Looking forward to the pictures.

Happy - your sense of humour is getting up my nose Secret squirrel stuff is not for me. I'll pass on the message to the squirrels.
Hope DH is feeling better today - why do these things happen on weekends? As if it couldn't have happened at month end or something so he could demonstrate how indispensable he really is!
You are doing so well at the gym. I'm proud of you.

Hello to all others - Ruth, Madcat, et all. Gotta go do some work. I'll be back when it warms up again.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #174  
Happy September

I WANT TO SHARE AN AMAZING STORY WITH YOU ALL.
FOR 3 DAYS NOW I HAVE BEEN SITTING OUTSIDE FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME. MOST (not all) OF THE BACK YARD CREW HAVE NOT SAID A WORD IN COMPLAINT OF THE BLDG OR THE OFFICE. WHEN I GO INSIDE ONE WILL COME AND HOLD THE DOORS FOR ME SO I CAN GET IN. I AM WONDERING IF THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF JIMMY HARPING ON ME ABOUT MY ARM LAST WEEK I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO WELL! AND I AM GRATEFUL CAUSE IT'S EASY TO GET OUTSIDE...THE CHAIR CAN PUSH THE HEAVY DOORS OPEN BUT GETTING BACK IN, I NEED TO PULL WITH THAT ARM
I FOUND THE FORM SO PEOPLE CAN GET THE DIGITAL TV CONVERTER BOXES CHEAPER FOR THAT CHANGE THAT TAKES PLACE IN FEB 2009. GOING TO HAVE THE OFFICE MAKE COPIES SO THE TENANTS ARE READY.
GOOGLED SOME OTHER STUFF FOR A FEW SENIORS ABOUT A LINAMENT-TYPE STUFF FOR THEIR PINS AND NEEDLE FEELINGS IN THE FEET...THEY ARE AGED DIABETICS. PRINTED EVERYONE'S STUFF OUT AND TAPED IT TO THEIR DOORS! I WAS A GOOD LITTLE DOOBIE TODAY AND BESIDES THAT HAD HOURS OF THE
SUN 'N' FUN RIGHT NOW I WISH I COULD EAT SOME SURF 'N' TURF!! BUT I WILL SETTLE FOR SOME WW'S HEAT 'N' EAT!
I MI8GHT GO TO WALMARTS TOMORROW. WAITING TO HEAR FROM JEN. SO JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO TONITE.

ANNIE....IS FRIED PUMKIN DONE THE SAME AS TOMATOES?? LOVING THE FRUIT THIS YEAR!! DID YOU PICK UP ANY ROCKERS????

HAPPY...THESE MEN ARE THE REAL WHIRLING DERVISHES AND THEY ARE DOING A SPINNING DANCE IN REMBRANCE OF ALLAH. I HAVE SEEN THEM ON TRAVEL PROGRAMS. I WILL PUT OUT AN APB FOR THE IRISH SPRING THIEF!! HOW DARE HE STEAL FROM MY SOUTHERN SISTER!!

RENNIE IS BUSY TRYING TO CRAWL TO THE GARAGE TO GET THOSE DANG COOKIES!!

OK...I AM OUTTA HERE
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #175  

Bloody ticker
Old 08-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #176  
Rennie

Ok, this isn't fair at all and I am in NO mood to hear life isn't fair.

I told my daughter i AM THE MOTHER AND i MAKE THE RULES give me those darn cookies. She took them out of the outside fridge for me

She put the darn things on top of the fridge where she knew I couldn't get them without a step latter and I sure can't get on a step latter right now

Melody
You are being treated in the manner which you should be treated
Old 08-18-2008, 06:53 AM   #177  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The usual quickie post after a horribly busy weekend - some fun but lots of work! Today I plan to be as "hermit" as possible!

This week has nothing official scheduled although the cousins will be dropping in a lot. They are up at the Island for the week and come here for a coffee or drink every time they come down to the village for anything. I love my cousins but find they interfere with life. I hope to get some iris and lilies potted up and will have to bake for the Church sale Saturday.

Hershey is dragging a bit as we wait for our vet hospital appointment on the 26th. I was dealing with spatters of blood on walls and cabinets in the kitchen and finally realized it was from the end of her poor bedraggled tail. Yesterday I got some of that liquid bandage which seems to have done the trick. I hope so because my vet bills have been horrendous since Spring - and will get worse when we take our trip to the Ottawa veterinary hospital. It's a good thing my trip to Asheville mid-September is already paid!

It's brightening up a bit and promises to be a sweltering day so I'd best get a few things done and then turn on the AC.

Stop whining and get on with it!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 AM   #178  
Happy September

:hug; PORR HERSHEY AND HUGS FOR YOU ALSO MISS RUTH. HOPE THE WEEK GETS BETTER FOR BOTH OF YOU.

RENNIE...JUST SMACK HER!

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
THE DAYS ARE JUST WHIZZING BY

CHANGE IN PLANS. NO SHOPPING. JEN IS COMING AND WE'LL HAVE A DAY TOGETHER JUST CHATTING AND DRINKING COLD DRINKS OUTSIDE. SHE'S LOOKING FOR A DO-NOTHING DAY. THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO COME HAVE A GREAT DAY.
HAPPY MONDAY
Old 08-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #179  
Rennie

Melody
A tragedy happened just moments before my daughter got off work last night. Mad ninja squirrels came into the house ( I tried to fight them off but with this knee I couldn't do it ). They took the power cord to my daughters computer. It was touch and go there for awhile. I thought they were going to take her new monitor but I was able to wrestle it from them. Do you know what those little dickens did with that cord? They hung it from the middle of the garage ceiling ( I have a feeling they got the aid of her brother to do this ). Now she is going to have to drag out the big ladder ( which someone put behind all kinds of boxes ) to get that cord down off the hook. You really can't trust mad ninja squires at all can you.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 08-18-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #180  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies -

I'm so crazy busy at work. I'll have to keep this short. At the gym on Thursday, I strained my lower back little, as well as my right pec muscle. Then playing frisbee with the dogs over the weekend aggravated the pec. I'll be okay. I just have to learn to not overdo. But of course, I always overdo.

Sorry that I don't have time to catch up with y'all right now. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to read all the weekend posts later. I hope you're all doing well and had a nice weekend.

Love and hugs to you all,
Closed Thread