Old 02-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #61  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Goooooood Morning Ladies,

I've thought low carb too, but I don't think it's something I could continue for life- Maybe in the future. Because I know it's important for controlling my blood sugars. I have a copy of the Four Corners that Petra is talking about if anyone would like it, I'd be happy to pass it on to one of you if you need it. Let me know. I actually loved the book, but between Lee & I both being so picky, I can hardly use the recipes in it.

We're doing a major changeover of the backoffice and front end computer systems at work right now. Will go live tomorrow. I've been doing lots of hours this week. I'm supposed to have today offf, but already delt with 3 phone calls from the store so far lol...... Ahhhhhhhhhh management hehehehe.

Anyway, new meds are doing ok. Not much pain in my stomach at all. I wonder if I build up a tolerance, or if the weight lost so far has anything to do with it. I can sure tell that I'm not working out tho- I'm about the same weight I was when I stalled before, but having a little trouble getting the old (used to be loose-ish) pants buttoned. Gonna try to do some yard work today. Heavy duty brush dragging kinda work... ick

Mary- Have a wonderful visit with your family. I get to go to Seattle in August Yayyyyyyyyyy...

Val- Hope your weather is picking up there. It's always so nice when the cold & flue and elbow reaking weather is over!

Curly~I bet school and work and working on your health all at once is hard, but it will be so well worth it for you in the long run. Can you cut down on your classes for a while? I know when I 'took a break from school' it was all over. It was just to easy to keep procrastinating going back until I had to admit I wasn't going to go back. Now I regret it..........

You all have a nice day today or whatever it is when you read this- hope you're having the gorgeous blue skies I have this morning!

Dee~
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Dee-I wish we were having your blue skies too. We have been under a tornado watch. One thing I don't like about living down here is tornadoes. They completely freak me out. I even have a NOAA weather radio.

You know you didn't have to use the recipes in the book. You could find your own that just met the goals of the diet or as close as possible but if low carb isn't for you, it isn't for you.

I have to say, these past few days trying to eat lower carb has felt much more comfortable. I don't know if it is just familiarity or if it just agrees with me better. I'll have to see how I'm doing after a couple weeks.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #63  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

I dont know dee .. I think Low carb might be what will get ya past that hurdle.. give it a shot , you dont have to go super low, OR focus on good carbs whole wheat instead of white, whole wheat pasta etc..

Got my hair cut tonite, my hair stylist wanted to try something new that she thought would look really cute.. let me tell ya its super SHORT!!! but its cute..

I am sad today... my boss who i just adore is taking a job in another county

i am only taking 2 classes, but I have to stay at least 1/2 time to keep my student loans.. so I will press on...

yeah I notice that I feel better with low carb... I think I
may go back to the whey protein as well

its been insanely cold here 13 yesterday morning!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #64  
Remember Why I'm Here

thanks girls.... I've tried to do the low carb. Actually I tried almost no carb and it was ridiculously difficult. right now I am focusing strong on good carbs- Whole grains etc.... That, along with a huge loss of appetite from the meds seems to be working for the time being.

And Petra, lol I know I could probably easily make my own recipes or whatever. I guess (no, I know) that was my excuse. I just don't really want to go strictly low carb. Not to say I'm not watching my carbs because I am. Really.

*sniffl sniffl* I'm the only non-low-carber of us!

Curly~I've been doing protien drinks in the morning. I was doing whey, but found a good one that is whey, soy and casein. Fair priced at costco. It's EAS Premium Protien. I read an article in First magazine talked about you should do whey AND soy..... maybe that's helping too?!? I dunno.......

anyhooooo.... stay warm and dry PIC's!!!!

Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 02-12-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:33 AM   #65  
Staying in 1derland!

well u are doing great Dee!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #66  

Kobe is teaching Tammy bad habits today. How to knock over trash cans!

I had a terrible day at work yesterday which unfortunately led to some bad eating but I am back on track today. I'm also off call as of this morning. YEAH! Really, call is not as bad here as it was in PA but it lasts for a whole week at a time. My parents should be here either Sat. or sun. Talk to you soon.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:05 AM   #67  

I tried low carb and it didn't work for me. I just felt so tired on it. I need my carbs!

I've been trying to add fiber to my diet to increase feeling of fullness (to avoid overeating)

What do you all think of benefiber? I've been adding it to my water 3 times a day.

BTW I HAD to take off my winter ticker and avatar. I am so sick of winter. We're getting more snow today.

I'm thinking SPRING!

Last edited by Valerie Joy; 02-15-2008 at 03:07 AM.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #68  

I remember when I lived in PA, by Feb. I would be so sick of winter too.

I think the fiber idea is a good one.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:30 AM   #69  

Hi PICS! I've been getting in my workouts. Mostly walk away the pounds 2 miles video.

It's so cold out. I don't know why I am always more hungry when it's freezing.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #70  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hiya Girls,

Tough week this time around. Staff has been sick so we've been shorthanded- I've been working lots of extra hours. Tooooo bad I'm salary now lol. My weight has fluctuated this week, but this being Tues. it's my official day. I didn't lose, but I didn't gain. I've been a bit wreckless in my choices of what I'm putting in my mouth. Using the lunch size plate has really helped me tho. OH..... I tried those steam bags Ziplock makes now. YUMMY. I've only used it for veggies at this point but they are so much better- and faster. Just a lil FYI for ya'll.

Yayyy Val!! Keep up the good work.

Hope things warm up for all you.

Love, Dee~
Old 02-20-2008, 02:29 AM   #71  

Dee sorry to hear about all the staff being sick. It's going around here also. I'm just hoping I don't get sick again.

I want to walk outside so bad but it's all ice because the snow melted then refroze!

I can't wait for spring!
Old 02-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #72  

I have eaten all kinds of junk this week with my parents being here. We had a good trip to Natchez. Beautiful antebellum mansions. We are having terrible weather again today. Glad to hear everyone else is doing well. When I was eating low carb, I was losing about 1 lb. a day. I know that won't hold up for long but it was a good start. Parents are planning to leave tomorrow so I should be able to get back on track.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #73  
Remember Why I'm Here

Thanks Val. The sick staff is about over... but short handed now cuz I had a guy stealing..... he had to be let go. *sigh* I'm taking Sunday off next week to go to a ham radio swap meet with lee. WooooHOOOOOOO heheheheh... I'm excited to meet all the ol guys he talks with every morning. it's gonna be a challenge tho because they lunch at a chinese buffet. They talk about it all the time and Lee says it is really good. problem: The only chinese food I like is all deep fried with sticky goooey sauce on it. I'm thinking of banking some calories for that day.

One of the girls at work got me a puppy!!!!!! lol.. I love it even if it is a stuffed one lmao..... it's a chocolate lab pupperweight!

Another storm is here today. Been raining heavy with some high winds but hopefully the December storm took most of the weak trees down already. We're crossing our fingers we keep power this time around.

The scale is looking good these days, but Tuesday's weigh in will tell the tale

Petra~ How's it going now, back on your own? How did Tammy do with the company?

Val~ HOpe it warms up for you soon too. I'll never figure out how all of you handle such drastic weather!!!!!!!!

Hey Curly Gurly~ here's hoping you get some spare minutes for yourself!

Loveya PIC's
DEE~
Old 02-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #74  
Staying in 1derland!

hi guys!

must say that I have been cutting back, no more fast food lunches.. and I feel much better! Got myself a container of whey protein, and I have been alternating that for a meal each day... I am so excited I bought myself a washer & dryer yesterday!!! woo hoo

if you have ever schleped laundry to the laundromat.. you know the joy that I will be feeling when thursday comes and they deliver them... chai on the other hand wont be happy cuz that space in my pantry is his "nap nook"

cant wait till the time changes back and it warms up... the days just seem too short when it gets dark early must be a psychological thing that makes ya feel tired.. but lately I have been feeling that spark again...

hope everyone is doing well... haha we have an assignment in my biology class to write about nutritional supplements.. I was like oh yeah I am ready for that one! so guess i better go get that done!

hugs

me
Old 02-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #75  

How about that Curly. I bought some whey protein today too.

You know that argument about calories in and calories out. I'm not sure that is the whole story with low carb. Certainly you can't eat 3000 calories a day and expect to lose weight but you can eat more calories without it slowing you down. Maybe not true for everyone but I have found it to be true for me.