Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #226  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

di
You mean they gave you a pain killer for the shot. Oh my gosh they gave me nothing, now mind you it has been at least 5 years since I have let them put a needle in my back.

Carla
The shoulder pain was so bad for me I was on some serious meads and I took all they gave me and as you know I am not a pain killer kind of person lol. That shoulder pain was worse than labor with either of my kids lol. When I had the gallbladder surgery I didn't even so much as have a bandage on me lol. Isn't it amazing a surgery that you use to stay in for days and days you are now out in a few hours lol. Heck, when you have a baby they make you stay 12 hours to get money out of you and yet they toss you out after a couple of hours after surgery lol.

I have not been getting near the cookies lol. Weight gain or not it sure isn't going to be because I am not eating the way I should. It did slip into my mind for a few seconds that if I was going to gain weight by no choice of my own I might as well indulge a bit more than I let myself. I thought of having to tell all of you ( with a mouth full of cookie and chocolate prints on the key board what I had done ) sometimes I really don't like you all very much lol. Thanks for the eyes watching over my shoulder. I needed them. The cookie cravings are gone. Thank heavens since my son sat with his girlfriend last night and ate all of them. He came to me, gave me a hug and said did it just for you Mom. Have to wonder if he really had me in mind as those two sat and ate all my cookies lol.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

popping in to say hello

Mel and Rennie
Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:45 AM   #228  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Just popping in to say hi been busy with the family today. Tomorrow is off to JK once more (once more into the breach dear friends) and I will be back into it on Monday no doubt.

Today we have put together the new filing cabinet I bought ages back and didn't get around to. Now there is no excuse fo my paperwork to be floating around unfiled. It loods quite good too. Now I guess I should go and put all my tools away and collect the washing. The kids have been enjoying the warmth and the sun. It's not been this warm in Adelaide for months. They arrived with scarves and boots and are now down to tee shirts and shorts. It's another thing off the list of to do's

No time for personals, sorry. Enjoy your weekend. Hope it is a good one.

Cya
Old 08-23-2008, 08:09 AM   #229  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Good morning. I am giving you a Melody update. Mom's arm folded on her as she was trying to do something andn it pitched her forward. Somehow she scratched her eye a little bit. The vision is blurry but not harmed. It's just been a series of unfortunate events she said like Lemony Snickets. The doctor's office sent some heavier anti-inflammatory pills for her to try. Today her arm feels a little better. We were laughing last night about it all. Mom says hi to everyone and for Joy to have a good trip. Mom should be back by Monday. If not I will update you all during the week. Jen
Old 08-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #230  

Thanks Jen for the update on Mel. Mel feel better soon.

I'm doing a happy dance this morning. Today is my last work day for a couple of days. I'm off Sunday and Monday.

Everyone enjoy the week end.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #231  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Signs that the seasons are about to turn --
  • the air is filled with the buzzing and chittering of the hummingbirds swooping and swarming as they start to bulk up for their long trip south in a month or so
  • leaves are starting to fall and clog up the pool filter - the pool we never got to use this year
  • we're heading into muggy gray days, the result of the remants of the hurricane season as bits travel up the interior and make their way over to us

A week from Monday we turn the calendar pages to a new month. When I lived up north I always found the Labor Day holiday to be a bit melancholy because it meant only one more month of decent weather before the cold winds of another winter blew in and I would feel like yet another summer blew past and I didn't get enough time to enjoy it. I still feel that way about summer but at least we have a warmer season down here so I don't fret about winter like I used to. But still, the summer is coming to an end - you can feel it in the air.

The hummingbirds are rampant outside. We have one feeder in the front of the house and can watch them through the kitchen window and we have 6 feeders off the back porch and into the yard. You have to be careful when you go out back so you don't get divebombed. It's the end of the season when some of the birds are still defending "their" feeder and they will fight - you can hear the clicking of the beaks like swordsmen. Or they will puff their chests out like drunken fraterinity blokes and chest thump so hard even I cringe. Within 2 weeks there will be too many at the feeder for the "owner" to chase off and they will just all settle down at each feeding port and gorge. Towards the end of the season there are so many you can't count them - I think the most we were able to count was 20 at a time. They are really neat.

Can't say I'm a hero on going to the gym. It's more a matter of doing what you have to do. Same with the food. It does appear that I am going to have to get really strict with the food - including weights and measuring as my weight loss has stabilized. This week we get our blood glucose testing meter and I'm interested in the story that has to tell...

Jen - thank you for the update on your Mom. Mel - I'm sorry to hear you zigged when you probably should have zagged. Rest up and please heal up quickly. Don't let it get you down. Maybe I will look for some Elvis glasses to protect your poor peepers!

Ceejay - hope you enjoy your 2 days off. I can hear you laughing all the way over here. I can tell you're in need of a break

How's the knee Shy? I have to admit - 2 miles is about all I can take of Perky Little Leslie. She sure has turned walking into an empire - never knew there were so many ways to walk.

Shad, I'm thinking that your temps are about what ours are now and I can't even fathom wearing boots and scarfs out by you. But glad you are getting some nicer weather. Have a safe flight, hope you got a decent airline seat. We look forward to more JK rollout adventures.

Michelle - that's great that you are going to get your shot for your back. I'm sure you're relieved. Will you get a massage to go along with the physical therapy? ahhhhhh.

Annie - once again you're having fun at work. Why don't other companies "get" that if they do a little bit for their employees they get it back 10 fold??? Of course I'm sure even in your environment there are complainers. I sort of acknowledge but don't want to think too much about the sagging skin issues to come down the pike

Ruth - thinking about you and Hershey

Well I've been composing this post for about 6 hours now. I keep walking away from the computer and forgetting about it. I just came by to pick up some junk off the desk to sort and purge and saw that I hadn't posted yet so finish this up and hit SEND. Enjoy your Saturday...
Old 08-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #232  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

It's the weekend....Happy Saturday....

Baby boy (20 yrs) is home this weekend. He is having me make all his favs. Patty melts, fried taters & onion, corn for dinner. Can you say FATTENING. Tomorrow he wants spaghetti. He always wants spaghetti. Also made a huge batch of salsa, what he doesn't eat, I will send home with him. DS & DD are both in a cornhole tournament and will not be home this afternoon and evening. I need something to do besides housework and cutting the grass.

Carla....salsa recipe is with tomatos. I make two kinds, one you cook, the other you just chop in blender or processor. The chopped kind is tomatos, green peppers, jalapenos, onions, cilantro, garlic, pepper, then add a 2-3 ozs of medium store bought salsa to give it smoothness.

Shad....while you are in the cleaning mode, come on over to my house.

Michelle....got pix of yourself?? Before and now, on your way to after? I would love to send you some salsa. Today's salsa turned out a bit hotter than I like, but will still eat it. Thank you for the lovely compliment.

Ceejay...3 days off in a row, you won't know how to act. Crazy I suppose.

Happy...8 hours of sleep...Sweet dreams.

Rennie...Yeah, we didn't have much growing up either. Monday I am getting the land line turned off, and just use cell phones. Also may raise the deductible on my auto insurance. Seems groceries are the only way to really cut back on dollars.

MEL...God love you darlin', feel better, maybe one of Michelle's steroid shots.

Gotsta get busy...Hello to anyone I might of missed.

Love and Hugs
Old 08-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #233  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh Happy....believe it or not, we have very few complainers at work, mostly everyone loves it there.

Next week, our department manager's are buying everything to have an ice cream social. I won't be eating any of it tho, to rich and fattening for my system.

Love and Hugs to you girly...
Old 08-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #234  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

Happy Sunday.

I had a very carb loaded day yesterday. For lunch I had a half cup of left over pasta with cheese. Had a taste for Chinese food for dinner so we had a selection of beef with pepper and tomato (not too bad except for the half cup of white rice), crispy shrimp & vegetables (shrimp was lightly battered and fried) and DH wanted sweet & sour chicken which of course is heavily battered and fried. And I had the biggest hankering for pot stickers. I had a little bit of everything. Not an oversized portion, tho bigger than I probably should have been eating. But between the batter, the sweet sauces and the dough - I probably have a bazillion carbs. And I washed it down with slightly sweetened green tea.

Today I woke up feeling all achy and out of sorts. Definitely a reaction to the food. Of course it is gray and somewhat rainy but I'm sure the food affected me more than anything. Need to start paying attention to little signs like that. Today is grocery shopping day - back to lean proteins, fruits and vegetables and clean eating.

Annie - what's a cornhole tournament? Have fun and hope you have a good visit with the kids. The salsa sounds yummy tho a bit too spicy for me. Nothing better than the taste of fresh tomatoes. Yummmmmy!!!!

Oh and we had an exciting moment yesterday. I had washed the kitchen floor and was sitting outside taking to DH. The hummingbirds were zipping back and forth across our heads dive bombing each other and trying to claim the feeders as their own. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed some movement on one of the azalea bushes. I got up to check and it was a brand new baby swallowtail butterfly that had just emerged from it's crysalis. It was really struggling to hold on to the azalea branch. At first I thought it was injured but it looked much smaller than the ones we usually see. I called DH over and of course he wanted his camera. I had to trot across the wet floor and when I came back out he had the butterfly on his finger tip (you have to be extremely careful how you handle them). The wings were all floppy looking so we knew it was a brand new hatchling. When they are born their bodies are oversized and filled with fluid. Their wings are all crumpled up like something you'd see in those packages where you can suck the air out of the plastic and the clothes shrink wrap down to 1/3 their size and look all wrinkly. As they emerge they pump the fluid out of their body into veins in the wings which causes them to stiffen and become rigid. And that's just what the little gal was doing. We could tell by the markings that it was a female. DH relocated her to a more sturdy stem on the basil plant and she was happy with that. Her wings fluffed out and she started to flap them to dry them out. It was really neat to look at. DH was in his glory - took about 100 pictures. An orange frittiary came by to check out the lantana flowers and DH turned his back to take some shots of that and Ms. Swallowtail decided she was rested enough to checkout this new world so we didn't see her fly the coop. But I'm sure she'll be back again. We also have a baby woodpecker coming to the bird feeder. The yard is alive with activity.

Here's a picture of the new baby -

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-24-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #235  
Smackin' into a Wall

Darlings! Happy Sunday! It’s grey and rainy here. Groceries have been done and now I’m just hanging about. I was thinking of gym-ing but I’m actually having some knee problems and hip issues… so I may just stay home. I supect much of it is hormonal. Anyone else notice their knees go wacky at certain times of the month? Maybe I’ll do Pilates later. Of course, I have a very exciting 178 page user manual I should read through. Gosh, that will be thrilling, won’t it??

Carla~ So sorry I didn’t read far enough back. Hope you are feeling better and recovery is going on. And yes, I’d love to get together with you next time you are in the area. I found a really nice steak and frites place we should go to.

Happy~ How neat your butterfly story is. He/she is lovely. And you are right about being careful touching them. At the butterfly conservatory they always say that if you disturb the dust on their wings you can really damage them. Lovely though. I love that you not only have the time but that you take the time to pay attention to the world around you. Beautiful. I also find Labour Day a bit sad… and it makes me want to buy pads of paper and pencil crayons.

Shad~ Bon Voyage. Have a good trip and I hope the doco gawds are kind once you get there.

Jen~ Thanks for the update. Hopefully Mel will be back herself shortly.

Anni~ What’s a cornhole tournament? The mind boggles. I’d happily take some salsa off yor hands. I make the chopped kind myself but it’s just tomato and onion and cilantro. Bit of a purist.

Ceejay~ Enjoy your time off.

Ruth~ Hope the Hershey girl’s tests turn out fine and she’s ok. Keep treading that water.

Michelle~ Hope you find the relaxation prize this weekend. I’m thinking of taking next Friday off too. Our last gasp at summer.

Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss but really I don’t deserve it. I did lose the weight but I’ve been stuck here for the past 3 weeks. But at least I haven’t gained it back so that’s something, isn’t it?

Last edited by Madcat; 08-24-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #236  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Here we are, cheerfully (not) back in Jakarta, watching the world go by and trying to do our best for the project.
It's grey and very smoggy out there today. But I was good, I went to the gym early and did 45 minute workout which at least got the legs and arms moving again.
As far as the month challenge goes, I had whittled down 1.4kgs but forgot to take my water tablets for a couple of days and combined with high altitude flying, I'm back to where I started. I guess now that both of those factors have disappeared, I might be able to get back down again. I still have a couple of days before the end of month. There is a scale in the hotel room and if that moves downwards for a while, I shall be quite pleased.

Madcat - good to have you back. No my knees do not go funny at odd times of the month. They may go a bit wonky if I see a nice piece of eye candy around the place, but I haven't seen that for a wee while.
Your manuals are 178 pages. Crikey, think I will come and work for you. Mind you I have to admit, I'm whittling quite a few of ours down to the 100 mark. Just to darn difficult to keep their minds on the job with some of the waffling we do.

Happy - how nice to have all that wildlife at your doorstep. Lovely to see the critturs are taking advantage of all the love you lavish on them.

Annie - my cleaning mode did not last long. Just enough to ensure that the place was dustless and ready for the visitors and then I gave up. They will have to look after it themselves for the rest of the time. DS2 came home to spy the cleaning equipment around and muttered something about scary objects before going out to escape any chores.
What happens in a cornhole tournament?? Inquiring minds need to know.

Jen - thanks for the Mom update. I will get to talk to that woman soon and get her to rest up a bit. Mind you, I think I have to talk to Ruth and Michelle as well. They are all trying to be superhuman.
Get well soon Porangi.

And that is about it. I need to go put some data into the system now that it is fixed and working again. So I love you and leave you for the time being. Enjoy your Sunday.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #237  

I haven't done much today. I woke up exhausted this morning.

Did manage to go to the grocery store. I hate our grocery store would rather have gone to super Walmart for better produce.

My relatives are about ready to hog tie my bosses. My sister called me today to find out if I could come up next week end. Everyone in her family were looking foward to me being there next week end. My nephew's band is going to play at Branson's Landing. I'm going to be to tired to drive 6 hours one way.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-24-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #238  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MONDAY MORNING LADIES! SORRY NOT TO HAVE PERSONALS.
I WILL TRY AND CATCH UP WITH YOUR ANTICS LATER. FEELING BETTER. WE HAD A GOOD WEEKEND. WILL WRITE MORE DURING THE WEEK. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #239  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Just a quick from me as I'm off to physical therapy and then have to get straight to work.

I'll check in later.

Hugs,
Old 08-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #240  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I'm on the run too this morning. Had a really bad night last night so I didn't get to the gym today. Have a doctor's appointment with the ear, nose and throat guy today - will find out if I'm really going deaf or maybe I should really say

Madcat - good to see you back. As Shad says - don't notice the knees going wonky at set times. One day they are fine, 2 days later they are barking at me. Sometimes one side, sometimes the other. No rhyme or reason tho if I journaled I might be able to discern a pattern. Hope you are feeling better.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Mel.

Hope the therapy eases up the tightness Michelle.

Ceejay - I REALLY hope you won't have to miss your family party - sounds like you've put in your share of hours at work lately.

Shad - hope the scale fairies are good to you. They have been quite fickle lately for many of us. Here's to another exciting Monday on the job

Annie - DH is pushing to drop the land line too. However, the town we live in wants to keep it quaint and residential. That means they won't allow cell towers of any decent height so cell phone reception here is horrid. I have "no bars" in the house and like many of my neighbors, have to go outside to get any cell reception at all. We also have a voice over IP line for DH's job but that is tied to the internet. And if the internet goes down, which it does at time - no phone. So I've been holding out on giving up the land line but as you say, when dollars get squeezed, sometimes you just have to give it up.

With my grocery reward card discount, I paid $2.57 a gallon for gas yesterday That was 80 cents a gallon off the base price. We should have filled up DH's car instead - his tank was emptier than mine.

Anyway - gotta get some work in today. Hugs to all and hellos to the rest of the team I didn't get to individually.
Closed Thread