Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

Happy Sunday, dear s!

Sounds like fun is being had with all those reporting in thus far! I had a fair amount of fun today, though we ended up NOT doing what I wanted to do, which was to go out/buy/plant some pansies. I just need a bit of color to tide me over til it's a wee bit warmer...

Instead, my sis and I headed down to Mom's, met our sister-in-law there, and the four of us went out for lunch. I had a fabulous Greek salad with grilled shrimp, and though my portion wasn't anywhere near dainty, it was very healthy and very good! We had a lot of laughs, so that counts as fun!

WI this a.m. yielded a nice 2lb loss, bringing me to a grand total of 22# off! I am beyond pumped and so motivated to bust through the "70s" and down into the "60s"! BUT... I'm not looking that far ahead, gotta just keep doing the right things and all good things will come to pass.

I need to do a little ironing now. I'm hoping to get 5 outfits ready to go for the week, freeing up some time before work to possibly get a walk in...or...with some serious planning and early bedtime, a trip or two to the gym. Call me crazy, but it's worth a shot.

Hoping all are having and/or have had a great weekend! See you tomorrow!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #17  

Pouing outside tonight. Lightning and all that. Means I won't have to water my grass seed which is good because I won't get to do it for a good while.

I too am sorry the job didn't pan out, andria, but we s always know that there is something better coming. Add me to the dressing room list - was almost enough to discourage me from the Q offer. I've been there twice before (ages ago) and found it most delightful so that and just the plain kindness of the offer make it most appealing.

I wish I had your dainty portions down too, wsw. Sounds like you had fun.
And, kat, sounds like you're plans are coming together. When is Ireland on the agenda?

And a Woods Woggle? Hurrah, it must be spring. I have the Patio of Peace and Contentment up and almost running. Sat out there yesterday for a bit and fell very soundly asleep. Catching up on sleep here too, Arabella. Didn't get out of bed until 8:30 this a.m. - unheard of!

Got a nice walk in in the park yesterday plus some yard work. My walk today was in the mall (rain) - didn't buy anything but would have liked to find something to buy. Azaleas starting to bloom, violets in the grass, dogwood ready to burst out too. So the second wave coming in as daffs, early tulips fading already. We've had exceptionally warm temps so some things might be a bit earlier than usual. amazing though - how spring brings people back to life as well as plants. Everything getting SO green.

Will be leaving in the morning - don't know for how long but it means more face time with the princesses so 'tis good.

I think I'll just toddle on to bed and let the packing till morning - I had all good intentions of tackling closets today -sigh...................another time will have to do. No ambition left.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:30 PM   #18  
a work in progress...

Sooooo tired...but I wanted to get in here to get my daily post in! So far so good this week. <all two days of it> I've walked both days, food has been stellar. I guess my fun for the day was the 2nd walk I took, around my favorite park, after work. Surrounded by cherry trees in full bloom, tulips and daffodils bobbing in the breeze, kids flying kites, birds chirping merrily...what glorious day!

It was just my daughter and I this evening for dinner, so we ordered some Japanese take out. We dined on seaweed salad and a couple of California rolls as we watched No Country For Old Men. I've had it sitting there so long now, Netflix will be wondering if they're ever gonna get it back! Well, now they will. Good movie, very intense. If you like Fargo, you'll like this too.

Anagram, have a wonderful time in P'ville!
Arabella, Indian buffet? Oh yum, maybe that will be next on 'girl's night!' Although we don't have a buffet...I will settle for take out!
wsw, Sounds like you've been rewarded for your dainty eating with a loss! Perseverance pays!
Andria, Nice numbers there, girlfriend! I'm very impressed, and that many steps with negligible pain? Good going!
Kaylets, I never heard of "I Can Make You Thin," but it sounds like something I'd watch! Is it on Bravo or one of those channels?
ceara, Doggies keeping you busy? Come out, come out!

I finally bought a pedometer the other day, but I cheaped out and got the less expensive one, thinking I don't need all the bells and whistles, but I really don't think this one works right. It kept resetting, or it just doesn't count right. I think I'll be getting the pricier one now, like I should have the first time!!!

Okay, I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams, s!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 04-21-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #19  
a work in progress...

Me again!

Another fine day hereabouts. Got my walk in at lunch time, but I'm heading outside in a minute for a little more exercise and some fun--yardwork! I do think that's fun!

I'm keeping my food in check on a regular basis lately. Maybe I've acquired some new habits? Go figure. Dainty portions seem to be doing the trick for me these days. Small meals all day long--I've had five already today! A serious change for the girl who couldn't imagine not piling her plate a mile high! Even when I was eating "well," volume played a big part in keeping me satisfied. I think the difference now is that I know I can eat again in two or three hours if need be, so just an orange or just 2T of hummus w/celery and carrot sticks really does suffice!

Wow, it feels good to be in control...

Okay, I'm burnin' daylight here...Here's hoping that all royal persons are having a great day!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 04-22-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:11 AM   #20  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Red face Gotta hop back on...

Well, my total focus and clarity seems to have slipped a bit and I realize this is how I maintain. Which is not my goal, nope. I made those black bean brownies and then ate A LOT of them on Monday. Yesterday afternoon was stressful and then I sat down and ate three more of them. Got to nip this in the bud. Or the solstice will find me where I am, more or less.

Exercise is good. I've been getting in my 10k steps at least, ran again yesterday and getting in a set of tai chi each day. Y'know, I really think the fun and meditation aspects are what i most need to work on. And building a habit of taking a moment when I'm pressed and stressed and getting myself calm and centered again.

There. That's where I am.

Kat, we liked "No Country for Old Men" too -- quite the bad guy, wasn't he. Very interesting movie.

Sounds like you're doing fabulously!

Anagram, the Patio of P&C sounds so lovely, as does your yard. We're still on crocuses and snowdrops here, but bit by bit...

How goeth it with all other ies? I'm hereby making a commitment to get in here every day and report, even if just one sentence. Anyone else game?

Let's make this a good one!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #21  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Wow, the negative talk has been spinning so hard and fast in my head. I'm really struggling to keep positive. It probably has a lot to do with having some trouble breathing. I'm still trying to do all I can, but my lungs are being hateful (mild bronchial spasms) if I even go up one flight of stairs. And even though I've been working really hard every day, my weight is fluctuating all over the map. I have this hard work = immediate reward thing stuck in my head.
I have to get off the puter and get to my next round of classes, but I really needed to drop in and share. If nothing else, it helps to unload a bit. Plus, writing it out reminds me of what I'm supposed to do when I start to feel this way. Mantra, mantra, mantra!
So, back to it for me. Thanks for having the bigtime positive vibe going on in the castle. It is really keeping me from straying off track right now!

Andria
Old 04-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #22  
wsw

hello royals! have been experiencing some pesky "ms technical difficulties," but wanted to check in briefly, and say hi. have remained op, and am exercising as much as am able. well, will be back when i am able to write better. in meantime, i'm thinking of you all, and it is bringing a big smile to my face. take care.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #23  

Checking in!
I'm on limited time again (conference period), but I wanted to relax while I can and spend a few moments in the castle.
I've been noticing this interesting cycle for myself of late. I set a new goal when I'm on top of the world and feeling great, and the first time I run into an obstacle, I find myself diving straight into the depths of despair. I spend some time there wallowing in pity for how hard I work and how little I receive in relation to the work I do, and then I actually take a look at what I'm doing. What I usually come to realize is that I think I'm working hard, but I'm only working SOME things really hard. I might do a ton of steps one day, but that day I probably also stepped out of bounds several times with food. I might do super with food another day, but I don't always get in the steps I promised myself. It goes back and forth. There isn't the consistency necessary to really meet my goal. I'm out of balance. Balance, balance, balance...
There have been a ton of interruptions here, and I'm out of time. Sorry. I am reading and thinking about all of you. Hopefully there will be time to respond soon.

Andria
Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

Just keep plodding along, Andria...the days when the food is great and the steps only so-so, and vice versa, balance each other out! Rejoice for the days that you get it all right, but just keep going. You're losing weight. Maybe not as quickly as you'd like, <and who ever does lose as quickly as we'd like?> but you are doing it! Just keep on keepin' on!

This will be quick... We had a department meeting tonight after work that was 3 hours long! Interesting stuff shared, and they fed us, but come on! As soon as I got home I fixed my salad for lunch tomorrow. (gotta stop paying $3.50 for cafeteria salad each day when mine are cheaper and much better!) I always bring something with me to nibble on though. My co-workers must think I do nothing but eat all day! All good stuff though. Fruit, veggies, walnuts, Fiber One cereal... I get my walk in every day at lunchtime. I need to do more, I know, but I feel good that I'm getting that done at least.

Um, Arabella? Is there a recipe that you'd be willing to share for said black bean brownies? I'm intrigued...

It's almost 11, I still need to iron, so time for me to say "ta ta..."

Hang in there, the weekend's almost here!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #25  

Thank you, Kat! How did you know I was toying with the idea of just giving it all up? I think that must be part of the vicious cycle I put myself in; instead of letting the frustrations out, I allow them to build until I just throw in the towel. And I've been pretty much to the point where I'm beating myself up over nothing at all.
Right now I'm revamping my entire lifestyle over to something healthier, more active, and entirely sustainable. There will be weeks I don't lose weight, no matter how hard I try. There will be weeks when the scale tips up instead of down. I need to remember our Valentine's lessons and remember to be kind to myself and to give my body and my mind time to adjust. But I am unhappy, no denying it. I am having massive issues with my body. I'm losing weight, but it isn't enough to fit into new clothes, and my old ones aren't fitting right. I've been trying to make myself go out and shop because I'm bound to find a couple of things that look decent, but every time I think about the whole process I get depressed instead. Ugh!
So... schools are closed down today for a huge Fiesta parade. I'd love to go, but I hear it is too insane for words down there. My plan instead is to get my happy backside out of the house within the next 15 minutes and get driving toward the nearest big chick clothing store. I have two hours until my sweetie is off work and heading home, and two hours will hopefully be long enough to find a couple of professional-looking items that aren't winter weight and that I actually feel good about wearing. Call it my reward for losing 15 pounds. Call it practice at loving and caring for myself. Call it necessary! Yeah, this is taking some serious build up. I'd rather sit here and cry than go face rack upon rack of clothes that won't fit me.

wsw, sorry to hear you are having troubles. I hope you know what an inspiration you are! No matter what, you just keep working it, and my excuses seem so insignificant in comparison.

Arabella, I'm with Kat--please share the brownie recipe! They sound intriguing, to be sure. And in case you didn't notice, I took up your challenge with a vengeance. I am more likely to stay off the boards when I'm struggling, which makes no sense whatsoever. When I am struggling is when I NEED to be here!

Anagram, The garden sounds wonderful and so does face time with the princesses. I could be all about a Patio of P&C. Actually, sounds like my sweetie has something like that in mind for the back yard. I think we need to get the front yard looking like something first, though. We did plant a rose bush, does that count?

I'm one minute over already. *groan* I need an eject button from the computer chair. Time to change my attitude and start expecting to find something lovely for myself. Smart, beautiful women deserve good things in life... *mantra*mantra*mantra*

Andria
Old 04-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #26  

Red face What is WRONG with me?!!!

That was a bit of a rhetorical -- I know what the issue is: I have an impulsive/compulsive disorder. Yup. Must remember that and work the coping mechanisms.

I've been battling it all week. I think it was those brownies -- I'm blaming the honey, which seemed to make me crave-y. I think they could be a really good thing to have on hand... but NOT if one eats the panful singlehandedly (almost) in 4 days, which is pretty much what I did.

Also had a couple of days that I didn't get in all my steps.

Aaaaaannnnyway, I'm back on top today and planning to stay there by employing all my strategies. And reminding myself that it'll be easier after a few days on plan.

Here's that recipe. I do think that agave syrup would make them lower GI and not be so crave-inducing while still being really delicious. I substituted virgin coconut oil (which is supposed to be very helpful for weight loss and lots of other things) for the butter and added a little salt. They'd make a great torte for a special dessert with a little whipped cream and some fruit.

Andria, Giving up isn't really a viable option, is it. And, really, every little bit makes SO much difference. Onward, ies!

Kat, a 3-hour meeting AFTER work? Brutal! How are you liking your new job and schedule in general?

WSW, hope you're back up to speed soon! Your smile made me smile!

Anagram, are you home again?

Kaylets, Ceara?

Have a fabulous weekend, Lovelies!

Last edited by Arabella; 04-25-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #27  

Just stopping in for a quick hi until I have time to read all more slowly and catch up.

DDs procedure seems to have worked well enough and I'm playing catchup here like mad. Loved the walkie description from kat. Dogwoods in bloom here as well along w/pink tulips under the pink one and azaleas are starting. Must go do at least a tiny bit of yard/fun.

To be nice today/tomorrow yet and then back to rainy/cold so I must get at least a little outside in today/tomorrow. I'm not REALLY that far behind but it's amazing what four days away will do.

But I am in the BESTEST mood so it's all worth it, isn't it?

Old 04-26-2008, 01:10 PM   #28  

Thumbs up Saturday in the Palace

And all is well. I'm back on track, doing what I need to do. I had a very nice woggle in the woods today, 15 minutes walking, 45 minutes woggling. I SHALL triumph!

We're going to SIL & BIL's for dinner tonight. They're usually pretty good in terms of healthfulness. And I don't have that "want to indulge" feeling, which is helpful. Sometimes I feel like I'm defeated before I start when I've got a social event that involves food. When I'm OP, I don't see it as a problem but otherwise it feels like a minefield. I'm keeping my wits about me tonight, I am.

Ah, Anagram! The bestest mood is worth everything! I'm feeling pretty darn good myself today.

Hope all lies are having a wonderful day. Let's behave like the royalty we are, shall we?
Old 04-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #29  
a work in progress...

Smile Happy Saturday!

What a day I've had...cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. A good dent was made, but there's much to be done yet. I just came in from food shopping, am currently procrastinating on dinner prep...

In a fit of nostalgia for my night friends and the lust for overtime, I signed on to work tonight. Am I dreading it now! I just want to get on the couch and veg for the rest of the night, but now I need to nap. Oh well, it will just re-affirm that I made the right move, going to the daylight! It will be good to see some old friends though.

If I haven't said it lately, my new job is wonderful and I'm learning something new everyday. Good to get the brain waves moving in a new direction and put them to work! Plus the hours are great and this weather has been so cooperative. I'm realizing how lucky I was to be able to start in the Springtime and not in the gloom of winter... bundling up to shovel a path to the car and scrape windshields before work would definitely have harshed my buzz!

Tomorrow morning WW, bright and early. At least I'll be up! I am expecting good things, but will reserve excitement til the official number is in...

I hate to make this so short, but I do need to eat something and hit the sack.

Greetings to all queenly folk, here's hoping your weekend is everything you want/need it to be!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 04-26-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #30  

Thumbs up And it's Sunday

We had fun last night although it was one of those evenings where dinner's so late that "cocktail hour" stretches to three and we drink more wine than we wish we had. Other than too much wine, though, stellar behavior and that's two solid good days under my belt. Today will be another.

We slept in until 7, having been out until the unheard-of hour of midnight. So we decided to have brekkies before walk. We're going to go round the harbour and go move some stuff in DH's office. Looks beautifully sunny out there and not too cold (if not exactly warm).

Kat, I'm envious of your cleaning if not the working. It would take me a solid week of cleaning, cleaning, cleaning to get this place really clean. Generally, I keep it at a level I can just about stand. The plan: Pick away at it until, bit by bit, it gets done.

Time for walkies, I think. Have a splendid Sunday, ies!
Closed Thread