Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #241  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday everyone -

I had a great PT appt this morning. This therapist REALLY knows her stuff and since she has had a similar injury to mine, she really knew where she needed to focus. There was lots of stretching, manipulation and massage. There were times when the manipulation and stretches were QUITE painful -- a sign that I really need to do daily stretching at home to increase flexibility. I already feel less tightness, less pain. Yay! She also gave me stretches to do at home and the go ahead to go to the gym. But I have to warm up for 5 minutes, stretch for 5 minutes, do my workout or class, and then stretch for another 5 minutes. No more in and out of there for just a class. I have plans tonight so I don't think I'll get to the gym. But I will walk at lunch. I'm supposed to go back for PT on Wednesday and on Thursday.

Jen - Thanks for the update on Mel.

Mel - Glad to hear you're doing a bit better. Please take good care of yourself and don't overdo.

Shad - I hope your week in JK goes well.

Happy - Yes, Labor Day is just around the corner, football season is starting, and the Farmers Almanac says it's going to be a colder and snowier winter than last year. How the can it be any snowier! Yes, I did get a lower back massage with my PT, but it was an incredibly deep tissue massage and at times painful. But I feel better for it now. Definitely loosened up the muscles and joints around my low back, hips and arse. Your Chinese food meal sounds soooo yummy! I wish my DH liked Chinese food...but probably better that he doesn't - I don't have it very often. And yes, the MSG and deep fried food really make me feel out of sorts too. How cool that you saw the butterfly emerging from it's crysalis! I got to see a cicada do the same thing this year for the first time. Would love to see a butterfly emerge though. Thanks for the lovely story and photo of the newborn beauty! I hope your appt with your ENT goes well. Sending you $2.57 for gas! OMG! That's wonderful! Here are prices are $3.89 for regular and up to $4.07 for premium. And it may go up soon as they will be switching to "winter blend" gas in a month or two.

Annie - So glad you had a nice time with your DS. What is a cornhole tournament?? BTW, my tomatoes are finally starting to ripen! Yum!! Lots of cherry and grape tomatoes....and a few of the regular tomatoes too. Yes, I have photos. I have a before photo of myself from last Xmas. Yuck. No current photos, but I'll see if DH can take one. I've been meaning to tell you. My niece (in her mid 20s) just had lap band surgery a few weeks ago. Not sure of the exact type of lap band. I hope she's aware of all the do's and don'ts in terms of what she can and cannot eat/drink from now on. They haven't inflated the band yet...so there's little or no restriction yet. I hope it helps her and I hope she commits to the necessary lifestyle changes to make it work.

Madcat - You live in Toronto, right? My DH and I have talked about moving to Toronto or the suburbs someday. What's it like? I wonder how difficult it would be to move to Canada in terms of getting permission to move there, work there, etc. I hope your knees and hips feel better. My PT is really focusing on my hip flexors, quads, hamstrings and glutes. I didn't know there were that many ways my legs/hips could bend!

Ruth - I hope Hershey is doing well. I'm sure you miss her terribly. Sending lots of love and hugs to you, Hersh and Disney.

Ceejay - I wish our Walmart had good produce and meats....our grocery store is better for that. But I buy frozen foods and staples at Walmart. Bummer that you can't be with your relatives over labor day weekend.

Gotta get going, ladies. I have A TON of work to get done!

Love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 08-25-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I don't want to go back to work tomorrow.I'm still tired.

I did some errands today but that's about it.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #243  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Look out Ceejay - the remants of Hurricane Fay are easing up your way. We've had torrential downpours for most of the afternoon.

Michelle - I'm glad you got a good therapist but ouch on the massage. I hate those deep tissue ones - especially if "Helga" is a bit ambitious.

Our gas came down to about $3.30 for the lowest grade. One of the grocery chains here gives you 5 cents a gallon off for every $25 you spend. It's good for 30 days and you can get up to 15 gallons. With being more careful with driving I can almost stretch it to filling up every 2 weeks so with 2 shopping trips in between, I can generally rack up a pretty good discount. But you guys are way higher on gas than down here.

I have scheduled a vacation day the day after Labor Day. Going to use the longer weekend to tackle that garage.

The cat came in when it started to pour and she wants out in the worst way but when we open the door she's not venturing out. She keeps going to the door every 5 minutes - did it stop raining yet???

Gotta go make dinner now...
Old 08-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #244  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Not a lot to report here , it's fine, smoggy and warm. I've shifted office so I can see outside. There is a mosque down there, a raft of orange-red tiled houses - well shanties really - some tall white buildings and some blue glass ones with pointy bits on them. I suspect that I will get to hear the muzzein call from here 5 times today. Still it will be worth it to get some air con and a view.
I'm sort of in limbo on this project. Stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. I'm having problems getting people to training. I'm having a few problems with what to train them because sometimes times are changing immediately after I have finished the doco. Go live is next Monday and I don't really care too much at this time.

Having said that, I'd better start to care and go get the stuff for today sorted out. No personals today I'm sorry, maybe tonight.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #245  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just popping in to say hi. Things are going slowly around here with this darn knee but I am getting things done. Can't wait to head out to the camp grounds for the long weekend. Little Bella got to experience nature face to face last night. Not the cute little bunnies that she loves to chase around the yard. Oh No. She got to meet a skunk face to face. It is a lovely experience to try to make your sweet little dog not smell like a skunk. It is even a nicer experience to get her kind of not smelling like a skunk and then wake up with her sleeping RIGHT BY YOUR FACE. I tried to make her sleep in her bed but she was so afraid after her experience she didn't want to be away from me. I thought ok you can sleep with me, she always sleeps at the foot of the bed. NOT last night she didn't lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 08-26-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #246  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Tuesday ladies -

I didn't get to the gym last night, but I did do lots of stretching. And I stretched some more this morning. I can still feel areas of tightness, but the pain has lessened a bit.

Happy - I'm glad all you got out of Fay was rain. Wow, your gas is much cheaper down there. I need to fill up just about every 8 or 9 days (if I carpool). Good for you for taking a longer Labor Day weekend. We need to tackle our garage, basement and the rest of the house for that matter. The garage we'll get done while the weather is relatively nice, but the basement is a project for cold wintery days.

Ceejay - I hope you have a good work week. Do you have to work all Labor Day weekend?

Shad - I can totally understand your frustration. It's hard when things keep changing and also when people don't make training a priority in their schedule. Enjoy your outside view. When the muzzein calls, do people take a break from their jobs to go pray for a certain amount of time? Are the calls at specific times...or is it random. I'm thinking it would be difficult to schedule training around muzzein calls.

Rennie - Take it easy with your knee...and rest when it tells you to. Poor Bella! I hope the skunk scent fades soon.

A big to Annie, Ruth, Madcat, Carla, Mel and anyone else I may have missed.

Love and hugs,
Old 08-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #247  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Quick shot for me today. Had my hearing checked yesterday. Doc says I'm doing just fine. My concern about inability to hear at times he said is perfectly normal. As we age we lose the ability to focus out all the other background noise and listen to just one thing - hence we think we are missing hearing stuff when it's really all the other simultaneous noises that are poking their noses into our ears. He said we just have to learn to adapt, just like we do as our eyes get weaker. As for the water in the ears, he said I have a curved eardrum which is quite normal. Just gives the water more room to settle down. Some "Swimmers Ear" drops with alchohol ( no not that kind ) will help to clear things up. And he showed me a better way to drain the water out.

So at least with visiting all these doctors I am getting confirmation that I'm not as decrepit as I thought I was

Oh Shy - yuck, yuck yuck. Bella would not be sleeping with me if she went out tangoing with a skunk! Geez a fresh one will bring tears to your eyes. But hopefully she has learned she can never win a confrontation with one

That's quite an interesting view you have there Shad. But at least you have a bit of the cooling winds of the a/c. I would think the muzzein would drive me nuts after a while or is it more like a ticking clock that you ignore?

How you doin' Mel? (She says in her best Joey Tribiani New Yok immitation) Hope you are feeling better.

Feeling a bit less kinked up today Michelle?

When's the ice cream party Annie? My boss must have heard me envying you as she is setting up a team social event for Friday We also get out early for the holiday. Something to LOOK FORWARD TO!

C'mon Ceejay - out of bed and off to work like the rest of us

Madcat, Ruth and the rest of the crew.

I hear Mr. Curly yowling for his breakfast out back. Just fed Mr. Feral so I have to make sure the boys don't start something with each other. Have a good one...
Old 08-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #248  
Choose your hard

Michelle - I see we posted over each other. Sounds like it's going to take a while to get all the tightness relaxed. Just take it slow as you well know
Old 08-26-2008, 09:35 AM   #249  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE...GLAD THE PT IS A GOOD ONE. THEY ARE HARD TO FIND SOMETIMES. ALSO VERY HAPPY TO HEAR THE PAIN IS LESSENING. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS TO YOUR BACK AND ALSO TO YOUR NIECE. I HOPE SHE WILL DO VERY WELL!!

MADCAT...TAKE THE KUDOS ANYWAY! I HOPE THE BODY FEELS BETTER SOON AND SEND SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED HUGS HOW IS MR. MADCAT?
MISSED YOU LADY!

CEEJAY...HOPE THE DAY GOES QUICKLY FOR YOU! I CAN UNDERSTAND THE FEELING OF NOT WANTING TO GO BACK!!!

HAPPY...HOPE IT ALL WENT WELL WITH THE DR APPT. YOU CAN HAVE CHINESE WITH ME ANY DAY!! LOVE CHINESE!! THE BUTTERFLY WAS TOO WONDERFUL AND I CAN JUST IMAGINE THE DH IN HIS GLORY!! I STILL REMEMBER ALL THE PHOTOS FROM THAT ALBUM ON THE NET!! MAYBE YOU SHOULD POST THE LINK TO WEBSHOTS AGAIN. OTHERS MIGHT LIKE TO LOOK AT THE DH'S HANDIWORK! I WILL TAKE A LONG HOLIDAY WITH YOU....MIGHT EVEN HELP YOU WITH THE GARAGE

SHAD...DON'T WORRY ABOUT PERSONALS. JUST FOCUS ON GOING LIVE. SENDING MANY HUGS TO YOU AS WELL PORANGI IS IMPROVING...OF SORTS

RENNIE...PU!!!!!!!!! POOR BELLA. HOPE THE KNEE FEELS BETTER. HAPPY CAMPING!

ANNIE...I THINK WE ARE ALL GOING TO MOVE BY YOU. SEE IF YOU CAN FIND US ALL JOBS OK?? I LIKE ALL THE EVENTS THE COMPANY DOES. MUST BE WONDERFUL TO HAVE ALL THESE GET TOGETHERS!!

TO OUR BUSY RUTH!!

CARLA....HOPE EVERY DAY BRINGS YOU BACK TO BEING 100% OR AS CLOSE AS YOU WERE TO THAT FIGURE!! NOW IS THE TIME FOR A GOOD OLD CHANGE OF LIFESTYLE!!

I HOPE I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ANYONE. I DIDN'T TAKE NOTES AND JEN'S NOT HERE.
I WAS GOING FOOD SHOPPING BUT JUST NOT UP TO IT. JEN AND RICHIE ARE GOING FRIDAY INSTEAD. I REALLY DON'T NEED TOO MUCH CAUSE I DID A LOT LAST WEEK IN ANTICIPATION OF THIS PATCH OF RECURRING BAD ROAD.
PART OF ME IS LOOKING FORWARD TO SEPTEMBER. I COULD USE A CHANGE!! OUR BLDG BBQ IS ON THE 4TH AND I CAN SMELL THE BURGERS ALREADY!
THE SENIORS ARE AT WAR WITH EACH OTHER. A DIVISION OF RACES....AND ALL OVER THE USE OF THE COMMUNITY ROOM AT NIGHT IT'S BEING LEAD BY 2 "WHITE SUPREMISTS"(SP) GOD SAVE US FROM IGNORANCE! HOPING THAT THIS TOO SHALL PASS OR IT'S GOING TO BE A VERY LONG WINTER.
I AM STAYING INDOORS TODAY. TOO HUMID. AND THE KIDS ARE SPENDING TIME HERE TODAY.
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY
Old 08-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #250  
Happy September

HELLO HAPPY THE SOCIAL SOUNDS NICE TOO. GLAD ANNIE'S HINTS GOT TO YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS! GLAD THE VISIT WENT WELL. I TELL THE SENIORS THEY SUFFER FROM "SURROUND SOUND". EVERYTHING GOING IN BUT THE PERSON STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM ME INCLUDED!!

MICHELLE...GLAD THE PAIN IS STILL LESSENING
Old 08-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #251  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Tuesday Morning.

To all the inquiring minds...Happy, Michelle, Shad, Madcat..Cornhole is two wooden boxes with a hole on the top, spaced 25 feet apart that you throw bean bags in.. It is really big here in the sticks. Where the corn part came from I do not know.

Happy I love the butterfly story. I collect butterfly stuff.

Michelle...good luck with therapy.

Not much going on here, just busy at work. High today 75 and NO humidity. Whew who

Hey to everyone.

Love and Hugs
Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #252  
Smackin' into a Wall

Michelle~ Yep I am a Torontonian by birth and by inclination, so you won’t get a very unbiased opinion from me, but I think Toronto is a great city. It is safe, easy to navigate, and one of the most open and multicultural cities on the planet (even the UN says so). It really just a bunch of distinct neighbourhoods roughly bundled into a city – but that’s what makes it interesting. Lots to do, clean and the people are very accepting of other people’s quirks, need I go on? Yeah, I know the rest of Canada hates us for our smugness, but I can’t really imagine living anywhere else (ok, maybe London or Paris or New York. I’m a city kid). As for how hard it would be to get in, it would really depend on your skill set. I think NAFTA has made getting in from the US a bit easier for some people, but I’m not sure. The few people I know who moved here from the US did so to marry Canadians… and think that’s probably not really an option for the two of you. Shad or Carla might be able to provide a more unbiased view.

Ceejay~ I know how you feel about not wanting to go back to work. It’s the one bad part about having time off, isn’t it?

Happy~ good idea to take that extra day off, but you’d waste it cleaning? How virtuous of you! We’re been paying close to $5 for gas up hear for a while. Your poor kitten. Aren’t you suppose to be in charge of weather? Good news about your ears. Just another fun aspect of being a woman of a certain age (as the French would say).

Shad~ Take care in that grey shadow of the project. It will all work out, you know, cause it always does one way or another. Is it just me or does this project you are on seem somewhat more organized than some of the others you’ve done? BTW the 178 page user guide was not written by me - if was actually from a vendor that we are going to be using. I love reading other people’s docs sometimes. This one was “by the book” but I still hear myself saying, oh I wouldn’t have done that.

Shy~ Hope you have a nice and not smelly trip.

Mel~ You are having a race riot in your building, are you? Yeah, God save us from ignorance, indeed. You would think in this day and age people would know better. Somebody needs their butts kicked – not that ever changes anyone’s mind, but it would be satisfying for the kicker. Keep your head down, honey, and don’t take it personally. Shall we get you a ringmaster’s costume and a whip and chair? Sounds as if they are restless in the circus.

Ok, I have to get back to work. Shuffling between offices. It would be quieter to work at my other office where there are fewer interruptions, but this desk has a computer with two monitors and I’m spoiled. It is so much easier to have the thing I am working on open in one screen and my document in the other. Luxury!!! I’ve been at the gym this morning, but my knee is bugging me. I think it’s just overuse and the cooler morning weather that is aggravating it. I think I’ll take a gym day off tomorrow to recover. See y’all later.

Last edited by Madcat; 08-26-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #253  
Creating a Healthier Me

Lunch time check in....

Just went for a 2 mile walk....was probably a bit too long as my back and leg are now sore. I'll do some stretching and hopefully work some of the kinks out.

Happy - I think it is going to take awhile to loosen up all the tightness. Yeooow! If my legs stop spasming, I want to go to the gym tonight to work on the treddie...but if all I can do tonight is stretching, I might as well do that at home. I tend to be a very impatient person....so taking things slow and patiently is difficult for me. But I think my lower body will rebel if I push it too far too fast. I'm so glad that your hearing is normal. I'm noticing that it's becoming more difficult to block out the background noise. I think the other type of alcohol would be a more fun way to treat swimmers ear. I loved your Joey Tribiani immitation (Friends was one of my fave tv shows). Your team social sounds nice. We get a 1/2 day off on Friday for the holiday. But I decided to take a 1/2 day of vacation to get all of Friday off.

Annie - Can I come to the ice cream party? Thanks for explaning what cornhole is. I live out in the sticks too...but the games of choice here are Tailgate Toss, Washers and Ladder Golf. We're having the same gorgeous weather as you...mid 70s, no humidity and cool at night.

Mel - I think you, me and Happy should go out for Chinese food together. What city would be in the middle of the 3 of us? Sorry to hear about the race war in the community room. Why can't people just get along?! I hope it gets resolved quickly and ammicably.

Madcat - Thanks for all your great insight on Toronto. It sounds like a great place to live. Maybe one of these years, DH and I will move across the border.

Well, gotta get back to work.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Rennie
Poor Bella. I've heard that tomato juice is good to rid the scent of skunks.

Mel
Glad you are feeling better.

Happy
We got a heavy rain out of Fay. It was weird seeing a storm brewing in the East. I thought about you. I've done the alcohol thing for my ears before. It works well. I've been thinking about doing it again but I have a dr.'s appointment on 9-2-08. My main concern is why do my nose and head get so congested at night.

To all the others a big hello
Old 08-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #255  
Happy September

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CEEJAY!!!

WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY AND HOPE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
Closed Thread