Old 02-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Where have all the PIC chicks gone?

I had a hideous day at work today but hopefully these won't happen very often. I didn't get off track with my food which was a little victory for me. Hope you are all doing well.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #77  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

I'm here!!!

Been busy.... been a bit off track. I need to stop this behavior NOW.... it's the same story every time. I'm beginning to do a bit of self sabatoge. I went shopping in the city yesterday. I didn't have Lee with me and was hungry. I was getting some KFC to take home for dinner and since it was a kfc/A&W combo place I had a cheesburger and ff and root beer for lunch. I (accidentaly HONEST) ordered a #1 instead of a #5 so wound up with a huge Double cheesburger. I ate the whole burger. I do give myself credit for throwing out most of the fries before I could eat them all up tho. I had a small binge on Monday too... some Fritos, 2 cookies and some ritz crackers with cream cheese and my yummmmmy homemade habanero jelly on them. Again, in hindsight I should not have done it, but I also realize it was a handful of Fritos- not the whole bag, 2 cookies-not the entire package and I'm sure toooo many crackers but still not pig-worthy. I know i'm somewhat rationalizing these events and need to move past them. Today it was 1/2 huge order of FF, and an entire 550 cal Toblerone Bar. WHY do I do this? I'm feeling good about myself and then I just undo everything...... anyways, no dinner tonight. Heh I fessed up to Lee rather than force myself to eat more food that I'm not even hungry for!! Other news..........

I go to Anaheim to the Natural Food Expo on the 13-16 of March. I'm going with the 3 owners of the store and one girl from their other store. I know we'll be eating out. I'm going to really watch my choices. yup yup yup!!!!

Petra~ hope your day tomorrow is better!!!!!! Good job staying on track!!!!! WooooHOOOOOO
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:14 PM   #78  

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've been hanging out on the LC forum. I have to say, I'm sort of feeling like I crashed their party but for the most part they have been welcoming. It's a lot more active than it used to be. I remember a couple years ago, there wasn't much going on there. That's why I spent so much time on the protein power board, not to mention almost everyone here does atkins. I think I may be the only non-atkins person on the board.

I seem to have settled back into low carb pretty easily. I still don't have my carbs down to where I want them but I'm making progress. I also got some greek yogurt and kefir today.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #79  

I went to visit the protein power board today-even though I'm not doing protein power exactly and they have inactivated my account. I can sign in but I can't post. I sent them a message asking them to fix it. Not sure how involved I want to get over there but I always felt more like I "fit" over there. People here sometimes get uncomfortable with my approach-even though I almost always mean well.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #80  
Remember Why I'm Here

What is there to be uncomfortable about? I don't get that lol. I have actually learned a lot from you; weather or not I actually put it to use myself, or if it's just knowledge I keep for possible future use. I just want you to know I love having you here!!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:47 AM   #81  

Hi everyone!

I've been doing ok. Eating is not what it should be but I am still exercising everyday.

I can't wait for winter to be over. I just want to be able to get outside and walk!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #82  

Dee-I think some people think I come off as a "know it all" or something like that. That isn't the intention but I think you know what I mean. The protein power board is more science/medicine based and people are genuinely happy to hear my perspective. There are a couple other people there with advanced science degrees so there is discussion on those topics.

My eating has definately improved but my scale hasn't moved yet. I recall this happened last time so I'm not going to freak out yet.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #83  
Remember Why I'm Here

I think I do know Mary. And again I say I love hearing your thoughts. Personally I find them informative and I respect them. I enjoy, and I learn from everyon's various thoughts and ideas here. We all have some sort of knowledge and/or approach that each of the others can take something from. We all support each other and sometimes we've used a tough love type of approach. PIC's are wonderful

heh.... sounds kinda sappy but you all know what I mean........

Val~ It's so good to hear from you. Glad you're keeping up on the exercise. I can't seem to motivate myself to get on that darn treadmill on any regular basis at all. grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I haven't been to hungry lately. I spent to much time last week snacking, and seeking out sweets and chips. Well.... along came TOM and maybe now I have the culprit. lol. I'm not having any cravings the last couple days. yayyyyyy!!!!!!!

Here's to hoping you are all feeling good and having some happy days!

Love, Dee~
Old 03-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #84  

I've come down with some nasty upper respiratory infection. I thought it might be the flu but went to the doctor yesterday and got swabbed and it's not flu but I am certainly miserable. I feel like I got run over by a truck and now I have lost my sense of taste. I've had this before so it must be some specific virus that does it but I don't which one. At any rate, no interest in eating when you can't taste anything.

On top of that, I have some sort of electrical problem in my kitchen. My stove stopped working. I called an electrician this morning but don't know when they will be able to come yet.

Dee-TOM sure can cause some terrible cravings. Hope once it is over, you can get back on track.

Val-hope you are doing well and it is warming up for you.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #85  

Don't know where everyone went. have been really sick with a URI but am starting to get better. Went back to work yesterday and am on call this weekend so don't have any choices today. Hope you are all well.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #86  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hey Petra
Glad to hear you're feeling better! I've just been so busy. So many hours at work. And when I leave the store, I'm still always thinking about work... I'm feeling good these days though. I leave for the Natural Products Expo on Thursday. I'm nervous about that lol. gotta FLY!!! Yikes!

One of my favorite customers was in the other day buying some expensive chocolate. I happen to have several of the bars that had gone outdated and I got credit for them so I comp'd him a couple. OMG he came in with the most fabulous cookies for me.... and I couldn't stop munching them. chunks of chocolate, walnuts and dried cherries..... so OK they're gone now. I'm on my way

My weight is staying fairly stable. Was down to 221 last weigh in day. Now I'm still hovering 222-223. This is where I was when I fell off last year. I WILL break this 220 plane and get into the teens!!!!

Hugssss to all the PIC's!!!! Hope you're well and happy chicas!

Love Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 03-10-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #87  
Remember Why I'm Here

Gooooood Morning PIC's,

I'm off to Anaheim in a bit. Ya know.... I found out the hotel I'll be at is just across the street from Disneyland. I've never been to Disneyland... grrrrrrrrr lmao. I may have some evening time I can go be a tourist if I want. We'll see.
I'm going to really try to make smart choices with my food intake. I'm sure it won't be easy. I'm also using these days to try to kick the smoking habit again. Everyone I'm going with are non smokers so I hope that will help. I really don't like how I feel since I started again. I don't enjoy it all- it's just another addicition. So---- No Smoking, No horrid food choices. Maybe visit Disneyland . I'll see you ladies in a few days.

Be good!
Love, Dee~
Old 03-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #88  

Have fun Dee.

I've been working like a wild woman but seem to have settled nicely into eating low carb again. Almost like I've been doing it forever.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #89  

Hey ladies. Where is everyone? Hope you had a good St. Patty's Day.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #90  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hey Ladies,

I'm back. Things didn't go too bad and YES I got to go to Disneyland!! Thursday night I was starving. I had my shake for breakfast then nothing til about 9:30pm. At Dennys even. I broke down and wolfed a chicken fried steak w/ff dinner. And I paid for it. I hardly slept cuz I was so overfull. Everytime I laid on my tummy it hurt lol... Serves me right hehehehe. Anyways, the rest of the week was fairly sensible. I was way off my regular schedule tho. And wqe walked and walked and walked. The show was HUGE. The Owners went out to see Tower of Power Friday nite and stayed out way late (translation they were hung over Saturday). The buyer from the other store and I went home back to the hotel early cuz we are smart hehehe. Anyway, at breakfast he suggested we skip the rest of the show and took us to Disneyland instead. It was soooo fun but 1 day definitely doesn't cover it. Again we walked a lot all day! So I'm figuring my walking probably worked off that dinner lol.
So now I have a horrible cold. Either that or maybe just a reaction to the polluted air in the city. I'm sooooooo happy to be home Yayyyyyyyy.

How is everyone here? Mary how are you feeling after your URI? I'm so hoping that's not what I'm working on.

Oh, I didn't quit completely on my smoking, but I'm almost done. I've cut so far back that another couple days should see me smoke free again!!!!!

Val and Curlyyyyy!?!?! where you girls been???? Hope your weather is getting better!

Dee~