Old 09-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #406  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

92.9kg - wooo hooo
baby crying must
go but that makes the hunger pains worth it

Last edited by smylie; 09-07-2008 at 05:23 PM.
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Kel why are you having hunger pains? I hope you're not missing meals or something…

Kylie and Vonni glad to see you joining my brekkie challenge. This is what I'm having today:

• Uncle Toby's Antioxidant cereal
• HiLo milk
• almonds
• prunes
• strawberries
• banana

• water

I am working 9.30am - 5.30pm this week, so should be able to have a fairly good routine with my meals.
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #408  

i guess kinda coz i am not snacking between lunch and dinner or i didnt the first couple of days anyway
now i have measured out half a cup of sultanas to snack on in my "danger zone"
so i am missing my morning and afternoon binge sessions......

2.1kg down this week so on the way to getting under 90 again

i am just aiming for any loss again this week and slow and steady will get down to 80 again

i basically finished digging out all the grass for my vege patch so i think that helped with the weight loss - it is a 7m by 80cm hole!

breakfast for me - heheheh - you are all going to say i am stupid - was a shake
but that works for me - as long as i have lunch around 11/12 i dont get hungry having a shake - and when i finish all my shakes i will join your breakfast challenge

i just remembered i was going to make jemima an omlette today oh well she can have it tomorrow
Old 09-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #409  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

I mentioned sultanas to someone at work the other day, and he looked at me like I was speaking swahili. Apparently they don't have (and have never heard of) sultanas in the US, only raisins. Who knew?
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #410  

that would be so interesting and fun learning new words for things you have always called something else like thongs and flipflops or togs and bathers and cossie
and jatz and savoys
at least chocolate is always chocolate heheheh
jemima so sick she cant go to swimming on wednesday that sucks so bad coz it was her first class in the new group and even i was looking forward to it, forgot to ask if she was going to be ok for daycare on thursday - she better be coz i have to work at the opshop - or maybe that is friday this week - i better find out
making yummy pumpkin cashewnut snowpea stirfry for dinner (i think i love it so much i have posted the recipe here before) so got to go prepare the chicken and the pumpkin so i am not trying to do it with sick child on my hip - jem is in a drug induced sleep now after a bath to try and get her fever down but i dont know nhow long she will sleep for

vonni - good on you taking eb for a ride on your bike, i think jem would love that but i dont have the coordination - when she is better i will take her for a walk with the dogs she loves that or maybe we will do it in the morning so it is not too cool out and she can just chill out in the pram i was going to go to a new playgroupo but i guess taking a child with somekind of illness is not the way to make friends
Old 09-08-2008, 01:26 AM   #411  

oh and cheerios and little boys
Old 09-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #412  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Prawns and Shrimp
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #413  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Hey guys.. im still being stupid with my food .. dont know why really just feel like i cant be bothered.. i think everything has caught up with me and im in a woe is me.. stage.. can someone please give me a swift kick.. and help me get back on track??

MY house is spotless.. lol.. so i have been turning to food instead.. cleaning is my thing when im stressed.. and now i got nothing to clean..

I not working out like i should either.. just here and there.. i used to everyday.. and now.. i cant find the drive.. i almost feel like.. i quit at this you know? i had plateud and then had stress and now im gaining.. .. i do good for breakfast and lunch and then it all falls apart in the afternoon..

I even went shopping for crap yesterday.. so in know im in a bad head space to be in.. (___I___) ,,<< please kick here..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #414  
Blue Team Member

im in for thre breakfast challenge.. i do have it most days now becuase.. im actually hungry in thye morning now.. lol.. and i think i need some motivation.. water and breaky...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #415  

Amy what you're going through is a very normal part of long-term weight loss. It's one of those battles that your head throws at you - and often - and is one of the most important fights for you to win.

Don't wait for motivation or inspiration - it doesn't come very often. Most of the time it's about making a commitment to yourself, and doing the 'hard yards' at the very times you don't feel like it.

I have been in the space you are in several times over the last two and a bit years. And when it gets like that I get out a piece of paper and write down the goals for today - and then I just do them.

A good example: I weighed myself this morning, and am THREE pounds heavier than I was yesterday. The first thing I did was move the scale to a different bathroom tile and try again - same result. Then I extended my middle finger at the number on the scale, called it a traitorious little f#@ker, and gave the scale a dirty, dirty look.

And then I cast my mind to the food I ate yesterday and realised that I am very probably retaining water because I had more salt, more chocolate and less water than I should. So out comes the blank piece of paper…

Amy look at what you have achieved. You're really close to having lost 50 pounds - and don't tell me you don't want to reach THAT amazing goal. You fit into smaller clothes, have a lot more energy for your kids, and can do things that you couldn't do a few months ago.

Plateaus are very frustrating. I have been through a couple now - one that lasted about 14 weeks, and the trick to not letting them do your head in is to set an 'upper limit'. Let yourself gain a few pounds, but have a number in your mind that you will NEVER let yourself go past. For me, my current upper limit is 76kg.

Having an upper limit helps you deal with bad weeks, special events, holidays and your own rebellion against "the diet". But it keeps you safe, and stops you from completely losing the plot. It's also good practice for maintenance.

Another thing you can do is set a small goal - and then have a personal 'competition' to beat it. Maybe challenge yourself to lose 10 pounds in 15 weeks - something you know you can do - and then throw some energy into getting there.

I have ONE main goal for today - and that's to flush out the extra fluid I am obviously hanging on to, and that means drinking at least two litres of water today. At least!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #416  
Blue Team Member

im sitting at 117.5-118 depending on the day .. i dont want to see 119 at all.. so my upper is 118.9 ..

my goal for today is water water water.. also.. since i know i have been very lacking in that department..

ok breaky challnge i had a bowl of special k advantage.. and a banana..
Old 09-10-2008, 06:36 AM   #417  

i was in the brekky challenge yesterday but i dont remember what the challenge was - was it to have brekky???
i had some omelette that i made jemima and some juice sorry joooooce

amy - ani is so so so right the upperlimit thing is the only way to "plod" through this time for you - i always screw that bit up
can you maybe do something different with regards to weight loss to make it exciting again

really hoping for another loss next week - wondering if i can wait til monday to weigh myself..... on friday am having pizza but am going to challenge myself to have it in moderation - i never do so that will be good

been digging another hole coz i finished the hole for my vege patch - get the sleepers this weekend and "install" them the weekend after
so i am digging benji a hole so we can concrete a meter or so of extra patio area - maybe i will learn cementing and do that for him too - am actually loving the hard work
was wondering today if i could get a job just digging holes but i think they have machines that do that now

it is that time of the month again for me - my second in 29 months my cycle was 48 days! hopefully weightloss will help me become more regular - also when i eventually wean jemima that will make a huge difference - she has been having more feeds this week because she has been sick and not eating but she is getting better now so maybe i will toughen up and say no again until bedtime.... but since now i have decided to get my head, body and house/yard in order before another baby it really doesnt matter if i am regular or not except that i am a control freak!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #418  

Kel what are you going to plant in your vege garden when you finish digging holes?

This weekend I'm going to plant my 'greens' - lettuce, chives, spring onion, herbs and spinach.

I'm not feeling very inspired with weight loss this week - don't know why. It's just a week though, and I'll get through it. At least I'm sticking to my breakfast challenge and eating well every morning.

Work is annoying me, mainly because there's a woman there (who is acting as our garden co-ordinator at the moment) who has the people skills of a pregnant pole cat. She picks on all of us and then runs around talking about us behind our backs. And she spends time manufacturing jobs for us that she thinks will annoy us - pathetic! I feel sorry for her, I feel sorry for anyone who feels the need to waste so much of their life being angry and negative.

On a daily basis I make it my personal mission to keep my co-workers positive and enthusiastic in spite of the pressure she applies.

All the same, I could live without the drama.

I've got tendonitis in both my wrists, and the doctor told me it's an injury that's common among weight lifters. He also said the only way it will get better is to stop lifting. Pfft - as if!

Anyway - must get ready for work. Have a good day everyone .
Old 09-11-2008, 01:20 AM   #419  
It's ME!

Hello ladies

It feels strange to have not logged in for almost a week! I've had a terrible time. Caught another cold and this one hit me hard so I've been off work most of the week and my diet has been pretty appalling - anything that's easy and unfortunately a lot of junk comfort food.

Yesterday I had fish n chips for lunch and today it was pork fried rice. The silly thing is that there were better options and I really don't know why I didn't take them. I think that I've been using the fact that I'm sick as an excuse to eat badly and as a result I feel pretty disgusting.

Here's hoping that I can turn this around and make better choices from now on.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:14 AM   #420  

fush and chups! tee hee

ani - i am going to plant carrots, peas (the shelling kind), snow peas, maybe potato, definately tomatos, lettuce, zucchini
that hole is finished! and i have found that stratco is best place to buy sleepers beat bunnings by 3cents and has the other size i need so its all happening and keeping me very motivated with stuff coz i think the hole digging is helpingme lose weight

about this breakfast thing
if you sleep in until lunch time like i did today is that "meal" called lunch or breakfast?