Old 06-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #151  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

try the soy & yogurt smoothie... the 25 grams of protein in it keeps you really satisfied, & fills ya up I am replacing 2 meals a day... try it replacing 1 meal just to see ... cuz soy is also sposed to lower your cholesterol also...

check out this article:http://www.************.com/soyprotein.html

Last edited by curlylocks; 06-07-2008 at 12:16 AM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #152  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

I think you may be right curly.... but I would have to use Whey protein because I have a huge can of it lol... I was doing a shake every morning, but have really gotten out of that habit. I know, somewhere on this computer, I have the drink recipes that Petra posted a while back. I'm going to see if I can find those.

lol they blocked your posting that site.

P.S. What are you doing up this late????

Last edited by iwmonn; 06-07-2008 at 12:26 AM.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Yes, the server crashed and they lost about 2 weeks of data. We'll all live.

I got my lab work back yesterday. My cholesterol is looking good. Total cholesterol is down to 192, LDL down to 137 from about 160 so I have managed to avoid meds. Even if I'm not losing weight, the diet has achieved some of its goals.

Dee-here are two of my favorite smoothie recipes. 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen peaches, 1 scoop strawberry whey protein, and 1/2 cup milk and 2 tbsp sugar free davinci syrup if you have it. I think it would be fine without it. This is about 425 calories so it would be a meal replacement. It is zone perfect (40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat)

1.5 cups chocolate calorie countdown milk, 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp peppermint extract and a few ice cubes. That one is low calorie as well (about 250). This is not zone perfect. 22%carb, 47% protein, 31% fat.

I had some professional pictures of the dogs taken. They are too big to post as attachments here. If you want to see them: http://picasaweb.google.com/mcmsbelle They are under Tricia's pictures. Tricia is the photographer who took them.

Last edited by petra65; 06-07-2008 at 09:18 AM.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #154  
Staying in 1derland!

ehh sometimes i just can't get to sleep.. well heres what i do with the soy protein.. oh btw what flavor do you have?

i just add @ 1 cup milk, then @ 6 oz yogurt, the powder,... then run the blender to mix it up... then add @ 7 or 8 ice cubes and use ice crush to moosh it all together...

and i have been taking the one a day weight loss vitamins each day.

some days i would really like to have a real dinner ... but i made a deal with my self if i make it thru the entire week i can have whatever my mom makes for dinner on sunday...

i was really suprised.. it really has cut off my junk cravings... i was even able to walk to the snack machine with a girl at work and not induldge... she said come on.. i will get ya something what do you want? i said no i am gonna stay on my program! but the smoothies just seem to fill you up and you stay satisfied...

then at lunch i would have my salad or a low carb wrap with turkey, swiss cheese and salad mix on it.... then i would be full till dinner, and drink my dinner smoothie when i get home,

like i mentioned i am gonna try to keep this going until i am back to 235 where i left off or maybe until 199.... then i will just replace 1 meal per day...

works well for replacing breakfast cuz you can mix it up and drink it on the way to work
Old 06-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #155  
Staying in 1derland!

petra: love the shots on the beach!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #156  

I have a low carb smoothie recipe book so let me know if you get bored and I'll give you some suggestions. I've tried quite a few. There's only a couple I haven't liked. I have some that include coffee granules if you are into that.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #157  
Staying in 1derland!

well today has gone well.. i had some concerns cuz it is much easier to stay op during work days... but no problems, the smoothies were refreshing today... since the temp combined with the humidity was 107!

i am sure by week 3 i will be ready for some smoothie suggestions.. but ya know i am the weirdo who can eat exactly the same thing for months..

its really strange.. i have some radishes in my garden ready to pick,

i planted zuchini, yellow squash,onions, carrots, cherry tomato, regular tomato and lettuce an entire salad.... but looks like everything is in different stages... the lettuce is the size of clover right now
Old 06-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #158  
Remember Why I'm Here

thanks for the ideas, ladies. I never know exactly what to put in a shake. I'm afraid of all the fruit, but I've been eating it a lot anyways..... I'll try some of those on my days off or the days I go in later

I just picked up a carton of Calorie Countdown which I just mix with the powder- it's quick and I don't have much cleanup lol. BTW curly- I have a vanilla flavor powder.

I found a post linking to a site with 70 different protein shake recipes. I don't know about you guys but I'm thinking that having a scoop of ice cream in my shake kind of negates my purpose LOL...

Petra~ Beautiful photos. I love the one with the profiles!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #159  

Dee-here's one with vanilla protein powder that I really liked and is probably low calorie also. 1 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup calorie countdown milk, 2 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder, 1/2 tsp crystal light lemonade mix. You could probably adjust the protein and lemonade mix amounts to suit your nutritional and taste needs. It tastes like lemon cream.

curly-I'm contemplating your suggestion of replacing at least one meal a day with a shake. I have enough recipes that it would take awhile to get bored with it and it might help me get the scale moving. I'm seriously starting to believe that my problem is sleep deprivation. I've never had this kind of problem losing weight before but I've also not been this sleep deprived since I was in residency. Coincidence?

Last edited by petra65; 06-08-2008 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #160  
Staying in 1derland!

Petra.. it seems to be working for me.. and i sure don't mind not having to find something for dinner, washing dishes etc. i can see where it will get boring, but i made a deal that if i do it all week, on sunday i can have dinner with the family and eat whatever i want for that 1 meal, tho i noticed this past sunday that i did limit my serving of "evil carbs" to a very small serving. but the thought of that sunday meal gets me thru the week..

i think the idea of not eating "bad carbs" ie: bread, potatoes ever is too limiting and when you finally eat them you just want more... i think if i go thru the week with the mind set that if i stay op all week .. that on sunday and only on sunday at that one meal i can have whatever i want..... now when that meal is over thats it... no more till the next sunday no exceptions.......

it also gives you a lot to think about ... during the week ... "do i really want what i am craving? will it be worth waiting all week for? but i think its just the idea that if you really want something you know in your mind you can have it on sunday.... instead of thinking .. "no ____ (fill in blank) ever!!!!

oddly i have been sleeping better since the soy shakes ... hmmm

i did one with key lime yogurt and it was yummy! tylenol pm is my friend also...

after tuesday i will be a pirate for a few days... i have a cyst on my lower eyelid, and have to go in tuesday morning for op surgery to remove it.. dr says a stitch or 2 but i have to wear the patch for a day or two........ then in a few weeks go back for the opposite eye which has a twin!

my friend just bought a 15 foot albacore sailboat so guess i will have to learn to sail now... oh and a p.s. i got a real kick out of.. my friend saw my short hairct and said i look like jamie lee curtis...

i was thinking yeah .... i look like her all right if she gained 100 lbs

Last edited by curlylocks; 06-10-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #161  
Remember Why I'm Here

I went to the Dr. yesterday.... and my A1c was slightly up. Tho, I have lost 16 lbs since my last appointment. Yayyyy. Cholestorol is still ok thanks to the drugs lol. I'm back to writing food down again. Yesterday wasn't great but I'm calling it my last hurrah.

Today I wore a shirt I got last year that I didn't try on before I got it home. At the time I could hardly get it on it was sooooo tight. Today it fits!!!!! I found a pair of jeans in my drawer that I couldn't get over my hips a year ago. They are still tight, but I can button and zip them AND I can comfortably sit in them heheheheh. I'm not seeing the difference in my spandex shorts pics..... but I am seeing it in the way my clothes fit. BTW, I'm still searching for the answer about WHY I own spandex shorts?!?!?!?!?!

Have a great day ladies!!
Dee~
Old 06-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #162  
Staying in 1derland!

that's awesome!!!!!!! i think i may have a few pairs of spandex shorts also ! i like them for walking cuz they are made of that stuff that wicks the sweat away.. i 4get what ya call it...

one day at a time.........
sounds like u had a good check up! come on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #163  

Dee-that's awesome! I have a couple biking shorts that I wear to workout in. I have a shirt made of that material that wicks the sweat away. I love that stuff. Should have gotten more of them.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #164  
Staying in 1derland!

weatherman said 85 today..... he missed it by a few degrees... it's 104
Old 06-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #165  
Remember Why I'm Here

Ack Curly!!!! lol. It gets warm here sometimes too... I'm NOT a heat person. I think 75 is a heat wave