Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Michelle....We have had this nice weather since Saturday. Got the house open and the air off. Whew Whoooo!!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #137  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

We've had a stretch of nice weather. So wonderful to have the house open and the a/c off!

Gang, I've got to fess up....I'm not going to make it to the gym tonight. My back is killing me with pain going down my leg. I think it was the uncomfortable chair I sat in during a 2 hour training class this morning. It really started hurting bad as I finished my 2 mile walk at lunch. I was hoping to do some weight training at the gym tonight....but that's just not going to happen. Instead, I'll be relaxing with an ice bag (or heating pad) on my back. I should be better tomorrow (hopefully). I hope this doesn't mean I'm due for another shot in my back. Nah...I'll be fine. No worries here.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a fly by

Did make it to the gym last night. walked a mile in twenty minutes and did three weight machines. I'm a little sore but not bad. My calories have been under 1500 and I'm happy about this also. I've set a goal to lose 5 pounds by next dr's visit which is 9-25-08.

I'd forgotten how much exercise relieves stress.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:42 AM   #139  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Not much time to post today, shortly I'm off to the airport to start the long flight home. And won't I be pleased to get there.

Not much happening here apart from work. It's getting hectic and will continue to get worse the closer we get to going live. My poor consultants are weary and teary and whinging like mad.

At that's about it from me. I will see if I can check in from the airport. But have no great hopes for it. See ya
Old 08-14-2008, 07:14 AM   #140  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fly-by here too as I really need to get my day cranked up - fifth gear needed today!

Yesterday I got the probable diagnosis of Hershey's problem but we will be going to the Alta Vista (Ottawa) clinic later this month to firm up the diagnosis and determine treatment. Vet Leslie thinks she has Cushings which appears to be treatable. I'm quite sure that's what it is because she has nearly all the symptoms.

Looks like we may have a decent day for a change - we have been getting rain every afternoon this month - and last too, for that matter. I am going to throw together a herb planter for the Saturday Garden show and finally get to my weekend baking. Aside from the usual task of lugging the trash to the road, there's nothing else on the schedule today. I may disconnect the phones and park my car behind the barn so people think I'm away. I need a day to get caught up a bit!

Have a great Thursday.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:41 AM   #141  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I THOUGHT I BETTER FLY IN HERE BEFORE GOING TO THE STORE. LOOKS LIKE SOME ROTTEN WEATHER COMING FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS SO I CHANGED MY PLANS FROM TOMORROW. THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD THOUGHTS. THEY MEAN A LOT TO ME. AND THE GIGGLES ABOUT ANNIE'S X-RATED GARDEN!! EVEN IF YOU DON'T GET A PIC ON 3FC...I ALREADY HAVE IT IN MY HEAD
MICHELLE DIDN'T GET TO THE GYM BUT DON'T WORRY CAUSE CEEJAY DID!! GO CJ GO! I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER MICHELLE!HUGS FOR POOR HERSHEY AND RUTH. SO SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS. GET WELL SOON RENNIE. SHAD IS ON HER WAY HOME AND HAPPY IS AMONGST THE MISSING!
OK GOTTA RUN. TRY AND COME BACK LATER. AFTER THE LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN...HEY THAT WAS AN OLDIE SONG!!!!!!!!! HAPPY HUMP DAY!!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #142  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Oh man - thanks Mel - another song stuck in my head all day - Lighting Strikes by Lou Christie

Hope it doesn't rain on your parade. Get done what you have to and hunker down out of the wet stuff. Hope the rains don't bring the aches and pains too. Sending you good thoughts Congrats on being 3 pounds down!!!

Ruth - sounds like you need a Ruthie-Day or Mel's equivalent of a Mel-i-day, hope you get it. Hugs to Hershey

Shad - you won't be pleased to get home or to the airport? Sending good vibes for a surprisingly pleasant flight. I don't envy you at all. Thank you for making me feel I have nothing to complain about They are getting ready for a go live next month here - you can feel the frenzy building.

Ceejay - I got put on a 1500 calorie diet too. Trying to figure out how to recalculate the whole eating plan now. You are doing great on the exercising - keep it up!

Ouch Michelle I had that happen once too - bad chair in a training class - some of the worst back pain ever. I think you are on the right track with ice, heat and some linament. Gentle stretches and if you want to be moving, how about just a stroll on an even surface - no outside walking, don't want to stumble on something. Those icy hot / themal patches help too. Hope you feel better.

Sorry to hear you are back on the prednisone Shy. Hope it won't be much longer. It's a bummer to tough out. Don't let it get to you.

Annie - just what did you fertilize your garden with to grow such "interesting" shapes Enjoy that perfect weather - I'm kind of jealous.

Carla - how was that (wait - SHAD go plug your ears) Santa Claus melon? Inquiring minds want to know? Has your gall bladder calmed down? I got a terrible case of acid reflux for at least a year after I had mine out. Anyone else? I still have to be careful with butter, mayo and certain kinds of tomato sauces bother me.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. The day kind of flew past me. And I just was not feeling well last night. Headache, tummy ache. I've been having serious intestinal distress from this glucophage and I think it's taking it's toll on me. Rather than feeling energized like I used to after a gym session, I'm really tuckered out. All day long. I can't seem to find a pair of shoes that I can walk in comfortably at the track so I wind up doing a half mile and then go in the pool. Yesterday I did get a good workout in pushing myself swimming laps. Today I have an ouchie blister on my toe. And I need to refigure my diet plan to work into the new program the nutritionist gave me. I was most distressed to read that my favorite watermelon is little more than sugared water and not one of the fruits you should be selecting. Guess I'll have to be content with a few tiny pieces chopped into a fruit salad with berries and such.

Anyway, I almost sound like I'm whining and I don't want to do that so off I go. Tonight is the first workout session with the diabetes program - I think we are dancing to the oldies tonight. Should be fun. 5 women and one token guy Have a good day - stay dry, pain and stress free peeps
Old 08-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #143  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday ladies --

My back is doing much better today. Last night, I took a hot shower and then put linament on my back and leg. I plan to go to the gym tonight for my favorite strength training class.

Shad - I can imagine how nice it will be to be home, despite the long flight and airport hassle to get there. And having gone through "go lives" before...I totally understand the tension and stress you're under. Hang in there.

Ruth - So sorry to hear that Hershey has Cushings...at least the vet is confident that it's treatable. for both of you.

Mel - You do what you need to do so you can REST and RELAX during the bad weather.

Ceejay - Good for you for getting to the gym! You go girl! Exercise is a wonderful stress reliever...that's why I enjoy walking on my lunch hour.

Happy - Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty finding comfortable walking shoes. Have you tried Easy Spirit? My MIL swears by hers. I wear Avia running shoes for working out. I hope your blister heals quickly and your intestinal distress. Have you told your doc about the intestinal side effects? Good for you for staying committed to improving your health. It's a bummer to have to cut back on one of your fave foods (like watermelon), but my nutritionist tells me that no food is forbidden...you just have to be smart about quantity and frequency.

A big to everyone else!

Love and hugs,
Old 08-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #144  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

di
Glad you are feeling better. Sometimes I think most of us need to remember we are not 20 anymore. This journey we are taking isn't hard but it does take many of us a bit more time to get to where we want to be than it would have years ago. The body just doesn't want to go go go like it use to. Darn chairs can be a killer. I guess they give us uncomfortable chairs to make us pay attention. Sometimes I think it does the opposite. We are so uncomfortable we can't pay attention. I don't go through the mood problems but the clothes are getting tight and I am really watching what I am eating. Even knocked down the fat and carbs a bit to try to offset what I know the meads are doing. I thank heavens God has granted me the serenity to change what I can, not try to change what I can't and know the difference. I am not going to let this get me down. I have to be on it until my tests show what they want to see lol. That is what they say and it is suppose to be helping with the knees too. I know better. Heck they would keep me on it again for years and years. I am going to be on it at least a few more days. I know when I am doing better. It is the time of the year that I am allergic to grass, trees, rocks lol. If I lived in a plastic bubble I would find out I am allergic to the plastic lol.

Annie
You know in some parts of the country you could make big bucks with your x rated pics lol. Oh gallbladders. I had mine out years ago. Things are not much better now than they were then. I still have the darn pains lol.

happy
Sorry about your feet. You really need to be careful. A blister can turn into a very nasty thing. I have found that Reebok shox have a nice bounce to them and they are wide enough to accommodate my feet. Hard for me to find the size I need but my daughter loves them to and she is on her feet all the time and plays tennis.

Ruth
Hope you can get Hershey taken care of.

Cee
Sounds like you are doing great. One day at a time is how we get to where we want to be.

Melody
I kept how bad my knees were hurting to myself. I have gotten good at this over the years. I was doing great until we went to leave the concert and my knee gave out ( traitor ) and the hubby asked ( in a voice louder than the darn concert ) how long has it been hurting. Was not a fun ride home. He ( I can only describe as YELLING at me and he never raises his voice ) went on about he was tired of me working so hard not to show I am hurting when it is his RIGHT to know when I am hurting lol. I can't let him know I am hurting. He would have me living on a pillow 24 hours a day. Now how can a person clean house while they live on a pillow lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 08-15-2008 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #145  
Happy September

Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Pine Nuts

Ingredients
Serves 4

Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces angel-hair pasta
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted if desired

Directions
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, garlic, and oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand at least 10 minutes.
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain, and return to pot. Add tomato mixture, and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #146  
Happy September

FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
Ingredients
Serves 4

1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
2 medium green tomatoes (both ends sliced off), each cut crosswise into 4 slices
1/2 cup vegetable oil, such as safflower

Directions
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper, and set sauce aside.
Place flour, eggs, and cornmeal each in a separate bowl, and season each with 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with paper towels. Working with a few slices at a time, dip tomatoes in flour, then eggs, and finally cornmeal.
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Working in two batches, fry tomatoes until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side; transfer to baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately with sauce.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #147  
Happy September

I WILL BE GOING SHOPPING IN THE MORNING...HOPEFULLY! SDO I THOUGHT I WOULD POP IN NOW. THE GS STAYED IN THE WINDOW WHILE I CLEANED A BIT. FUNNY BUT I CAN TELL BY HIS "CALL" THAT HE IS SAYING "OK, HAD ENOUGH HERE. TAKE ME BACK" YOU WOULD THINK THE SILLY BUGGER WOULD FLY THE 3 FEET BUT HE WON'T. MAYBE I SHOULD BE GLAD. HE KEEPS ENDING UP ON THE FOOKING FLOOR!!!
THE CELL PHONE IS ON AND NO ONE HAS DARED CALL. PROBABLY AFRAID OF WHAT I WILL SAY NEXT!!

HAPPY..I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE. WAS GOING TO SEND OUT THE MOUNTIES...I MEAN SHAD AND THE TASER... HOPE THE FEET FIND A HAPPY HOME. I WAS READING AN E-MAIL THIS MORNING. IT SAID FOR PEOPLE WITH FOOT PBOBS AND PLANTAR PROBS THAT THE BEST EXERCISES ARE WATER, THAT HAND PEDAl MACHINE THINGY AND BREATHING EXERCISES. BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT! HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL WHEN YOU GO LIVE. SO MANY PEOPLE I KNOW ARE ALL CHANGING THINGS AND GOING LIVE NEXT MONTH. WHAT'S WITH THAT? JUDY IN THE OFFICE WAS TOLD TO LAY OFF THE WATERMELON ALSO AS IT IS JUST TOO LOADED WITH SUGAR FOR RIGHT NOW. AND THEN A WEE BIT AFTER HE SEES IF THING STABILIZE. IT WAS ALSO MAKING MY FEET SWELL!!! I WILL SEND YOU GOOD BERRY THOUGHTS!

MICHELLE....GLAD YOU FEEL BETTER. I AM WONDERING WHICH LINAMENT YOU USE? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW BRAND NAMES

RENNIE... CLEANING FROM A PILLOW MIGHT EVEN BE HARDER THAN CLEANING FROM A WHEELCHAIR. AT LEAST I HAVE MOBILITY!! GET WELL SOON.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #148  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Just a fly by for me today. Thanks for the recipes MEL..I can use them with all my x rated garden items. haha

We have a company paid for bowling event tonight and at a really cool bowling alley. Food, shoes, balls, games all paid for. I like these kind of outings....

Not much else happening. Got the pix taken of tomato, now I have to figure out how to post it one here.

Love and Hugs
Old 08-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #149  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie175 View Post
We have a company paid for bowling event tonight and at a really cool bowling alley. Food, shoes, balls, games all paid for. I like these kind of outings....
1) It's nice to know those companies still exist
2) I need to get a job at your company - but can they relocate to someplace warmer first?
3) Have fun - hope you get lots of "turkeys". Oh and take hand sanitizer for those rented shoes and balls

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-14-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #150  
Choose your hard

Mel - someone from Holbrouck Heights NJ or something like that keeps calling my cell phone. I thought it was you until I looked it up. You giving my name out for free swimming or something?

Best linament we have found is from Watkins (yep the stuff Grandma bought) - we like the White Linament - active ingredients include turpentine and camphor - honest, really. The stuff works, what can I say? DH like the heat rub they have too. Wasn't too fond of the cooling rub. There is a red linament too.

You can get it online or at some Target stores.

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-14-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Closed Thread