S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Come out Come Out wherever you are
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Dee, I'm still here. I've been posting on the LC forum, visiting the protien power board, etc. The protein power board has changed a lot. I think my scale is finally going to cooperate for me. Let's hope it continues.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #93  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hey Petra. I'm glad to see you're doing well and I hope that scaleand your body keep cooperating with you!!!!
It seems it's just you & me around here lately. my scale is wavering. I really think it's a mental thing with me to get into those 'teens. I'll break it soon. I know I will. LOL Then I'll have the same emotional/mental issues when I get near wonderland too. Been there-Done that hehehehe.... We will persevere!

VAL & CURLYYYYY?!?!?! ~~I miss the PIC's. Pop in and just say hi

~Dee

Last edited by iwmonn; 03-24-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #94  

You can do it Dee. I have set a little goal to be in Onederland by the beginning of summer. Let's see what happens.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #95  
Remember Why I'm Here

Great goal Petra :clap: I'm still doing the 20 for Now. After that (and I WILL succeed) I'll set a onederland goal.

Here I am tho- the scale up/down. You know I just realized (less than 5 minutes ago), I feel like a child living home with dad again. I'm sneaking food. Eating in my car. Waiting til he's asleep or out of the house, then binging. Garbage I KNOW I don't need, or necessarily even really want for that matter. I know it's wrong, it's self sabotage, it's unhealthy...... BUT I don't need anyone else lecturing me about it, calling me names, laying on the guilt and/or then pretending it's because they care- grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm 40-freakin' 9 years old!!!! OMG, it's SOOOOOO history repeating lol. Does anyone else ever go thru this? Thank heavens there are no fast food places anywhere close enuf to actually go to!!!!!!!

wow PIC's, that was actually really emotional to write and read over. I'm a litte exhausted lol.

OK, Rant over.
Negative behavior is now acknowledged. What I to do with this revelation is now in my own hands.

Thanks,
Dee~
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #96  

or like alcoholics who hide a bottle in the back of the toilet bowl tank? I think he might be able to relate.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #97  
Remember Why I'm Here

heh, so true.

I'm back at 221 today!!! Now I'm going to really push to get under that 220 mark. Yesterday wasn't a great food day for me. Had a meeting at the other store and didn't get lunch before I went. They have a hot deli with chicken strips and corndogs (among other things)... but you can guess what I went for lol. (3 strips and one dog)... But, I didn't hide, and it was lunch, not an extra snack.

So I hope you're doing well Petra!!! btw, how's everything going with the new pup? Did she finally settle down and stop pottying in the house?

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!!

Dee~
Old 03-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #98  

OMGosh Dee. The new dog....... Pottying in the house has been the least of my problems. The dog has health problems. She is throwing up all the time. Trying to figure out what is wrong with her. I started her on new food today but the vet is thinking either pancreatic insufficiency which is common in German Shepherds or inflammatory bowel disease. She is still 20 lbs underweight. She also can't smell!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #99  
Remember Why I'm Here

oh my gosh Petra, I'm really sorry to hear that. Is this something the rescue group should have (or did) know about, that you should have been told before the adoption? No matter now though- I have no doubt there is a reason you and she found each other . btw, how do you detect her ability to smell?

Well, I saw 219 earlier this week, then back up to 222. I'm happy 222 is now my higher end weight!!! 220 this morning but I'm still holding back from adjusting my ticker until it is a stable weight. I guess lol...

I have to read the silly food handlers book today. I have been putting it off and now the seminar/test is tomorrowand I'm only 4 chapters into it. I know the basics but I DO NOT test well. And why is it necessary for me to know the actual freakin names of all the foodborne illnesses anyway? LMAO..... Whatever, I best get to it.

I wish you well Mary, And all the other missing PIC's (hint hint)....

Dee~
Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #100  

I contacted the rescue group and they told me she was never a good eater for them but they never noticed any vomiting. The good news is that I have switched her from chicken based to lamb based food and she is eating like a horse and keeping it all down so far. I'm hoping it was just a food allergy.

The smell thing was sort of a coincidence although she has never sniffed on walks which I always thought was strange. Last week at obedience we trying to teach them to retrieve by throwing a treat, having them find it and then return to you. She couldn't find the treat even when it was right under her feet. I came home and tested her with a bunch of other smells and it became obvious she couldn't smell. I called the vet and she said they use rubbing alcohol. She failed that test too.

Now about the foodborne illnesses.....if you are actually a food handler you do need to know that stuff. You need to know how they are transmitted so you can prevent them. You don't want your place shut down for causing some epidemic.

The low carb forum here has gotten interesting. They renamed it "carb counters" and split it into Atkins and Others. It is certainly more interesting than it was a few years ago. I've also settled into the protein power board again and seem to be finding my place there. I think I'll be okay. I forgot how time consuming this whole thing is. Maybe in a few months I won't spend quite so much time on it.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #101  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hey Petra

How's the pup doing? Still keeping the food down I hope.
My older, fat cat Clyde has had a problem throwing up ever since he found me. I've done the vet, who suggested hairballs- but the OTC med, and combing never really helped. He'll go weeks without doing it, then every morning we get to wake up to his gagging. I switched to lamb & rice foods (both dry and wet) a couple years ago. It seems his "spells" are fewer and shorter. Anyways good luck with it.

I did my test and actually I think I did fairly well. Most the info was pretty simple, common sense, and things I already know and practice. I was worried about all the names of the illnesses and their symptoms etc... I know how to handle food. Temps etc.... but why I had to know names was freaking me out lol. Actually that was only 1 or 2 questions on the test. What was really odd to us was that questions regarding temps were very limited too. I felt that should have been a main focus. Soooooo... I'll know in a week or so how I really did.

How are you doing with your carb/protein plan? That worked so well for you beore! Hope you're doing great!!!!

Curly~~~ Don't you have spring break coming up soon? I miss you!!!!

Val~~~ I miss you too!! How have you been???

Dee~
Old 04-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #102  

Tammy is doing better on her new food.

Dee-you and I seem to be the only two here which is a little spookie. I'm pretty content eating low carb again but my weight loss is going slow. I'm making some adjustments to see if I can find out what is stalling me. I cut out grains last week. I'm going to give it another week before cutting anything else out. I seem to be losing inches even if I'm not losing pounds. 2 people at work this week commented that I look like I've lost weight and I haven't lost that much yet.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:42 AM   #103  
Remember Why I'm Here

I've noticed it's just us two too, but I have faith other PIC's will return with spring just around the corner!

That's wonderful people are noticing. They say it's not all in the scale. LOL whoever They are . I still weigh every morning, and sometimes at night too but I don't obsess over the numbers and I do think I am able to keep it in a proper perspective. I think I do it more out of curiosity how the body works.

What protein powder do you use? I'm still confused about all the different kinds. I recently tried a rice protein (low cals, and low carbs) but it was not very tasty. I've switched to AES (?). I get it 6lbs for about $30 at Costco. It tastes ok. It's a Whey/Soy/Casein mix. I mix it with chocolate Calorie Countdown (used to be called Carb Countdown) and it's pretty good. Anyways, I was just wondering if you had any input.

Have a great day!

Dee~
Old 04-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #104  

I use designer whey right now. I used to use optimum nutrition. There's a brand a lot of people on the low carb sites like but I can't remember the name right now. It has no carbs and 40 grams of protein per scoop.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #105  

The one they like is isopure. I've never tried it. Do you like my new avatar?