Old 01-28-2008, 07:19 AM   #46  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

well I was 250 on the doctors beam scale, but 252 on my digital scale,, today I am 251 on my scale
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #47  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Yayyyyy Curly!

I did the Dr. today too. I don't like the numbers on their scale lol..... clothes and all BUT it was 7 down from my checkup 2 months ago. Also glucose down, total cholesterol down, bad cholesterol down. I need to bring my good cholesterol up though. It was a motivating appointment.

My official weigh in scale in my own bathroom said 230.0 this morning!!!!

I've been walking on my treadmill. OMG girls, 20 min and I feel dead hehehehee... give me time~~ I'll be a walkin' fool.

It's been a tough week. Cold (for here).. we even had a teeny little snow flurry yesterdey morning. Lost power on Saturday again. Only 15 hours this time. Oh the wind was sooooo loud.

ttyl Ladies!!!! D~

Last edited by iwmonn; 01-30-2008 at 12:24 AM.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:39 AM   #48  
Staying in 1derland!

wow those are awesome results!!! way to go Dee! You are doing a great job!!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:22 PM   #49  
Staying in 1derland!

well dr says the report shows no gall stones no thicking of the gall bladder, but my liver is enlarged... hmmm i ask why would my liver be enlarged? dr says cuz you are overweight...

hmmm no do u drink? have u been exposed to hepatitis? umm possibly anemic? nope automatically cuz I am fat??? dam drs
Old 02-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #50  
Remember Why I'm Here

Good news (i think) curly! no gall stones. I'm not sure what it means to have the enlarged liver though.

I'm plugging along here. Happy with my scale these days . Doing the treadmill, but still not as much as I'd like to. I'll get there! Bad news is I finally have to admit I've started smoking again . Is it just coincidental that I started losing a bit at the same time I started again? Hopefully I can stop as easily as I did last time when I decide it's time. Heh, I already know I won't be able to or I wouldn't be smoking now.

How you all doing weather-wise? I laugh at myself here, whining about a lil chilly wet skies. Then I read about some of the other areas of the country. I guess we don't have it so bad here lol.

Val~ where are you GF?????? Let us know how things are going for you.

Petra~ I bet you're keeping busy with Kobe and Tammy! Hopefully they're getting along well and she's making a quick adjustment.

LisaWY & Louie~ How are you doing ok, op and everything. Shoot us a quick update too.

I love to hear from old PIC's!!!

Dee~
Old 02-03-2008, 03:21 AM   #51  

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for not being much recently. I'm just getting over a really bad cold and unfortunately not exercising for another week caused me to gain another 2 pounds. It's so frustrating but I'm really struggling.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Curly, I'm really surprised you don't have stones. Yes, you can get an enlarged liver from fatty infiltration of your liver. It is most common in alcoholics but also in people who are overweight.

Dee-you are doing great. I'm a little concerned to hear about the smoking though. Not a good trade off.

Val-hope you feel better soon. You certainly have had a run of bad luck lately.

My new dog has been challenging. It's been several years since I have had an untrained dog in my house that I really can't trust. I think she may have been an outside dog in her previous life. She ate a frog this week which she then threw up in the middle of the night and I'm not sure she was completely housebroken either so that has been another major challenge. Good thing I have a steam cleaner.

I've also not been so compliant with my diet either. I'm wondering if Sonoma is too permissive and that is why I'm having such a hard time sticking to it. Is that crazy? I plan to go grocery shopping again today and do some cooking so I'll have some left overs for this week. I go on call on Thurs so I like to have healthy food in the house and left overs ready so I don't have to worry about what I'm going to eat.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #53  
Remember Why I'm Here

Heya Val Gotta get that Airborne down ya . Sorry to hear you've been feeling icky. I've missed hearing from you. I hope you're up and about soon. How's the arm?

Petra~ I"m not real happy about the smoking either. It's like I just was going to have a couple during the power outage here- I've done it several times throughout the 3 or 4 years since I stopped- I could have 1 cigarette then not think twice about not having another for months. This time the absolute addiction has me again. I'm going to make a day to stop soon. As I said, I've been dropping the pounds. But you're right and I know it. Not a good trade off. I've also upped the Byetta. I'm not sure if I'm trying to come down with something (as there is something really nasty going around here), or if it's the meds; but I am soooo not hungry and feeling like I have to force myself to eat... lol never thought that would happen!

Sounds like you definately do have your hands full with Tammy. The visual I got with the frog pretty gross LOL. You can imagine with 5 cats I get some pretty icky hairballs and the occasional gift of a mouse or bird upon wakeup- but a frog- ACKKKKKK.... good luck and keep up the work with her. You know she'll be well worth it!

Curly~ Howzya feeling? Chin up GF!

for us all

Dee~
Old 02-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #54  
Remember Why I'm Here

Here we are at Tuesday again. 227.5!!!!!!

Not much else to say this morning. Election day here in Sunny California. They're pre-empting The Biggest Loser for election results. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I know it's important, but dang.... in this day of cable and satellite- FOX, MSNBC, CNN and all those other news channels you'ld think they could leave the regular ol' broadcasting stations alone. Or at lest just use tickers along the bottom of the screen.

whew! Glad I got that offa my chest lmao.

You Ladies have a wonderful day.

Dee~
Old 02-07-2008, 05:30 AM   #55  
Staying in 1derland!

thats super Dee!!! you are doing great 6 down!!!! Ive gotten my eating back under control now I just have to get the exercise going again!

Don't give up Val I am struggling along with ya!

Petra: my mom & dad adopted a dog on sunday she is really sweet 1 yr old and obedience trained a lab of course... lol my dad thinks labs are the only type of dog,, the rescue groups claims she is pure lab .. but she points like a pointer so we think she may be mixed with pointer. shes a really good girl

Last edited by curlylocks; 02-07-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:12 AM   #56  

I'm not giving up. It is fustrating to see my weight creeping back up but I was thinking if I never lost that weight in the first place and also put on 20 pounds a year (that was my going rate) for the last 3 years I would be over 300 pounds now.

So the good news is I'm still trying to be healthy! Summer will be easier. No ice to slip on.. less colds to be caught and I can start walking outside again!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #57  
Staying in 1derland!

no change this week.. I am with u Val cant wait for spring! My thoughts this morning.. amazing the difference 15 lbs can make in the way that you feel I feel like a slow slug! My psychology professor expects us to devote 12 hours per week to the class.. I am really thinking hard about this decision to go back to school.. I think my time could be better spent improving my health then sitting on my backside studying...... hmmm
Old 02-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #58  

Curly-you won't be sorry you went back to school. I look at it this way. I have a lot of student loans that will be hanging over my head for many, many years. They can take away my car, they can take away my house, but they can never take away my education.

Val-sorry to hear you are struggling but I know how you feel. I'm having a similar problem. Although, I think I am slowly getting to the bottom of it.

I have come to the conclusion that Sonoma may be too permissive-meaning, it allows me to eat too many things. There is no question that I did best on my low carb diet. Although I am absolutely convinced of the health benefits of mediterranean eating, it doesn't do any good if I can't stick to the program. Mary's first commandent of dieting: the best diet for you is the one you can stick to for life. I've only been able to stick to this for a couple weeks at a time. I stayed on my low carb diet for well over a year. My parents are coming to visit next week so this is not a good time to start a new eating program. As you guys know, I'm a big fan of Four Corners. I think it is probably the most healthy low carb diet out there (unless there is a new one I don't know about). I think that is what I'm going to go with when my parents leave. I can also start moving in that direction between now and then.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #59  
Staying in 1derland!

I have to agree Petra, the weight just fell off with the low carb.. was cleanning out some junk from boxes and the book "protein power" dropped on my foot.. hmmm maybe thats a sign from above?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #60  

LOL Curly. When I went shopping yesterday, I thought low carb.