Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #136  
wsw

anagram- i bet you are feeling great about having that paper work done. if i were you, i too would be admiring my bare table where once that pesky paperwork had lain. kudos! hope your busy day goes well. you know i sympathize about sleeping problems. i'm beginning to think my body doesn't even remember how to get a good night's sleep anymore. hope you are able to sleep well tonight.

had dinner with a good friend last night. she and her husband are moving out of town this weekend, and it was very hard saying goodbye to her. i will miss her a lot. i know we will keep in touch, but i sure will miss that in-person contact. big sigh! she and her husband are happy about the move and the positives that it will bring, so i am also happy for them.

today, i am having lunch with my best friend. after this, he will be traveling a lot for business so i won't get to see him as often as i used to. i will miss that too, but again, this is something he is very happy about, and i am pleased for him. doesn't mean i won't miss him a lot though! ah well! i will enjoy the chance to visit with him today, and laugh a lot, as we always do, and not waste time thinking about the future, while missing the present.

i hope i am not speaking too soon, but (fingers crossed!) i think my stomach is getting better. i still ate pretty gently yesterday, but added a few more things back in to my food plan and did ok, so hoping for more of same today. so---regarding jaunt to summer solstice, i have not lost any weight, and am mighty disappointed about that, but will not use that as excuse to quit. i will keep moving forward with re-energized (to take a page from our arabella) food and exercise plan, and will reap the rewards of steadfastness at some point! i know i will! arabella, guess great minds think alike. we were simulposting. i needed to be reminded this morning of the benefits of those deep breaths, and sure enough, as always, they proved to be a big help. hope everyone has good day . take care,all.

Last edited by wsw; 06-19-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #137  
a work in progress...

Hey there! I've been woefully absent from posting for a while... We have been busy busy busy trying to get things together for son's party this Sunday. Plus last weekend was full, with two parties to go to, plus I worked an extra shift last Friday... I stayed til 11:30 and kicked myself the whole time for doing so! My house is in a state of near chaos, hanging on by a thread. I feel like I'm treading water all the time, just trying to keep afloat. Exercise? Pffft. My exercise lately consists of taking the stairs at work up to the second floor each morning to drop some papers off and back down again. I do try to get my lunchtime walk in (20-30 min) when it's not excruciatingly hot. The other day my rearend was just numb from sitting at the computer, so I took myself up the stairs to the 4th floor and back down again. I think I'm gonna try to do that a few times a day, just to boost the circulation/metabolism.

Now that I don't need to drive son to school in the morning, I'm going to try to either get in to work early ~or~ get a walk in before work. I'm thinking I could walk and still get in by 7... Must ponder...

Miraculously, my weight is holding steady at 269... No, it's not the 10# down I wanted by solstice, but I'm just happy it's not UP!

Arabella! Congrats on your story being published!
Anagram...I'm glad the Fitness Center is doing you well...
Andria...Your self awareness is always inspiring to me!
WSW...I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better...
ceara...So good to see you're still hangin' in with us!

These are paltry replies, I know, but I wasn't leaving the computer til I got something/anything posted! I just cleaned out 7 pages of email that I've neglected (most of it crap!) After Sunday, I should be back to regular posting.

Once again, gotta run, but I'm wishing all s sunshine and warm, but not too warm, days, cool nights, lots of flowers and pleasant thoughts until we meet again!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-19-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #138  
wsw

hi kat! good to see you. you sure have been busy. hope son's party on sunday goes well.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #139  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Exclamation oh my gosh -- hard to keep the thread afloat in these support groups

212.6. Oh I am getting tired of this! My scale this a.m. had my body fat at a new low. 36%, which is not exactly athlete-level but only 2% out of the normal range for my age group. I am plenty fat, however

Am still walking the OP path. Not going to let fatigue derail me, nuh-uh.

Not a lot of sleep last night. Just as I was heading off to bed I got an email from the editor at the Globe and Mail telling me that my essay was going to be in on Monday and there was some back and forth emailing about the edits. And then I just flat out could not get to sleep, despite trying everything I could think of. Tonight I'll sleep, though, I bet. TGIF!

Kat, holy smokes! What are you doing for DS' party?

WSW, glad tummy trouble is getting better!

K, lies, let's get out there and win this one!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #140  

Well, no wonder you couldn't sleep last night, Arabella! Yes, you will tonight. I did somewhat better last night. At least I feel a little better today. SO fatigued yesterday afternoon.

And a double would do me in totally, kat. Yes, party details, pls.

wsw, I do wish I had your dainty portions and dainty fingertips to hold on to.

I'm not following the "lost" comments. I just click on the message when I'm notified there's a new post and come right here. Sometimes I don't always get a message - there for a while, it was a couple of weeks (which probably contributed to my absences a bit) but I usually keep an old notification or two around because it makes it simpler. Will have to check out new arrangement.

Well, 206.2 this a.m. but that was a gift. It's the usual ups and downs. The least I've been on this part of the journey was 205.2 and that was only for a brief moment. The highest was 209.6 or something like that. Will go back and check what I was at the beginning of the thread.

My neatness won't last - painters coming this weekend and stuff still out from rug cleaners yesterday (different spaces). Lunching with friend today to plan our "weekend vacation" coming up next week.

Getting warmer but still decent. Will leave all yard work for weekend when painters are here. Same for always accumulating paperwork and other "dumb" stuff. Goils just gotta have fun!

HAPPY SOLSTICE, ies!!!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #141  

So I checked back and it wasn't until after Mother's Day that I posted my weight. It was 206 that day - had been 210 two days before. So I'm about still in the same rut except for that one 205 morning. Last fall, my range was 201-206 so it's definitely up.

Sigh - can't totally get rid of stress, it seems, no matter how I try.

But TRY I MUST - so 'twill improve, 'twill.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #142  

You and me both, Anagram. I'm "officially" down 2 pounds for this challenge and THAT's only because I refuse to accept the 1.6 that I'm up from ticker. It just is not right.

And yet -- we WILL get there. I just keep reminding myself that if I wasn't trying so hard I would definitely have regained lots of weight.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #143  

Well, a loverly Saturday morning here - first one of Summer.

Two fellows are here industriously trying to pull wallpaper off walls. It's been up since about 1974 but still clinging tenaciously. So my weekend will be a leetle different. Doing odds and ends of 'organizing' and going for a little yardwork and some PoP/C time.

So best get to the little yardwork while it's still cool enough - may already be too late.

But must do a "little" so I can say I did and that should earn me some reading time on the patio - even if I'm doing catchup reading rather than the leisurely summer kind. That will come - I have declared that after this work and one more job are done and after the next month of trips and visitors, I, personally, anagram, am taking the remainder of the summer OFF. Devoting it to lazy, languid days, friends, health, mental health, etc. etc.

Do I hear God laughing? Best laid plans and all that...

Last edited by anagram; 06-21-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #144  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

I might lose my head sometimes, but at least I never lose my tiara!

Seriously, I have no clue what's been up with me lately. One day I am fine, on top of the world, ready to face all challenges, and the next... well, that's a whole different story. Getting up and out to the gym seems to be helping a lot. Those days, like today, are the ones where I keep moving, and my mood is definitely a lot lighter. I've been thinking about bumping myself up to 5 days a week at Curves instead of 3, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. You would think I'd get out for a walk on the between days, but I keep finding reasons to crawl back into bed after seeing my husby off to work. Mostly, I think I'm afraid that my feet will start hurting and I'll be back at ground zero again. It isn't an unreasonable fear; I've hurt myself plenty of times by pushing beyond my physical capabilities. Still, I can't find out what I can do if I don't at least try.

The phone started ringing, and I'm all out of time for now. I'll try to get back in later.

Andria
Old 06-21-2008, 12:43 PM   #145  
a work in progress...

That sounds like a perfectly wonderful plan, Miss Anagram! I keep saying to myself, "After this party is over..." then, "after we get the boy off to camp..." (next Saturday! Gone til August!) I am going to do the following things: Go to the beach. Plant some veggies. Clean out the clutter. READ. Go to the gym. Ride my bike. Do yoga. Take an art class.

There's more, but that's just off the top of my head stuff... Funny thing is, there's really no reason (for the most part) that I haven't been able to do any of that up til now. It's all a matter of prioritizing and I seem to have relegated these things to the bottom of the list. Time to put *me* closer to the top!

I have to run, thought I had more time, but I'll try to get back later...if not, I'll DEFINITELY be back Monday!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #146  
wsw

happy 1st day of summer, dear royals! well, i am official at zero lost for this challenge, but have stayed the same, and could indeed be worse. when i looked back at my goals, i was hoping for -6 lbs. i sure was fantasizing there. ah well. all my hard work really will pay off eventually. anyhoo-i treated myself to a couple rental movies today and plan to relax and watch them tonight and tomorrow. i got pretty worn out this past week with several appointments, lots of work on making home situation more user-friendly, etc. so need to take it easy tomorrow, and plan to do just that. saw a good reading list on one of the morning shows this morning, and plan to check out some of the books. ok, speaking of needing some rest, i am getting a little bleary-eyed, so should probably get offline and rest my little peepers. have a good rest of your weekend. take care, all.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #147  
a work in progress...

Default And a successful sizzle it was!

I'm heading out to WW before getting over to set up for the party, but had to stop here to report final results for Solstice Sizzle... today's weight 264, for a grand total of 14 lbs off since April....
Old 06-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #148  
wsw

congrats, kat, on all those pounds down! woo-hoo!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #149  

Question Whither now, Faire Queenies?

212. From my perspective, it could have been a less successful challenge. Sigh. It becomes apparent that, despite keeping up a fair amount of effort, I haven't been trying hard enough to lose any significant weight. So... new focus on emulating WSW's dainty portions. I managed last night at dinner. That's the last piece of the puzzle, I think. Eating less -- who'da thunk it?

Friday afternoon I succumbed to crackers and felt crappy for it yesterday, tired and depressed. Ugh. That's why I don't eat wheat, for sure.

BUT. Onward! The sun's arrived here with summer and I think it'll go a long way towards the reenergization campaign. I swear, I'm going to go out and bask this afternoon. Too self-conscious to do yard work half-nekkid

Got my 10k almost in already and done a set of tai chi. Thinking to do some gardening this aft. I have actually been making progress with my 3 sq. ft a day plan. Usually ends up being more and it looks so tidy when it's all mulched. Where's that "patting self on back" smiley?

Kat, you are the Solstice Huzzah, huzzah for your fabulous results Here's to more Kat time when your boyo is away

WSW, hope you're having a blissfully relaxing day!

Andria, I hear you on that mood thing. Holy crap, do I ever. It's so much work keeping mood and motivation up. I keep reminding myself that once I get going it always seems kind of easy. Just gotta push to get going...

Anagram, may the force be with you for taking your summer off! Surely we must get God onside for such a worthy cause!

What would everyone think about a 21-day challenge? Or what other ideas do people have about where to go from here?

Have a joyous day, lies!

Last edited by Arabella; 06-22-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #150  

Smile Fresh start Monday!

211.4. Ok... now to get under ticker

My essay's in the Globe and Mail today. There's a very cute cartoon with it, too, in the paper version. I think the link is only good for a day (tomorrow there'll be a new essay by someone else ) but if anyone misses it and wants to see the essay, I'll attach.

I had a successful weekend and am a little surprised to STILL be fighting to get under ticker. Spent about three hours gardening yesterday. Could be under tomorrow, though. Yes, hope springs eternal. I've been cutting back on portions

I'm thinking I might join the 21-day challenge thread and start a new Summer Palace thread for the queenly folk.

Let's get out there and make this a good one!
Closed Thread