Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:53 AM   #91  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Day 9

And for no good reason, 214 again. Nevertheless, I know I was on track yesterday, so it will not last. I may have to really push the water *glug* and limit carbs a bit more in these last couple of days pre-official WI.

I've got DGS and had his cousin over to play with him yesterday. I need to handle that better -- they're like a two-kid mob. My nerves! As soon as they arrived they headed into my flower beds and started picking blossoms and bringing them to me, one flower at a time, as a sort of competitive sport. Slamming in and out of the house. I've got to get smarter about this, somehow... I end up feeling like I've been through the mill. Maybe I'll suggest that they play at her place for a while...

Not a great night's sleep last night and then woke up around 4 but I seem to feel pretty much normal. Hope it lasts!

I got my 12500 steps two out of the last three days.

WSW, your list doesn't sound dorky at all! Or if it does, I'm your dorky company, anyway. Many times in my life I've started big checklists of a bunch of behaviors that I want to do to start feeling like my life is on track. And it works. Hmmm... thanks for the reminder!

K, Dollings, let's get out there and make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 05-21-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:39 AM   #92  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Fly by posting! Had to drop in and change my ticker for the week.
Everything is going well at school, but I'm already feeling overwhelmed with grading work. The first day I was hit with 180 big old study guides to grade and no key to work off of. There will be another 180 arriving Friday as well as a bunch of tests, so I'm hustling to get it all done. My students miss their teacher, and they are taking it out on me a bit, but overall, I'm winning them over bit by bit.
Nice thing about being busy is that there isn't even a chance to eat anything I shouldn't.

Andria
Old 05-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #93  
wsw

dealing with some big issues which are causing me a lot of stress now, and have been trying to write about what is going on in order to help me clarify. also am having to explain more to my close friends about more recent ms progression, and not really looking forward to doing that---not because my friends aren't caring, but i guess because it makes it more real for me, and i have to start thinking/looking into some assistance, etc. anyway, there is just a bunch of yucky stuff which i would rather not have to deal with, but no choice, so in to the muck, i must wade. bleh!!! as anagram puts it so well, a queen's gotta do what a queen's gotta do!! this queen, however, would prefer to hide under the bed, but since i don't fit underneath, i guess i will just go ahead and meet a few issues head on instead. i think i should at least get to lose some weight as some consolation, but plateau is still in progress. soon, though, ----soon my hard work will pay off in that area. well, on to checking in to some of that difficult territory now. take care, royals.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #94  
a work in progress...

Default Aaaaaaand, once again...

It's Day One! I actually almost got to Day Three, but a late night tussle with some Oreos sent me marching back to the beginning. I fell asleep on the couch last night, and woke around 12:30. On my way to bed I thought, "Oh, $#!+, let me just do those dishes in the sink..." Silly, silly me... thinking I could resist those brown beauties sitting in the CLEAR, so I can see what's in there, cookie jar. They taunted me and tantalized me, and in my weakened, tired state of mind, I gave in. "Just a serving, and I'll count the points," thought I. The angel on my shoulder, the voice of reason, must have been fast asleep. She was not concerned about dishes. Her arch nemesis, was WIDE awake, however, and he was hungry! One serving would not appease his insatiable Oreo lust. So I had 8. (edited to add, 8 cookies, not servings! That would be 24--not that that has never happened!) With a glass of milk. (1%, of course!)

I would hang my head in shame, BUT! As soon as I was done, and before the massive guilt could consume me and render me totally out of control, I came right in here, recorded every morsel in my handy dandy tracker, and realized that I actually have the "Weekly Points" to cover my indiscretion!

So I may be back on Day One, but I didn't lose complete control! I lost the battle, but I didn't lose the war!

That, I believe, is what's making a difference this time around. Seeing the BIG PICTURE.

THE END.

Last edited by katrinabgood; 05-22-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 AM   #95  
a work in progress...

Default Early AM edition

Not to completely dominate the thread with all the ME ME ME talk, but apparently my many forays into Day 1-ville have given me an un-official weight this morning of 268! I haven't seen the '60s' in many's the year! I've lost almost all of my "night shift gain!"

Enough about me, Leslie Sansone is in my living room, calling me to come join her! I'll write a better post after work...

Have a great day, all!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 05-22-2008 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #96  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Red face Just checkin' in! :0

I'm here!

Just trying to catch up...only on page three now...you guys are busy!.

I have been gone nearly every week-end except the few I've had to work. Am off again tomorrow very early to K'zoo for a show and then over to Bloomington for the next 2 days. Good thing I like to drive!

Food is good, exercise is terrible but I am lower than I was when I started this journey, and higher than last June. However....I know how that feels and I want it again. Can you be addicted to a weight?

Andria I feel for you on that cycle thingy...page 2...you feel like you've lost a gazillion pounds and the scale sez .5!!!!! However, it is a balancing act as Kat sez, and we can only do the best we can. Some days our best is just better than others!

I'll be back...dogs to dry, they've been bathed this am, packing to do, clothes and car, grooming to do. I am tired just thinking on it!

Old 05-22-2008, 01:04 PM   #97  

Unhappy Day 10. Ho-hum.

Okay. So this means I've wrangled myself back to last Friday's WI weight? NOT how i envisioned this, nuh-uh. But I've been on track every day, it will come off (and I believe I've seen this scenario before?). Who knows, maybe I'll get one of those overnight swooshes tonight? In any case, onward!

We've got our first sunny day in ages. Not really warm but not cold exactly. I had a good this morning and did my full set of Still feeling a bit dreary though. I'll see what I can do to perk me up. (And I really will, not just saying it. This time.)

WSW, you continue to amaze and inspire -- you're my hero! When I think of my pitiful efforts to keep my spirits afloat, combined with my truly petty problems... wow. Now if I could take that inspiration and put in the work, well...

I'm so sorry to hear that the MS has progressed and you've got some hard decisions to make but I admire you so much for coming in and telling us about it. I swear, it takes next to nothing to make me want to crawl under the bed -- it's only my dread fear of dust bunnies (well, they are large enough to have their own zip codes) that keeps me out.

You're so right - the plateau will end and all those sticky fluffies will be gone in a swoosh!

Andria WTG!!! Look at you, 17 pounds off already this year!

Kat, ummm... if you had the points available, doesn't that count as a successful day? An 8-cookie tumble and then right back on track? HIGH FIVE, GF!!!!

Congrats on being in virgin territory -- hope to join you there tomorrow! I'm hoping not to put down roots this time. Let's keep rollin'...

Ceara! I'm so happy to see you back in the Palace. Was about to send out search party (remembering that you turned down the offer of a St. Bernard last time, even with brandy). How does your garden grow?

Well. My site director just emailed me and suggested I take tomorrow and Monday off. It hasn't quite sunk in yet but I know I could use the break and will start getting myself into the proper mode to take advantage of it!

Let's make this one count!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:31 PM   #98  

Well, after Day 1, Day 1, Day 1, etc. I was 205 this a.m. which is probably better than I deserve. Nice walk in already today though.

Lots of congrats to lots of s re losses and goals. Truly inspiring. As is your determination to face nasty issues, wsw.

"I do think that I'm held down by some sort of low-grade depression a lot of the time. Tied in with fatigue." Ah, Arabella, my soul sister. I think I've been so busy denying I'm depressed that it's only recently I've been considering I might have the "lgd" of which you speak. Only I don't know which came first - the d or the f. I too find movement and action my only real recourse to pulling my way out. Same with anger or any other kind of upset. I allow me to "feel" it for a little bit and then say "ok, kiddo, let's get going". Hard though sometimes when so tired out.

Howdy, ceara, totally missed your royal self. Andria - not even a key? Yikes.

Ever wonder, Arabella, how you managed to raise a kid before? I do. I'm so worn out sometimes with my DGDs I can't recall how I managed to raise two myself. I guess it's spelled Y O U T H.

I too was relieved when Little League, Brownies, dance reitals and band concerts were over but it's a bit different now. These are my GRANDKIDS! and, of course, they're perfect (I wish - see above).

Your cooking spree made me hungry, kat. Good job though on making your life easier. And on having enough points for a good SAVE.

And congrats and ENJOY to Arabella on her unexpected days off. What a treat!

With that, I'm heading to some easy paperwork. Then, I think, just a puttering day. Have the dining room table half cleared off. Some really old stuff there.

Last edited by anagram; 05-22-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #99  

I am so confused. Did I miss something, or are there just a ton of our posts missing?
I'll come back later to see if things are straightened out.

Andria
Old 06-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #100  

Ok, there is a post about a major crash and a lot of posts were lost. My head hurts much less now. Still, I had convinced myself that the missing posts were all a figment of my tired imagination and that I had to go back to bed, and that still sounds like a freakishly awesome idea. I'll be back later.

Andria
Old 06-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #101  

Yep, I had tried several times recently to get on site - got a couple of "cannot displays" and then a "site closed for maintenance" so figured something was up. Glad to know where they went. Too bad they were the recent ones, not our five year old posts

Really good day yesterday including a walk at the cemetery and other exercising. almost back to my lowest [I]recent weight. Getting swelling down in legs too. Onward.....

Watered blossoms in early morning cool = sorting through shoes - so many I can no longer wear and I figure I've given it 15 months since foot surgery so foot's about as good as it's going to get. And the floor of the closet will be one more place I can keep looking at

Nothing much on the agenda besides the "daily" and then a grad party this evening. Hope it's inside with all the nasty weather we're expecting. Nothing on for tomorrow either besides church. Hope to work on trip plans/clothing/etc and also figure out models of TV converters for the digital waves. My gov. coupons expire in less than two weeks. Most of my tvs are on cable but two in bedrooms aren't so I'm going to try this route.

Made big salad again yesterday - will enjoy all weekend. Life's so much easier that way. Esp in heat.

So - off to the closet and finishing up one part of the job anyway. Still hate to part with even the old ones and we won't even discuss the almost unworn shoes. But SUCK IT UP, y, or you'll lose your crown. Get it suspended anyway. So off I go.................

Last edited by anagram; 06-07-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #102  
a work in progress...

And here I thought it was me! Busy, busy week. I've stayed mostly true to plan, but couldn't actually say 100%... but I'm not going to dwell upon it as "failure," that makes it too easy for me to just chuck the whole thing all together and give up. Nay, I will view the few indiscretions as "bumps in the road" and focus on moving forward.

Hopefully, I'll get back in later, but I'd really like to get my hiney outside, to play in the dirt, now... seeing as I've frittered most of the morning away, drinking coffee and surfing the 'net!

Have a great Saturday, faire s!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #103  
wsw

quickie check-in to say hi. going out for dinner for friend's husband's birthday. i looked up the website for restaurant, so should be prepared with what i will order and can stay op without much trouble. this heat is just wearing me out, so am needing to rest until evening plans. take care, all. thinking ofyou.

Last edited by wsw; 06-07-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #104  

Default Well. Even my ticker's back to where it was

214.4 this morning, for no good reason. I'm resetting my ticker to my official weight, though, 214 and 213 bedarned.

And my laptop's got gremlins -- cursor keeps moving around in the text. I'll be typing merrily along and suddenly the cursor will move somewhere else and put the letters there. If anyone's thinking of getting a computer with Vista, don't do it!

We're going to dinner at our best friend couple's tonight. They've just returned from a 5-week trip to Italy and England. Ahhh to be retired -- with plenty of cash

Did my woods woggle this morning and some yoga, did the shopping and now... where did the day go? I'm going to have to get a move on if I'm going to accomplish anything much. Then again I may just make my peace with lolling.

Anagram, we're twinning on the shoes, too. I've got lots of hardly worn, never will be worn pairs. I'm going to donate them. And buy some new ones Which I actually need. I saw some Dansko sandals on ebay that looked like they'd be just the thing...

Andria, hope the nap helps!

WSW, you're so on the ball! I like to do that too. And it makes so much difference when I've got a game plan. Have fun!

Kat, hope you got your playing in the dirt time. Bet your yard's gorgeous! I tend to get overwhelmed at how much weeding mine needs and never get started. Still, I did make a vow to clear and mulch a few feet at a time and if I can make myself do that, there might be hope.

K, lies, have a glorious weekend!

Old 06-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #105  

GOOD MORNIN', GALSIES!

Not too bad yesterday, except for some party indiscretions. Took life VERY easy, still got some things done, party was fun so that goal met. Sometimes the hardest one.

Time to start my yardwork circuit over again. Not showing enough color yet for as early as I put things in and weeds starting up here and there. Must cut them down before they get too "showy". Watered annuals this a.m. and yesterday so they make it through this parching time. Been "watering" me well as well.

A day of no plans again except for church. Salad waiting in fridge. More clothing planning likely. Don't think I'll feel like any of the things I "should' do. Maybe that's a PLAN - do only what I want again today as long as I keep some activity, some exercising, decent food choices. The calming effect of two "no plan" weekends in a row is amazing, relaxing, good for my body.

Had my patio of P/T time already as well. This could shape up to be a good day.

What are we going to "twin" next, Arabella? Too hot here for much.

Just had a scare - thought I was about to lose post. So off I close.

Closed Thread